Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
 
Aug 20, 2012 9:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 91
suicdewinner said:
i think its the calm before the storm atm...
lol, considering all this to be the calm. I don't want to imagine the storm... Here's hoping that it just turns out to be cloud cover. xP
Modified by Idle_Observer, Aug 20, 2012 9:57 PM
 
Aug 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Uberchu said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
im not gonna bother going into detail as to why kirito isn't a gary stu and that SAO isn't a harem series, i don't want to ruin the show for you


Well, the side stories certainly make it seem like he is (excluding episode 3, it seems like he's just cruising his way through). We'll see how the main story turns out. And it certainly seems like a harem series for the uninformed (I already know who wins, so I don't care about this one). My main complaint about his "harem" is that it seems strange that SAO, a game bought by pretty much only the most hardcore of gamers, would have so many pretty girls.

kamikaze_1996 said:
it was just as simple as that then it would be ranked much, much lower, campione is a good example of this, even though it had a good LN fanbase, shitty anime was shitty and fell accordingly


Eh, Campione's main problem was that it was insanely rushed. If it just followed the light novel Fate/Zero style people would rate it higher.

also when i meant balanced, i also meant stable, it doesn't seem to be decreasing as much as before and has stopped


Really? I thought it only decreased by only a few hundredths of a point. iirc it started at 8.7 or something.

another thing is, is that our opinion doesn't matter, although you say it deserves a 7-8, the majority believe its a 9-10 regardless of what we say


The short stories definitely deserved a 7-8. We'll see about the main story.

i for one believe its an 8.25/10 so far, but im not gonna rate it until i see how good they animate the mainstory which essentially contains all the good parts


Thanks for not rating an anime before it's done.

not gonna say anything about future material....must...resist...urge...

but im just gonna say that saying he has a harem is overrated and saying he is a gary stu is garystupid

first of all, go to the thread regarding that girl thing, you don't realise that 9/10 are boys, meaning their are a thousand girls, at least a couple hundred have to be pretty, silica is more the cute kind and so is lizbet, asuna is the only character introduced that is regarded as pretty and beautiful

episode 3 is one reason why he isn't a gary stu, (resorted to extremely dangerous methods to lvl up, never became high levelled so easily) but it doesn't just apply to that time frame, he is still a solo on the frontlines, which is dangerous in itself

campione was rushed with no justice, SAO is much more complicated than campione, it is told in a non-linear way and has part 1+2 volumes meaning vol.3 CANNOT be animated without volume 4, their way of doing things chronologically was the right idea so that it can have climactic endings, also it was simply the fact that vol.1+2 might not be enough for 25 episodes so they had to cram in the content from 3+4 by rushing the sidestories

i was talking about the rank, although only 100ths of the rating fell, the ranking decreased by 10+ then around 5 then 2, i was trying to say its become less jumpy than before

again whether or not you liked the sidestories is opinion based, fact is, the majority gave it 9s and 10s
 
Aug 20, 2012 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Mikasa said:
If you don't stop this crossed-out word crap I'll go blind


you can go blind for all i care
 
Aug 20, 2012 10:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3648
kamikaze_1996 said:


Let me rephrase that because we can go on all day about statistical differences.
It is overrated because people are dumping 10/10's before even watching the whole thing.

kamikaze_1996 said:
i think its slightly overrated because so many people voted on the first episode without even waiting for the halfway mark

Glad that we are finally on the same page.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
Aug 20, 2012 11:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
BloodRequiem said:
kamikaze_1996 said:


Let me rephrase that because we can go on all day about statistical differences.
It is overrated because people are dumping 10/10's before even watching the whole thing.

kamikaze_1996 said:
i think its slightly overrated because so many people voted on the first episode without even waiting for the halfway mark

Glad that we are finally on the same page.


like i said, i only wanted to prove that it wasn't overrated before it aired and that what you said was a false statement, nothing more, nothing less
 
Aug 21, 2012 5:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1803
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.

make him the president
 
Aug 21, 2012 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
same face syndrome, blame the character designer.
slide-show-animation, blame the animator.
bad contents in each episode, blame the director.
fail as an adaption, blame the producer.
 
Aug 21, 2012 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 6077
Overrated, blame MAL xD

 
Aug 21, 2012 6:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
I believe right now it is explaining the story and the true situation the characters are in. It's also starting the beginning relationship between Kirito and Asuna. This anime was made to show us how it would be if it actually happened. I think too many people just want to see more fighting and when they get to the actually story, they call it trash because there are no fights to be found. This is just my opinion though.
 
Aug 21, 2012 9:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1517
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.

 
Aug 21, 2012 10:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 320
Deziah said:
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.



Perfect, simply perfect description.

 
Aug 21, 2012 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5402
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.


It was a pleasure reading this post. Too bad fanboys like kamikaze_1996 will ignore it.
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Aug 21, 2012 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 218
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.


 
Aug 21, 2012 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
NNick said:
Deziah said:
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.



Perfect, simply perfect description.



"All that crawling"
 
Aug 21, 2012 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1109
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.


You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
 
Aug 21, 2012 4:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 320
ihateeveryone said:
NNick said:
Deziah said:
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.



Perfect, simply perfect description.



"All that crawling"


 
Aug 21, 2012 6:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 412
NNick said:
ihateeveryone said:
NNick said:
Deziah said:
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.



Perfect, simply perfect description.



"All that crawling"




It really seems like people are here to nitpick for attention.
 
Aug 21, 2012 6:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
Dessiato said:
NNick said:
ihateeveryone said:
NNick said:
Deziah said:
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.



Perfect, simply perfect description.



"All that crawling"




It really seems like people are here to nitpick for attention.


We do it because it's fun.
 
Aug 21, 2012 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Nidhoeggr said:
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.


It was a pleasure reading this post. Too bad fanboys like kamikaze_1996 will ignore it.


did someone call? -_________-

and im not a fanboy, i just point out flaws in peoples arguments and correct them, just like i did with you on previous threads, i don't like the anime overall and i hate the way they introduced sachi in 10 minutes only to kill her but i can understand why they did that because of time constraints, i just try to enjoy the anime for what it is instead of comparing it to its LN parent

how you doing Nidhoeggr? are you still butthurt about beserk and kirito becoming a black swordsman, i actually somewhat enjoyed arguing with you, but your arguments became flawed

i remember you saying stuff similar to this poster, shall i rip it apart like i did with yours?
 
Aug 21, 2012 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 406
Pretty much all I got from this thread is that opinions = buttholes.
 
Aug 21, 2012 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
KurouKuriko said:
Kirito is an obnoxious overpowered angsty Gary Stu self-insert for the author, who was 15 when he started writing it. He wears an edgy black cloak and is the only one in the game that can use a special skill. He is so perfect that he can predict a bullet's path by looking at the shooter's eyes, and then SLICE IT IN HALF. Asuna is his perfect pure glop glop waifu who is the second best player in the game even though she's never played one before. Kirito meets tons of females despite there supposedly being very few in the game. And all of them become one-dimensional eye candy for his harem.

The pacing is abysmal. Am I to believe they got to floor 74 in the second chapter of the LNs (even if we disregard the LNs, the episodes have barely any continuity)? Am I to feel sad for a character that had 10 minutes of screentime, next to no personality, and then kicked the bucket in the most fanfiction-esque death? "Thank you"? Seriously? She didn't even do anything to enhance the plot.

The backgrounds are beautiful and the music is nice, but the animation in the battles are close to slideshow-level. Every character under the age of 20 has the same face.

