Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 24, 2012 7:12 PM

No-one should watch anime.
weh

Aug 24, 2012 9:46 PM

There is no such thing as too old too watch anime, however, I think that one should watch anime that are more for their age. If you're 20 years old and you're still watching things like Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piece, Pokemon, and Beyblade, you might want to take a second look at your life.

Jerzhysan said:
I don't know why there should be an age restriction, just because you live longer doesn't mean that you should stop liking what you like..

I like this, think I'll take that home with me if you don't mind.
Modified by LittleCaesars, Aug 24, 2012 9:49 PM

Aug 24, 2012 9:50 PM

AironicallyHuman said:
arguing over what the bestest new anime

Did...you seriously just say bestest? LOLOL.

By the way, WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with everyone on the forums these days? :/
Like seriously. What the fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Everyone is being such a fucking troll, I really am sick of this site now .-.

ANYWAYS, uh once you have a family, you should pretty much stop.
Seems odd too me. Once in awhile is okay, but I doubt people who spend 24/7 on anime
will be having a family any time soon.,

Aug 24, 2012 9:57 PM
drinkbeer said:
from my personal point of view, i think there is no age limit when it comes to watching anime. its ok to watch anime at any age as long as one enjoys it.

i think most of us would share the same sentiments since we all like to watch anime. however i am just wondering what would be the society's point of view?

I agree!

Aug 24, 2012 10:21 PM
There should be no limit if its something you enjoy I say do it.

Aug 25, 2012 1:42 AM

I think above 35, you shouldn't watch it anymore..

Aug 25, 2012 2:08 AM

when your old and blind you may quit watching anime.

Aug 25, 2012 2:15 AM

"How old is too old to watch anime?"

Screw that, I will watch anime until I die. :)
Modified by cWarriorM, Aug 25, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 25, 2012 7:20 PM

DrunkenBlowfish said:
There is no such thing as too old too watch anime, however, I think that one should watch anime that are more for their age. If you're 20 years old and you're still watching things like Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piece, Pokemon, and Beyblade, you might want to take a second look at your life.

Why exactly is One Piece in that classification? Early episode Art style? You obviously don't know shit. So please, GTFO.

I actually don't watch the anime any more and just follow the manga, but no way in hell should One Piece be classified with those anime. Don't even get me started.

I don't care what age you are and what you watch (and there isn't anything wrong with a 20 yo enjoying Pokemon), I just don't get why you classified One Piece with those anime. Either you didn't watch the same show as me, make it past episode 1, or just trolling. If you're serious about that "second look" and not trolling/hating blindly, then I feel sorry for you. You must have a pretty dull perspective on life, or you're just a little youth who wants to grow up 'quick" (may not be true at all, but those are the vibes I'm getting).
Modified by Shuda-, Aug 25, 2012 7:36 PM

Aug 25, 2012 7:49 PM

DrunkenBlowfish said:

One Piece. Too deep for you. Go watch Fairy Tail.
Humans are pitiful creatures.

Aug 25, 2012 10:56 PM

Not sure how many people are just trolling on here, but anyway.

Yeah - absolutely no age limit. Why should there be? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think of anime as just a style - i.e. something that's been animated. To classify it all in one big lump doesn't really make sense.

There are a whole variety of shows that appeal to an older audience, that I think alot of children or young teens would miss out on. I know for a fact things I may have enjoyed when I was 14 or so, I definitely wouldn't like now - and vice versa. Your tastes change as you get older, and you look for different things in the shows you watch.

I'm 24 and I watch anime? It doesn't mean I've failed to 'grow up' or that I'm immature. For me it's a matter of relaxation. I work fairly long hours in an office job, so after I come home to my flat and hang out with flatmates, cook dinner etc, I like to watch some anime. There ain't nothin with that at all!

Why people are in such a hurry to enter what they perceive to be that 'adult' lifestyle is totally beyond me.Watch anime if you want, play video games, read fantasy books - do whatever makes you happy.
My friends know I watch anime, and I'm fine with that. I think it's a legitimate, creative interest so that's all there is to it.

Aug 25, 2012 11:19 PM

Started watching anime when I was a kid, and now I watch anime with my 4yo kid(hoping he'll enjoy it as much as I do)...

...unless it was prohibited by law, I don't see why anime should have an age restriction

Aug 25, 2012 11:43 PM

Scrypt said:
Started watching anime when I was a kid, and now I watch anime with my 4yo kid(hoping he'll enjoy it as much as I do)...

...unless it was prohibited by law, I don't see why anime should have an age restriction

Yep, now that I've hit 21 I'll drop Fate/Zero so I can start watching Spongebob on TV. /s

Aug 25, 2012 11:53 PM

Uberchu said:
Scrypt said:

Yep, now that I've hit 21 I'll drop Fate/Zero so I can start watching Spongebob on TV. /s

never knew spongebob was anime

Aug 25, 2012 11:57 PM

Scrypt said:
[never knew spongebob was anime

Eh, it's just a jab at people implying other forms of entertainment are more "mature" than anime. I suppose a better way to say this would be "Yep, now that I've hit 21 I'll drop Fate/Zero so I can watch Keeping up with the Kardashians."

Aug 25, 2012 11:58 PM

ahhh i see

Aug 26, 2012 3:21 AM

no age limit! if you enjoy watching it, watch it!

Aug 26, 2012 3:34 AM
-Shuda- said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

Why exactly is One Piece in that classification? Early episode Art style? You obviously don't know shit. So please, GTFO.

Aug 26, 2012 8:46 AM

Scrypt said:

Psh, screw law.
Modified by Midvalley, Aug 26, 2012 8:51 AM

Aug 26, 2012 11:08 AM
Shaduge said:
-Shuda- said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

Aug 26, 2012 1:37 PM

i would say 40+ but then again its how much you love it
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"

Aug 26, 2012 1:58 PM
There's no limit.

Aug 26, 2012 2:25 PM

Stuff before 20th century. Magic lantern are borriiing

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.

Aug 26, 2012 2:25 PM

My dad is 57 years old, and enjoy one piece...

There is no age limit ;)

Aug 26, 2012 2:35 PM

I don't think you can completely grow out of anime, but definitely for certain genres once you get older you just don't find them entertaining anymore. Like most ecchi, harem, shonen and shoujo anime and most stuff set in highschool... School settings can get extremely boring and old.

@-Shuda- idk why you feel you have to defend One Piece so vehemently... IMO there is nothing particularly amazing about it, its a shonen show designed for kids to enjoy and after you reach a certain age you just don't find it enjoyable, its as simple as that.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Aug 26, 2012 3:06 PM

No age limit.

I'll enjoy anime until there is NO anime to enjoy. Which will be never.

It's like saying people should stop watching Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, 24 etc because they're too old.

Aug 26, 2012 3:17 PM

LittleChocoWolf said:
AironicallyHuman said:
arguing over what the bestest new anime

Did...you seriously just say bestest? LOLOL.
He said that 13yo's are arguing about that. That's the joke, I guess.

Also, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bestest
weh

Aug 26, 2012 3:26 PM

Pfffft no age limit. Everyone can watch anime.
However I find it weird when adults are seriously obsessed with anime. That's creepy (in my option that is. No offense.)

Aug 26, 2012 5:17 PM
Seriously, did any of you always care about any age limit stated by laws or something? No? Well, then why the hell give yourself an age limit for watching anime?

Don't know how I'll feel about it in like 50 years though. Hope there'll be still something of my taste then :)

Edit:

I'm really looking forward to five more pages of the same opinion.

Well, five? It's seven by now.
Modified by elytSmangnaG, Aug 26, 2012 5:28 PM

Aug 26, 2012 6:09 PM

D3VILPANDA said:
However I find it weird when adults are seriously obsessed with anime. That's creepy (in my option that is. No offense.)

I have a friend in their early 50's who is obsessed with anime to the point that he owns 2 anime import stores and still frequents comic conventions in the states as well as japan. He's got a family who loves him and if you met him, you'd think him as your average joe over a couple of drinks. He just happens to like animation like a stamp collector likes stamps.

I prefer him over people out there who don't have hobbies(let alone a life), but look down on other people because society thinks of them as stereotypically weird.(not saying that's you)

Aug 26, 2012 10:30 PM
Scrypt said:
D3VILPANDA said:

I have a friend in their early 50's who is obsessed with anime to the point that he owns 2 anime import stores and still frequents comic conventions in the states as well as japan. He's got a family who loves him and if you met him, you'd think him as your average joe over a couple of drinks. He just happens to like animation like a stamp collector likes stamps.

I prefer him over people out there who don't have hobbies(let alone a life), but look down on other people because society thinks of them as stereotypically weird.(not saying that's you)

That's great for your friend, but he's actually working with anime and probably makes a living off of it too. So kudos to your friend. But this is how it works (With the transition for adult-hood for most folk) You go to school.. find a career.: *Note this is a breakdown of an average adult male's hours of free time* will be detailed and long, read if you want.

So I mean, there's different situations for everyone. Personal experience: My brother watched 12 hours of anime everyday during his summer break.
Then he went to university and he went out with friends more often and he watched 8 hours a day on average.
Then he graduated and works as an engineer.. he spends 2 hours a day on anime on average.
He actually told me to find him a good anime because he's too busy working/responsibilites to be able to find an anime. So I think after a few years he'll completely stop watching anime. So I guess the point in time you stop watching anime is when you get a job and have to live on your own (Unless you work in the anime buisness).

Aug 26, 2012 10:52 PM
Never too old to watch anime. My father still watches some anime and he is around 50. Its just whether you can spare the time for it.

Sep 8, 2012 8:28 AM

Suppose as long as you are enjoying it then there is no reason to why you should stop! Anime does not have an age audience like Cartoons if you get what I mean, so no need to stop after a certain age.

Sep 8, 2012 9:10 PM
Scrypt said:
D3VILPANDA said:

if he can make money off his hobby then i think its a very good thing. its a win win situation for him

Sep 8, 2012 9:44 PM
I think you should stop watching anime once your dead...yea that seems like around the age to stop! lol

Sep 8, 2012 9:46 PM
different animes cater to people of different ages, so everyone can watch anime.

Sep 8, 2012 9:53 PM

You're never too old to do anything you like.

Sep 8, 2012 9:59 PM

when's too old? when I am too old to figure out how to work the damn computers of the future.

Sep 8, 2012 10:03 PM

When you're dead?

Sep 8, 2012 10:05 PM

I am going to be watching shounen and ecchi anime when I am 93.

You Never Lose Your Shounen Heart

Sep 8, 2012 10:14 PM

tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod

Sep 8, 2012 10:18 PM

nah.... age doesn't really matter..

Sep 8, 2012 10:19 PM

IntroverTurtle said:

You Never Lose Your Shounen Heart

lol'd

Defend Shounen.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh - Makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Sep 8, 2012 10:19 PM
fuck you, NO AGE!

Sep 8, 2012 10:22 PM

I don't think you are ever too old to watch anime. I will probably never stop watching unless I die, the internet dies or all the anime in the world disappears all at once. I will start yelling "PUT ON MY *weez* *hack* ONE PIECE BITCHES *cough*" at the nurses who'll work at my future retirement home.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!

Sep 8, 2012 10:29 PM

When I get so senile that I can't figure out what is what.

Sep 8, 2012 10:29 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
You might be blind before you reach that old. With all the, ya know, anime you're watching. Both metaphorically and literally.

Sep 8, 2012 10:50 PM

Tachii said:
IntroverTurtle said:
You might be blind before you reach that old. With all the, ya know, anime you're watching. Both metaphorically and literally.

By that time, they will have mechanical eye balls, and anybody who believes in friendship, hard work, and victory will never stop watching anime, even if I have to sit 3 inches from the tv, or just listen to it with my good ear.

Sep 8, 2012 11:49 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Tachii said:
IntroverTurtle said:

By that time, they will have mechanical eye balls, and anybody who believes in friendship, hard work, and victory will never stop watching anime, even if I have to sit 3 inches from the tv, or just listen to it with my good ear.

Implying anime has anything to do with friendship, hardwork, and victory
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod

Sep 9, 2012 12:11 AM

icamehere said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tachii said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Implying anime has anything to do with friendship, hardwork, and victory

A lot of shounen anime do. And that's one of the anime types that I specified in my first post.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »