Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 21, 2012 6:41 PM

One of the biggest appeal for One Piece was unrestrained imagination in Oda's vibrate and colourful world, this is particularly more endearing to fans as One Piece is an adventure series. It excel in not taking itself seriously, slapstick jokes and outrageous scenario are thrown around frequently. even in life and death situations. The aspect of humour has always been subjectivity, everyone has their own preferences.

While I understand the whole popularity is not a reliable indicator of quality, the initial reason the big 3 has received their respective adaptions was because of the success of their manga. Comparatively, there's almost non-existent fillers and had better pacing overall. I won't go as far as to blatantly dismiss a series just because it happens to be a hit with newcomers, there are always people who love it for what it is.

Aug 21, 2012 7:16 PM
aiNkyy said:
Zanzie said:
Over rated animes. It's because many people watch them without being real anime fans.

Please tell me how to become a real anime fan? Please !!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough* I said many.
Did not say all.
I'm talking more of those people who just watch Naruto on TV (when it still was on TV here) and things like that. Then they stop at Naruto/Bleach/One Piece.. they don't watch any other anime and consider the rest to be dumb/childish..

Aug 21, 2012 7:49 PM

They seem great, when you first get into anime. I went through the same phase.

As you see more anime, you really realize that the big three are just 7/10's at best. Though TBH, they all fell at some point, so I just dropped them.

Aug 23, 2012 8:49 PM

Zanzie said:
aiNkyy said:
Zanzie said:
Over rated animes. It's because many people watch them without being real anime fans.

Please tell me how to become a real anime fan? Please !!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough* I said many.
Did not say all.
I'm talking more of those people who just watch Naruto on TV (when it still was on TV here) and things like that. Then they stop at Naruto/Bleach/One Piece.. they don't watch any other anime and consider the rest to be dumb/childish..

Naruto is one of my favorite shows and look how much anime ive seen. You can't always say everyone that loves the big 3 aren't considered true fans of the anime medium, that is just redicilous.

Aug 23, 2012 9:01 PM

They are easy to market and promote and they get shown on T.V the most, thus they are the most popular, because they are the ones that people will generally know about. Realistically they are pretty terrible, but remember those anime are aimed at little kids/wide audience range, so they can't be that complex or have radical character changes. Hopefully when kids grow up though, they will start to expand their tastes more and start watching anime that are actually good. Out of the big 3 though, I liked Bleach the best only because of art... the story and characters in all of them are pretty terrible so that is the only thing that kind of stood out to me.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Aug 23, 2012 10:11 PM

Nothing, they're just well known.
they're not anywhere near "great"

Aug 24, 2012 1:40 AM

The "big 3", as you call them, are only big in the sense that they never end.

I could watch approximately 30 anime with 12 episodes each in the time it would take me to finish Bleach.

I'm never going to devote weeks of my life to watching shows that don't know when enough is enough.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.

Aug 24, 2012 2:21 AM

Laraso said:

If you really think like that then I guess you never heard of Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan and some other series which are running even longer than these 3 yet never considered as big 3. It's simple "they're popular". That's why they call them big 3, not because they never end.

Aug 24, 2012 3:09 AM

Laraso said:

I could watch approximately 30 anime with 12 episodes each in the time it would take me to finish Bleach.

I'm never going to devote weeks of my life to watching shows that don't know when enough is enough.

Not only by the number of episodes, you can also look at the sales of the mangas too.

Aug 24, 2012 9:04 AM

Laraso said:

What i like to do is watch them casually, like 1 or 2 episodes a day, and then watch other series along with it.

Aug 24, 2012 10:08 AM

I seriously don't understand what's wrong with those of you trying to discourage fans of the shows by saying crap like "If you watch that you're not a real anime fan." Have you guys not heard of opinions?

Naruto, One Piece and Bleach are called the big three because they're extremley popular and sell all sorts of merchandise. Really, go on ebay and search one of their names and see the thousands of items that come up. Do that for most other animes and they'll be in the hundreds.

Before someone decides to call me a fanboy or something stupid, I've dropped Bleach and like FMA more than One Piece or Naruto. Besides I had seen about 20 diffrent anime before watching Naruto which was my first to watch out of the big 3.

Aug 24, 2012 7:47 PM

One Piece is the only consistently good series out of the three.

Naruto is okay, slightly mediocre now.

Bleach....I'm not even going to start.

Burn2sai said:

2.) One Piece--> kind of ripped off Naruto with the training for a few years though they did implement it pretty well into the anime, and though it took a while a main character death

What?
Do you know how many anime/manga (before Naruto and DBZ even) utilized the whole "train for a few years" trope.?
To think it's a ripoff is absolutely ridiculous.

Aug 24, 2012 11:30 PM

They're not great, just popular. If something is popular people who haven't seen it will think it's amazing regardless of how "diehard" they are of anime. I stopped keeping track of Naruto and Bleach since they just got so boring and I felt the authors were just adding shit to make them longer. I can't vouch for OP since I haven't seen/read it, but it does look pretty interesting.
(´・ω・`) (゜Д゜) (•̪┌┐•̪) ♥

Aug 25, 2012 12:33 AM

They're not really "great" per say although that kinda thing is subjective anyways. These series are put in the spotlight a lot because they are EXTREMELY popular(they were also on TV) and addicting to both newcomers & casual anime fans. I dont think either of them are "bad" really they're just battle shonen manga they serve they're purpose and tbh I've seen a lot worse. I think people tend to overreact when it comes to the "Big 3" anyways although the Big 3 fandom is known for being vicious when it comes to protecting their series even-though most fan-bases are like that.
Modified by Groovy_Q, Aug 25, 2012 12:37 AM

Aug 25, 2012 12:42 AM

gettogaara said:
I seriously don't understand what's wrong with those of you trying to discourage fans of the shows by saying crap like "If you watch that you're not a real anime fan." Have you guys not heard of opinions?

Naruto, One Piece and Bleach are called the big three because they're extremley popular and sell all sorts of merchandise. Really, go on ebay and search one of their names and see the thousands of items that come up. Do that for most other animes and they'll be in the hundreds.

Before someone decides to call me a fanboy or something stupid, I've dropped Bleach and like FMA more than One Piece or Naruto. Besides I had seen about 20 diffrent anime before watching Naruto which was my first to watch out of the big 3.

The reason people are insulted for liking it is because the typical Big 3 fanboys say that their show is undeniably the best anime/manga of all time when usually it's the only anime/manga they've ever read/watched. You don't fall into that category.

On top of my favourites list is The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Do I think it's the greatest thing I've ever seen? Yes. Do I think it's the greatest thing ever? Hell no. You can't call anything the greatest. But if someone comes by who has watched every single episode and season of every single anime ever then I'll give them the right to pass judgement on what is the greatest.

Aug 25, 2012 1:26 AM

SquadmemberRitsu said:
gettogaara said:

The reason people are insulted for liking it is because the typical Big 3 fanboys say that their show is undeniably the best anime/manga of all time when usually it's the only anime/manga they've ever read/watched. You don't fall into that category.

On top of my favourites list is The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Do I think it's the greatest thing I've ever seen? Yes. Do I think it's the greatest thing ever? Hell no. You can't call anything the greatest. But if someone comes by who has watched every single episode and season of every single anime ever then I'll give them the right to pass judgement on what is the greatest.

I agree wit this 100%, I wish anime fans were more like this.

Aug 25, 2012 1:46 AM
Those who say Naruto/Bleach/One Piece are undeniably the best(or whatever) and those who say they're undeniably the worst(or whatever) are the same thing. Both of these groups are to be ignored. Just watch what you like. Anyone can like what he/she wants. Don't let anyone change that.

Aug 25, 2012 2:11 AM

theres nothing else to watch on days when they come on.

Aug 25, 2012 1:11 PM

jimbob1141 said:
The big 3 have been running for a long time now So what do you think makes the big 3 so great and able to run for so long?

They are mainstream and they look exactly like anime should look. To an American.

Anime like these are the reason that keep me out of anime fandom for about 15 years. Then a certain teacher told me that an anime can talk about the ordinary life of ordinary people with even more realism and humanity than a live action movie.

Aug 25, 2012 3:42 PM
One Piece is the only one of the big three I really love. Bleach is okay but the fights get boring. Wouldn't make my top 20. I don't like Naruto at all. One Piece is also the biggest selling manga in Japan right now.

Aug 27, 2012 3:59 PM

whats big and great are you saying? wooh! 2 adjectives in a sentence ehh.
they're not big nor great at all! and littered with fillers / filler arcs.
Modified by Lyndon_Ong, Aug 27, 2012 4:37 PM

Sep 2, 2012 10:33 PM

Tvking00 said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
gettogaara said:

I agree wit this 100%, I wish anime fans were more like this.

Well ive seen quite a bit my self and i don't ignore the flaws in naruto, one piece and bleach, the big 3 undoubtedly do have some flaws as do most shonen stereotypes. Especially series that have to try and maintain that conistency through the entirely of all of the episodes which in most cases is just impossible either way you look at it. Does that mean its bad? No absolutly not. Does that mean its a masterpiece? well that all depends upon how the person judges the series.

No series is considered the greatest thing imaginable among the fanbase. Everyone has their own views and opinions on a show, just like everyone rates shows very differently. Some people aniilyze a show down to its core and rate every possible element of the show, well others simply just rate for entertainment value.

Growing up watching anime in the mid to late 90's, i really only watched anime for the entertainment, i never really though to much into animation, production value, character designs, story progression, etc. As i got older of course my views changed dramatically. But in any case, that is why naruto is considered one of my favorites personally, because of the nostalgic value, it was a show that i watched growing up and it was also the first anime that got me into watched subbed anime. I remeber the first days i read hunter X hunter, naruto, one piece, and shaman king in SJ during its first serialization. So to me it holds a very fond and special moment in my life. But like i said, now i am aware of the flaws that most shonens have now a days.

But i try not to compare other genres to much because in my eyes all shonens have stereotypical characters. But i still don't let that take my over all enjoyment away from other shows.

Also very good advice and i am not trying to act like a "know it all" so please don't take that as an offense, this is just my own personal way of enjoying anime.

Never ever let any one sway you into not watching something, rather it be reading reviews, their own negativity towards a certain series, etc. Have an open mind, i like to actually watch series before reading reviews on them, so i don't ruin the experience, i found well always trying to study a show before watching it, your always searching for flaws all the time because of people's reviews and it takes away the entertainment. Your mind tends to play tricks on when your swayed a certain way into thinking that the show might be horrible or if your expectations are to high. Come at it with a completely fresh open mind and i guarante you will enjoy it alot more that way.

Always make your own judgement calls. If people want to recommend you some shows of course, listen and learn from others, never shut people out but don't let other people judge for you, That is the best advice i can ever give you. I have learned over the years with this kind of mindset towards anime, it becomes much more entertaining that way.
Modified by link9us, Sep 2, 2012 10:48 PM

Sep 2, 2012 10:46 PM

because they're targeted at kids & teenagers more than anyone else, and considering this generation, this generation is full of spoilt bastards.

Sep 2, 2012 11:04 PM

It's just majority of people's preference that made the big 3 so great. but I don't think their great.
Ofcourse I'll be your hero!

Sep 2, 2012 11:11 PM

- Spirits/Swords/Slice of Life/Plot Twists/Every character archetype

- Adventure/Government-Conspiracies/Nakama/Dreams/Pirates/Marines

- Ninjas?

What else?

Sep 2, 2012 11:15 PM

They appeal to the masses, and that's what's important.

Sep 2, 2012 11:22 PM

All 3 are great for their own reasons. People just like to pick on anime that are really popular and have a lot of episodes. They appeal to the adventurous and friendship loving side in everybody, and they know what to show to keep you attached.

Sep 3, 2012 12:07 AM
It's like asking why is football so great in the U.S.

Sep 3, 2012 12:39 AM

They aren't great. They are popular, but not great.

Sep 3, 2012 6:54 AM

Kazeshini said:
because they're targeted at kids & teenagers more than anyone else, and considering this generation, this generation is full of spoilt bastards.

while i agree this generation is full of spoilt bastards what does that have to do with the big 3? xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Sep 3, 2012 7:02 AM

easy low-IQ content great for a big crowd, not so special when you pay more attention to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 3, 2012 8:44 AM

easy to follow, easy to understand, use the emotions of the viewers, make them endless, sell tons of merch. that's it. they aren't so "great" after all..

Sep 4, 2012 12:24 AM

jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

while i agree this generation is full of spoilt bastards what does that have to do with the big 3? xD

Easy access to what they want

Sep 4, 2012 5:48 AM

Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

You dont have to be spoilt to be able to find anime on the internet though xD

Sep 5, 2012 2:14 PM

jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

Having your own laptop is the norm these days huh

Sep 5, 2012 2:28 PM

Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

No not that, just most families are going to have a computer with internet access.

Sep 5, 2012 2:42 PM

Pjupp said:
Ragix said:
The Big 3 are like the gateways to anime for a lot of newcomers. Generally a lot of people who begin to watch anime first start watching Bleach, One Piece or Naruto since they were more put out there and commercialized then other anime series and were easy to get into because shounen is a easy genre for anyone to get into really.

In reality they are all decent but since for a lot of people that's what they started watching they will generally stick with it all the way to the end making the fanbase large since they are long-running and pretty popular whether it be good or bad.

My take on it anyway.

People should keep away from Naruto like the plague.

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

^Reason why Naruto is bad.

One Piece is great for a shounen (tho Manga > Anime, no doubt.) mostly cause of not overusing important deaths, interesting powers, story is not particularly linear (asides from island to island) and the humor is great.

Bleach I do not have an opinion on.

You have just won the internet, I cant give an opinion on One Piece though as It's something I've not bothered with. Don't care for Bleach, it looked like Naruto with slightly older characters and seeing as how I think Naruto is the equivalent of anime ass cancer I don't think I'd bother with anything reminiscent of it.

Sep 5, 2012 3:21 PM

jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

No not that, just most families are going to have a computer with internet access.

yes, internet access to website that stream anime... wish I had that back in my day...

Sep 5, 2012 4:14 PM

I haven't watched but one episode from each of the big three. Why should I watch anime that doesn't appeal to me?

Sep 5, 2012 4:28 PM

Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

yes, internet access to website that stream anime... wish I had that back in my day...

You were lucky, back in my day I lived in a shoe box in the middle of the road, and I was one of the lucky ones!

Sep 5, 2012 5:23 PM

Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:
jimbob1141 said:
Kazeshini said:

It still doesnt relate to kids being spoilt, times change and internet is far more common nowadays, when i was younger i didnt really have internet though, i think i got it when i was 14 or so, well thats still young but still :P

Sep 9, 2012 9:08 AM

SweetJL said:
I'm not really a big fan of the three besides One Piece because that one had a lot of originality and a great protagonist.

I have to agree, if you noticed alot of battle shonen anime's, ALWAYS end up with the main lead being some what weak minded and can hardly defend them selfs, they rely on their friends strenghth and its usually the main character that turns out to be a child, or the youngest in the group in some cases and the weakest. Having these these friends along side them is what makes them grow and become stronger.

That is just the way a shonen is supposed to depict the protagonist's character growth, from being baby to full grown adult. You see it in dbz, you see it in bleach, naruto, shaman king, hitman reborn, fairy tail, D gray man, and i can go on.

One piece is the one series that i think, where luffy does not end up turning out to be weak minded, relying on his friends for his survival as he grows stronger. He actually almost nearly starts off that way in that show which is very different compared to other shonen series. I think that is one of the many reasons why fans love OP so much, is because its really hard to get detached from a character that is just a bad ass all around and from the start of his journey to become a legend like all shonens eventually. It goes against the rules of what a shonen normally is as a lead protagonist.

Personally that is why alot of people look a blind eye when it comes to shonen i think, because of that fact alone, its a bit cliche when you think bout it, "main protagonist is normally a young boy, turns out to be weak, had some form of hidden potential and power, gathers friends along his journey to grow stronger and becomes the worlds greatest hero as he takes down his enemies either with the power of friendship or the power of love" where as OP is almost portrayed as the apposite in that regard, same thing with FMA brotherhood.

When you think "naruto" you favor characters like kakashi and itachi, when you think bleach, you favor byakuya, renji or yamomoto, when you think D Gray man, you think of characters like Lenalee, Road, Tyke, or Noah. When you think of hitman reborn, you look at characters like reborn, yamamato and Hayate. Because these characters are exactly depicted in that fashion, they are already strong, they have thier path set before them, they know what must be done, they are not portrayed as a clueless child like the main character is. Where as the main character during these early stages of the story, is weak minded some times selfish character that is still growing and pretty much a depicted as a child. After all, your watching these shows for the main character, to see his qualities and when you notice that every other character around him is almost always stronger in some way, it kind of lessons the over all appeal of the show when the main character turns out to be such a pansy in relation to the rest of the cast.

I know some one can explain this concept better then i can but i am sure you get the gist of it.

I really don't look at it that way like some people do, when i watch any shonen series, i think of it like reality, a main child, growing up amonst his peers and becoming an adult, rather if he has to endure many hardships and tribulations or tests along this journey. To me its satisfying to see the change that person goes through from a "child" (weak willed and weak minded and has no potential to become anything great, like a baby first learning how to walk) to an adult, (has incredible strength, power and agility and the just the mear site of him, makes you realize just how much of a hero he is and has came along way since his adolescence stage.) just like anyone growing up in real life.
Modified by link9us, Sep 9, 2012 9:29 AM

Sep 9, 2012 9:12 AM
thank you M♥AL

if you like something, u like it..
u dont have to like what people label as awesome..

i love these three shows that you called "the big three"..
great plots..

Sep 9, 2012 9:55 AM
None of the "big 3" (wich is a ridiculous name to begin with, the name big 3 is nothing more but a myth made by people as it were) are particularily well written. mostly badly written actually except for One Piece but even OP only goes so far, wich isn't all that surprising because they are all aimed at teen audiences after all. I'll probably get a lot of flak for that but Naruto and Bleach just have no good writing done for it at all. OP has some decent world building skills and interactions but writingwise it's nothing truly masterful, it does what it does well and that's it.

Mind you, wether a show is well written or how you enjoy it are two entirely different subjects.

I'm kind of hesitant to use this label but most shounen aren't really examples of great writing at all, can they be enjoyable? Ofcourse, but they are not really masterpieces. As for the reason i'm hesitant to use the word "shounen" it's because mostly the term shounen is used depending on wich magazine the manga it is adapted from it came from.

Sep 9, 2012 10:06 AM

What's ridiculous about the name? I think the term "Big 3" originated with the automotive industry and people have adopted calling the top 3 anything the "Big 3" in their respective areas. It's not a myth, the basis for the claim in regards to anime/manga comes from the size of the franchise, merchandise, and ranking(Not that OP,Bleach, and Naruto are always in the top 3) in Shounen Jump. There's nothing in there about how well written they are. It is only covers the fact that those franchises are huge; subjective arguments beyond that point need not apply.

A real simple answer to what's so great about the big 3 is that they make Shounen Jump and their business partners tons of cash every year. Just take the time out of your busy day to look at the revenue those IPs generate and there's your answer to why they are so great.

Sep 9, 2012 10:07 AM

In my honest opinion, it's their accessibility. Since the plot is simple and focused around fighting it's not hard to grasp any of the concepts the creators throw out there. Plus the characters are generic and "special" usually having some hidden ancient power or something. Plus they all were released on Shonen Jump (which isn't a bad thing) so they are already in the biggest manga magazine. That said, I still love One Piece.
I'm just some opinionated asshole on the internet

Sep 9, 2012 10:21 AM
Anime_Name said:
What's ridiculous about the name? I think the term "Big 3" originated with the automotive industry and people have adopted calling the top 3 anything the "Big 3" in their respective areas. It's not a myth, the basis for the claim in regards to anime/manga comes from the size of the franchise, merchandise, and ranking(Not that OP,Bleach, and Naruto are always in the top 3) in Shounen Jump. There's nothing in there about how well written they are. It is only covers the fact that those franchises are huge; subjective arguments beyond that point need not apply.

A real simple answer to what's so great about the big 3 is that they make Shounen Jump and their business partners tons of cash every year. Just take the time out of your busy day to look at the revenue those IPs generate and there's your answer to why they are so great.

In that case Gintama would be included. Wich it is not, KHR would also apply and Toriko is closing in.

They are called the big 3 because of some small amount of time they were the most popular series in the magazine WSJ, the name simply took a snowballing effect online.

Naruto could be considered part of such a name if it would in fact be able to be applied but certainly not Bleach.

And the part of my post talking about the writing of the shows was referring to the topic title of "why are they so great.", why are/were they so popular would be a different question, they are fairly easily accessible series i suppose.

EDIT: studioslug, your avatar is hypnotizing.
Modified by Vorlianis, Sep 9, 2012 10:26 AM

Sep 9, 2012 10:41 AM

In that case Gintama would be included. Wich it is not, KHR would also apply and Toriko is closing in.

Sorry, but just like the "Big 3" in the automotive industry, the label is strictly for 3 specific franchises because of their domination at the time the label was applied. Even if anyone of the big 3 do worse than another franchise the label "big 3" is not handed over. The label isn't that transient.

They are called the big 3 because of some small amount of time they were the most popular series in the magazine WSJ, the name simply took a snowballing effect online.

I don't know about small amount of time as their collective domination spanned a decade or more. Regardless of how small a time frame that is the term was created then for those specific 3 franchises.

Naruto could be considered part of such a name if it would in fact be able to be applied but certainly not Bleach.

Bleach my have slipped in manga sales but it is still considered one of the big 3 and still has a per volume sale average above most other manga around.

And the part of my post talking about the writing of the shows was referring to the topic title of "why are they so great.", why are/were they so popular would be a different question, they are fairly easily accessible series i suppose.

The stories are popular. Their writing is good enough to have not cause a significantly negative impact among the target audience. For this topic popularity is the answer to why they have been able to run for so long. Quality of the writing is a personal quibble but is not an indicator in how long a story can possibly last.

Sep 9, 2012 10:44 AM

According to Bakuman it's because they all have swords :P

Sep 9, 2012 10:54 AM
Anime_Name said:

Sorry, but just like the "Big 3" in the automotive industry, the label is strictly for 3 specific franchises because of their domination at the time the label was applied. Even if anyone of the big 3 do worse than another franchise the label "big 3" is not handed over. The label isn't that transient.

I don't know about small amount of time as their collective domination spanned a decade or more. Regardless of how small a time frame that is the term was created then for those specific 3 franchises.

Bleach my have slipped in manga sales but it is still considered one of the big 3 and still has a per volume sale average above most other manga around.

The stories are popular. Their writing is good enough to have not cause a significantly negative impact among the target audience. For this topic popularity is the answer to why they have been able to run for so long. Quality of the writing is a personal quibble but is not an indicator in how long a story can possibly last.

I know that, my point is that there are other big franchises wich could in fact compare to if not overtake the other series in length. And this especially applies to the manga versions.

Hunter x Hunter for one is far more popular, this year 1-2 volumes were sold and it ranked as a series on the top 10 sales list. I won't argue that while Bleach slipped it still sells more than most manga but my point is there are other series that are more or should be evenly qualified for this.

I think you're entirely missing my point about the last part that i said.... i was arguing compared to the entirety of other manga/anime that exist their writing isn't truly remarkable, they can be enjoyable but they are not literary masterpieces in the slightest. Most popular doesn't mean best written. There's a number of reasons they are as popular as they are. I actually don't really know what you're trying to argue though with your last part of your reply, i wasn't standing against you with that in the slightest.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »