Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2022 7:17 AM
Jun 2022
One of the best things I've read besides umineko
Sep 18, 2022 7:11 AM

Apr 2019
Truly incredible. A great story with unparalleled metaphors and attention to the concept of obsession in sports and in life. 9/10

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Jan 12, 2023 9:30 PM

Jan 2020
this is peak fiction 
utterly speechless .....
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Mar 3, 2023 11:29 AM

Mar 2020
story peaked with the 14 mountain team. everything before & after was meh 
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 28, 2023 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Beautiful artwork that kept evolving into something incontestably majestic. I'm conflicted with all else.

Mori isn't a terrible character but sometimes Sakamoto or Nabeda would forget about everyone else. Characters quickly became footnotes within Mori's journey and would only appear when the story needed to double down on making him as miserable as possible. Seriously, almost every character has the incentive to ooze appalling behavior with little to no redeeming qualities. We don't get a lot of time with these characters either. They're here, they're nasty to Mori; rinse and repeat. As if their entire personality is tailored to pointless cruelty. This made flashback scenes about their personal lives less impactful to me.

Every climber is inept to Mori. Seasoned mountaineers are rendered useless, reckless and idiotic in comparison. Only Mori is meticulous, calculating and disciplined. Characters that could have potentially rivaled his reputation ended up dying off page, with hazy details. Forgotten about altogether.

Too bad, although it was still a joy and worth the read for the panels that left me speechless. The pages that related sunrise to that of a grand orchestra, spilling through the mountain's valley, as rays of light took over its peaks- stunning! I'll never forget these moments.
Aug 12, 2023 6:01 AM

Jul 2021
Utter masterpiece of an ending. Im so happy i read this manga it's truly changed my life forever and will forever be my all time favourite manga. 

Oct 7, 2023 12:09 PM

Aug 2022
Such a great ending. I'm a bit sad that he became crippled, but at least he's alive.
Nov 25, 2023 5:46 PM
Jul 2020
Mori the climber is gone, but now Mori the family man can step up and lead a happy life. Love that
Jan 4, 9:22 AM
Jul 2019
This manga is a work of art
Jan 25, 4:42 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty good read. It started off like shit (I remember dropping the manga because I was not interested), but I gotta say, it was worth it to keep reading to witness the KINO PEAK of the 14 mountain arc aswell as the last couple of chapters in this manga. Seeing Mori mature from a loner who indirectly got his sensei killed into a married man was truly an incredible journey. He yearned for loneliness, and then later, he yearned for companionship.

I guess there were SOME consequences to climbing k2, as his mountaineering career is pretty much dead (which I assume that's what the one panel of "the immortal katou buntaro is dead" meant. not that he actually died, but moreso his career is over). seeing him lose everything from climbing k2 sucked, but atleast he was smiling in the end. even if he cant climb bigger mountains, he still has family to look forward to. thats another benefit of companionship i suppose.

i kinda found it icky that everyone from 14 mountain died from the all traversal, while mori was able to climb k2 all by himself. i felt like it kinda went against the themes of how you cant mountain climb solo. you NEED a group, or YOU WILL DIE. but i guess not? eh, whatever i guess. i can suspend my disbelief for the time being considering how superhuman mori is. maybe it also shows how loneliness can be better than companionship...(?) but thats only if your companions are incompetent dumbasses like takemura and that one vice captain...

with that being said, im kinda glad that this manga didnt focus too much on the side characters anyway. its clear that this manga is a character study of mori and mori alone. there's no need for extra filler fluff. this manga was very well paced in that regard.

overall, crazy ass adventure. i loved most parts of it.
the artwork was simply a treat to the eyes, every couple of panels i'd genuinely just gaze at it like a louvre painting. awesome stuff. the opera, nighthawk imagery of niimi's death, mori in space being hopeless, and the final "amazing grace" panels are all highlights that i wont forget.

shinichi truly cooked.

astoneonJan 26, 5:06 AM
man.
Mar 14, 6:59 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to UnknownGhost5
Such a great ending. I'm a bit sad that he became crippled, but at least he's alive.
@UnknownGhost5 man you are truly devoted, thanks for being always here reacting to chapters.
Mar 14, 7:02 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to astoneon
Pretty good read. It started off like shit (I remember dropping the manga because I was not interested), but I gotta say, it was worth it to keep reading to witness the KINO PEAK of the 14 mountain arc aswell as the last couple of chapters in this manga. Seeing Mori mature from a loner who indirectly got his sensei killed into a married man was truly an incredible journey. He yearned for loneliness, and then later, he yearned for companionship.

I guess there were SOME consequences to climbing k2, as his mountaineering career is pretty much dead (which I assume that's what the one panel of "the immortal katou buntaro is dead" meant. not that he actually died, but moreso his career is over). seeing him lose everything from climbing k2 sucked, but atleast he was smiling in the end. even if he cant climb bigger mountains, he still has family to look forward to. thats another benefit of companionship i suppose.

i kinda found it icky that everyone from 14 mountain died from the all traversal, while mori was able to climb k2 all by himself. i felt like it kinda went against the themes of how you cant mountain climb solo. you NEED a group, or YOU WILL DIE. but i guess not? eh, whatever i guess. i can suspend my disbelief for the time being considering how superhuman mori is. maybe it also shows how loneliness can be better than companionship...(?) but thats only if your companions are incompetent dumbasses like takemura and that one vice captain...

with that being said, im kinda glad that this manga didnt focus too much on the side characters anyway. its clear that this manga is a character study of mori and mori alone. there's no need for extra filler fluff. this manga was very well paced in that regard.

overall, crazy ass adventure. i loved most parts of it.
the artwork was simply a treat to the eyes, every couple of panels i'd genuinely just gaze at it like a louvre painting. awesome stuff. the opera, nighthawk imagery of niimi's death, mori in space being hopeless, and the final "amazing grace" panels are all highlights that i wont forget.

shinichi truly cooked.

@astoneon could not have said it better.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokou no Hito Chapter 167 Discussion

alpir - Jun 8, 2015

3 by nara_1412 »»
Apr 14, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Kokou no Hito Chapter 152 Discussion

nate23nate23 - May 2, 2012

6 by nara_1412 »»
Apr 14, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Kokou no Hito Chapter 145 Discussion

inzaratha - Apr 8, 2012

7 by nara_1412 »»
Apr 14, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Kokou no Hito Chapter 124 Discussion

Culex - Apr 1, 2015

4 by nara_1412 »»
Apr 7, 1:20 AM

Poll: » The Climber Chapter 98 Discussion

Personas - Jan 8, 2011

13 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 6, 10:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.