Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 9:24 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 25, 2012 6:45 AM

Aug 2010
i was hoping to see what happened with Rima and Shiki >.< ...
anyway it's good now that they know Kaname's motive....
Aug 25, 2012 7:26 AM

Jun 2012
VampireLord said:
i was hoping to see what happened with Rima and Shiki >.< ...
anyway it's good now that they know Kaname's motive....

What was it with Rima and Shiki? I don't remember:\

Anyways, I liked this chapter, I feel sorry for Ichijou though..I think he really loved Sara, and I think Sara also did but for some reason she didn't want to show it. I'm curious to see what Yuki will do in the next chapter, and what will happen with Kaname and that Hooded Woman.Will we learn her name?What? I also want Kaien to take action as the legendary vampire hunter.

My happiness is his unhappiness, and his happiness is my unhappiness.
-- Sankarea
Aug 25, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
Yes, Yes, Sara is finally dead! I really, really disliked her ^.^ Seems like Tanuma will go against Kaname.And although I disliked Sara, I agree with her, Kaname is once again leaving his light.Forget about Hooded women and her wish already T-T
And aww I reallu liked that little Zeki part in last few pages ^^ Can't wait for next chapter
Aug 25, 2012 11:33 AM

Mar 2010
Ok, I'm getting used to being confused about what's going on where but why are there only plot relevant characters? 3 vampires are fighting in hunters association and no one does anything until it's plot relevant? Why do all people that stop being plot relevant just disappear into thin air? I feel like the story is getting lost in itself. The only 2 things that actually happened in the last 2 chapters is that Sara died and we learned why Kaname wants to kill purebloods. Maybe it's just me but I feel like the author is killing every interesting idea she has. Sara's death came out of nowhere, the activation of the Parent was completely unnecessary in retrospect and it was pointlessly made to be something VERY important but then it died within a few pages. And WTF Yuuki's animals are butterflies? Seriously? Is she going to dress all pink and make ridiculous poses too? The author REALLY isn't made for long manga. This would have been MUCH better if it got a conclusion pre-timeskip.
SuiNoByakkoAug 25, 2012 11:37 AM
Aug 25, 2012 12:49 PM
Dec 2009
HikaruIzumi said:
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the author is killing every interesting idea she has. Sara's death came out of nowhere, the activation of the Parent was completely unnecessary in retrospect and it was pointlessly made to be something VERY important but then it died within a few pages.
You're not the only one who feels that way. I was pretty stoked for this chapter's release and then I was pretty disappointed by the end of it. The Parent's revival was an amazing development that could have potentially served to change the story in significant ways but she killed it off within the chapter. *facepalm*
Sara's death was not unexpected but given all the dozens of chapters spent on her (developing her own army and manipulating the vampire population), it was a real killjoy when Hino-san removed her in such an abrupt manner T.T
MarcusCorvinusAug 25, 2012 12:53 PM
Aug 25, 2012 1:17 PM

Feb 2010
HikaruIzumi said:
3 vampires are fighting in hunters association and no one does anything until it's plot relevant? Why do all people that stop being plot relevant just disappear into thin air?

When I think about it - u r right. Assosiation doesnt consists of 3 members. So where the hell every1 go?

HikaruIzumi said:
Sara's death came out of nowhere, the activation of the Parent was completely unnecessary in retrospect and it was pointlessly made to be something VERY important but then it died within a few pages.

Yup, pace is too fast. It's just one short chapter, but looks like it must be done in 3 chaps. Or is she trying to finish this manga soon? It'd be better if she'd wrap everything, and fast, coz this manga is going down in my eyes.

Aug 25, 2012 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
Why everything is sooo confusing? I miss old chaps when everything was interesting and not soo complicated
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 25, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Yes HikaruIzumi and MarcusCorvinus I agree this would have been stronger if it was not dragged out into a long manga. I thought the ancestress coming back was cool, but you're right that happened too fast, we should have seen Kaname with her more.
But now we see that Kaname was been working on the ancestress' plan all this time. And Yuuki and Zero are fighting side by side again which I like. I think the author is trying to undo some of the mistakes she made with the manga but it's a bit too late. I still love this manga but the whole time before she went away with Kaname and the time skip was SO much stronger and better written and plotted out, but I think she is seeing her way back with this finally and it HAS improved a lot in the last 5 chapters or so. I am really liking it again like I didn't for about a year in the middle.
For me, I'm glad I have stuck with it and still enjoy it.
Aug 25, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
Ugh, so much Yume referencing in this chapter.
Kaname's supposed to have a horrible ending to his life already!
That's the only thing that will redeem what this manga has become.
Seriously, Zero deserves to just be happy by now.
Aug 25, 2012 4:46 PM

Mar 2011
The short revival of the ancestor was just anticlimactic. Giving her such a short appearance makes the whole idea feels forced, as if they're using her as a last resort to finish the conflict.

I like how Kaname appeared behind Ichijou without saying anything though. A silent "I do need you." Zero was pretty nice too.

Except with the whole Parent thing, it was an all right chapter
Aug 25, 2012 5:48 PM
Jul 2018

SARA IS DEAD! I did think she also like Ichijou but never dare to show it. Somehow, I'm curious of what Ichijou will do. Looks like he's having his revenge? Oh gosh, now I want Kaname to live A HORRIBLE LIFE. He's stupidly annoying for me right now. Damn for the parent revival. It happened so fast and ended so fast. I hope the author will end it now. It is dragging really, really long.
removed-userAug 25, 2012 5:51 PM
Aug 26, 2012 2:01 AM

Aug 2010
AnnaVk said:

What was it with Rima and Shiki? I don't remember:

Shiki was following Takuma to the Association place didn't he take those tablets? he still needs Yuuki's blood since those tablets makes vampires insane....

anaaga said:
The short revival of the ancestor was just anticlimactic. Giving her such a short appearance makes the whole idea feels forced, as if they're using her as a last resort to finish the conflict.

yeah i think it was meaningless to awaken and then just go away cuz of a few words from Kaname....
Aug 26, 2012 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
Arurie said:
Ugh, so much Yume referencing in this chapter.
Kaname's supposed to have a horrible ending to his life already!
That's the only thing that will redeem what this manga has become.
Seriously, Zero deserves to just be happy by now.

YOU'RE SO SO SO SO SO SO SO RIGHT I AGREE 10000000% WITH YOU!

-- Sankarea
Aug 26, 2012 5:09 PM

Jun 2012
VampireLord said:
AnnaVk said:

What was it with Rima and Shiki? I don't remember:

Shiki was following Takuma to the Association place didn't he take those tablets? he still needs Yuuki's blood since those tablets makes vampires insane....

Oh of course, you're right! Silly me. :)

-- Sankarea
Aug 27, 2012 1:26 AM

Jul 2012
This chapter was alright..? But definitely not as good as the previous chapter!
I was hoping for a longer development of the parent and hooded woman thingy in this chapter after completing chapter 84 but... the author like totally killed the idea within one or two pages... which is REALLY DISAPPOINTING! Everything happens so fast... which is really confusing! Hopefully chapter 86 will bring more justice to it :)
Aug 27, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
what the fuck was that? That has got to be the most anticlimactic thing iv seen in a long ass time. Yah glad sarahs dead, looks like kaname is still retarded but i think its pretty obvious he wont die like we all want him to but i think the creator doesnt realize a majority of people despise him even outside of the ship war.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 1, 2012 2:19 AM
Aug 2012
i don't think kaname is completely evil...sure he has a reason for doing everything .but he is doing it the hard way.previous chapters and what sara said make me thinking.but treating yuki that way made her stronger than .before ,she was weepy ,week and all that .and i think he is doing all that for the sake of yuki i mean after killing all purebloods,maybe kaname will sacriefice himself to turn yuki into a human for good... sara is dead she deserved it anyway ,but why ichijou is always on the other side.first Rido then sara! Maybe she was controlling him but sure he had some feeling for her
Matsuri hino should make things more exiting again...not just yuki hunting kaname we get it! I like that zero didn't want to kill kaname
Sep 1, 2012 2:21 AM
Aug 2012
i don't think kaname is completely evil...sure he has a reason for doing everything .but he is doing it the hard way.previous chapters and what sara said make me thinking.but treating yuki that way made her stronger than .before ,she was weepy ,week and all that .and i think he is doing all that for the sake of yuki i mean after killing all purebloods,maybe kaname will sacriefice himself to turn yuki into a human for good... sara is dead she deserved it anyway ,but why ichijou is always on the other side.first Rido then sara! Maybe she was controlling him but sure he had some feeling for her
Matsuri hino should make things more exiting again...not just yuki hunting kaname we get it! I like that zero didn't want to kill kaname
Sep 14, 2012 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
I liked how the chapter was very much about the plot and moving the story along.

Finally Sara came to her end as expected. It was a tad sooner then I had thought, but really she reminded me of a child who's eyes were too greedy when seeing all the candy, and could not eat it all in the end. I wouldn't say Sara was a good villain really, Shizuka, Rido and Asato were a lot better IMO.

I felt sorry for the ancestress, as she's not been sleeping in peace like most who die, but been living a sort of existence in the furnace and suffering really from what it looks like. We had confirmation that Kaname was in fact very much doing what the Ancestress wanted, and it was not him misinterpreting her, so we at least had this cleared up from this chapter.

Interesting thing is the furnace losing its power and the Ancestress trying to take back the power she had given out in the hunter weapons to sustain herself so that she could accomplish her goal. With this my question is why was the furnace losing its power? Was it due to too much of her power going into the weapons and not leaving a lot left in the furnace? Or has someone tampered with it somehow? My reasons for asking this are that with Kaname's plan being him succeeding the Ancestress, it will probably mean him creating a furnace from his own blood (this was the original plan to begin with Kaname creating the furnace), so whats to stop this predicament from happening again if Kaname does create a furnace before Yuuki can get to him?

Next chapter should be interesting.
Sep 15, 2012 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
I feel the same way as some of the other people replying here: I don't...quite understand what is going on anymore. ^^; Everything seems to be moving so quickly and the whole plot, to me, seems to be sloppy and not at all like the BEGINNING of the series.

In the beginning, I could really understand and connect with everything that was going on. But, now, to be quite honest, Vampire Knight just seems to be all over the place. :/ I have to more or less read discussions like this JUST to understand what all is going on.

Whatever interest I once had in ZeroxYuuki shipping is now non-existent. I really enjoyed their development in the whole first half of the series. But, I don't really feel as though there has been any real development between them since they've 'joined forces' once more.

Zero has the same general personality, but we're definitely not getting the same depth and character development that we were getting in the beginning of the series. Everything just feels so hollow to me.

At one point I really believed that Yuuki was Kaname's whole world, and so I could cope with the story when Yuuki abandoned Zero and everyone to run off with him. But now, even that has seemed to shifted and I am just REALLY not liking the story anymore.

I almost feel like the author has lost her muse for Vampire Knight but is trying to appease her fans by finishing it in the best way she can.
Sep 23, 2012 12:47 AM
Nov 2010
I keep saying I will drop VK, it is becoming less interesting
I seriously want it to end already...TT^TT it keeps on dragging on
Oct 4, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
That's the fighting spirit. Go YUUKI :D

- barely alive -

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.