Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion


Aug 25, 2012 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 899
For those of you who don't read the LN, here's a spoiler-free description of the Army since so many people have referred to it: it's a large (the largest, iirc) organization primarily based on the first floor of Aincrad. It got its name from, NOT SURPRISINGLY, the way it is structured. People have ranks just like in a real army.

I know. What a bunch of freakin' nerds.

Army members could've shown up in this episode, but there are plenty of chances where they can be introduced so I'm not sure what the big deal is.



And for those who don't like this episode that much, well, now's the time to drop. The main plot is here and if you don't like it, why stay?
Modified by zannett, Aug 25, 2012 5:36 PM
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2884
I just wonder if ever they do beat the game, what will happen to them once they're thrown back into the real world? If that happens. But that's a long way from now, it looks like.

Also, boobgrab /testing Paul
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
TravSavage said:
I just wonder if ever they do beat the game, what will happen to them once they're thrown back into the real world? If that happens. But that's a long way from now, it looks like.

Also, boobgrab /testing Paul




:D

and no I'm not spamming refresh, I just happen to be here at the right time.
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 899
TravSavage said:
I just wonder if ever they do beat the game, what will happen to them once they're thrown back into the real world? If that happens. But that's a long way from now, it looks like.


Well, they've lost at least two years of their lives. The government has been keeping their bodies safe for the time being, so all they've gotta do is get used to real life again. This is as simple as an answer I can give you I guess, but there really isn't much to it.
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
Solkiskey said:
Dafuq they're doing with this adaptation seriously.

From the start they were serious, but like most said, those Side stories were hard to adapt.
Much like Horizon's first 3 episodes.

PirateKingz said:
Yes, no more side stories! The actual plot is finally picking up.


Actually there's one more that will probably fit in.
Modified by kaimax, Aug 25, 2012 5:40 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
What the fuck… The order is completely fucked up, this should’ve been episode 2. The last what, 5 episodes are almost all wastes that introduced the characters at the wrong time!
This is the first good HALF GOOD episode since episode 1
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
GodlyKyon said:
What the fuck… The order is completely fucked up, this should’ve been episode 2. The last what, 5 episodes are almost all wastes that introduced the characters at the wrong time!
This is the first good HALF GOOD episode since episode 1


Actually, they were introduced in the correct chronological order.
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 229
As someone who finished reading Volume 1 when this episode came out. I was surprised to see how this episode started matched with how the Light Novel also started. I know how it will all go down and looking forward to see the animated version. Of course I fell in love with Asuna when I saw her after finished volume 1. There were a few things that were left out from the novel but it was still a good episode. Can't wait for the rest and wondering if the other volumes will also get animated? I know that volume 2 is Side Stories but not sure about the others.
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 154
Loved this episode 5/5. I think that I know what's going to happen in the next episode.
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 899
Paul said:
GodlyKyon said:
What the fuck… The order is completely fucked up, this should’ve been episode 2. The last what, 5 episodes are almost all wastes that introduced the characters at the wrong time!
This is the first good HALF GOOD episode since episode 1


Actually, they were introduced in the correct chronological order.


This.

On another note, I admit that the author should've given each of these side story characters a bigger role, but they won't just disappear from the series after these episodes either (unless anime decides to take them out, which I think is unlikely). Many people seem to think these characters are unnecessary and I agree to a certain extent because they really don't do much plot-wise. When those characters come back though, they'll make the scene a lot livelier.
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
darkmar7 said:
Can't wait for the rest and wondering if the other volumes will also get animated? I know that volume 2 is Side Stories but not sure about the others.


It's pretty much obvious that they;ll be animating volume 3 and 4 too. Most of volume 2 was already adapted, we just need 1 more chapter from Vol 2.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 353
This series just keeps getting better and better.

 
Aug 25, 2012 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
This time, they adapted it pretty nicely :D For me, that is.

Btw, why was a guy from the Laughing Coffin shown? Can anyone remind what is supposed to happen with him?
 
Aug 25, 2012 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
HauntingShock said:
This time, they adapted it pretty nicely :D For me, that is.

Btw, why was a guy from the Laughing Coffin shown? Can anyone remind what is supposed to happen with him?


 
Aug 25, 2012 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:
This time, they adapted it pretty nicely :D For me, that is.

Btw, why was a guy from the Laughing Coffin shown? Can anyone remind what is supposed to happen with him?




 
Aug 25, 2012 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:
This time, they adapted it pretty nicely :D For me, that is.

Btw, why was a guy from the Laughing Coffin shown? Can anyone remind what is supposed to happen with him?




 
Aug 25, 2012 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 899
HauntingShock said:
This time, they adapted it pretty nicely :D For me, that is.

Btw, why was a guy from the Laughing Coffin shown? Can anyone remind what is supposed to happen with him?


There might be some original content and I have a theory in the spoiler tag below.

 
Aug 25, 2012 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
Who's the other guy beside Kirito that can
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
Kurogashi said:
Who's the other guy beside Kirito that can


 
Aug 25, 2012 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5027
decent episode finally on track again wish the action didn't have to many still shots but the ones that weren't were nice

at the duel i was really expecting that cloaked guy from the PK guild to gank Kuradeel after krito beat him
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
Kurogashi said:
Who's the other guy beside Kirito that can


 
Aug 25, 2012 6:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
-MgZ_ said:
Kurogashi said:
Who's the other guy beside Kirito that can




 
Aug 25, 2012 6:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 295
I...I...I-...

Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
pretty decent episode so far, or at least they didn't cut any minor details
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2675
It was a very solid adaption and very faithful as well, it skipped the meet up with the Army but its an acceptable skip since the episode had a great flow, tho while my memory may be off...I Dnt remember the Laughing Coffin watching the match, I just hope they Dnt go original and stick to the novel; if they just wanted to throw that in since they ruined Laughing Coffin when they got introduced then that's fine, in any case next episode is gonna be epic, can't wait to see "that" animated XD
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:33 PM
Spoony Bard

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2000
Nice episode :) I want moooar. Asuna and Kirito are so cute <3
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1262
Holyshit only 8 episode have gone by and were 2 years in? im really starting to think about how their body look after 2 year trap in a game, how are thier body getting nutrition? maybe im overthinking thing but damn, the "MOE" factor was here with Asuna in regular clothes and some nice action with Kirito showing up Asuna Guard leave it to someone to bitch when when out classed like that.

On a Sidenote: Wonder how Laughing Coffin (i think the name was not sure) is gonna play into the next episode if or at all they show.

Why would you open the Boss Door? nothing ever come from opening the Boss Door they should know that they play RPG Damn it


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
Hydnlife said:
Why would you open the Boss Door? nothing ever come from opening the Boss Door they should know that they play RPG Damn it


Well in this case, they can just leave the room and they should be safe, at least safe from the Gleam Eyes leaving the room.
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4229
It's very frustrating how Kirito being as overpowered as he is removes any chance for conflict or tension. I actually thought that duel would have been something halfway interesting and then I got a giant slap across the face instead. Shame on me, I suppose.
 
Aug 25, 2012 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
InfiniteDestiny said:
It was a very solid adaption and very faithful as well, it skipped the meet up with the Army but its an acceptable skip since the episode had a great flow, tho while my memory may be off...I Dnt remember the Laughing Coffin watching the match, I just hope they Dnt go original and stick to the novel; if they just wanted to throw that in since they ruined Laughing Coffin when they got introduced then that's fine, in any case next episode is gonna be epic, can't wait to see "that" animated XD


 
Aug 25, 2012 6:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
^ you need to check the vn if you think u're right
That part was in chapter 8 when they first introduced the army.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
Vforvendetta said:
^ you need to check the vn if you think u're right
That part was in chapter 8 when they first introduced the army.


 
Aug 25, 2012 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
I order that was chronological was not engaging. This would've pulled a lot more people in the first time. And THEN introduce the side characters
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
Kirito murders an innocent rabbit in cold blood. What a dick. He needs someone who can cook it for him, what a fortunate coinkidink that our hero's e-girlfriend had maxed out her cooking skill, she'll make a perfect waifu!
Episode was boring as usual, we get to see badass Kirito being his badass self and saving a damsel in distress once again without effort. What a badass.
Also, we had to have the fucking accidental boob grab scene, can't go without it apparently
God this series is overrated
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
haters gonna hate
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
GodlyKyon said:
I order that was chronological was not engaging. This would've pulled a lot more people in the first time. And THEN introduce the side characters


Lol as you can see, this episode surprised a lot of anime viewers who haven't read the novel yet. If you didn't read the whole thread, like " wtf 2years have passed?" , "omg it was so quick".
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 415
PuppyFucker said:
Kirito murders an innocent rabbit in cold blood. What a dick. He needs someone who can cook it for him, what a fortunate coinkidink that our hero's e-girlfriend had maxed out her cooking skill, she'll make a perfect waifu!
Episode was boring as usual, we get to see badass Kirito being his badass self and saving a damsel in distress once again without effort. What a badass.
Also, we had to have the fucking accidental boob grab scene, can't go without it apparently
God this series is overrated
HauntingShock said:
haters gonna hate

 
Aug 25, 2012 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
PuppyFucker said:
Also, we had to have the fucking accidental boob grab scene, can't go without it apparently


Boobgrab? Here's a better pic gif.

 
Aug 25, 2012 7:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 96
Just some info the boob grab scene does happen in the novel but that's because she fell on him without her chest plate in the anime they wanted to make it longer so she had a chest plate on.

The reason he easily broke the guys two hander sword is because it's highly decorated thats why it has low durability and Kirito aimed at the weakest point of the sword and was able to break the sword.

If they minimized the fan service Kirito would have had the time to explain how he broke the sword
Modified by MrChu, Aug 25, 2012 7:36 PM
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3827
Great episode! and Kirito you lucky bastard!
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2723
Great ep. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Paul said:
PuppyFucker said:
Also, we had to have the fucking accidental boob grab scene, can't go without it apparently


Boobgrab? Here's a better pic gif.

Fuck yea! Lol. Love boob grabs.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 578
Great episode this week. Not a lot of fighting, but at least we got to see the dynamics of dueling. It also involved more of Kirito and Asuna's relationship.

 
Aug 25, 2012 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
I swear Asuna has like the slowest reaction to it, I mean he squeezed them like 5 times before she did anything.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 414
Oh yeah sure, the uber pro Front Attack leader girl suddenly forgets how to teleport properly, cause yeah, these things just happen. Sudden amnesia or sumtin'.
And our badass master ninja 6th sense swordsman Kirito suddenly has no reflexes whatsoever and doesn't notice shit.
This is how ya do it man:


Seriously what was the point of that scene. And saying "But oh, it was like that in the LN!", doesn't mean anything, except that the LN was being cliché crap as well.

Oh and what is up with every anime MC ever being all stunned with how touching boobs feels, like they're some freaky alien organism or something? Christ.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
I'm glad there's only few haters for this ep :D
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 414
The ep itself was not bad, but that scene was just friggin' unnecessary.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 96
Electromaster said:
Oh yeah sure, the uber pro Front Attack leader girl suddenly forgets how to teleport properly, cause yeah, these things just happen. Sudden amnesia or sumtin'.
And our badass master ninja 6th sense swordsman Kirito suddenly has no reflexes whatsoever and doesn't notice shit.
This is how ya do it man:


Seriously what was the point of that scene. And saying "But oh, it was like that in the LN!", doesn't mean anything, except that the LN was being cliché crap as well.

Oh and what is up with every anime MC ever being all stunned with how touching boobs feels, like they're some freaky alien organism or something? Christ.


haha that's so awesome I guess she was altitle to dizzy when she fell on him to notice

Also I'm amazed how fast she got over it and the mob scene their her attacks feel so weak lol
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 412
Electromaster said:
The ep itself was not bad, but that scene was just friggin' unnecessary.


Uh oh, here comes paul.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17412
Dessiato said:
Electromaster said:
The ep itself was not bad, but that scene was just friggin' unnecessary.


Uh oh, here comes paul.


Post lacks boobs.
 
Aug 25, 2012 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 578
Electromaster said:
The ep itself was not bad, but that scene was just friggin' unnecessary.


i kind of have to agree with you. The only reasoning behind it, that I can think of. Is that Kirito let down his guard with his yawn/the fact he was in a town. As for Asuna, she might of just been really surprised by the escort and really needed to get away as fast as possible. Furthermore, this is different from escaping from battle since monsters can't also teleport into towns.

But the real reason this happened, and the reason behind a lot of this episode is due to fanservice... But I still enjoyed the episode!
 
Top
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »