Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2012 4:18 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

The animation was really good though.
Aug 30, 2012 4:34 AM

Jan 2012
The episodes that actually have naruto in are always good. The anime for narutos bijuu made was awesome.
Aug 30, 2012 4:35 AM

Aug 2011
gillbobjones said:
The episodes that actually have naruto in are always good. The anime for narutos bijuu made was awesome.

Show is much better when Naruto isn't around to be honest.
Aug 30, 2012 4:39 AM

Feb 2012
Why the fuck do they keep extending the flashbacks, some of them weren't even in the source material?!

I wanted to see the last part of their conversation without a stupid flashback, it kinda destroyed it for me but overall I enjoyed the coversation, the kyuubi is actually a good fellow.

Is it just me or were some of the kid's faces off?

Next week the resurrected Nagato and Itachi, yeah baby and soon Raikage vs. Naruto!
Aug 30, 2012 4:44 AM

May 2012
This episode is a great timeburner! Anyway can't wait for next week's episode to see

Mod Edit: Please use spoilers if you have to talk about what's happening in next week's episode.
LunaAug 30, 2012 9:53 PM
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Aug 30, 2012 4:50 AM
Feb 2008
Younger Naruto's hair was really flashy lol It wasn't like this in the flashbacks before.

I liked the kyuubi/Naruto part.
Aug 30, 2012 5:12 AM
May 2012
I just feel that the kyuubi is going to be friend with Naruto before Naruto will fight Madara
Aug 30, 2012 7:07 AM

Apr 2010
Some bonding between the Kyuubi and Naruto hope the will resolve there problems at some point since it will be extremely hard to fight against Madara.
Killer Bee and Naruto should make a very interesting combination in combat i wonder when there next fight will be.
Aug 30, 2012 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
Few flashbacks, but the rest was ok
Aug 30, 2012 8:39 AM

Aug 2007
My only question is what's the point of that fence if the kids can just jump over it?
Aug 30, 2012 9:17 AM

Mar 2010
I dont like flashback episodes but i guess this one was decent.
Next episode looks boring,sakura is annoying.
Aug 30, 2012 9:18 AM

Jul 2007
Boy i can't wait to see the later half of this war's discussions.

In any case this episode was pretty good, i am grateful that they are improving the animation, they will really need it for the coming events. I mean lets not have a repeat of pains battle all over again please. Can't wait for next episode, its quite interesting.

What i am really looking forward to right now though is a new opening and imagine its going to be changing soon. That first opening is just fail. lol It looks like everyone is doing a singe-a-long dance in the middle of the war.

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary quote.
LunaAug 30, 2012 9:55 PM

Aug 30, 2012 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
Not too shabby for this episode.

Aug 30, 2012 10:50 AM
Oct 2011
link9us said:

What i am really looking forward to right now though is a new opening and imagine its going to be changing soon. That first opening is just fail. lol It looks like everyone is doing a singe-a-long dance in the middle of the war.

Let's hope the new opening will be a good one, I'm sick of Naruto's shitty openings.

On Topic:
For some reason I didn't mind the re-caps, a bit annoying but not that bad. A good episode overall, looking forward to the next episodes.
LunaAug 30, 2012 9:56 PM
Aug 30, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2007
Candor said:
link9us said:

Let's hope the new opening will be a good one, I'm sick of Naruto's shitty openings.

On Topic:
For some reason I didn't mind the re-caps, a bit annoying but not that bad. A good episode overall, looking forward to the next episodes.

Yeah alot of the nauro shippuuden openings/endings were pretty bad ever since the 3rd opening ended. Though recently i have really enjoyed these two very much.

ON topic: I had a feeling this episode was going to be mixed with filler, i kind of predicted it my self in the last discusion because of the title of the next episode and knowing exactly where the chapters are going to fit in between the next two episodes. But its safe to say that the next two are going to follow the manga more closely and be more filler free which is a good thing.

Honestly i don't mind all the flash backs, they were very subtle anyways. The one that we have seen time and time again lol about sasuske and naruto's confrontation i don't know how many times, i lost count. It was only a few seconds, so didn't really bother me that much. I think the studio wants to create all these flash backs because the series is aimed for a younger audience, its a shonen after all and they are trying to make sure everyone understands story and characters to its full extent, thats the use of all the flashbacks.
LunaAug 30, 2012 9:56 PM

Aug 30, 2012 12:04 PM
Jan 2012
I wonder if Kyuubi has a name...
Aug 30, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2008
So I come here to comment how this episode wasn't that bad even though it mostly contained only talking and flashbacks only to get spoiler within 5 comments.

I wish I had the heart to use report function, hell, maybe I should, maybe something would happen, though I seriously doubt that.
Aug 30, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2012
nina4life said:
So I come here to comment how this episode wasn't that bad even though it mostly contained only talking and flashbacks only to get spoiler within 5 comments.

I wish I had the heart to use report function, hell, maybe I should, maybe something would happen, though I seriously doubt that.

Just do it, man.
Aug 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
good episode but the flash backs were just too long. i liked the last bit where naruto looks Kyuubi as a parent

Next episode preview looks intresting
Aug 30, 2012 2:23 PM

May 2010
Loved it. :')

Next week we get to see Sakura again! Yay! <3
:D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 30, 2012 5:04 PM

Jun 2008
"Sasuke, I've always been watching you...."

Naruto literally brought the term "flaming homosexual" back to life in this episode.

Seriously, his obsession with his boyfriend is so wired, do gay couples usually act this way?

I'm not sure.
Aug 30, 2012 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
Liked this episode, yea flashbacks gets irritating sometimes but I don't mind them most of the time..

Enjoy the next episode as much as you can because episodes 279-281 are gonna be filler T^T
At least they are only 3 episodes and not a whole season XD
Aug 30, 2012 6:08 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty interesting episode. Some people need to learn how to use spoiler tags.
Aug 30, 2012 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
A little too much flashbacks (I do not like when they appear in the episode) in addition, these flashbacks were boring, but the episode was interesting, especially the scene when Naruto told Kyūbi that he would try to change him.
Aug 30, 2012 9:02 PM

Jul 2010
Greaat episode! I loved it so much. I'm just a sucker for the Naruto-Sasuke bond, so that must be why it really touched me. Seeing Naruto be his usual awesome self was lots of fun. I just love him so much. :)

And animation was KILLER. <3
Aug 30, 2012 9:10 PM

Dec 2011
Love the confrontation of Kyuubi to Naruto...
If you look into it more... Kyuubi is trying to protect him by using words of threat and discouragement to him. Kyuubi is getting more character now.

I am pretty sure he will be involved in the war sooner or later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2012 11:19 PM

Mar 2011
Nice flashbacks and next ep Itachi n Nagato can't wait to see them.
Aug 31, 2012 12:56 AM

May 2011
sparks said:
My only question is what's the point of that fence if the kids can just jump over it?

Haha perhaps it's just for decoration purposes.

Without the flashback, this episode would be 5/5. Oh well...
Aug 31, 2012 3:17 AM

Nov 2011
Young Hinata O_O

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 31, 2012 3:20 AM

Nov 2011
walkingdeath said:
I wonder if Kyuubi has a name...

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 31, 2012 5:46 AM

Jul 2011
I think I've seen these flashbacks at least a hundred times
Aug 31, 2012 6:22 AM

Jul 2009
Did we really need to see those flashbacks yet again? Also, it's so stupid how all the girls love Sasuke and think he's 'cool' when they're like 9 years old...maybe if they were teenagers yeah but little girls don't care about little boys.
Aug 31, 2012 6:43 AM

Jul 2012
It was 10 min watched anime and 10 min skipping flashbacks... But i can't wait to see naruto teaming together with the nine tails :D (If that will happend)
O'Hai :D
Aug 31, 2012 6:48 AM

Jul 2011
JustALEX said:

Naruto literally brought the term "flaming homosexual" back to life in this episode.

Seriously, his obsession with his boyfriend is so wired, do gay couples usually act this way?

I'm not sure.

And what's the surprise? This show is yaoi, no doubt. Remember Naruto's first kiss ?
Aug 31, 2012 8:06 AM

Oct 2010
mitch3315 said:
gillbobjones said:

Show is much better when Naruto isn't around to be honest.

Pretty much agreed, for Naruto and Sakura both. If there weren't for certain awesome support cast and great villains, I would have dropped Naruto years ago.
Aug 31, 2012 10:33 AM

Jul 2007
Zell182 said:
Did we really need to see those flashbacks yet again? Also, it's so stupid how all the girls love Sasuke and think he's 'cool' when they're like 9 years old...maybe if they were teenagers yeah but little girls don't care about little boys.

No we really didn't need to, but the flashbacks shown back in the filler episodes were actually out of chronological order according to the manga story line. This is when those flashbacks really happened in the manga.

Though i would prefer watching the filler flashbacks because i think anyone can agree with me here, that the animation was actually much greater quality then it was in this episode's flashbacks, i think the animators got a bit lazy again.

Aug 31, 2012 10:58 AM
May 2012
The anime is really getting better now can't wait for next week!!

Aug 31, 2012 12:02 PM

Jun 2008
aiNkyy said:
JustALEX said:

I'm not sure.

And what's the surprise? This show is yaoi, no doubt. Remember Naruto's first kiss ?

Indeed.
Aug 31, 2012 2:21 PM

May 2012
Nice one.. Naruto have really grown and matured already especially in the part where he was talking with Kyubi. And pretty good animation too. I hope they keep it up.
rebelakumaAug 31, 2012 2:27 PM
Aug 31, 2012 5:34 PM
Apr 2008
If you look closely, you can spot flashbacks in this episode...! But as for a constructive criticism, i have enjoyed this ep better than i thought. I kinda...liked it *shivers*

And this was priceless:
Aug 31, 2012 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
I can't wait for naruto to show off and pown in the war.
Aug 31, 2012 10:52 PM

Jul 2007
Andyis said:
I can't wait for naruto to show off and pown in the war.

THats not to far away, and believe me he gets like the center of attention in the war.

Probably by then, new opening though.

Aug 31, 2012 10:57 PM

Jul 2007
Samii said:
Liked this episode, yea flashbacks gets irritating sometimes but I don't mind them most of the time..

Enjoy the next episode as much as you can because episodes 279-281 are gonna be filler T^T
At least they are only 3 episodes and not a whole season XD

It can't be that bad, considering its in the middle of the war, i for one am actually interested in knowing what these fillers entail, maybe we might get some more screen time for certain characters that don't actually play much of a role in the manga. The title of 279 does not sound like a filler though. "the white zetsu's trap" thats in the manga.
ArtimesGamerAug 31, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 1, 2012 12:12 AM

Jul 2010
aiNkyy said:
JustALEX said:
I'm not sure.

I wonder if you guys have some kind of trauma in the past then i don't blame you. I never thought like that. First time i realized after a year later why they call NaruSasu and how fujoshi's are obsessed with pairings (in almost every series). Next thing i know you will pair up the second one with his brother when the moment will come. oh well. can't help it.

Though I do think his obsession as a friend is weird but again he's stubborn to begin with.
Sep 1, 2012 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Han-yuu said:
aiNkyy said:
JustALEX said:
I'm not sure.

I wonder if you guys have some kind of trauma in the past then i don't blame you. I never thought like that. First time i realized after a year later why they call NaruSasu and how fujoshi's are obsessed with pairings (in almost every series). Next thing i know you will pair up the second one with his brother when the moment will come. oh well. can't help it.

Though I do think his obsession as a friend is weird but again he's stubborn to begin with.

It is brotherly love for god sakes. This story really focuses on the bonds that you share with the person that is closest to you, that is one of the major prominent themes of naruto and i think its pretty great to be honest. Not ever did i find any this series depict homo sexuality or yaoi in it like everyone says.

To me its just a series that focuses strongly on friendship and family love. Kishi him self is married and has kids that he loves as well and he is conveying that message of realistic characters bonds, feelings and family emotions and bonds through his story, the same as his life.

Sep 1, 2012 4:50 AM

Jul 2011
link9us said:
To me its just a series that focuses strongly on friendship and family love.

aham ok...
Sep 1, 2012 8:05 AM

Sep 2008
Counseling Kyuubi at your service being that father/mother figure.
Sep 1, 2012 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
link9us said:
It is brotherly love for god sakes. This story really focuses on the bonds that you share with the person that is closest to you, that is one of the major prominent themes of naruto and i think its pretty great to be honest. Not ever did i find any this series depict homo sexuality or yaoi in it like everyone says.

I hope your reply is not meant for me because that's what i said with different words.
Sep 1, 2012 10:38 AM

Jul 2007
aiNkyy said:
link9us said:

aham ok...

You and alot of others are perverted, and think that way because its in your nature. you think a one liner like "sauske i've always been watching you" could be something sexual?? I mean come on, grow up. That line can be used in many different meanings, family bonds, it could mean that some one has been "watching you grow and mature" or can simply mean that the individual has been "keeping an eye on you" watching your every move, anticipating your every action. Their is so many more meanings to that line then something of a homo sexual nature.

I guess a dying older brother proclaiming that he will always love his younger brother, is definitively going to be something homo sexual huh?

I know if my younger brother died on his death bed right in front me, i would just be thinking nothing but homo sexual thoughts.

ArtimesGamerSep 1, 2012 10:48 AM

Sep 1, 2012 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
Han-yuu said:
link9us said:

I hope your reply is not meant for me because that's what i said with different words.

No i was agreeing with you, getting my own personal point across these other "fans who thing naruto is homosexual fanclub"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.