Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2012 6:40 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was your common calmer. Considering how wild I was emotionally last episode, it was quite nice to have this episode around to calm down. However things got bad at one point for me. That is with Astelia in the following,

Rather big WTF at her expression. Most likely the high Red Alert rang as Astelia’s expression is rather at a extreme shocked but so much it alarmed me. I am hoping she remains more stable than insane in that state from what it gives out as a feeling.

MUGINAMI MOE……….THE BEST! Well in this episode and IMO. Might edit later

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 19, 2012 7:45 AM

Aug 2010
Well, that gives an explanation of why Asteria is so smart being so young. She apparently has been around for more than 20,000 years, or she is a reincarnation of sorts.
Aug 19, 2012 8:04 AM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Well, that gives an explanation of why Asteria is so smart being so young. She apparently has been around for more than 20,000 years, or she is a reincarnation of sorts.
Is the freaked out part like another part of herself? Seems being alive that long you get a rather mass dump of info stuck in your head after all those years. So I was wondering still WTF was the freak out about really. Another persona or a mass of information coming at her such as flashbacks and all.

Really weird that freak out of hers.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 19, 2012 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
Time for more Maru~ ^_^

It's end up pretty good but it can't really end like this. O_o

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 19, 2012 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
That was one interesting revelation i knew Asteria has piloted a Vox in the past but for her to be the reincarnation of the one who caused the tragedy 20000 years ago came as a surprise.
I always figured she was the one that Yurikano mentioned on her first meeting with Madoka in the first season but maybe that might be someone else.
The signs that where shown didn't match up with the signs of the girls which mights suggests there or more Vox units out there then just those three.
Also at that conference there where allot more nations then the two we where familiar with maybe one of those is hiding something from the rest.

The last part of the episode felt like a bad omen like something is going to happen to the girls.
Aug 19, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
Jersey club forever ^_^

I'd join in a freaking heart beat if invited. Yup, never graduating from the club.
Aug 19, 2012 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Is the freaked out part like another part of herself? Seems being alive that long you get a rather mass dump of info stuck in your head after all those years. So I was wondering still WTF was the freak out about really. Another persona or a mass of information coming at her such as flashbacks and all.

Really weird that freak out of hers.

It can be seen as several ways from my point of view:

1) Asteria mentions that she has sinned in the past (from what she remembers currently and the records of the tablet) so it is likely that it's herself rather than "part of herself".
2) As mentioned in this episode again, the Rinn-e caused two tragedies in the past.
  • One involves Yurikano.
  • The other involves "Queen Maycun". Asteria is reminded that Queen Maycun is her but that name is not the one as stated on MAL or anywhere I've looked. So it might be another part of herself. It's also somewhat noticeable that she displayed a grin after hearing this despite the short initial shock. So, idk, it might be another part of herself or how she original was when she "sinned".
Stark700Aug 19, 2012 11:57 AM
Aug 19, 2012 11:53 AM
Mar 2008
Very interesting revelations about Astelia.
So, the thing she showed in episode 12 was her Memoria

But I wonder why it is visible.

Stark700 said:
"Queen Maycum"

That made me lol hard.
Aug 19, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
draker said:
"Queen Maycum"
That made me lol hard.

Oops my bad. It seems that I did misspell the name after re-watching the part again.

Queen Maycun is what the name is addressed as.
Aug 19, 2012 12:07 PM
Oct 2010
Wait a moment, was it mentioned before that the collision would not be happening for 1000 years? It seems I missed that... They still have that long and they are on the brink of destroying each other instead of the very logical option Madoka proposed? *facepalm* ... given the state of things I though it would be a matter of decades, not centuries... oh well...

draker said:
Stark700 said:
"Queen Maycum"
That made me lol hard.
Now that's a good joke. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 19, 2012 12:13 PM
Mar 2008
Ajunky said:
Wait a moment, was it mentioned before that the collision would not be happening for 1000 years? It seems I missed that...

Yeah, I never understood the thing of the 1,000 years because based on how they explained it, it was something that would occur every millennium and obviously that made no sense since they could only collide once.
But that's gonna happen in 1,000 years from now and they're already panicking? Okay, that doesn't make much sense either, so I'm kinda lost here.
Aug 19, 2012 1:21 PM
Jul 2012
Old problems settled, new mysteries arise with more dangers! I think Queen Maycun had piloted a evil, kind of Vox & thus the Vox put something like a curse on her, that meant always being forced to carry the Memoria of it, & face reincarnation with all her memories of past lives. This is my theory.
Aug 19, 2012 1:31 PM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
I'd join in a freaking heart beat if invited. Yup, never graduating from the club.

Judging from activities and energy of it's leader possibility of dying from exhaustion is quite high.

Loli Destroyer of Worlds :D

still it would explain why she is head of that organization, fortunatelly. 20 000 years is acceptable experience for job like this, still she seemed to be bigger in the past.
Plus there was that sign in Queen's vision - maybe at first there was one Vox and than somehow they became separated (they seem to have some kind of contact with each other).
Aug 19, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
draker said:
Stark700 said:
"Queen Maycum"
That made me lol hard.

Dalek-baka said:

Loli Destroyer of Worlds :D

Queen MayCum Loli Destroyer of Worlds!!

A great episode and quite funny they talking at the end about ep. 12.5
Aug 19, 2012 3:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Ajunky said:
Wait a moment, was it mentioned before that the collision would not be happening for 1000 years? It seems I missed that... They still have that long and they are on the brink of destroying each other instead of the very logical option Madoka proposed? *facepalm* ... given the state of things I though it would be a matter of decades, not centuries... oh well...
It would be very, very, very difficult to alter the orbit of something the size of a planet. The key is, the further out in time you do it, the greater the difference in path later on. Comparatively speaking, if you give it a nudge now you can produce the same distortion in orbit as would require x1000 times the effort 900 years from now.
Aug 19, 2012 6:10 PM
Oct 2010
maru~ maru~ everywwhere
yandere looking loli 0_o
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 19, 2012 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
i felt like i haven't had a clear understanding on what was really going or what those 2 were fighting over since S1 lol but i'm glad that's over for now.
Aug 20, 2012 4:09 AM

Apr 2011
lol. Madoka punch those two kings in the gut.

She's the only girl who punch two royalties and gets away with it.
Aug 20, 2012 5:40 AM

Feb 2011
Who cares if Asteria is living for more than 20,000 years!
she's still look fresh for me though :V
Aug 20, 2012 7:02 AM

May 2010
decent end to that Arc.
Aug 20, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
Cratex said:
Ajunky said:
It would be very, very, very difficult to alter the orbit of something the size of a planet. The key is, the further out in time you do it, the greater the difference in path later on. Comparatively speaking, if you give it a nudge now you can produce the same distortion in orbit as would require x1000 times the effort 900 years from now.
Actually you have to alter the course of two solar systems not to mention that one of those solar is that of a blue giant which would almost be impossible.
The best way to solve there problem is to simply leave Le Garite and De Metrio and look for a other planet or a few other planets to stay on.
They left Earth 20000 years ago so it should not be a problem to do that again the problem would be wether they want to leave there planets behind.
Also for the Apocalypse lovers amongst us our Solar system is also heading for a collision with a other solar system it will happen in 40000 years or so...
Anime_Collector said:
Who cares if Asteria is living for more than 20,000 years!
she's still look fresh for me though :V
As mentioned before she is the reincarnation of that queen it was pretty clear she died in that accident.
Aug 20, 2012 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
Magito said:
lol. Madoka punch those two kings in the gut.

She's the only girl who punch two royalties and gets away with it.

And is thanked for it.
Aug 20, 2012 12:02 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Aversa said:
Actually you have to alter the course of two solar systems not to mention that one of those solar is that of a blue giant which would almost be impossible.
I'm assuming the two stars are binaries (very common, actually) and their orbits are just taking them close enough to each other that the planets' obits overlap and the projected path of the two planets in question would be such that a collision would occur between the two planets. If that's the case, then it's "just" a matter of nudging one or both of the two planets so that they miss each other by enough to be acceptable.

Though, truth be told, it's hard to imagine two binary stars close enough to each other for the orbits of their planets to overlap without the stars throwing each others planets out into space long, long ago, but that's another issue.

If the stars are not binaries and are actually moving towards each other, even if the stars themselves won't collide then yes, that's a much bigger can of worms.
Aug 20, 2012 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
i guess there is one more thing to resolve....good show so far.

oh and 1k years in galactic terms is really more like a second. generally speaking planetary movements of this scale takes hundreds of millions if not billions of years. solar systems or even galaxies colliding take even longer. and its not 40k years its around 4 billion years.......that our galaxy will collide with Andromeda. our sun is set to go to red giant around 1.8 billion years so if humans still exist, they wont be on earth as it will have been too hot for any life to exist on earth.

if it took only 40k years for planetary bodies to collide, we would see fireworks on a daily basis given the amount of stellar bodies out there.
kisamiAug 20, 2012 1:00 PM
Aug 20, 2012 1:15 PM
Mar 2008
Cratex said:
Aversa said:
I'm assuming the two stars are binaries (very common, actually) and their orbits are just taking them close enough to each other that the planets' obits overlap and the projected path of the two planets in question would be such that a collision would occur between the two planets. If that's the case, then it's "just" a matter of nudging one or both of the two planets so that they miss each other by enough to be acceptable.

Though, truth be told, it's hard to imagine two binary stars close enough to each other for the orbits of their planets to overlap without the stars throwing each others planets out into space long, long ago, but that's another issue.

If the stars are not binaries and are actually moving towards each other, even if the stars themselves won't collide then yes, that's a much bigger can of worms.

They showed in episode 2 (I think) that De Metrio will crash into Le Garite's sun, causing a huuuuuge explosion, blasting away everything.
Aug 20, 2012 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
The two kings finally made up. But we're not done yet. Something's going to happen and that tablet and the Chairman or "Maycum" has something to do with it. I still don't trust that Moid one bit. I think he has his own agenda regarding the Rinne.

Aug 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
I do hope these last few episodes provide an interesting ending arc.

I wonder what will happen to the simpleton trio now, haha.

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Aug 20, 2012 2:47 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
draker said:

They showed in episode 2 (I think) that De Metrio will crash into Le Garite's sun, causing a huuuuuge explosion, blasting away everything.
Ah. I took that scene to be that they were binary, but whatever. In that case, I'm going to reserve my seat and make sure I've got popcorn ready. I'll bet it will be VERY pretty to watch ;)
Aug 20, 2012 6:15 PM

Nov 2011
So Atstelia piloted the Vox. Interesting.

Also, Moid is up to something. Bad guy vibes...all over him.
Aug 20, 2012 7:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Beedlebud said:
I don't trust him as far as I can spit.
Aug 21, 2012 5:34 AM

May 2010
AreosVX said:
draker said:
Stark700 said:
"Queen Maycum"
That made me lol hard.

That's a great name lmao
Aug 21, 2012 7:11 AM

Mar 2010
So, my feelings about this episode were sort of mixed. On one hand I dislike episodes like this, where nearly nothing happens just because something big happened an episode before (they ALWAYS have the same pattern) and I also found the solution to the problem anti-climatic. On the other hand, I really like that the "war" isn't the final arc of this anime since there's so much to explore and I also liked that we found a middle way to solve it. At the same time we found NO solution to the problem and since it will happen in 1000 years, when both nations might not even exist anymore or they might live in a completely different planetary system, I found the war to be completely unjustified and pointless. I mean, their planets (or whatever) are still going to collide, Yurikano is still lost and they're friends because some brat punched them? I really don't know what to think about that end. I both hate it and love it.

About Asteria, I join everyone who says she's the reincarnation. I'm not a huge fan of "different personality, the same body" characters. Sure it can be awesome of done right but usually it's not explained properly (like Rika in Higurashi) or it's so messed up and makes no sense that it hurts. Although, I have to say that I sort of expected her to be the one who created that tragedy. The hints were all over the place. Her having the mark but no Vox, her being too mature and intelligent for her age, her knowing a lot about that tragedy that happened 20 000 years ago etc. I'm looking forward how they'll play this.
Aug 21, 2012 11:45 PM

Dec 2011
Things don't always work so idealistically in real life...but I can't say I hate it for that. I do look forward to seeing what curveball Asteria will throw at us next. I have a feeling things are going to get reeeeally interesting again inside of an episode or two.

More impressions (and lots of pretty screenshots) on this episode located here: http://randomc.net/2012/08/19/rinne-no-lagrange-2-07/. Enjoy!
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Aug 25, 2012 5:19 PM
Jul 2011
I should've known.. all they needed was a good beating and an apt lecture. And it was beautiful to see Madoka deliver it all. I was so sad last week when they cut to the credits just when it was getting good ^^

I guess Moid is the most likely candidate to fill the antagonist-vacuum we have at the moment. Trusting closed-eye-guys is a no-no anyway. Though it would be brilliant if he'd turn out to be a nice guy after all..

And Lan sure is lucky that the "do you love someone" topic dispersed rather quickly (and that Madoka can't read her obvious reactions) ;-) Well, "lucky" in her opinion at that moment, that is - I know too well how that feels like..
Sep 12, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
Ahaha, Madoka really punched them, that must have felt good.

What the hell happened 20.000 years ago, can we please learn it already?
Sep 23, 2012 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, Asteria went psycho for a while.
It was nice to watch this again, damn Underwater is having trouble.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 29, 2012 2:06 PM
Jul 2018

Asteria is a former queen? I bet she is already 20000 years old.
Sep 23, 2013 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
Good idea... vow to never use the Vox to fight again... This show would be over if that was the case.
Jun 17, 2014 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
Moid is still with Dizelmine so I doubt this peace will last.

Who is that short-haired girl who's always skulking around Madoka? Is she just some groupie or an actual character? XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 30, 2015 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
So now we get to dig into Astelia, finally.
Jun 23, 2015 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
Sweet episode :)
Nov 8, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
Beedlebud said:
So Atstelia piloted the Vox. Interesting.

What with the fact that he hasn't opened his eyes once over the last two seasons, that kinda clinches the whole "will eventually be a villain" thing. The question is when.
Mar 30, 2019 7:03 PM
Sep 2018
"Those two made up, didn't they?"
"There shouldn't be any more reason to fight, yes?"
Or words to those effects.

FLAG!!!!!!!!!

Hm.
Creepy Smiley Guy is still creepy.
If there _is_ a Big Bad, I must admit he's the most likely candidate among those we've met so far.
WeasalopesMar 30, 2019 7:11 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

72 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 31, 2019 12:41 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

44 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 11:24 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

23 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 8:32 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

prismheart - Aug 26, 2012

34 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 7:49 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

52 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.