Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Sword Art Online Episode 7 Discussion

Aug 18, 2012 2:31 PM

Poor Lizbeth... ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Aug 18, 2012 2:33 PM

Niyawa said:
rostern said:
My point was if you get something for free you should appreciate it more, honestly most of the people in here included me are not helping the anime industry.
So, I'm going to ask again, what's your point?
I completely understand that I'm downloading it for free, but what that has to do with the show itself? If it's good- it's good, if it's bad- it's bad, either way you get for free or not that won't change. I simply stated something that bothered me, I quite enjoy this show as well... it's thanks for the novel though.

...Well, technically, you're both thieves. There are places to stream this show legally. But I digress...

I agree with Niyawa. Just because you pay no money for it gives the show a free pass? Just because a show on tv is free to watch, it doesn't make it ok to call it a bad tv show? That's a silly thought.

And oh yeah, great episode btw. I might not like the complainers, but I actually hate the complainers that complain about the complainers. I want this board to be an open discussion, not a "don't like it, then don't watch it" idiotfest

Aug 18, 2012 2:38 PM

plushkin said:
...Well, technically, you're both thieves. There are places to stream this show legally. But I digress...

I agree with Niyawa. Just because you pay no money for it gives the show a free pass? Just because a show on tv is free to watch, it doesn't make it ok to call it a bad tv show? That's a silly thought.
Thanks for the +1, still... I'm poor, It can't be helped. But I swear one day I'll do things the right way, need to get some income first though.

Aug 18, 2012 2:39 PM

Dropped.
english isn't my native language...

Aug 18, 2012 2:43 PM

By far the best episode since ep. 1. I've always liked this side story better than the rest (by contrast, I personally don't think Sirica deserved any screen time) and I'm glad they stretched an entire episode instead of rushing it. Finally the main story will start next episode.

plushkin said:

And oh yeah, great episode btw. I might not like the complainers, but I actually hate the complainers that complain about the complainers. I want this board to be an open discussion, not a "don't like it, then don't watch it" idiotfest

Fair enough, but by your logic if you advocate open discussion, then those who complain about the complainers also have to be included in the forum of opinion.

Imo, it's stupid for people to come on MAL and throw down some post where they declare they'll drop a series. Some of them then come back the next episode discussion and complain about the exact same things. I guess kids always desire public approval for their rebuke of something.

Aug 18, 2012 2:48 PM

Nasty001 said:
I guess officially speaking Kirito now has a harem.

No there be no harems!
mixordia said:
Dropped.

cannot handle an awesome series

Aug 18, 2012 2:49 PM

sbg711 said:
It might me better if you put this way.

Aug 18, 2012 2:50 PM
I gave this a 4 out of 5.
It was a good episode.
I am a bit disappointed with the progress though. We are at the 7th episode already and half of the episodes from a certain point of view could be seen as fillers. We haven't seen any of the SAO world or the fights on the frontlines or the guilds or even Asuna.

Aug 18, 2012 2:53 PM

Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:
It might me better if you put this way.

well now you ruined it

Aug 18, 2012 2:57 PM

FINALLY an episode that doesn't make me wanna gouge out my eyes :D

1. they didn't cut out the good parts from the LN
2. it didn't feel rushed
3. They never downgraded liz's character with shitty ecchi fanservice like silica
4. They got in all the main points and all the important parts from the LN
5. THAT CUTE ENDART DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY?

seriously, they adapted this well, they even included all the funny parts from the LN, lolz kirito wall running and breaking liz's sword,

literally he walked right in there broke her prized sword, insulted her, teased her and then ended up going dragon hunting XD

im soo glad they adapted this well, i was seriously worried after seeing what they did to silica

this marks the end of the sidestories (well except YUI) and the start of the mainstory, all the pieces are finally in place , the timeskips are over, time to finally see this anime's true worth and whether its a godly like the LN or just another failure

Mod Edit: Removed reaction images.
Modified by Luna, Aug 22, 2012 1:05 AM

Aug 18, 2012 3:02 PM

kamikaze_1996 said:
this marks the end of the sidestories (well except YUI) and the start of the mainstory, all the pieces are finally in place , the timeskips are over, time to finally see this anime's true worth and whether its a godly like the LN or just another failure
Is it truly godly like everyone and the sales say it is? I'm still on-hold at vol.1 for now, I admit it's quite intriguing.
sbg711 said:
well now you ruined it
Please enlighten me.

Aug 18, 2012 3:06 PM

Fiji said:
Liz fell in love with just one episode? Sweet.

Well, I didn't find it sweet. It was a lot rushed IMO.

To be honest, I think SAO is a waste of potential. Most of the episodes were good isolately, but in a sequence they're making a terrible progression. Character development feels wrecked.

Hoping it get better when the real plot begins, but I'm not with high hopes for that.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

Aug 18, 2012 3:08 PM

Niyawa said:
Please enlighten me.

I never implied that I've read the LN nor that whatever I'm saying is my wishful thinking or fact. So the blame's on you for spoiling it.

Aug 18, 2012 3:11 PM
Liz and Kirito were adorable that episode, until the ending. I'm hoping we'll get to see her more in future episodes, might be my favorite character 8).

Overall this was one of the better episodes out there and I loved the idea of the sword being made from dragon poop, lol.

Aug 18, 2012 3:11 PM

-MgZ_ said:
Just finish watching the episode. I feel like doing a 1000000000000000000000 words of rant right now. Wait wait, I'll edit this post in a bit. Let me sob, get angry, and throw tables first.

---------------

Fuck it. I sounded like a bullshit.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tag

I thought that it was already established that if he had showed 'that' this episode, then it would ruin the 'surprise' later on.

Aug 18, 2012 3:13 PM
Who would ever cry over this show...
It's nearly as bad """""""""""love""""""" story as Twilight.

Aug 18, 2012 3:13 PM

At last a good episode
Love Lizbeth
Idk why people complain about the dragon CG, it doesn't look bad imo

Aug 18, 2012 3:14 PM

kamikaze_1996 said:

Agreed. I guess the only complaint I would have is that Kirito suffers from a conventional ACG main character issue: he shifts noticeably being with one person to another. Sure, he's supposed to be calm and reliable in all instances, but there's a definitive change between him saying boneheaded things to Asuna and him deliberately making fun of Lizbeth.

Sure, Lizbeth could've fallen too quickly for Kirito (a flaw that the LN has as well), but this wasn't meant to be a totally natural romance. SAO is not a harem work after all.

Aug 18, 2012 3:17 PM

NNick said:

Why you still watch it and post here? hahaha
I hope you'll stick with us at least until the main story begin to take form, ok?

Ajunky said:
I did a quick review and noticed something weird. Asuna had an "appointment" the 24, but the 25 Kirito said it had been two days since he last met Asuna... So...

Who was she meeting that had her so flustered? >_>

In the light novel, it was noon of the next day when Kirito visited Liz's shop.

Vizi_Reality said:
NNick said:

Why you still watch it and post here? hahaha
I hope you'll stick with us at least until the main story begin to take form, ok?

It also boggles my mind, i do not know.

Aug 18, 2012 3:18 PM

Niyawa said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Is it truly godly like everyone and the sales say it is? I'm still on-hold at vol.1 for now, I admit it's quite intriguing.

no point hearing my biased opinion, ofcourse ill say yes and almost everyother LN reader would say yes aswell

so think of it this way, it was ranked 10/11 before and now that the anime has been released the ranking increased to 4/5 and is now rated the best Light Novel in MAL, if it wasn't good why would the ratings increase

Aug 18, 2012 3:18 PM

tezann_t said:
By far the best episode since ep. 1. I've always liked this side story better than the rest (by contrast, I personally don't think Sirica deserved any screen time) and I'm glad they stretched an entire episode instead of rushing it. Finally the main story will start next episode.

plushkin said:

Fair enough, but by your logic if you advocate open discussion, then those who complain about the complainers also have to be included in the forum of opinion.

Imo, it's stupid for people to come on MAL and throw down some post where they declare they'll drop a series. Some of them then come back the next episode discussion and complain about the exact same things. I guess kids always desire public approval for their rebuke of something.

Oh, yea, totally. Whether you agree or disagree, you have to back up your statements. You have to be willing to listen to counterarguments. Going "LOL it sucks" is just trolling, you should know that. Going "you should just drop this show and gtfo" is also just as stupid. It's sad that we see better discussions on smaller, lesser known blog sites than on here. Opinions here are too homogenized to offer anything more to talk about.

Aug 18, 2012 3:19 PM
MAL reviews/ratings are bad. Just sayin.

Aug 18, 2012 3:21 PM
people are just really ridiculous who just watch a "hyped" series because they feel forced to and tend to dislike it and need to compensate their frustration by bashing on the irrelevant facts...
i overall enjoyed this week's episode like any other so far and it's obviously one of the best shows to come out recently, 4/5 from me thus far.
( regarding the complaints of the CG dragon, is such a phenomenon in a GAME like SAO that rare? )

Aug 18, 2012 3:22 PM

NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

Aug 18, 2012 3:24 PM

NNick said:

how the heck are they bad? -__-

Aug 18, 2012 3:24 PM

-MgZ_ said:
Just finish watching the episode. I feel like doing a 1000000000000000000000 words of rant right now. Wait wait, I'll edit this post in a bit. Let me sob, get angry, and throw tables first.

---------------

Fuck it. I sounded like a bullshit.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tag

you have to think of how awesome the
is. For me, when i read the LN i already knew why he wanted a sword from Liz so i wasnt really excited when he showed Liz, but in the show if he showed it right now in episode 7, it wouldnt be so cool in a couple of episodes would it?
Modified by jBui, Aug 18, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 18, 2012 3:25 PM

sbg711 said:
I never implied that I've read the LN nor that whatever I'm saying is my wishful thinking or fact. So the blame's on you for spoiling it.
Oh, I'm really sorry then, I misunderstood your post. My apologies for spoiling it.
tezann_t said:
Agreed. I guess the only complaint I would have is that Kirito suffers from a conventional ACG main character issue: he shifts noticeably being with one person to another. Sure, he's supposed to be calm and reliable in all instances, but there's a definitive change between him saying boneheaded things to Asuna and him deliberately making fun of Lizbeth.

Sure, Lizbeth could've fallen too quickly for Kirito (a flaw that the LN has as well), but this wasn't meant to be a totally natural romance. SAO is not a harem work after all.
Well, that was the situation to blame, I mean, the way they put those 7 episodes were more of filler than actual necessary story, so while Kirito was acting in a way in some episodes, he was going to be different in others since the time gap between those situations were quite large I believe.
From what I've read Lizbeth seems more like in a "generic girl crush" than actual love.

Aug 18, 2012 3:26 PM
sbg711 said:
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

For what?

Aug 18, 2012 3:26 PM

sbg711 said:
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

he is, try not to mind it, he's just a troll passing by who dislikes romance to the point of hating it

Aug 18, 2012 3:27 PM

NNick said:
sbg711 said:
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

For what?

For $5.... how should I know?! You tell us!

Aug 18, 2012 3:30 PM
kamikaze_1996 said:

he is, try not to mind it, he's just a troll passing by who dislikes romance to the point of hating it

*Looks at signature*
You're definitely into it though.

Aug 18, 2012 3:31 PM

NNick said:
You seem like these type of guys.
kamikaze_1996 said:
no point hearing my biased opinion, ofcourse ill say yes and almost everyother LN reader would say yes aswell

so think of it this way, it was ranked 10/11 before and now that the anime has been released the ranking increased to 4/5 and is now rated the best Light Novel in MAL, if it wasn't good why would the ratings increase
I see, well it's like I said before, it's quite intriguing, but the MAL Rating thing wasn't necessary. Thanks anyway.

Aug 18, 2012 3:37 PM

Enjoyed this episode even more, because it wasn't that different from the LN! Good job!
The romance part kind of felt rushed though. She suddenly declares her love after holding hands. Would've wanted some more depth in that holding hand scene.

Aug 18, 2012 3:43 PM

kamikaze_1996 said:

2. it didn't feel rushed

I disagree with you for the first time =(

Obstinate said:

I thought that it was already established that if he had showed 'that' this episode, then it would ruin the 'surprise' later on.

jbui93 said:

you have to think of how awesome the
is. For me, when i read the LN i already knew why he wanted a sword from Liz so i wasnt really excited when he showed Liz, but in the show if he showed it right now in episode 7, it wouldnt be so cool in a couple of episodes would it?

I think of it as like this:

On the other hand, they still skipped a good chunk of comedy and romance in this chapter. Which is actually what I wanted to see. And also the part when Liz and Kirito were falling, Kirito was supposed to do a badass move to slow down their fall but they just skipped it.... .. .. ..

Niyawa said:
NNick said:

^LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Aug 18, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 18, 2012 3:49 PM
there is 1 thing I dislike when watching SAO...
knowing that i have to wait another week for another episode <.<

Aug 18, 2012 3:53 PM

This was actually a pretty good episode. Didn't feel rushed at all.

Aug 18, 2012 3:56 PM
Woman's intuition is SCAAAAAARY!!!!
i think i should give up! compared to other animes this anime is almost a let down.it is good but not living up to its reputation.I mean if the first 1/3 of the series is nothing but a plot less introduction then i can't help but reduce 3 points out of 10.bear with me.

Well at least the side stores are finished.... I'm just hoping that they won't do the same with the main story T.T

Niyawa said:
NNick said:

You made my day. :')
Haters gonna hate. But next week, we're going into volume 1, great !

Aug 18, 2012 3:57 PM

So we have Inori Yuzuriha make an appearance today. As soon as she spoke I realized it's Ferris Eris voice.

Anyways I just have a question...Liz was looking at a picture of her as a child in the beginning...does that mean they were in the game for like 6 or 7 years and that they can age in the game?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

Aug 18, 2012 4:03 PM

Totally Shipping Kirito X Rika

Even it's Impossible.

Aug 18, 2012 4:04 PM

Wow, the CG dragon was bad. Also, am I the only one who felt a little bad for Rika when she figured out Asuna likes Kirto?

Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM

Great episode!

Question:

Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 18, 2012 4:07 PM
it was a good episode just tat it felt asuna didnt have any time in the episode she is the main character but so far she seems like a side character

Aug 18, 2012 4:08 PM

Niyawa said:
Well, that was the situation to blame, I mean, the way they put those 7 episodes were more of filler than actual necessary story, so while Kirito was acting in a way in some episodes, he was going to be different in others since the time gap between those situations were quite large I believe.

I'm not sure if you've read the LN, but I think this is how they have to direct the series. They have three choices: 1) don't include the side stories, 2) put the side episodes later on just as the LN had, or 3) come up with some chronology with the author's blessing. The first route would've had the fans raging all over. The second route would've created a huge gap between the first and second arc and confused everyone. I know it makes no sense now, but I still believe people will see more sense of it once the series finished.

Zombiekop said:
Enjoyed this episode even more, because it wasn't that different from the LN! Good job!
The romance part kind of felt rushed though. She suddenly declares her love after holding hands. Would've wanted some more depth in that holding hand scene.

I think the author in the LN tried to make an implicit play at the suspension bridge effect. Basically, when you're emotionally aroused you may falsely attribute that arousal to feelings of affection toward someone in your proximity. The anime didn't do a great job at this (when they fell, I'm sure they could've spent 30 more seconds creating that scene where Kirito used sword skills to break the fall), but I think it makes sense. You have this guy who absolutely pisses you off, you go on a singular quest with him to find a mystery ingredient, he's a total badass in battle, and he just saved your life risking his own. He's kind of weird, but you've never met someone like this. These are all things we don't necessarily think about when the episode went through, but in real life, crushes have happened for less.

Aug 18, 2012 4:08 PM

NNick said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

*Looks at signature*
You're definitely into it though.

yea and what? im not alone, i see Mgz has something similar

-MgZ_ said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

2. it didn't feel rushed

I disagree with you for the first time =(

really? dam, i thought in this forum everyone practically disagreed with what i said, i never knew people actually read my comments XD

your right, let me rephrase that
1.it didn't cut out most of the good parts
2.it didn't feel too rushed

i agree that they missed some epic moments like when kirito used his sword to slow down their momentum when they fell, but they still got the main point of him using his own body to take the brunt of the fall

also they changed his line when he smashed her prized sword, he was supposed to say
"If it's a sword that would break so easily then it's useless, if that happens I'll deal with it", but those are all minor things, it still worked well in the end

as for the romance part, it was fairly balanced with the plot and story, its reasonable why they couldn't include all the comedic/romance moments when they are doing it in one episode also they did a good job at presenting it, there would be no point going ott say for instance like with silica in ep.4 <_<

Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »