Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2008 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
dude said:
I have a question :D In the end of the episode they were left locked inside,right?

Look here,can you see,there is actually a ladder behind them :D

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Ugh, it was such a stupid blooper!
Oct 17, 2008 6:58 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Riah said:
dude said:
I have a question :D In the end of the episode they were left locked inside,right?

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Ugh, it was such a stupid blooper!

As it's been said before: The ladder was not high enough. You probably can't even move it. If you're going to pay attention to details, do it properly. xP

cyruzOct 17, 2008 7:02 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 17, 2008 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
Wow I've never rooted for another pairing besides the pairing that's meant to happen. o_O Now I'm hoping Ruyji end up with Kushieda too..
HEY!
Oct 17, 2008 7:20 PM

Sep 2008
tigerclaw said:
I think it could have been better but it wasn't terrible.

Agree.. i was waiting more...
Oct 17, 2008 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
cyruz said:
Riah said:
dude said:

As it's been said before: The ladder was not high enough. You probably can't even move it. If you're going to pay attention to details, do it properly. xP

Yeah, I just rewatched the scene and realized that even before reading this thread again. I think I did it properly the second time, if there are so many ways to do it. Thanks. ;)
Oct 17, 2008 8:24 PM

Aug 2007
This is an anime original episode right? Even if it is, I thoroughly enjoyed it given the interactions between Minori and Ryuji. Though it seems that J.C. Staff are back to their old tricks again making Taiga needlessly violent. Are they all frigging masochistic or something?
Oct 17, 2008 8:39 PM

Dec 2007
I just hope Inko-chan (parrot) survives throughout the series, seriously >_>
Oct 17, 2008 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
its getting worser and worser after each episode
Oct 18, 2008 12:49 AM

Mar 2008
Except Taiga's pokes, it was an "OK" episode.
Oct 18, 2008 2:46 AM

Feb 2008
I like Minori more than Taiga now.

I suppose that's not how things are supposed to be?

PimpToad said:
This is an anime original episode right? Even if it is, I thoroughly enjoyed it given the interactions between Minori and Ryuji. Though it seems that J.C. Staff are back to their old tricks again making Taiga needlessly violent. Are they all frigging masochistic or something?

No idea, but it's annoying. I've heard that Taiga is hardly violent at all like this in the novels/manga, seems like JC Staff wants another Louise. Not liking Taiga at all, too much bitchiness.

Mod Edit: posts merged. Use the Edit link if you have something to add, don't double post.
cyruzOct 18, 2008 5:24 AM
Oct 18, 2008 4:01 AM

Sep 2007
Hm, I think this episode has changed who I will be rooting for. At the beginning, I was rooting for Taiga for some reason, but now I think Minori is winning by a little.
Oct 18, 2008 5:19 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode - enjoyable like the ones before.

Now I have more respect for crazy Minori. It was a badly necessary character episode.
Also beating a tsundere character with it's own weapons is a nice thing for a change.

OP & ED have really grown on me.

Oct 18, 2008 7:27 AM

Mar 2008
Great epi! Gives more info on Minori.
I'm starting to really love the op and ed!
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Oct 18, 2008 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
Enjoyable episode. Minori has infected even me with her spirit.
Oct 18, 2008 8:23 AM

Sep 2007
vindemon64 said:
I dunno, maybe I'm just getting tired of Kugimiya Rei or I've seen one too many of these kind of scenarios, but this show is getting progressively worse since the first episode. I'm not saying this episode was necessarily bad, but I really didn't enjoy this episode all that much. There really wasn't much development of either Ryuuji or Taiga, imo.

I'm pretty tired of Rie tsunderes now myself. Taiga seemed a bit different from the usual tsundere role but each episode she starts becoming more and more like Louise or Shana or whatever character that likes being physical for no reason. *sigh*

On another note, Kushieda is just pretty much awesome and I like how her cheerful persona kind of has something else behind that.
Oct 18, 2008 9:48 AM

Jun 2007
This episode is full of minorin epicness
this actually made me think of the possibility of ryuuji x minorin. you know, i wouldn't mind that pairing all that much, i think i would actually root for it. though, i really don't know how the relationships will develop. this is a really interesting anime. one of the top ones this season.
Minorin is such an awesome character. cheerful, energetic, a little bit airheaded, but moe overall. <3
"we want a homerun, yay yay yay".. lovely
i loved takasu's line of "that off-pitch singing...... ah, kushieda"
funny parts this episode were takasu getting poked in his eyes.... xD
it was interesting to see kushieda calling ryuuji by his name... and takasu adoring kushieda that much xD
lol @ the old man touching ryuuji's but for mirano's dna XD
funny thing how taiga had to do all the work....
double urusai this time.... i think kugie doesn't want to use her triple one just yet xD
facial expressions this episode made me laugh.... takasu's face when they get locked in was funny
lol @ taiga being overly cold and scary after getting to the store xD
"the pitcher is scared. hey hey hey" lol
so kushieda actually was scared... she's such a cute character. its so nice seeing such a cheerful character, even when she's scared
xD, i expected ryuuji to fall when he saw taiga.... didn't expect her to jump on top of ryuuji though.
i look forward to next episode, this anime is getting way more interesting each episode. and even though they rushed through the manga, i really wish this anime could go a little longer than 13 episodes (hopefully the thing about the second season is actually true.
Oct 18, 2008 9:51 AM

Sep 2008
i actuall like Toradora its a pretty good anime to watch, and i like of the comedy and the mystery of taiga and their loves:) CUTE
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Oct 18, 2008 10:31 AM

Feb 2008
Haha that was nice.
Minori is great.
I wonder what the three of them are doing now in the storage room. :P
Oct 18, 2008 11:43 AM

Jun 2007
Ryuuji forcefully making Taiga smile was so lol.

Oct 18, 2008 3:36 PM
Dec 2007
hknamida said:
I actually enjoy Toradora a lot more THAN expected.

Totally. I expected a ZnS/Shana rip-off and in the end we have a great comedy/romance show that actually makes sense, with great direction, good developments, interesting characters and over all : a fantastic atmosphere (where most animes do not even have a specific atmosphere nowadays...). I'm extremely surprised by this show, it may be one of my favourite shows of this fall, even if I'm not a big fan of the style.

And Taiga is 100 times better than Louise (well I hate Louise...)/Shana/Nagi etc... because she does her best and tries to become better, what the other Kugimiya Rie characters do not even think of.
JacutOct 18, 2008 3:40 PM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 18, 2008 3:56 PM

Jun 2008
lols i thought it was funny at the end
when she was looking at him through the bars and he stares back
that would scare the shit out of me
haha but this episode was ok

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Oct 18, 2008 6:08 PM
Dec 2007
You know, unlike Louise, Taiga actually has good reasons to get mad at Ryuuji. The first time Ryuuji was getting lecherous and depraved thoughts about Minorin, who if you remember well is Taiga's best friend. The second time he made Taiga do all the work and spent his time being lazy, scoping out Minori and drinking tea with a depraved "uncle". I'm sure she's entitled to direct her anger at him in those situations. At least it's honest reasons instead of stupid misunderstandings.

And I think the best part here that separates it from Zero no Tsukaima, Ryuuji and Taiga are not already predetermined to hook up. This episode really gave us some needed Minori action. Ryuuji really is obssesed about Minori.

Oct 18, 2008 7:01 PM
Oct 2008
I still enjoyed this episode but i will say it wasnt as amazing as the first 2 but still a wonderful episode that continues to make this show one of the tops of the fall
Oct 18, 2008 11:32 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:

I seriously spat water out of my nose when I saw this cut!
Oct 19, 2008 1:24 AM

Jun 2007
kuroshiroi said:
I don't know how I feel about Minorin, she feels a little bit boring despite her crazy behaviour. She only has one "mode": Energetic! Hopefully she has a horrible past as hinted by her trembling.

Then again maybe she just being overshadowed by Taiga.

Ya, I really hate her in your face overly excited attitude about EVERYTHING. I think theres a definite possibility that we will learn about her having a dark past of some kind. Tiaga probably already knows, thats why she was telling Ryuuji not to pry into her life.

Someone should give her Geass Eyes :D
Oct 19, 2008 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
Haha, loved it when he met Taiga face to face at the window XD
Oct 19, 2008 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
i just noticed Taigas proportions look off, shes got short arms i think XD
Oct 19, 2008 3:02 AM

Dec 2006
Finally Minorin shines in one episode >D
She's so full of energy!!

Taiga's force smile by Ryu is so hilarious ! XD
More cute & tsundere scenes of Taiga =D
Looks like the Love is building up.
drastikhateOct 19, 2008 3:23 AM

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Oct 19, 2008 7:12 AM

Mar 2008
yay! loving the development!! Aisaka finally sees she likes ryuuji and tries to compete for him against hinori!! heheheheeeee!!!!!!! man im loving this!! and theres actually more than wht it seems for each character! *pleasantly surprised*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2008 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
Cute episode ^^ Kushieda wa totemo kawaii. Still I love Aisaka
Oct 19, 2008 10:12 AM
Dec 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
yay! loving the development!! Aisaka finally sees she likes ryuuji and tries to compete for him against hinori!!
Maybe on an unconcious level, but on the outside, she's just sick and tired of him drooling all over the place over Minori. He was spouting lines only an obssesed and depraved stalker would say.

Oct 19, 2008 10:56 AM

Apr 2007
Davison said:

best part of the episode, lol.

I'm loving Rie's voice on Taiga. great work.

and yeah, kushieda was funny.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 19, 2008 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
This is a weird anime. Why does it always get better in the other half of an episode? o.0

I'm starting to get fed up with her attitute. Taiga, I mean.

The window scene was the best!

