Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2008 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Ok so I came up with a strategy with 5 of my cards and wondered if there's any loopholes, rulings or opponents cards to look out for with it:

Monk Fighter: ATK 1300

Scapegoat: Summons 4 monster Tokens which cannot be used for Tribute Summons. (It doesn't say it can't be used as tributes to equip cards, but I don't know if I'm right or not.)

Sword of the Soul Eater: Equips to a lv3 monster (Monk Fighter) and gives 1000 ATK for every monster tributed on the field (besides the equipped monster).

Lone Wolf: Monk Fighter Can't be destroyed in Battle and is unaffected by opponents monster effects if alone on the field.

Junk Barrage: Inflicts Half the destroyed opponent's monster's ATK points to the opponent's life points.

So basically I tribute the scapegoats to the Sword, then I equip Lone Wolf to Monk Fighter as he's the only monster left on the field.
I have a 5300 ATK monster which can't be destroyed in battle and is uneffected by the opponents monster effects.
I use that ATK power and Junk Barrage to dish out massive damage.

So. Can I use the Scapegoats this way? And if my strategy works, is there anything I should look out for on the opponents side that could be a hindrance to me?
LordSchmeeOct 15, 2008 12:26 PM
Supreme Seireitei - Captain of the 10th Court Guard Squad

If you like Pigtailed guys, join this club! NAO!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 21, 2008 7:57 AM
Mar 2008
well its a fine idea the only thing that troubles me is how do u want to do it in 1 turn
but other then that its a fine idea
yo...
Oct 21, 2008 8:26 AM

Jan 2008
chazz said:
well its a fine idea the only thing that troubles me is how do u want to do it in 1 turn
but other then that its a fine idea

It'd take a few turns to collect all the cards, unless I was really lucky.
Unless ther're cards that allow you to get specific cards from your deck?

Oct 27, 2008 5:48 AM

Apr 2008
anything that destroys monsters.. Things like fissure, mirror force & lightning vortex. Stuff like that. Also your combo can easaly be blocked by using dark bribe, magic jammer & Solemn judgement...

That combo is far from a win but its nice to dish out some damage.......
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jan 22, 2009 6:36 PM
Feb 2008
Sorry to say but that combo cannot work. Since Sword of the Soul-Eater can only be equipped to a level 3 or lower "Normal Monster." Monk Fighter carries an effect. :P
Jan 23, 2009 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
mmccaskill said:
Sorry to say but that combo cannot work. Since Sword of the Soul-Eater can only be equipped to a level 3 or lower "Normal Monster." Monk Fighter carries an effect. :P

Wow, I forgot about this thread. ^.^'
Yeah, I just noticed it when I was re-structuring my deck. :( :P
Also, tokens can't be used. :(

Jan 23, 2009 5:12 PM
Feb 2008
LordSchmee said:
mmccaskill said:

Wow, I forgot about this thread. ^.^'
Yeah, I just noticed it when I was re-structuring my deck. :( :P
Also, tokens can't be used. :(

It's possible for them to be used. The game doesn't really address what type of monster a token is. However the game does define what a normal monster is. Since a Normal Monster is essential a monster without an effect (That's it's rhetoric - not basing it also on the fact that the color scheme of the card has to be yellow), a token is essential a Normal Monster. There really isn't any ruling addressing that.

Oh and yeah thati was a late response but appearently I'm a Duel Monsters junkie and since myanimelist is a great site why not join a club for DM.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» DuelingNetwork

munevar800 - May 3, 2012

0 by munevar800 »»
May 3, 2012 5:16 AM

» Rate my Blue eyes/Hopeless dragon deck,all feedback appreciated

-Decoy- - Apr 26, 2010

2 by -Decoy- »»
May 27, 2010 12:28 AM

» Who play's Yu-Gi-Oh?

OtakuFreak - Jul 28, 2007

26 by BLSoldier »»
Mar 24, 2010 3:18 PM

Poll: » YuGiOh Duels Online

LordSchmee - Mar 26, 2009

3 by Remus_Lupa »»
Jul 20, 2009 3:40 PM

» what do like to play most ???

KazzIsTheName - May 1, 2008

8 by mmccaskill »»
Jan 22, 2009 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.