Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 9, 2012 12:43 AM

There is no OLD or YOUNG in doing what you love ^~^

Sep 9, 2012 1:12 AM

The Hindu god Brahma is said to be one hundred years old. His days are 4 billion and 320 million years to humans, that means he would be about 311 trillion years old. Brahma is still not old enough to stop watching anime.

Sep 9, 2012 1:58 AM
How old? When you're dead.

Sep 9, 2012 5:52 AM
I don't see how you can be "too old" for anime considering there's also anime for mature audiences...

Just like movies, books, tv shows, etc there's not really a specific age group it targets, but admittedly there's not that much for mature anime.

Sep 9, 2012 7:01 AM
its up to the person i guess,im 30 and still watch it :)

Sep 9, 2012 7:10 AM

I think age 35 because youd have kids by then and i think youd be watching there shows but i dont know because they have anime for little kids to like my neighbor totoro
:3 KYANDI- KUN

Sep 9, 2012 7:14 AM

Karpman said:
Same as yours, thought I myself believe that in a few years my interest will fall away and not watch anything any more, thus slowly dragging myself out of this society. There is no age limit to watching anime, but there is an interest limit.

This. As i get older my interest in anime is dropping. I though it was the industry, maybe it is but im positive in 2-4 years i will lose interest.
Except for OP and Adventure time, those are shows i don't think i will never lose interest in

Sep 9, 2012 7:30 AM

KyandiKun said:
I think age 35 because youd have kids by then and i think youd be watching there shows but i dont know because they have anime for little kids to like my neighbor totoro

.-.
What...?
There is anime aimed at adults you know.

Sep 9, 2012 7:40 AM

KyandiKun said:

That would imply everybody wants kids.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Sep 9, 2012 7:42 AM

That would imply everybody wants kids.

o i guess youre right
:3 KYANDI- KUN

Sep 9, 2012 9:16 AM
thank you M♥AL

there is no age limit i guess..
im 30 and still enjoying anime <3

Sep 9, 2012 10:40 AM

never gonna lose interest and if I do I'll die.

Sep 9, 2012 11:11 AM

mitch3315 said:
Over 9000! Years old.

You are right Vegeta ;)

Sep 9, 2012 11:18 AM

KyandiKun said:

Well you already have adults(with and without children) that watch Disney and other silly movies because they want to. So logically is a person can decide what they want to watch then they can watch whatever they like at any age.

Sep 9, 2012 11:26 AM
I think that you can watch it no matter how old you are! I don't really get why things should have a age limit so you can't watch things when you are over 15 for example. You yourself are the only one who can tell when you are to old to watch something. Sounded like rage there, but that's just how I think it should be xD

Sep 9, 2012 11:29 AM

i don't think theres an age limit for it.. People are allowed to like whatever they like, nobody can stop them.. and i mean.. it's not like you can just "omg i'm too old for this now i need to stop"

Sep 9, 2012 11:36 AM

grandy_UiD said:
Anyone above 13 who still watches anime should be ashamed. It's for kids after all!

Oh right elfen lied is totally for -13 kids

Oct 7, 2012 11:30 AM

Humm... i dont see anything weird with somebody in the 20s like 28 watching anime but 40 seems old...cant imagine my grandfather watching anime lol

Oct 7, 2012 11:32 AM

how old is too old for watching a good movie or listening to music?

Oct 7, 2012 11:37 AM

No such thing. As long as it's something you enjoy watch it as long as you want.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oct 7, 2012 11:46 AM

grandy_UiD said:
Anyone above 13 who still watches anime should be ashamed. It's for kids after all!

says who? xD

Oct 7, 2012 11:49 AM

I guess for me if I watched all anime, which is unlikely.

Oct 7, 2012 11:50 AM

grandy_UiD said:

Reminded me of this lol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oct 7, 2012 12:04 PM

95 is the right age.

Oct 7, 2012 12:10 PM

People tend to consider cartoons to be kids only and when you live outside Asia it kinda makes sense. Try to think of some american cartoons aimed towards an older audience. Adult Swim stuff, South Park and...? There you go. So few cartoons (I know there are more, just can't think of any other right now) for grown ups and they are usually comedy.

Anyway, Its sad how people think cliche and predictable hollywood movies and more mature then animes like Monster just because It isn't cartoon. My 40 years old uncle watch anime, there is nothing wrong with it.

Oct 7, 2012 12:20 PM

I feel too old for anime these days, but it's not because of appearances or a fear of stereotype. No, my reason is that I've been watching it for so long that I recognise every single cliche well in advance of it being rammed down my face, and it ultimately makes 99% of anime boring as hell to watch.

You can only stand to watch the same handful of archetype characters before you just give up on the medium itself. They're so predictable they even have names like tsundere! When was the last time you watched an anime with a genuinely unique character that didn't fit an archetype? That has a character arc? They are few and far between.

What I like is when anime almost transcends the medium and doesnt pander to otaku. Stuff from Ghibli, LotGH, Production IG, Studio 4°C, etc.

The only time I can stand cliches and archetypes anymore is with comedy shows where it doesn't matter as much, like Gintama, etc. I give shonen a pass too, it's built into their DNA. But other shows attempting to be more 'serious' keep using cliches as a crutch, it's quite maddening.

I recently started watching a supposedly critical and fan favourite show called Steins;Gate, but it's so jam-packed with the same damn characters I've seen in hundreds of shows before, I mean you just get bored, right? We don't get this problem as much with films or literature, they're always full of different variations, just about unique enough to sustain your interest. But anime is about much broader strokes, it's harder to create a performance from animation made for TV, so everything ends up being too similar. But also, anime viewers want to see the same characters in their shows, just costumed and voiced differently each time. Some fans like moe, some tsundere, etc, etc.

I wrote too much. :|

edit: though thinking about my predicament more, and the responses it may get from younger people, ask yourself this: have you been watching anime for at least 10 years? If so, do you not ever get bored of seeing the same type of characters depicted over and over again? Like I said, I give them a pass in some genres, but I do yearn for more originality in the medium.

edit edit: and also: static slow-panning shot of scenery while crickets chirp in the background. SEEN IT A THOUSAND TIMES. SO BORED.
Modified by Beatnik, Oct 7, 2012 12:25 PM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Oct 7, 2012 12:42 PM

You can never be too old to watch anime ;D

Oct 7, 2012 12:44 PM

Beatnik, so you're saying movies/series aren't as predictable and repetitive as anime?

I've seen lots of the same jokes on how I met your mother, big bang theory and two and a half man, we ALWAYS have someone say "I love you" and some character not willing to say the same thing (geez, just lie) and they actually make an episode(s) out of that.

Of course, Its quite common to see characters like Charlie who likes getting drunk and have sex with random women, then he meets the "right one" and fall in love and get married... We don't have a name for that though.

American movies in general overdo lots of things, specially problems getting solved in the last second... The bomb is about to blow, you defuse it right when Its timer reaches 0. Someone is about to shoot you, some other dude manages to save you when he's pressing the trigger. Once again, we don't have a name for that, but Its still very cliche and happens VERY often. Go play Uncharted 2, they did a good job putting all of the hollywood movies cliche on that game.

Animes can get predictable and repetitive, but sadly, that goes for pretty much anything, I'd say specially for hollywood movies, I usually try to guess the ending after watching them for 30 minutes and I get it right quite often. So yeah, 99% of the animes are boring, so are 99% of movies, games, series, books, etc.
Modified by Windfall, Oct 7, 2012 1:08 PM

Oct 7, 2012 12:44 PM

I agree with what Beatnik has said. I find that now it's necessary for me to only watch anime in very small doses , with long breaks in between and even then only carefully selected titles. It's been about 2 years since I've watched any new anime. Books, film and music take up too much of my free time now, but it's always fun to try out a new show every now and then and I probably will sooner or later.

Oct 7, 2012 12:47 PM
Underworld J0ker

There is no age limit as long as you're not 40 with no wife sitting around in your moms basement watching anime all day.

Oct 7, 2012 12:49 PM

Doflamingo45 said:
There is no age limit as long as you're not 40 with no wife sitting around in your moms basement watching anime all day.

What if you have a husband and live in your Aunt's attic?

You were on the right track with no age limit but veered horribly off with the other part.

Oct 7, 2012 1:02 PM
NO AGE!

Oct 7, 2012 1:06 PM

i agree with the guy above me
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/IJGKSsi--Uw

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk

Oct 7, 2012 3:21 PM

my mom watches anime. she is 62. to me? anime is just like any other medium. You can enjoy something b/c of a great plot/characters etc. no matter what age you are.

Oct 7, 2012 3:22 PM

No such thing.

I don't think much of any opinion that suggests people of a certain age should stop watching animation.

Now, yes, there are target audiances for animation, and oftentimes it's targeted towards a young audiance.
However, I find the better animation can be enjoyed on different levels for different age groups.

Oct 7, 2012 4:06 PM
No idea, but I think, if you grow really old, you will only stick to certain genres..

Oct 7, 2012 4:07 PM

Never ... although you might outgrow certain genres. I find it more and more difficult to stomach typical shonen shows now. (I'm 21)

Oct 7, 2012 4:14 PM

I'm 20. Am I too old for shounen?

Oct 7, 2012 4:17 PM

Never, although your tastes will naturally change.
Stone Ocean adaption when?

Applesmack said:

Shounen is nothing more than a demographic, it only refers to what magazine the manga was published in.

Welcome to the NHK and Gunslinger girl are both shounens, but I really doubt its ment for young teenagers.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

is this a trick question?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

Oct 7, 2012 4:33 PM

Applesmack said:

Perhaps you're too old for Bleach and Naruto? (What I meant by typical shonen shows) -

still there are always exceptions like Gintama.

Oct 7, 2012 4:50 PM

Your never too old. Screw don't listen to whoever says there's a limit.
DELIVERY
Fal Fall Season Starts September 29th

Oct 7, 2012 6:13 PM

it deepens on what kind of Anime you like!
An Adult shouldn't watch an anime for little kids that's about learning basic stuff.
and a 10 years old kid shouldn't watch an Anime where people getting killed.
Well in a nutshell you're never too old!

Oct 7, 2012 6:26 PM

apatch3 said:
Applesmack said:

Perhaps you're too old for Bleach and Naruto? (What I meant by typical shonen shows) -

still there are always exceptions like Gintama.

He's too old for Barney and Teletubbies, those are kids show. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are aimed towards an younger audience, but I don't see nothing wrong with adults enjoying them. You also gotta keep in mind there are some Shounens that are more mature then Seinens.

Oct 7, 2012 6:32 PM

Somewhere 25? I don't even know myself when I'll stop watching anime.

Oct 7, 2012 6:38 PM

I'll go back to this thread when I stop watching anime.

Probably this site would be down before I get to reply xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oct 7, 2012 7:18 PM

Your too old for anime as soon as you leave your mothers womb.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct 7, 2012 7:25 PM

Im pretty sure you have no life if you're older than 30 watching anime, just saying.
I mean - An episode here and there is alright, but watching it as a hobby? If you're still doing that
at the age of 30, I'd be worried.

Though, no I don't think there is an age where you're too old.
I doubt seniors are going to be watching anime though.

Oct 7, 2012 7:32 PM

LittleChocoWolf said:
Im pretty sure you have no life if you're older than 30 watching anime, just saying.

That's insulting.

I had no life long before I was 30. :D

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »