Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 20, 2012 8:18 AM
SquadmemberRitsu said:

I think you've got the wrong idea. I think Bleach is awful too. Naruto just happens to be worse in just about every regard. Plus I would prefer having a chapter equalling 2 minutes in an anime than 30. Chapter are meant to be brief so dragging them out for 30 minutes is just plain dumb. I'll answer your questions now.

1. Naruto and Bleach
2. Bleach, but that's a good thing
3. Bleach
4. Naruto and Bleach

You're the people I hate the most out of all anime fans. Those group of Narutards that insult Bleach despite the fact that their show is practically the same thing as Bleach. Except Naruto is worse

I don't even know where to start with you. First, I am not a big fan of naruto, I just hate dumb haters like you. Naruto worse than bleach? suuuuuuure and your responses are just what I expected from the likes of you.
1/ Kishimoto knows how to end it, he already had everything prepared. This is what I like about naruto and one piece, they are thoroughly planned. Every average mangaka starts his manga while AT LEAST knowing how to end it but our kubo doesn't even know what's going on anymore, he even took 3 weeks to prepare the final arc. Who knows, maybe he had one planned but changed it because he wanted more money, I mean it's kubo we are talking about.
2/ You are the only one who thinks like that, really where will you find someone that wants to read 20 pages worth 2min in an episode? Why do you think the anime was cancelled? If this guy was actually putting as much content in his chapters as an average mangaka, this would have never happened. How do you feel buying a volume with 9 chapters but no progress at all? How do you feel buying JUMP just to spend less than one min reading the manga you want? This is what they call milking money, especially when in JUMP you get paid by page, so you want to tell me, this guy who's taking 1hour to make a chapter is like kishimoto or oda? I just had to check your manga list, sorry but someone that has less than 10 mangas and on top of that didn't even finish one shouldn't be talking about how chapters should be like. This is too ridiculous.
4/ Yep, for each plothole in naruto and one piece there is 100 in bleach. Funny thing is, considering how slow the development is, you would expect bleach to have the least plotholes and be better planned but it's the opposite.
When I see clueless haters like you, I just want to fly to your country, knock on your door and facepalm

Aug 20, 2012 9:23 AM

They are great and f*ck the people complaining about them,yeah sure they don't have that much depth but if I want to watch something with more depth I watch Monster or Aoi Bungaku or other sh*t.They are the ''big 3'' for a reason,and most of the idiots that complain about them still keep up with the anime or manga,otherwise they wouldn't still have succes.And yes one piece is the best out of the 3 but I would lie if I said Bleach and Naruto didn't had moments I enjoyed

Aug 20, 2012 9:33 AM

I started with Naruto and thought it was the best shit in the world. Then I began watching One Piece, oh God I was wrong about Naruto. One piece is the best ever (except Alabasta).

I know why One piece is the best. And I guess Naruto is the majorities introduction to anime so it's an over-glorification of the series I guess. I don't know if I'm stereotyping, but it seems like many of the american viewers are naruto fans and calls themselves otaku, especially at anime cons.

Bleach is great till Soul Society, after that it's shit. Good it's over. And Inoue can burn in hell
Modified by sagdashin, Aug 20, 2012 9:36 AM

Aug 20, 2012 9:36 AM

One Piece is good. Really good. Naruto and Bleach are not. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 20, 2012 9:49 AM

professor-salt said:
Nothing.
They blow ass

Really, then why are they called the BIG THREE
I don't know why they are great but a lot of people like at least one of them including me so there must be something about them.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 20, 2012 9:58 AM

Idk.
Not so interested in Bleach anymore
Naruto's well.. fine, I guess.
But One Piece's definitely the best manga I've ever read.
v
v
v
LayedBack said:
One Piece is good. Really good. Naruto and Bleach are not. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Aug 20, 2012 10:04 AM
Fallenkingzero said:
professor-salt said:
Nothing.
They blow ass

Because they are the most popular and well-known titles. Are they the best? Haha of course not.

Popularity =/= Quality.
Modified by 002173, Aug 20, 2012 10:08 AM

Aug 20, 2012 10:08 AM

The manga of the three aren't too bad.
One Piece is superb, with great pacing, story and whatnot. It got tons of thought into it.
Naruto lost its way after a while during "Part 2" and now it's power-up after power-up, but it's still enjoyable due to the story actually being a story.
Bleach? Eh, it never even focused on what made it good in the first place and now it reeks.

As for the anime adaptations... they're all pretty bad. The pacing becomes extremely slow, the budget is lower than your average series since they are so long and the directing isn't anything special. This actually hurts the enjoyment a lot on my part. For this reason, Hunter x Hunter is the best current airing "shounen" anime. It gets everything right.

But why are the big three so popular? Good question. Luck.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 20, 2012 10:09 AM

MaedhrostheTall said:
Fallenkingzero said:
professor-salt said:
Nothing.
They blow ass

Because they are the most popular and well-known titles.

Are they the best? Haha of course not.

Popularity =/= Quality.

There is no definite best it is all subjective to each person, so we would be safe in assuming the thing that should be called the best anime is the one which has the most people who think it is the best? I see that as a way to determine what is the overall best, but what each person calls the best is totally different, One of my favorites is Lain i found it extremely good but it can never be considered the overall best as its only really interesting to a very specific set of people.

Popularity is what gives things the right to be called the best.

One piece is also a favourite of mine as well as a lot of other people and also tops sales, therefore i say it can be called one of the best anime/manga overall.
Modified by jimbob1141, Aug 20, 2012 10:21 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Aug 20, 2012 10:49 AM

Pjupp said:
Ragix said:
The Big 3 are like the gateways to anime for a lot of newcomers. Generally a lot of people who begin to watch anime first start watching Bleach, One Piece or Naruto since they were more put out there and commercialized then other anime series and were easy to get into because shounen is a easy genre for anyone to get into really.

In reality they are all decent but since for a lot of people that's what they started watching they will generally stick with it all the way to the end making the fanbase large since they are long-running and pretty popular whether it be good or bad.

My take on it anyway.

People should keep away from Naruto like the plague.

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

^Reason why Naruto is bad.

One Piece is great for a shounen (tho Manga > Anime, no doubt.) mostly cause of not overusing important deaths, interesting powers, story is not particularly linear (asides from island to island) and the humor is great.

Bleach I do not have an opinion on.

I don't think the OP is looking for your self opinionated negative views on the series especially when favor one piece over naruto. Everyone is going to have their own individual reasons why they like it or not, but that is not what the OP is wanting to hear.

Besides people that have that "fans that love the big 3 are not considered by standards true anime fans" attitude is what i hate and can't stand. I see this all the time and it just infuriates me. Thier are tons of users out their that love the big 3 and also watch quite alot of other series as well. I have seen quite a variety of different anime series my self and i still love naruto and one piece to this day. For me both of these shows hold true value to me because they are the series that i kind of grew up on every since they were serialized in shonen jump along with hunter X hunter and they are mostly what got me started into the anime medium, watching subbed anime series, naruto was my very first subbed anime. Before that i only watched stuff on toonami back in the early 90's.

So the "Big 3" is singly handily responsive for jump starting my career into the anime world and i think that goes with alot of people as well.

Aug 20, 2012 11:01 AM

I think they are so popular becouse of their simply neverending plot, lot of action, fighting etc. but for me it's nothing special, they are like some big hollywood action movie with special effects

Aug 20, 2012 11:43 AM

One Piece :)
Honestly I've been getting sick of Bleach until I stopped watching it. Only today I realized that it was finished :O Good thing too, shitty anime can't live forever.
And Naruto... eh, I really enjoyed Naruto a lot back in its glory days when the episodes were actually exciting. After Sasuke left, IMHO the quality of the show dropped. Not saying I liked Sasuke at all (always wanted that emo boy to die). Its just that the show seems to drag out boring arcs and pointless battles instead of getting quick to the epic ones.

I will always love Gintama the most. Its part of the big 3 1/2

Aug 20, 2012 11:47 AM

One Piece is one of my favourite anime, and Naruto was actually decent until the time skip. Haven't watched Bleach, but I intend on watching it up until the Soul Society arc later at some point in the future. I'd say the people who rip on The Big 3 are more annoying than the fans themselves.

Aug 20, 2012 11:49 AM

"What makes Big 3 so great"

"I like Naruto"
"I like one piece"

We're all a bunch of derps :/

Aug 20, 2012 12:05 PM

Shaduge said:

When I see clueless haters like you, I just want to fly to your country, knock on your door and facepalm
Your post makes me wonder who's the clueless hater here.

jimbob1141 said:
Candor said:
Let me correct the term, it should be "Weekly Shonen Jump's Big Three" but people calls them the big 3 because it's shorter. As for the reasons, they sell a lot, OP sells more than 2,000,000 copies with each new volume. Naruto sell around 1,000,000 copies with each new volume. Bleach sell more than 600,000 copies with each new volume, which is still considered one of the 3 manga that sell the most in WSJ, its big 3 in other words.

You said as for the reasons, but didnt state any reasons? xD
I talked about the term itself, I guess I misunderstood a bit. Anyway I'll talk about them here again: (btw I'll talk about the series without talking about the fillers)

One Piece

It's definitely the best between the 3, I think you know enough so I don't think I'm gonna talk about it a lot.

OP is the deepest between the 3, while reading it I felt Oda is trying to deliver something to his readers. Oda is really a creative person, his creativity in creating characters, islands, also plot is really amazing.

Of course, what I'm talking about is the manga, Oda's work in other words. Toei are doing a really bad job with One Piece at the moment, it deserves a better adaptation, that's just my opinion, but I'm sure there are some out there who're thinking the same way.

The problem it has was the arcs between Nami's arc and Water 7, that's where I had a big problem, but I searched a bit and understood the reason for it. < Oda wasn't thinking far ahead, he was planning to make OP last only 5 years, when he saw it was popular he continued, that was around Skypiea and Water 7. Anyway OP now is one of the best series out there, but I hope Oda can keep this up.

Bleach

It was one of the first anime I watched so it's a bit special, but I'll try talking objectively. I'll be talking about it as 4 arcs (the same as sagas in OP).

Bleach has a great potential of being a great series, its first arc (first 63 eps) was definitely its best arc, but after that things started to drag a lot. Its next long arc (eps. 110-310, they had some filler arcs between them) dragged a lot and Kubo was obviously milking money from it, but during that arc he threw some plot-points that are important for the last arc. The 3rd short arc (the timeskip arc, eps 343-366) was an interesting ride, people were expecting a lot from it but it didn't answer any questions, so the hate got deeper, but it threw again some important plot-points for the last arc. Its last arc that started a couple of months ago should answer all the questions that have been thrown in the 2 arcs before it (according to an omake made by Kubo), things are looking good right now but let's hope Kubo won't drag or ruin the great potential it has.

The main reasons Bleach survived this long was because of its action and its characters. Its action is the best between the big 3 (it concentrates a lot on action) and the characters (and their designs) are great.

One of the main problems in Bleach was Kubo's story-telling during the last 2 arcs, which led to some plot-holes, some are probably gonna be explained in the current arc, some won't. He can still deliver some great fights though.

Naruto

I dunno what to talk about his one, it got some interesting stuff but I'm gonna stop at that, I'm not that much into it, maybe someone else explained it better.
Modified by Candor, Aug 20, 2012 12:50 PM

Aug 20, 2012 12:31 PM

You're right in that opinions are subjective.

Ugh I overthought my response. This topic has too many prodding writhing tentacles to approach safely in it's entirety, so I'll come at it like this:

There are two kinds of people who make TV anime: People who create anime to make money, capitalize on the consumer trends (see "moeblob"), and to fill up the time their company bought on the air. And then there are people who are artists. These people create anime to make art, and to make a statement. They are goal driven, and rarely ever pander to audiences. Works produced by the first group can be just as good looking/well animated as the works of the second group, if not more so, which is usually the case. Works by the first group get advertised more because the works they create are being promoted by companies. This draws people in. The good animation/art is also good for this. This is why there are "very popular" works.

the works of the second group aren't usually advertised as much because they aren't as easily digestible as the works by the first group that are well... designed for that. Also sometimes the works of the second group are in direct opposition to the companies that would advertise them, so... they don't. Isao Takahata (the dude more or less responsible for anime being as advanced as it is today) for example made "Horus: Prince of the Sun" which is basically a huge fuck you to the studio he worked for. It was in theatres for literally 10 days before it was yanked out, and Takahata was fired. It wasn't a bad movie, no it was a breakthrough and critics loved it, but it was crushed by the advertisers.

wow tl;dr consumer economics bluh.

artists change things, people who make uninspired shit don't. smart people like artists works, or start to once they realize the uninspired shit they're digesting sucks dick. most people are fine with the uninspired shit, which is sad.

Aug 20, 2012 12:46 PM

The same reason why billions like to eat at McDonalds.

Aug 20, 2012 12:58 PM

AzureBlues said:
The same reason why billions like to eat at McDonalds.

Wanna state the reason?

Aug 20, 2012 1:02 PM

^ They be fat

Aug 20, 2012 1:04 PM

My favorite anime of all time is Berserk.

and I love Naruto. So what gives? Do i love a lot of the headache that comes with it? No. In fact someone please erase Sasuke. But ...

Do I love all the totally CRAPTASTIC animes that people here get giddy over? please!

i don't lavish hate on others b/c of their faves. and i certainly don't go around calling people faggots. thats whack.

Aug 20, 2012 1:36 PM

Mikasa said:
^ They be fat

Well that made my hour xD

Aug 20, 2012 1:48 PM

They attract the largest amount of people. They're pretty boring to me.

Aug 20, 2012 2:22 PM

They're popular (and enjoyable to some extent) but not great by any means of quality.

As someone already said. Popularity is not equal to Quality. I think what makes them special is the enjoyment. Many peoples still read/watch because they enjoy it.

Talk about One Piece. Most people said in this thread, "It's Great". I agree yet disagree. Yes. It's great by term of enjoyment. It's not like i wasted my time on 500+ eps and 650+ chapters. BUT It's not really special story like how fans describe or compare mostly. Just like other shounens. it's about friendship, protecting, destiny, power-up and simple story with same formula, one island to other island, action, adventure. That's it. yes, there is a deep plot but we learned very little about it and i don't think it will develop much until last arc.

Naruto is enjoyable as well. People who just read/watch with hate goggles on their head just love to complain, no matter what author do but Naruto is still doing very well in terms of story, plot, sales and most of all author knows what he's doing.

Bleach on the other side gone down hill. Most people say it's after SS arc, but i think it was still good until Fake Karakura town and when that started it's just train wreck. Kubo had no idea what he's doing and the big example is Fullbringer arc, BUT still not boring, at-least for me (except sometimes but that happens in other series as well). If ever i get bored and think there is no hope, i will drop it there.

Aug 20, 2012 2:52 PM

daintybiscuit said:
My favorite anime of all time is Berserk.

and I love Naruto. So what gives? Do i love a lot of the headache that comes with it? No. In fact someone please erase Sasuke. But ...

Do I love all the totally CRAPTASTIC animes that people here get giddy over? please!

i don't lavish hate on others b/c of their faves. and i certainly don't go around calling people faggots. thats whack.

That is why i respect people like you. Certainly their is many different series that i may love that others hate, or visa versa, but i never insult someone for not liking the same thing i do. I also am not easily swayed by others opinions, i have an open mind, i listen to people, i don't ignore them. So if some one recs me a series, i will give it thought. But based paople's negativity towards one show is not going change the way i view it. But unfortantly alot of fans fall into this problem.

I am always my own judge when it comes to watching anime. That is why alot of these reviews on here some times you just can't take seriously because some of them mention they don't like it because of others opinions or the series does not get as much praise as it should, so their for they drop it. That is just not the way to be, it takes away the over all enjoyment of watching anime in my opinion.

Aug 20, 2012 3:29 PM

Shaduge said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

I think you've got the wrong idea. I think Bleach is awful too. Naruto just happens to be worse in just about every regard. Plus I would prefer having a chapter equalling 2 minutes in an anime than 30. Chapter are meant to be brief so dragging them out for 30 minutes is just plain dumb. I'll answer your questions now.

1. Naruto and Bleach
2. Bleach, but that's a good thing
3. Bleach
4. Naruto and Bleach

You're the people I hate the most out of all anime fans. Those group of Narutards that insult Bleach despite the fact that their show is practically the same thing as Bleach. Except Naruto is worse

I don't even know where to start with you. First, I am not a big fan of naruto, I just hate dumb haters like you. Naruto worse than bleach? suuuuuuure and your responses are just what I expected from the likes of you.
1/ Kishimoto knows how to end it, he already had everything prepared. This is what I like about naruto and one piece, they are thoroughly planned. Every average mangaka starts his manga while AT LEAST knowing how to end it but our kubo doesn't even know what's going on anymore, he even took 3 weeks to prepare the final arc. Who knows, maybe he had one planned but changed it because he wanted more money, I mean it's kubo we are talking about.
2/ You are the only one who thinks like that, really where will you find someone that wants to read 20 pages worth 2min in an episode? Why do you think the anime was cancelled? If this guy was actually putting as much content in his chapters as an average mangaka, this would have never happened. How do you feel buying a volume with 9 chapters but no progress at all? How do you feel buying JUMP just to spend less than one min reading the manga you want? This is what they call milking money, especially when in JUMP you get paid by page, so you want to tell me, this guy who's taking 1hour to make a chapter is like kishimoto or oda? I just had to check your manga list, sorry but someone that has less than 10 mangas and on top of that didn't even finish one shouldn't be talking about how chapters should be like. This is too ridiculous.
4/ Yep, for each plothole in naruto and one piece there is 100 in bleach. Funny thing is, considering how slow the development is, you would expect bleach to have the least plotholes and be better planned but it's the opposite.

Maybe you should take notice of my small manga list. I don't care about this argument one bit. But you still made this long response? Get a life. Don't talk about facepalming when you say things that make others want to facepalm. It's like dividing by zero. A paradox of failure if you will

Aug 20, 2012 3:33 PM

ramboro said:
I think they are so popular becouse of their simply neverending plot, lot of action, fighting etc. but for me it's nothing special, they are like some big hollywood action movie with special effects

Except the animation looks like shit even compared to small scale works

Aug 20, 2012 3:48 PM

One Piece: it being a great shonen and the spiritual sucessor to db.
Naruto: saucegay fangirls and retard fans keep it alive.
Bleach: trolling?

Aug 20, 2012 3:53 PM
StopDropAndBowl said:
Pjupp said:

People should keep away from Naruto like the plague.

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto worldliest fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

^Reason why Naruto is bad.

One Piece is great for a shounen (tho Manga > Anime, no doubt.) mostly cause of not overusing important deaths, interesting powers, story is not particularly linear (asides from island to island) and the humor is great.

Bleach I do not have an opinion on.

Somehow, I knew that Phantom would be one of your favorite animes... talk about bad shows...
On topic:

Simple + Decent + Action = Success

>says the guy with that shitty show FLCL in his favorites

Aug 20, 2012 3:59 PM

skapandi said:
One Piece: retard fans keep it alive. + boobs
Naruto: saucegay fangirls and retard fans keep it alive. + trolling
Bleach: trolling + boobs

jimbob1141 said:
Mikasa said:
^ They be fat

Well that made my hour xD

:P

Aug 20, 2012 4:53 PM

mitch3315 said:
They're aren't great though.

^

Aug 20, 2012 6:37 PM

Mikasa said:
skapandi said:

You lost any right to call people retarded when you called Haki a random power up in the episode discussion boards.

Aug 20, 2012 6:44 PM

Demon_King_Jpem said:
Mikasa said:
skapandi said:

You lost any right to call people retarded when you called Haki a random power up in the episode discussion boards.

This,plus:
Retard fans keep it alive?So most of Japan is retard?
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.

Aug 20, 2012 7:54 PM

IIT: Grown men/women dissing on anime meant for young kids.

Everyone here would go ape shit imitating everything these characters do with his/her friends if you were in their shoes.

Good times.

Aug 20, 2012 7:58 PM

I think this is what some people thinks...

One Piece = Cool powers! Good comedy!

Bleach = Swords! Cool looking swords!

Naruto = Ninjas! Ninjas everywhere!

I dunno though...

Aug 20, 2012 8:00 PM
Hawk of Endymion

HauntingShock said:

Great analysis!
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?

Aug 20, 2012 8:20 PM

i like the fact that they are or almost are decade long shows, but thats not the only reason why they are a great show. Im not gonna say these are the 3 best anime shows ever made, however they are the 3 most popular/ known shows in more recent history. I grew up watching Naruto and I will agree that they are gateway shows that spark intrest into people to start watching more and different Anime shows, but not always the case.
Modified by FPSxSubZ3RO, Aug 20, 2012 8:25 PM

Aug 20, 2012 10:15 PM

Deziah said:
StopDropAndBowl said:
Pjupp said:

Somehow, I knew that Phantom would be one of your favorite animes... talk about bad shows...
On topic:

Simple + Decent + Action = Success

>says the guy with that shitty show FLCL in his favorites

Yeah, well, I like pancakes and a buddy calls 'em shitcakes. Can't please everyone can you?

Anyway, the point I was semi-trying to make was that a lot of the same problems people have with an anime like Naruto are often even more prevalent in higher-rated, and much shorter, shows. I haven't seen Bleach or One Piece, but thus far, Naruto has been consistent with itself... which is more than I can say for a lot of crap I've seen. Simple plus Consistent plus Entertaining equals Success.

I just thought it was ironic that most of the quotes in that post could have easily been applied to one of his favorite anime. Granted, a lot of this is opinion, and borderline off-topic, but I've bolded the parts where his complaints could be lifted right out of my mouth about the aforementioned series.
Let's go bowling.

Aug 20, 2012 10:18 PM

FPSxSubZ3RO said:
i like the fact that they are or almost are decade long shows, but thats not the only reason why they are a great show. Im not gonna say these are the 3 best anime shows ever made, however they are the 3 most popular/ known shows in more recent history. I grew up watching Naruto and I will agree that they are gateway shows that spark intrest into people to start watching more and different Anime shows, but not always the case.

It depends on how long you have been a fan of the medium. Some people have just started watching anime a year ago, or 2 years ago, or even 4 years ago. But most of those people would never understand what its like to grow up watching a series that they have been faithfully following for the past 15 years and it was their gateway into anime.

Its a whole different experience, when you look back at it, being in your mid 20's.
Modified by link9us, Aug 20, 2012 10:21 PM

Aug 20, 2012 11:06 PM

All three have a huge amount of characters which contributes to all three's popularity. They all are good and have great plots. They were also big on cartoon network when I was younger and even my friend's today who have grown outta Anime are still interested in them because that's what they grew up with. If you don't like them don't watch them and for the people that complain about the big three they should just stop because if all three were cancelled the Anime market would lose a lot of fans.
Modified by Izayaorihara1, Aug 20, 2012 11:15 PM

Aug 21, 2012 5:23 AM

I hate all of them so

Aug 21, 2012 5:26 AM
otaking
HauntingShock said:

I dunno though...

naruto = not ninjas
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Aug 21, 2012 5:34 AM

Shirtisred said:
I hate all of them so

So ignore them and stop posting random sh*t

Aug 21, 2012 6:29 AM

Demon_King_Jpem said:
Mikasa said:
skapandi said:

Why it is a random power up, it's "the power to pull stuff out of your ass"....literally. One of the most idiotic powers in anime.. this is 2012 dammit.

@Jeddy ....not a country specifically, but you and the other guy getting butthurt is proof of it :)

Aug 21, 2012 6:31 AM
Mikasa said:
Demon_King_Jpem said:
Mikasa said:
skapandi said:

Why it is a random power up, it's "the power to pull stuff out of your ass"....literally. One of the most idiotic powers in anime.. this is 2012 dammit.

@Jeddy ....not a country specifically, but you and the other guy getting butthurt is proof of it :)

How was Haki any more pulled out of nowhere than any other power?
Worships Asparagus.

Aug 21, 2012 6:37 AM

miereneronaile said:

How was Haki any more pulled out of nowhere than any other power?

Well let's see. CoC: "grants the user the ability to dominate the wills of others" What? This is every typical shonen hero's innate ability, he actually made it a real power? So from now on he will not win by the retard power of will/nakama power-up stuff, he will not win by the retard power of will/nakama power-up stuff...haki style.

:GENIUS:

Armor haki, typical, too simple.
Observation, not really an ass-pull but nothing new.

Aug 21, 2012 6:40 AM
The fact that it is not all that new is why I was wondering why you thought it was pulled from nowhere. Its not like willpower increasing their power is an unusual idea, one piece just bothered to give it a name..
Worships Asparagus.

Aug 21, 2012 6:42 AM

Nah, one piece's is the worst, even naruto has a better system, quite messy but still somethings make sense.

The fact that everything is greatly overused in OP makes it worse

Aug 21, 2012 6:47 AM

Naruto - Good strategies.

Bleach - Cool fights.

One Piece - Awesome plot.

Mikasa said:
Nah, one piece's is the worst, even naruto has a better system, quite messy but still somethings make sense.

ok we are glad to hear your opinion

Aug 21, 2012 6:48 AM

aiNkyy said:
Naruto - Good strategies.

Bleach - Cool fights.

One Piece - Awesome plot.

Mikasa said:

ok we are glad to hear your opinion

I'm glad if you're glad

Aug 21, 2012 6:50 AM

To be blunt, compared to other series, the big three aren't that good. But for most fans, it's their first series and it introduces them to the anime world. It's really all in the eye of the beholder. I actually like Bleach and Naruto, but One Piece I'm not crazy about. The thing about the big three is the fact that they capitalize on cliches. (Insane powerups, never give up main characters, etc), and cliches are proven recipes for a successful series, which will attract fans, regardless of how good they actually are.

Now, in their defense, the big three do have a large amount of character development and some nice fights. Like I said before, they serve as a gateway into the anime world and most fans will follow them until the end.
Modified by baseball3b, Aug 21, 2012 11:09 AM

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »