Forum Settings
Forums

Do you mark stuff you watched as a kid as complete?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Aug 19, 2012 5:31 PM

If I have watched it, then yes. So that includes the dubbed DBZ and Moomin (1990 version). I am 99% sure I've seen all episodes of Moomin. At least I can still, to this day regocnize every storyline of each episode only seeing like a half minute if I happen to catch it airing on TV. DBZ I used to watch on TV in my late teens and I later rewatched the parts I thought I missed. So as far as the dubbed and cut version go, I'm sure I saw it all. Oh, and I actually watched Digimon Adventure from start to finish just two or three years back.

Aug 19, 2012 5:31 PM

Well, if I've completed them, then yes. And I have finished DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Pokemon.

Aug 19, 2012 5:33 PM

Why wouldn't I? If I watched it as a kid and can still remember most of what happened, I see no reason why I shouldn't. That is assuming I completed the series.

Digimon season 1 to 4 would be a better example in my case.

Aug 19, 2012 5:35 PM

Shuhan said:
I marked pokemon, digimon, and yugioh as complete. Im pretty sure i watched all of them, at most i might have missed 1 or 2 episodes, they were important to me when i was younger.

Same as me actually >_<

Aug 19, 2012 5:38 PM

Yes. Didn't mark Pokemon as complete though, as I know for sure I didn't watch all the episodes.
Yugioh and the Pokemon movies I remember I finished entirely though. Maybe because Marik+Bakura scared the crap outta me when I was a kid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 19, 2012 5:54 PM

I watched all of dbz, shaman king, digimon first 3 season and some more things probably on tv, and i didn't even add them, dunno why, probably because i don't know what score should i give them.

Aug 19, 2012 6:06 PM

I watched Code Geass as a kid. I rated them highly, but it's been so long and nostalgia might be kicking in. I need to rewatch to properly evaluate but I'm too busy.

Aug 19, 2012 6:27 PM

Nope, the only thing that I put on my list that was way before I made an account here was Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles, and I did watch every single episode, so I can set it as completed. And still, that was only 4 or so years ago. I didn't complete Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! as a kid, so I just left hem out. I am rewatching them anyway, so only the episodes I'm rewatching are on my list.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata

Aug 19, 2012 6:32 PM

I did it for the Pokemon movies and the first three seasons of Digimon. I got around to Dragon Ball Z eventually. The main Pokemon series is a no-go since all the seasons seems continuous and self-contained at the same time.

Come to think of it, I've also seen the Digimon movie. I never bothered to put that on my MAL though. Huh.

Aug 19, 2012 6:42 PM
If I've seen a good 80%, but absolutely if I've seen at least the last several episodes.

For example the original Dragonball series. I missed some stuff right before the start of the King Piccolo saga, but I saw the rest from there, so I consider it complete.

Aug 19, 2012 7:04 PM

I went back and watched all of them except for Pokemon, but I felt I remembered enough of it to mark it complete. The other thing I don't understand at all is when people mark off the original and the U.S versions of DBZ. I saw most of the dub on TV, and I went back to watch the original later on, but what's the point in having both of them on your list?

Aug 19, 2012 7:09 PM

I didn't even add them to my list, because by now they're irrelevant to my life. I mainly played the Pokemon games, anyway.

....I'm a little ashamed to admit that I have over a thousand Yu Gi Oh! cards still, but never even watched the show.

Aug 19, 2012 7:42 PM

I added only 1 anime that I watched as a kid on TV. I didn't watch all 55 episodes, but I probably watched more than 80% of the episodes.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Aug 19, 2012 7:46 PM

Yeah, why not? I might have missed a few episodes but honestly, whatever. Besides, you wouldn't really mark it as anything else, and your anime list is for your OWN reference.

Aug 19, 2012 8:09 PM

Only if I can fully remember it.

Aug 19, 2012 8:11 PM

No. I can't guarantee that I saw every episode so it would be wrong to put it on my list, at least in my opinion.

Pokemon and Digimon are on my Completed list because I just watched them again within the last couple years. In rewatching Digimon, I realized that I hadn't watched all of it as a kid. There was quite a bit I didn't remember. Though when I rewatched Pokemon, I remembered every single episode so I put it with a rewatch of one since I actually did watch all of it as a kid.

Still have to rewatch Yu-Gi-Oh! though. That should be the only three I watched as a kid.

Aug 19, 2012 8:20 PM

I only mark things i know i've seen all of as complete, so it depends.
Pokemon i gave up on around the May and Max season.
YuGiOh I'm pretty sure i've seen actually...i should probably mark that. There were so many reruns of the show that i'm pretty sure i saw each arch at least two to three times. The only one i think i might have missed was some movies, GX and the recent one because it's just plain ugly. 5D's i've definitely seen.
Dragonball i saw up until that bubblegum thing.

Most of these shows, with perhaps the exception being Dragonball, you don't really need to watch every single episode. All the arcs are basically the same. As long as you know the main points are and what the conclusion was, you're good.

Aug 19, 2012 8:21 PM

Yea for shows that I really liked. Also I didn't have any cartoon channels so I rewatched a lot of them years ago.

Aug 19, 2012 8:35 PM

Only the one's that I actually completed. There's a lot of stuff I saw as kid sporadically like Shin-chan or Conan and I actually have no clue anymore at which part in the story I was or how much I even watched. These don't even appear in my list.

Aug 19, 2012 8:52 PM
Ghost in the API

I do because I actually finished them.

Aug 19, 2012 9:12 PM

Nah, I don't really feel the need to.

Aug 19, 2012 9:32 PM

Nah i don't.I have DB in completed because i actually re-watched it around 5 times in my life.Last time it was around year ago.

Aug 20, 2012 5:18 AM

I never really "completed" anything when I was a kid, so no.

Aug 20, 2012 7:10 AM

No. I watched Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh everyday as a kid, but I'm pretty sure I didn't watch all 300-400+ episodes.

Aug 20, 2012 7:29 AM

Only Sailor Moon. I ended up watching the sequel when I was older. I remember most of what happened. I was obsessed.

Aug 20, 2012 7:38 AM

nope, and I never finished them.

Only show I have on my list is pokémon which currently is on my drop list

Aug 20, 2012 8:17 AM

I do because I rewatched everything I watched as a kid completely so...yeah

Aug 20, 2012 9:05 AM

This kind of reminds me like when people mark something like naruto complete when they skip the fillers... though its kind of different..

As for the question, I only put what i did complete on my complete list, like pokemon i watched a few different episodes so i can't tell what episode i would be on and how many i watched so i just leave it out. but things like DBZ where i actually watched everything, and re-watched it once or twice too, will be on my list. I also watch all fillers>.>

Aug 20, 2012 9:16 AM

Arex said:
This kind of reminds me like when people mark something like naruto complete when they skip the fillers... though its kind of different..

As for the question, I only put what i did complete on my complete list, like pokemon i watched a few different episodes so i can't tell what episode i would be on and how many i watched so i just leave it out. but things like DBZ where i actually watched everything, and re-watched it once or twice too, will be on my list. I also watch all fillers>.>

some people did watched all the fillers.I remembered watching them all back in the days when I didn't know what filler was.

Aug 20, 2012 9:18 AM

egoplant said:
I notice a lot of people marking stuff like Dragon Ball Z as complete. I'm wondering if they all actually saw it all, or if they just watched some episodes as a kid and marked it as complete.

If I completed it then yes I mark it off.

Aug 20, 2012 9:28 AM

I've marked Yu-Gi-Oh as complet but only because I know I have watched all 144 Episodes at least 2 times ..

Aug 20, 2012 9:54 AM

I noticed that to, I don't because I'm not sure if I've missed a few episodes and I dont feel like rewatching 300+episodes of dbz just to find out I probly missed an episode or 2. Same goes for pokemon and others.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 20, 2012 10:05 AM
I know I watched all the Medabots and Yu-gi-oh! episodes. My mother used to record the episodes for me when I wasn't at home. She wouldn't ever miss a episode.

Dbz,Dbgt I rewatched entirely, filler and all.

Off Topic
Stuff that I could add as "dropped" are:
(I know I watched a lot of these episodes)

- Pokemon (Which I did add as dropped)
- Transformers (There were so many series' of this I watched. I don't even know if all were anime, if at all)
- Saint Seiya
- Duel Masters
- Beyblade (All 3 Seasons?)

Aug 20, 2012 10:21 AM

About my childhood animes, i put, in my list, only the show i'm sure i watched all(some examples are saint seiya, DBZ and sailor moon), instead the others anime(like digimon, pokemon, ojamajo doremi) i don't do that.

Aug 20, 2012 10:35 AM

Yvese said:
I do.

I definitely saw all of DBZ on toonami. Not 100% on pokemon and yugioh, but I remember watching those two every saturday morning as a kid for a few years up till high school. I may have missed a few eps, but I'll be damned if I'll leave it off my list because of that :P

Well that is the what the OP is referring to, you have DBZ original on your list as well and that version of DBZ was never aired on toonami, so unless you watched it at a later time for nostalgic sake, then you shouldn't have DBZ original completed on your list.

But you can do what you want, its your list.

Aug 20, 2012 11:05 AM

I've only added those shows which I know for a fact I've completed... which is also why I've only added a part of Pokemon; I'd only watched that much of it while it was airing back then.

Aug 20, 2012 11:55 AM

I think it's hard to tell if you watched all of something as a kid, especially since when I was younger I watched shows it didn't seem like I missed an episode, even if I did. I can't imagine what it was like with DBZ since there were so many fillers and things.
I wandered through fiction to look for the truth.

Aug 20, 2012 12:00 PM

i've marked dragon bal and dragon balll z as complete, but that's because i actually watched it all as a kid lol. i don't have things like pokemon, yu-gi-oh, digimon, etc. because i didn't watch them all :p
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum

Aug 20, 2012 12:04 PM

anyone remember the anime Gash Bell? used to be my favorite back when i was a kid

Aug 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Why shouldn't I? If I watched every single episode of that show as a kid, then that would be complete. If there really is a show, that I just watched sometimes etc I wouldn't even add it to my list.

Aug 20, 2012 1:55 PM

No. Because I know I didn't watch it 100%. Like maybe missed an episode or two. Or was watching it while playing some PS1 game on another screen. Or just about don't remember the series.

Aug 20, 2012 2:02 PM

Yep. Its on here, I watched it, why wouldn't I add it?

Aug 20, 2012 2:05 PM

Can you say you've seen EVERY episode of dragon ball (not Z or GT). Or of Gundam Wing? or Ronin Warriors? Heck, they showed Ranma 1/2 where I'm from and Slam dunk, and I don't know a single person who actually sat in front of the tv EVERY saturday to watch the new episode.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]