Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 28, 2012 6:55 AM
May 2007
if early 2000s and 90s is old, to me, you are a total anime noob. i think rurouni kenshin stands up very well today. character and mech design wise, gundam holds up VERY WELL if you play the recent games based on the first series. if you play giren's greed on saturn, psx, dreamcast, ps2, or psp, some of the scenes are reanimated and artistically, it holds up well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erqGZxRt4hk
here is giren's speech from the game which was also featured in the original 1979 series

then you have a recent series like gundam seed where hirai hisashi can't draw more than one fucking face and you can't tell if it's a man or woman. and moe characters look all the same except different color hair.
Aug 28, 2012 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
Nah. I just don't like graphics where they don't even try. Lots of Shaft anime come to mind.
Aug 28, 2012 3:13 PM
Feb 2011
ParaParaJMo said:
if early 2000s and 90s is old, to me, you are a total anime noob. i think rurouni kenshin stands up very well today. character and mech design wise, gundam holds up VERY WELL if you play the recent games based on the first series. if you play giren's greed on saturn, psx, dreamcast, ps2, or psp, some of the scenes are reanimated and artistically, it holds up well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erqGZxRt4hk
here is giren's speech from the game which was also featured in the original 1979 series

then you have a recent series like gundam seed where hirai hisashi can't draw more than one fucking face and you can't tell if it's a man or woman. and moe characters look all the same except different color hair.

Don't know if talking to me or not....
Aug 28, 2012 3:25 PM
Mar 2011
Underscore43 said:
MaedhrostheTall said:
ParaParaJMo said:
i find old school anime more multi-dimensional than the anime of today both story wise and artistically

QFT

Just to clarify, what IS the definition of "old" nowadays? 90s?

lol

Usually by old they mean early 2000s, 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s

90's is not old 80's is not old
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 28, 2012 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
I don't really like old anime graphics. I try to look for the remastered version if there is one. If there isn't then I just suck it up and watch the anime.
Aug 28, 2012 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
I don't mind old animation at all.If I love the character designs, then the animation can be as mediocre as it pleases.I don't like it when manga I like get adaptations with shitty animation though, unless the anime is from the 70's or something.(ie:Ashita no Joe)

And since I don't really like most of the character designs in shows today, I don't really give a damn about how well they move or not.It's like, let's see, if you animated poop and made it move amazingly(don't ask me how lol), I would still prefer something that's visually interesting to me even if badly animated over it.You might say I'm not 'appreciating how good the animation is' but while I can admit that the animation is good, it still doesn't mean that I actually like the style it's drawn in, making me not like it as a whole.I think.

Also, 70's is old.I have this friend who insists 90's is old, and that's just retarded.That would mean I'm old, and I'm not even 20 yet.
Aug 28, 2012 7:46 PM
Apr 2010
I'm not bothered by the graphics. If an anime is good, then it's good. If it's ass then it's ass, no amount of quality in the animation is going to save it from a drop in my eyes.
Aug 28, 2012 8:09 PM

Feb 2008
Otaking87 said:
Underscore43 said:
MaedhrostheTall said:
ParaParaJMo said:
i find old school anime more multi-dimensional than the anime of today both story wise and artistically

QFT

Just to clarify, what IS the definition of "old" nowadays? 90s?

lol

Usually by old they mean early 2000s, 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s

90's is not old 80's is not old

80s definitely aren't that old. I'd say everything before 1980.

I can understand people disliking the visuals in early 2000s, but to call it old is just stupid. So what, in 5 years, Bakemonogatari will be old school?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 28, 2012 8:12 PM
May 2012
The no. 1 selling point of an anime for me is the story but a good illustration and animation makes a difference. I don't care if the animation/graphics is bad as long as the story is good.
Aug 28, 2012 9:28 PM

Dec 2011
I don't hate them because of the time period they have been made
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

70 by omorashi »»
12 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

210 by perseii »»
16 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

34 by joseifan »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

125 by logopolis »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.