Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2012 9:23 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Today's evaluation machine is the "weapons mule" Mobile Armor Big Rang, designed as a supply unit. With Monique being debilitated after the loss of Erwin, Lt. Oliver May is selected as the pilot.

The Rang is larger, height wise, than most super robots...
May 6, 2013 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
That was really an awesome episode. I really liked the series, and how both the Engineer and the redhead girl were able to survive.

This, together with Gundam 0080, are the most different Gundam series I've seen. They show a more human side of Gundam, and that's really great.Also, it was good to see a Gundam series protagonized by Zeon soldiers.

ps: It's funny how all of the big explosions are blue in this show
May 6, 2013 4:38 PM

Apr 2008
Either the Rang is quite awesome, or the Feddies are so pitiful that they got beaten by an engineer.

Or maybe it's because the Rang is RED!
Jul 16, 2013 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good OVA especially for one with CG.
Apr 29, 2014 6:03 PM

Sep 2011
this episode was almost fucking amazing, but then the ass pull ending killed it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 8, 2015 3:37 PM

Feb 2011
I'm really impressed. I had such low expectations but it turned out so much better than I expected. Especially after just having watched 0079. The ending would have had a bigger impact if Oliver, Cadillac and the other guy actually died but it was still really good.
いっぺん死んでみる?
Apr 27, 2015 5:46 AM

Nov 2014
Ok after a long period of thinking it over and looking over the footage of the final battle I think I'm okay with this (kind of)

There is a notable difference between the Big Rang and all the other weapons 603 tested over the last 6 episodes, all the previous experiments were just mobile suits or in the very first episode just a very large cannon, The Big Rang's top half however is a Mobile Armor, Mobile Armor's are extremely well armoured and are pretty much designed to take on Gundams and massive enemy groups, So Oliver's survival isn't as absurd as you might think.

Oh and to anyone as confused as I was with that Gelgoog at the end, that wasn't Kuspen's, Kuspen's Gelgoog was white and black with some markings on the shoulders, The Gelgoog at the end had no markings and was in the ordinary colors , so Kuspen did actually die.
Nov 16, 2015 8:28 AM
Oct 2010
It became very formulaic storywise.

Otherwise we got good mecha action out of it, which is gundam's strongest forte anyway.

Last episode really had me until the ending reveal , which was very comforting to otherwise tragic formula of previous episodes.

I really wish character animation would had been in 2D though.

Onto Igloo 2
Mar 22, 2016 2:16 AM

Dec 2015
This last episode was as good as the previous one for different reasons. I just ended 0079 (films and manga) and to relive the battle of A Baoa Qu under a different point-of-view was interesting, the lead character demonstrated an evolution and they breaked the Igloo pilot "malediction". Not a fan of such a monstrous M.A. (I did not like the Big Zam but it was indeed a good fit for Dozle), but thanks to the pilot lack of experience it did not seem extremely overpowered.

Last positive point: I found myself pretty into it.
Apr 16, 2016 11:53 PM

May 2009
OMG guys! They're alive! :D

Even death couldn't do anything to a RED plot armor mobile armor.
Jul 25, 2016 7:33 PM

May 2012
That ending! Pretty great development actually didn't expect that! But well the CGI still bothered me, I do wonder if the sequel to this they actually made the CGI a bit better.

That said these last 6 episodes weren't all that bad just this awful CGI that's killing it :/

Oh well, let's see what's next.
Oct 11, 2016 7:20 AM

Aug 2016
This was better then Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War.
It still had the same formula of "random guy testing random machine and dying"

I was pretty hyped with episode 2 they showed a tiny tiny bit of backstory with Monique and her brother, wich made you care for the character atleast a litle bit for once, but yeah then random lazer came in and ruined it.

I think the last episode was actually good, atleast i liked it, the litle flashback of people that died testing the machines added meaning to those characters. Monique and Oliver surviving in the end was kinda weird, considering they just kill all their characters, but i liked it.

6/10
Dec 14, 2016 3:54 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Third Ova, and continues when the second stopped, and we can watch a small side of the war, in the last battle when Zeon lost the war!!!

In summary, this 3 ovas was nice, although, for me, don´t have the impact that haved the first 3 firsts, but is interesting to watch of near the last battle of 0079 UC.

The message is always the same, humans, the people and the curse of the war!!!!

7/10.
Aug 2, 2017 2:03 AM
Jul 2017
That Big Rang thing was dumb. Hated it.

Rest of the episode was good. Definitely the best of the 6 so far. Have the 3 remaining for Federation to watch next, but overall the Zeon PoV for Igloo was a bust. Average, on the border with not entertaining at all. Cool though to see some battles, and events from 0079 mixed in here.
Aug 2, 2017 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
laughterjones said:
That Big Rang thing was dumb. Hated it.

Rest of the episode was good. Definitely the best of the 6 so far. Have the 3 remaining for Federation to watch next, but overall the Zeon PoV for Igloo was a bust. Average, on the border with not entertaining at all. Cool though to see some battles, and events from 0079 mixed in here.

Hang in there. IGLOO 2 is disgusting.
Jul 13, 2021 10:43 PM
Nov 2018
the last 2 episodes were very enjoyable despite the graphics. the setup from the 1st 3 episodes made this part more satisfying to watch.
Dec 22, 2021 12:31 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, it's formulaic, but also really well done. Simple but effective story.
Apr 9, 2023 9:01 PM

Jul 2012
Oliver May have been a Zeek. But he was a human being who cared about others and lived through some truly horrific shit. 
Dec 18, 2023 3:30 PM
Apr 2012
Amazing finish to the series. It still managed to surprise me. The change of mission from just testing weapons to straight up fighting out of necessity because their side is losing the war gave the show bigger stakes. It was a fight for their own survival with Oliver being forced to pilot the mobile armor because they didn't have a pilot. The moment after the ceasefire order when they were attacked by Federation soldiers and had to continue fighting was so on point.

All in all, the series showed the absurds of making and testing weapons for military, the cruelty and senselessness of war and unavoidable tragedy that follows. How did Oliver remain an idealist who still wants to fairly test new weapons, I will never know.

This was one of the best Gundam series I saw
9/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 Episode 1 Discussion

shakeyourpup45 - Aug 24, 2012

15 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 2, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 Episode 2 Discussion

shakeyourpup45 - Aug 24, 2012

16 by bmw830 »»
Dec 18, 2023 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.