Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2012 3:10 PM
Nov 2010
i love this ep!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP!!....i want the battle!!XD
Aug 19, 2012 3:30 PM

Dec 2008
OH MY GOD! What a breathtaking episode!! It won't take for me to start reading the manga!
^_~
Aug 19, 2012 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
Paul said:
Lmao @ the little strip on Page 2.

Anyways, I don't remember much from this part of the series so when he bit off his face and ate it, it shocked me. I know it doesn't have a load of blood but is this still PG-13 with all this?

If you think this is shocking, this stuff is NOTHING compared to the Chimera Ants Arc in the long term. I would classify that arc as Seinen not shonen for its themes and gore

Yoshihiro Togashi is a horror junkie and it definitely shows
Aug 19, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
why didn't uvogin scream when he was in the car? he could of killed all of them, unless the chains were also restricting his throat? but also he could still talk so...PLOT NEN!
Aug 19, 2012 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
Celastias said:
why didn't uvogin scream when he was in the car? he could of killed all of them, unless the chains were also restricting his throat? but also he could still talk so...PLOT NEN!

Because spoiler :P
End Zionazism
Aug 19, 2012 4:01 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoy the animation, but dislike a few certain parts:

1. terrible music for intense moments.

2. displaying names of the attacks

3. not enough blood! (lol jk, its understandable).
Aug 19, 2012 4:01 PM
Aug 2012
Wow, what a terrific episode. For a moment I thought MH would spoil Kurapika's techniques there... And I'm starting to like Shalnark's VA.
Aug 19, 2012 4:09 PM
Aug 2011
This episode was fucking amazing!!!!
Aug 19, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
vansonbee said:

Although I understand what you feel, bear with it. Togashi did it in the manga to make HxH more shounen-like.

Be happy that they don't shout out the technique names.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Aug 19, 2012 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
vansonbee said:

Although I understand what you feel, bear with it. Togashi did it in the manga

so that they don't shout out the technique names.

Fixed!
End Zionazism
Aug 19, 2012 5:30 PM

Jan 2012
Celastias said:

The chain was around his neck and body, Plus Kurapika basically saw the whole fight... You think he would let him breath in deep again?..=[]
Aug 19, 2012 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
noonealive said:
Celastias said:

The chain was around his neck and body, Plus Kurapika basically saw the whole fight... You think he would let him breath in deep again?..=[]

yes because kurapika is letting him talk = letting him breath

PLOT NEN!
Aug 19, 2012 6:28 PM

Mar 2012
Celastias said:
noonealive said:
Celastias said:

PLOT NEN!

NO PLOT NEN
Don't spoil it for urself!
End Zionazism
Aug 19, 2012 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
vansonbee said:

Although I understand what you feel, bear with it. Togashi did it in the manga to make HxH more shounen-like.

Be happy that they don't shout out the technique names.

But couldn't they just cover it in the Huncyclopedia section if they really wanted the viewers to know what each attack's name was? (cuz imo they're really not all that necessary unless the characters themselves mention it in conversation, at which point the viewers should be able to tell which attack they're talking about...)
Aug 19, 2012 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
Mikasa said:
Celastias said:
noonealive said:
Celastias said:

PLOT NEN!

NO PLOT NEN
Don't spoil it for urself!

i will destroy u with plot nen you insignificant pest
CelastiasAug 19, 2012 8:14 PM
Aug 19, 2012 9:01 PM
Jun 2012
One of the things I love most about HxH is that you can't take it at face value.
There's always more to it.
Aug 20, 2012 12:45 AM
Feb 2012
meshimoon said:
^ I think it's better to use gifs to portray the awesomeness of the 1999 anime. :3 If you only use screenshots, Madhouse's will probably pwn everything Nippon Animation.

Madhouse pwns either way. :)
Aug 20, 2012 5:52 AM

Jul 2011
I love this part! I can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 20, 2012 6:01 AM

Aug 2011
Not bad, only thing I disliked was how they made Kurapika cover his ears for the scream when it was actually pretty badass that he was the only one to not do so in the manga. Great episode though! that's quite the end and surprise for the new viewers :P all I'm gonna say is, don't judge yet!
Aug 20, 2012 7:40 AM
Mar 2012
wonder if it'll get cancelled, I mean this is japan they can't stand violence
Aug 20, 2012 7:52 AM

Apr 2011
Shaduge said:

Sarcasm? Every humor show they have ends in ones pain. Batsu game for example, it's hilarious
Aug 20, 2012 8:14 AM

Apr 2009
How can this only have 94% loved ratio? That fight had specialized tactics vs brute strength really well done, and that was so well reversed when Uvo turned out to be insanely strong enough to beat them with his head alone :p The track when Porcupine skewered Uvo's hand with his hair had such unfitting track it was almost fitting :D The track that played when he murdered the rest of them, I guess it actually could have worked out okay since it wasn't only a display of strength but at the same time it was a moment of despair for those faced against it. But then again, that only works if you expected Shadow Beasts to stand a chance, which I doubt anyone did :p
Aug 20, 2012 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
sagdashin said:
Shaduge said:

Sarcasm? Every humor show they have ends in ones pain. Batsu game for example, it's hilarious

No, Japan can't stand violence indeed. Sex (and the weirdest parts of it) on the other hand...
End Zionazism
Aug 20, 2012 10:12 AM

Jan 2012
Celastias said:
noonealive said:
Celastias said:

PLOT NEN!

Uvo still has to breath in deep to scream. Talking doesn't involve breathing in deep.

PLOT NEN....
It' probably to most explained powers of all shounen.

PLOT LOGIC... =[]
Aug 20, 2012 10:22 AM

Mar 2012
You want the explanation here it is, don't read if you don't wanna be spoiled:

PLOT PWN!
End Zionazism
Aug 20, 2012 3:46 PM
Jun 2012
Mikasa said:
You want the explanation here it is, don't read if you don't wanna be spoiled:

PLOT PWN!

Aw, you shouldn't spoil people like that.
Aug 20, 2012 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
I double-spoiler tagged it! And he was curious so I PLOT PWNed him
End Zionazism
Aug 20, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
mrsticky005 said:
meshimoon said:
^ I think it's better to use gifs to portray the awesomeness of the 1999 anime. :3 If you only use screenshots, Madhouse's will probably pwn everything Nippon Animation.

Madhouse pwns either way. :)

...pff

can't even argue
I'd rather have a 1999 fanatic argue for me cuz I can't come up with anything >_>
Aug 20, 2012 6:59 PM
Mar 2012
like the real series start now
its getting more gore which is nice 5/5
Aug 20, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode, but it's so predictable. The top 10 Nen users from the 10 dons (Shadow Beasts), and how three of them all died with surprise and so easily. Then, Kurapika's chains hurt the Phantom Troupe member so much. However, things are moving along at a good pace. 3/5

Aug 20, 2012 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
_Saburo_ said:
Good episode, but it's so predictable. The top 10 Nen users from the 10 dons (Shadow Beasts), and how three of them all died with surprise and so easily. Then, Kurapika's chains hurt the Phantom Troupe member so much. However, things are moving along at a good pace. 3/5

Kurapika is strong against the Spiders because he made a Nen oath with himself to only use his powers against the Spiders otherwise he'll die! He says so himself :p
Aug 21, 2012 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
So gory! D; It honestly scared me. I hope they cut down on the gore in future episodes.

But maaan, Kurapika is a beast <3
Aug 21, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
^wow, it's sorta neat to hear that xD lots of people wanted the opposite (I don't particularly care either way)
Aug 21, 2012 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
As long as i get to see the beginning of the Ant arc animated, i will have no qualms with the episodes.
Aug 21, 2012 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
fishergirl16 said:
So gory! D; It honestly scared me. I hope they cut down on the gore in future episodes.

But maaan, Kurapika is a beast <3

Don't worry, the Chimera ant arc is sweet and innocent :) you'll love it
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 12:47 AM

May 2011
There was enough blood. Madhouse did their best, considering this is A MORNING SHOW. Don't forget that.
Aug 22, 2012 6:06 AM

Mar 2012
Viralz said:
^
do u really think that's enough for cutting a whole head!!!
see this

Black blood, this is a manga, and blood is always black so it doesn't really matter as much as anime's actual red blood-like blood
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
Awesome episode, I love this bloody episode!
can't wait for

but isn't there something wrong in this episode? Why is that Worm from Shadow Beast still alive after Big Bang Impact? He can even call for another member. Well, just a little detail but it still bugging me..
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Aug 22, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Viralz said:
^
do u really think that's enough for cutting a whole head!!!
see this

just thank God this scene was not censored
for me I think it's perfect
Aug 22, 2012 7:54 AM
Aug 2012
kuruta_tribe said:

but isn't there something wrong in this episode? Why is that Worm from Shadow Beast still alive after Big Bang Impact? He can even call for another member. Well, just a little detail but it still bugging me..

Worm was also alive in the manga. If you look closely at the corresponding panel, you can actually see that he's calling someone.
Aug 22, 2012 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
kuruta_tribe said:
Awesome episode, I love this bloody episode!
can't wait for

It's weird to me too, I had to check the manga and he was there as well lol, would've preferred it if he'd just became pieces :P
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
Haha, terrific episode.

Is it just me or does the soundtrack just sound too death note-y. I know this is Mad House with Hirano's amazing conducting skills, but all I see when I hear it is Kira laughing like a maniac. Probably shouldn't let it bother me.

In any case, to be honest they handled this part of the series a whole lot better than 1999 version (which I enjoyed very much). Anyone interested in going back and watching that episode just for comparison's sake, it's episode 53. Like I was saying, everything was a lot more epic than the original series. In my opinion, the direction is way better. Just seeing Uvo chew that guys head off in a split second, that's what catches you off guard and you're like "OMFG!!" It was slower and not as impressive in the original and it gave it a kind of dull impression, but it depends on a director's perception.

And the voice acting. Don't know if anyone noticed Blackbeard from One Piece as Uvogin. Or fucking Miyano Mamoru (Yagami Light) as Chrollo. Epic win on both parts.

Anyways. Loving this arc right now, which is awesome because I know the next arc is going to be fucking Masterly!!
ZorociaAug 22, 2012 9:05 AM
Aug 22, 2012 9:20 AM
Oct 2011
Zorocia said:
Haha, terrific episode.

Is it just me or does the soundtrack just sound too death note-y. I know this is Mad House with Hirano's amazing conducting skills, but all I see when I hear it is Kira laughing like a maniac. Probably shouldn't let it bother me.

In any case, to be honest they handled this part of the series a whole lot better than 1999 version (which I enjoyed very much). Anyone interested in going back and watching that episode just for comparison's sake, it's episode 53. Like I was saying, everything was a lot more epic than the original series. In my opinion, the direction is way better. Just seeing Uvo chew that guys head off in a split second, that's what catches you off guard and you're like "OMFG!!" It was slower and not as impressive in the original and it gave it a kind of dull impression, but it depends on a director's perception.

And the voice acting. Don't know if anyone noticed Blackbeard from One Piece as Uvogin. Or fucking Miyano Mamoru (Yagami Light) as Chrollo. Epic win on both parts.

Anyways. Loving this arc right now, which is awesome because I know the next arc is going to be fucking Masterly!!
I think the voice acting is the best part in the new series. Ootsuka Akio (Rider, BlackBeard) is doing a really great job, only his voice-acting is making his parts way better than the old version. I watched the part where the Ryodan were introduced in the old version and compared it with the new version, the difference is really huge. It's episode 51, 8:40.
Aug 22, 2012 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
Damn those Shadow Beasts was weak.
All that hype for just that :P

Aug 22, 2012 2:52 PM

Oct 2011
Watch 1999 they said, it's violent they said

5/5 awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 2:53 PM

Jun 2011
Uvogin totally destroyed the Shadow Beasts... they were cool and all, but not good enough to beat Uvo XD
Goku's powerlevel/5

Aug 22, 2012 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
Des said:

They weren't weak. They had the advantage when Uvo was tranquilized. They got cocky and underestimated the situation. =[]
Aug 22, 2012 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
noonealive said:
Des said:

They weren't weak. They had the advantage when Uvo was tranquilized. They got cocky and underestimated the situation. =[]

He was cocky too so if everyone was serious, they still wouldn't have had an upper hand :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 5:03 PM
Aug 2012
The best episode so far. The animation ws great, the fight was great and the soundtrack was great.

I was afraid it would get low violence level because its displayed in the morning for 13+ children. Thank goodness it didn't.
Aug 22, 2012 7:48 PM

Jan 2012
x5exotic said:
noonealive said:
Des said:

He was cocky too so if everyone was serious, they still wouldn't have had an upper hand :P

Yeah that cockiness almost lead to his demise, hence why the shadow beast had the advantage.....Than shadow beast got cocky...than they became fodder.. =[]
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

53 by Jacktwelve17 »»
1 hour ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.