Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 5, 2014 2:55 PM

When you're about to die of old age.
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/

Feb 7, 2014 6:13 PM
It's just like my opinion on gaming, you should stop when your about a million years old. When that time comes say you were joking and tell them you'll stop when the universe dies. When that time come tell them you'll stop when time stops...(^-^)
I will not give up! Ever!!! (Most used anime line)

Feb 7, 2014 6:26 PM

@Otouto- That was a perfect post! lol

I agree, it's all about interest, I love watching anime but when I went to university I stopped for a good full year, I just couldn't get back into it but ever since, I've been enjoying it more so than ever. With sites like this laying out a lot of info and recommendations for you, it's so much easier to find what you;re interested in and organize interests to.

Feb 7, 2014 6:30 PM

I actually got into anime from people who are a lot older than me. It really doesn't matter how old you are, if you enjoy it you enjoy it. That being said, it shouldn't be placed before more important things like a job, family, etc. As soon as you jerk responsibility for anime or the culture its built, then you are too old for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpejQ1I7Z0
^^^This is all of you people t(^-^t)

Feb 7, 2014 6:46 PM

Dofy said:
@Otouto- That was a perfect post! lol

I agree, it's all about interest, I love watching anime but when I went to university I stopped for a good full year, I just couldn't get back into it but ever since, I've been enjoying it more so than ever. With sites like this laying out a lot of info and recommendations for you, it's so much easier to find what you;re interested in and organize interests to.
This! Loving how easy it is to find and talk about the series you want these days.

Age isn't an issue. Even if your interest runs out, it can return with a vengeance!
*^^* Click to hug Mami! -->

Snarky memes & witty GIFs for All!
Stolen from PDot19, with credit to Ntad

Feb 7, 2014 7:57 PM

I predict watching anime, at least to some extent, for the rest of my life. It's enjoyable...and there's always a lot to talk about with people you share this interest with.

Feb 7, 2014 7:59 PM
TripleAOneE said:
Stop worrying about age, age is but a number. You stop watching it once your interest is 0.

This.

Jun 9, 2015 5:58 AM
So, basically, i made an account to post this. Read some posts and... "if you are over <insert random number here> and watch anime you have no life/ didn't grow up" .. well for those that said that, I am 25 years old, i have a job where i communicate and do business with a lot of different people who hold different social statuses, my hobbies are enduro motorcycling (google red bull romaniacs) and skiing and i have a very stable relationship (2 yrs) with a girl that has a part time as a model. Also i watch anime. All my friends know it, and they really don't care, because i don't care if they do. That being said, here's my conclusion: watching anime has no age limit. It's all about the preferences and doing what you like wholeheartedly. So watch on! Only 2-3 years late post

Jun 9, 2015 6:02 AM

There is no age defining what you can and can't watch, just like that there is no age defining wat you can and can't do. Just look at a man I know, he is 80+ and still thinks freerunning etc. is cool so he tried it out himself (To be fair, he's not really good, but he still does it whihc is the only thing that counts)

Jun 9, 2015 6:04 AM

30s

Jun 9, 2015 6:06 AM

anybody here who have a dad that watches anime?

But you'll still take damage!

Jun 9, 2015 6:07 AM

maku21 said:
Yep.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.

Jun 9, 2015 6:09 AM

NERigby96 said:
maku21 said:
Yep.

wut anime?

my dad watches too. lol

Jun 9, 2015 6:12 AM

One should never watch anime

Jun 9, 2015 6:18 AM

maku21 said:
NERigby96 said:
Yep.

wut anime?

my dad watches too. lol
He watches anything, really.

He loves Studio Ghibli, and he's also enjoyed: Azumanga Daioh, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Noein, Serial Experiments Lain, Eden of the East, Petshop of Horrors... Lots, really. The only thing he disliked was Shigurui, but that's because he's old (68) and couldn't keep up :P
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:

Jun 9, 2015 6:20 AM

I don't think one can become too old to watch anime... becoming too old to post on such forums however.....

Jun 9, 2015 6:21 AM

NERigby96 said:
maku21 said:

wut anime?

my dad watches too. lol

He loves Studio Ghibli, and he's also enjoyed: Azumanga Daioh, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Noein, Serial Experiments Lain, Eden of the East, Petshop of Horrors... Lots, really. The only thing he disliked was Shigurui, but that's because he's old (68) and couldn't keep up :P

that's cool :)
my dad so far watched one piece, naruto, bleach, tokyo ghoul, darker than black, baccano, almost anything we play on tv he will watch. when he's done watching it, he will ask if there are others to watch hehe

Jun 9, 2015 6:22 AM

maku21 said:
NERigby96 said:

my dad so far watched one piece, naruto, bleach, tokyo ghoul, darker than black, baccano, almost anything we play on tv he will watch. when he's done watching it, he will ask if there are others to watch hehe
My dad hasn't watched any long-running shows yet, but he's interested in Bleach, so once we knock off the DVDs we already have, I might look into buying it.

Mine's the same :P Once we finish one, he always wants a new one.
Bittenfeld said:
Müller said:

Jun 9, 2015 6:24 AM

NERigby96 said:
maku21 said:

My dad hasn't watched any long-running shows yet, but he's interested in Bleach, so once we knock off the DVDs we already have, I might look into buying it.

it's probably because shows on tv nowadays are not interesting lol

Jun 9, 2015 6:27 AM

maku21 said:
NERigby96 said:

Haha, maybe. We watch live-action shows too, of course, but most of them aren't recent or even airing at the moment :P
Bittenfeld said:
Müller said:

Jun 9, 2015 6:29 AM

NERigby96 said:
maku21 said:

Haha, maybe. We watch live-action shows too, of course, but most of them aren't recent or even airing at the moment :P

what's with the :p? lol
we've only watched deatnote, just that. live action shows are kinda boring lol

Jun 9, 2015 6:40 AM

Some live-action shows are boring, but so are some anime lol

I'm not up-to-date with anything, so we usually wait for DVDs to come out.

I liked the live-action Death Notes. They were kind of silly, but it worked for me haha. The third one was my favourite.
Bittenfeld said:
Müller said:

Jun 9, 2015 6:53 AM

Your current age+1

Though of course,your current age is not constant.
Will sell gamer boi bath water. More in PMs.

Jun 9, 2015 6:58 AM

NERigby96 said:
Some live-action shows are boring, but so are some anime lol

I'm not up-to-date with anything, so we usually wait for DVDs to come out.

I liked the live-action Death Notes. They were kind of silly, but it worked for me haha. The third one was my favourite.

I just don't like it when they try to copy an anime. I'm always disappointed with it.
Detroit Metal City was better, the actor is the same actor of L on deathnote.

back to what the thread is about. no matter how old are you. if you like to watch anime, then feel free to. it's your own preference not theirs. :)

Jun 9, 2015 6:59 AM
Otouto said:
When you're about to die of old age.

^

Jun 9, 2015 7:21 AM

maku21 said:
no matter how old are you. if you like to watch anime, then feel free to. it's your own preference not theirs. :)
This.
Bittenfeld said:
Müller said:

Jun 9, 2015 7:27 AM

I'll probably never stop to watch anime, because no matter how crappy and cruel the medium can be to you, it always offers its fair share of really good shows and movies, no matter how old you are.

And even in my 70s I will probably hum the Cutie Honey-theme whenever I do the laundry. It's way too fucking catchy.
[/size]

Jun 9, 2015 7:29 AM

21 years is the limit imo which means next year probably i will stop watching Chinese cartoons .

Jun 9, 2015 7:53 AM

Fun fact: A lot of anime is made by people in their 30s, 40s, and so on. Spirited Away, a movie that even my grandmother enjoyed, was directed and written by someone who was 60 years old at the time it was released.

So, by the strange logic of those saying that 20+ is too old for this form of entertainment, many of the people working in this industry shouldn't watch their own work.

Jun 9, 2015 7:56 AM

AllenVonStein said:
21 years is the limit imo which means next year probably i will stop watching Chinese cartoons .
One Piece hasn't ended, so you can't stop yet.

Jun 9, 2015 8:18 AM

If a story is good enough it will be good at any age. 'Age limit' just tells you what's the minimum age you need to be to fully comprehand the content.

There are plenty of 'for children' things that are just as good as when you're a grown up.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things

Jun 9, 2015 8:26 AM

maku21 said:

I am a dad.

Jun 9, 2015 8:27 AM

SeijiSensei said:
maku21 said:

I am a dad.

Cool + 1 :)

Jun 9, 2015 8:27 AM
Blade Runner

There is no age limit.As long as you have decent vision,and hearing,you can watch anime.
Life's too short to define it by mistakes.

Jun 9, 2015 8:29 AM

There is no age limit, but tastes will definitely change with age. Not necessarily to story-oriented 'adult' anime though.

Oct 21, 2017 7:09 PM

its your decision what you want to do in your life. if your an 80 year old man attached to his k-on! body pillows, than I'll respect you more than any old person. Do what you want.

Oct 21, 2017 7:10 PM
same opinion, but society would probably said above 25

Oct 21, 2017 7:12 PM

if it wasn't for my dad liking the adult oriented cartoons on MTV's liquid television and the anime on science fiction channel i might not have ever gotten into it. channel surfing ftw.
btw i'm 31.

back in the day, people stopped watching cartoons by the time they hit puberty, but anime and liquid television changed that.

Oct 21, 2017 7:26 PM

Is this really a thread? Like really...?

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]