Oct 19, 2008 2:53 PM

May 2007
Shinmaru said:
Pretty solid episode but a definite step down in quality from ep2, I think. Still, lots of great Taiga and Kusheida moments, so I can't complain too much.
This episode was simply:
NOT FUNNY

Leon-Gun said:
sugarplumfairy said:
yay! loving the development!! Aisaka finally sees she likes ryuuji and tries to compete for him against hinori!!
Maybe on an unconcious level, but on the outside, she's just sick and tired of him drooling all over the place over Minori. He was spouting lines only an obssesed and depraved stalker would say.
I Disagree about the stalker thing...
That was not something depravated...
He only said about she being a bright girl. Whats wrong about that?
And if he really had though something... lets say different... whats the problem?

Anyway
Jeez, i though Taiga would be tsundere only.
Not only tsuntsun...
She is pissing me off. No, really, just because she can't move any further in her relation with block-omura she has to fuck up things with Ryuji? That guy actually is taking care of her!

BTW, he said he would be come a dragon. Where is the Fuking dragon?
Those 2 episodes back then were better.

I wonder why they couldn't keep with the manga art....
(Inko-chan in the anime is scary instead of funny, i mean, thats not even a parrot, it seems like a deformed monster, with wings... =P)

Need moar Deredere and Ryuuji with scary face.
LOL
RyushiOct 19, 2008 3:07 PM
Oct 19, 2008 4:01 PM
Mar 2008
Rofl he tried to change his clothes but instead got a DNA touch. Anyways Minorin is the greatest.
Oct 19, 2008 8:15 PM

Aug 2008
Davison said:
urusai urusai...
baka inu!

Just like in Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no shana! xD
Loved this episode as well!

^LOL^
GenixOct 19, 2008 8:19 PM
Oct 20, 2008 8:52 AM

Sep 2007
Kushieda is only ok for me but the episode was awesome like ever =)

I want to watch soon the third girl, the one with long blue hair, she seems a very good character and the next ep appear, i hope it will be a good character.

Kouta~
Oct 20, 2008 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
Excellent Episode! XD
Taiga on the bike was very funny!!
Oct 20, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
EVERYONE TIME TO GET THE FULL ED!!!!!!!!!!!

*listening to it now!!* LOVE IT LOVE IT!

HERE!!!!!!! http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=165523
angel999Oct 20, 2008 5:55 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 20, 2008 5:43 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
angel999 said:
EVERYONE TIME TO GET THE FULL OP!!!!!!!!!!!

*listening to it now!!* LOVE IT LOVE IT!

HERE!!!!!!! http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=165523

That's not the OP but the ED though. I'll wait for the neat Nipponsei release.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 20, 2008 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
I did like this episode, yet somehow the last one had me saying "oh my gawsh I wuvzz this show" but this one didn't really, not to say one episode will ruin everything, I do like Taiga because she's pretty different from the other known tsundere's, and thankfully she isn't beginning to own Ryuuji out of jealous, ;3

I really like Minori, she's just...awwwhs. Like, everytime I saw her on screen this episode I was smiling, <3 & oh my goodness I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE Ami Kawashima, she'll probably replace either Taiga or Minori on my fall favorites, oh noes! ^^
Oct 20, 2008 6:44 PM

May 2008
Davison said:
urusai urusai...
baka inu!
LMAO!!
Oct 20, 2008 10:10 PM

Dec 2007
After I watched epiosde 3, I enjoyed Toradora a lot more. It keeps better and more better so far. Kushieda is an interesting character. I loved it when Ryuuji met Taiga face to face at the window.
gameoffreak8Oct 20, 2008 10:17 PM
Oct 20, 2008 10:15 PM

Feb 2008
Ryushi said:
*long post*

Yeah, Taiga sucks. I would enjoy this show more if she wasn't such a Louise clone, who I hate.
Oct 21, 2008 5:36 AM

Oct 2008
OT question:

After clicking the subbers comments, I saw 3 main groups that sub it that has negative comments...

Just wanna ask w/c of them is the most reliable translation wise.
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Oct 21, 2008 4:59 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i thought it was alright. i'm not going to drop it.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 21, 2008 5:38 PM

Oct 2007
this was a cute episode, though kushieda'svoice is SOOOOOo annoying :x
Oct 21, 2008 7:19 PM
Dec 2007
codename64546 said:
OT question:

After clicking the subbers comments, I saw 3 main groups that sub it that has negative comments...

Just wanna ask w/c of them is the most reliable translation wise.
It's sadly as hard to pick as you imagine. So far all 3 groups make mistakes in places others nail. ALmost makes you wish you could just pile all three fansubs together into one.

Oct 21, 2008 10:57 PM

Sep 2008
I love this Anime So much. #2 on my list for fall 2008.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 22, 2008 4:11 AM

Feb 2007
Kusheida saved this episode. A really quirky, funny girl. Taiga's only good moment was at the very end with the ladder. Other than that, she was a lot more annoying in this episode, and the first half was really disappointing because of that.

It's also annoying when the male lead can't form a sentence around the girl they like. Thankfully that was fixed by the end.

The introduction of the final main character should spice things up next episode, depending how she fits into this love square.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.