I really want to drop it but I'm too invested to stop now. It's too fun to hate on. All that CRAWLING.


you know what, fuck it, ill rip it apart anyway >:D

first of all reki is in his mid 30s right now (no specified age), the first novel was released around 3 years ago and the prototype was written 9 years ago by my count, saying that he wrote when he was 15 is entirely wrong

secondly, he isn't the only one with a special skill, *cough* heathcliff
also you don't understand how special skills work, special skills are given to players who fulfilled a certain requirement, kirito trained hard in the front lines and fought so much that he ended up inadvertently trained his reaction speed, his special skill was awarded to him for having the fastest reaction speed, he was surprised as anyone else

another example is kleins katana skill however there are a minority who also have that

because he trained his trained his reaction speed for two straight years, he became able to dodge bullets and intercept them in GGO, it wasn't an asspull nor does it make him a gary stu

he even admits zekken has faster reaction speeds than him and that if zekken was in SAO he wouldn't be the one who was awarded dual blades, but thats only because zekken is a special case (lived much, much longer in the virtual world)

calling him a gary stu has no bases aswell for reasons ive just said, he has lost fights and although he may seem strong in the gaming world, he is weak and fragile in the real world

saying asuna is the second best player is false, especially when heathcliff is around, she was actually a total noob at the start (didn't know how the game works, could only activate one skill) and almost died but she became more knowledgeable after she joined KoB

the pacing is the only thing in your argument that has some bases, but even then, the only reason why it was rushed was because of time constraints and it was done in chronological order because the non-linear simply wouldn't work well, so although the episodes lack continuity, its understandable why

everything else you say is opinion orientated

seriously, have the haters been downgraded so much that they come up with false arguments such as these

what im trying to say is, you can dislike the show but don't put in false points such as "kirito is the only one with a special skill" when thats clearly wrong
 
Aug 21, 2012 8:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15983
You know kamikaze, if the series is good it does not need you to defend it. There is no need to be a degrading to everyone who posts their views.You even do it on the episode discussion thread. They are not going to supplement their own views with yours nor are they posting to affect everyone.

Unless you are the writer of the series, you need to relax a little. So people do not love what you love, it is called life.

Please, go be a crazy fan elsewhere. Let others speak.

I will get off my soapbox now.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
 
Aug 21, 2012 8:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 264
It's only overrated if you think its overrated. Since this series seems to be pretty popular, I guess its not overrated among most anime fans. As for me, it looked promising at first but now its only alright, at least for now.

Kirito's "overpoweredness" would had been annoying except that I assumed that he is ridiculously higher level and geared compared to the monster that they are fighting, which makes it okay for me especially since its IS LIKE THAT in most real MMORPG. It also seems to be exactly what the story is saying, "He is is extremely high leveled."

The protag of most stories of this nature (especially of the harem sort) are author or audience avatars to some degree. I much prefer the author authors since audience avatars are usually so worthless that you ask: "Why are you even here?"

Also, don't be happy that you found "faults" within a series, I can probably find just as many within your favorite series or whatever it is you like.
Modified by Bobjones, Aug 21, 2012 8:49 PM
 
Aug 21, 2012 8:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 6079
Someone isn't accepting that its just good... >.>

And it also started, so of course we don't know the actual final ratings when the anime is going to be completed.
It simply means that a lot of people are really enjoying it at the moment.

And your taste is different, is all.
 
Aug 21, 2012 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Suzune-chan said:
You know kamikaze, if the series is good it does not need you to defend it. There is no need to be a degrading to everyone who posts their views.You even do it on the episode discussion thread. They are not going to supplement their own views with yours nor are they posting to affect everyone.

Unless you are the writer of the series, you need to relax a little. So people do not love what you love, it is called life.

Please, go be a crazy fan elsewhere. Let others speak.

I will get off my soapbox now.

first asada and now its you?

im not even posting my views, just stating the facts, no opinion there except the last line

no way im gonna stop, its fun breaking apart people's argument full of false statements and then getting posts from people full of hate, its just so laughable pissing off the haters and getting serious reactions out of them

i don't care if they like this show, they can hate it if they want to but like i said, they could at least come up with proper arguments instead of throwing in lies
 
Aug 21, 2012 9:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 295
Suzune-chan said:
You know kamikaze, if the series is good it does not need you to defend it. There is no need to be a degrading to everyone who posts their views.You even do it on the episode discussion thread. They are not going to supplement their own views with yours nor are they posting to affect everyone.

Unless you are the writer of the series, you need to relax a little. So people do not love what you love, it is called life.

Please, go be a crazy fan elsewhere. Let others speak.

I will get off my soapbox now.
What this fine fellow said. Like I said nigga, the two of us really need to watch Boku no Pico together.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
 
Aug 21, 2012 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15983
Kamikaze,
So what is a lie. Having an opinion means throwing lies. You back things up with facts, facts based on the light novels. An anime series, should not need supplement material to enjoy it. The fact you have to back it up with facts from the light novel proves there are holes in it. However, I did not comment on my post about the series, I merely commented on your behavior on this topics.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
 
Aug 21, 2012 10:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Suzune-chan said:
Kamikaze,
So what is a lie. Having an opinion means throwing lies. You back things up with facts, facts based on the light novels. An anime series, should not need supplement material to enjoy it. The fact you have to back it up with facts from the light novel proves there are holes in it. However, I did not comment on my post about the series, I merely commented on your behavior on this topics.


a false statement

e.g. kirito is the only one with a special skill-total lie/false statement

its not facts from the LN but from the whole anime/LN series itself

in actual fact the haters themselves use future material that HASN'T even appeared in the anime to bash the characters and the anime itself

why the hell do you even care about what i do or not? if i enjoy pointing out the flaws in peoples arguments and seeing their reaction then thats none of your concern

FailAtLife said:
Like I said nigga, the two of us really need to watch Boku no Pico together.


*inhales* BWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHWHAHWHAHWHHARDHAHRHEHAHEHAHEHRHAHAHAHA

sorry man, i heard that the whole series is hilarious and all but i draw the line at Yaoi xD
 
Aug 21, 2012 10:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15983
Kamikaze
Sorry I do not want to quote you because it make the page so long.

Your right I do not have to care about you. However, I hoped that if I asked nicely for you to back down the you would allow for some actual discussion to happen on these topics. You step in an ravage everyone which kills the need for anyone to post because no one can discuss anything. Who cares if someone hates your precious anime let them talk about why they hate it without slamming them. It is juvenile. You attitude bothers me and I hate that the only thing on these topics is someone saying something and you slamming them.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
 
Aug 21, 2012 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
That's what I have been telling him ... I actually want to see other people opinion, how they feel about the show, but most of the time it turned out to be his comment with long quotation, double post ...

I don't want to report him as a spammer in this thread so i will bear with him for now :).
 
Aug 21, 2012 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Suzune-chan said:
Kamikaze
Sorry I do not want to quote you because it make the page so long.

Your right I do not have to care about you. However, I hoped that if I asked nicely for you to back down the you would allow for some actual discussion to happen on these topics. You step in an ravage everyone which kills the need for anyone to post because no one can discuss anything. Who cares if someone hates your precious anime let them talk about why they hate it without slamming them. It is juvenile. You attitude bothers me and I hate that the only thing on these topics is someone saying something and you slamming them.


i feed on your hatred ;) xD

its not like you could discuss anything here anyway suzune-chan~

its already turned into a flame war with fans/haters/trolls suzune-chan~

even with the episode discussions after the first 15 pages people don't discuss much and it begins to fill with negativity suzune-chan~

and your mistaken suzune-chan~ i don't like this anime much

its just fun bashing the haters suzune-chan~

im just being a fake trolling fan suzune-chan~

i love your name suzune-chan~ xDDD
 
Aug 21, 2012 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 101
KAMIKAZE, although your right most of the time, you've now turned into a huge troll where your being completely inconsiderate to others and your being right for the wrong reasons instead of being right for the right reasons

like i said once before, its like your going up religious believers and saying to them "mwahahahahahaha, god doesn't exist bitches, thats a FACT!"

even if your right, its completely evil, let them follow their beliefs even if its wrong

although its funny how your trolling the haters and fans alike (how is that even possible?), its really mean, why are you purposely turning everyone against you and purposely pissing EVERYONE off?
and don't deny it, your clearly doing it from what ive seen
 
Aug 21, 2012 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
AsadaShino said:
KAMIKAZE, although your right most of the time, you've now turned into a huge troll where your being completely inconsiderate to others and your being right for the wrong reasons instead of being right for the right reasons

like i said once before, its like your going up religious believers and saying to them "mwahahahahahaha, god doesn't exist bitches, thats a FACT!"

even if your right, its completely evil, let them follow their beliefs even if its wrong

although its funny how your trolling the haters and fans alike (how is that even possible?), its really mean, why are you purposely turning everyone against you and purposely pissing EVERYONE off?
and don't deny it, your clearly doing it from what ive seen


like i said once before, im an evil person, i don't care, im just having a laugh

and if im making people laugh by trolling i don't see how im being evil when im bringing in comedy to all these stupid pessimistic threads

LITERALLY, this kind of thread will only bring negativity to it, although overrated isn't bad, people will put it in a bad way and make it negative

even in the episode discussion threads after everyone has voiced their opinion, it eventually becomes a flame war after 15-20 pages where it just fills up with negativity

THERE SHOULD BE MORE JOKES AND LOLZ IN THIS STUPIDLY SERIOUS FORUM

and im not turning everyone against me, what makes you say that?
 
Aug 21, 2012 11:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 101
kamikaze_1996 said:
AsadaShino said:
KAMIKAZE, although your right most of the time, you've now turned into a huge troll where your being completely inconsiderate to others and your being right for the wrong reasons instead of being right for the right reasons

like i said once before, its like your going up religious believers and saying to them "mwahahahahahaha, god doesn't exist bitches, thats a FACT!"

even if your right, its completely evil, let them follow their beliefs even if its wrong

although its funny how your trolling the haters and fans alike (how is that even possible?), its really mean, why are you purposely turning everyone against you and purposely pissing EVERYONE off?
and don't deny it, your clearly doing it from what ive seen


like i said once before, im an evil person, i don't care, im just having a laugh

and if im making people laugh by trolling i don't see how im being evil when im bringing in comedy to all these stupid pessimistic threads

LITERALLY, this kind of thread will only bring negativity to it, although overrated isn't bad, people will put it in a bad way and make it negative

even in the episode discussion threads after everyone has voiced their opinion, it eventually becomes a flame war after 15-20 pages where it just fills up with negativity

THERE SHOULD BE MORE JOKES AND LOLZ IN THIS STUPIDLY SERIOUS FORUM

and im not turning everyone against me, what makes you say that?


are you kidding me!? in every episode thread, it's literally YOU vs HATERS, now in recent threads its YOU vs EVERYONEELSE

although i agree that there should be more lolz in this overly serious forum, your not helping by pissing everyone off

are you trying to pull off a lelouch or something?

youve lost it
 
Aug 21, 2012 11:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
AsadaShino said:


are you kidding me!? in every episode thread, it's literally YOU vs HATERS, now in recent threads its YOU vs EVERYONEELSE

although i agree that there should be more lolz in this overly serious forum, your not helping by pissing everyone off

are you trying to pull off a lelouch or something?

youve lost it


what, you mean making everyone hate you thus ending the pointless wars?

lolz thars a great way to put it xD though i doubt it will be as epic as lelouche did it <_<

maybe i have lost it, after all, ive turned into a troll looking for something funny to do

im just making comedy in this forum in my own way, thats all
 
Aug 22, 2012 12:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 174
Well from the gist of reading this thread, I get that people have their problems with the series, but no one is gonna drop this series. What does that say?
I mean if it truly was a bad series you drop it, the hype was a little over the top, but it delivered with the art, and fight scenes, though not enough fight scenes.
Honestly, I am a fan of the series and always will be, but people complaining about Kirito being overpowered, I think it is better than the hundreds of weak to strong protagonist animes that are all over the place, or cowardly to brave protagonists, or even the super pervert protagonists. I prefer a super powered badass cause that just means he'll have even cooler fights.
 
Aug 22, 2012 12:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 335
dim100 said:
Well from the gist of reading this thread, I get that people have their problems with the series, but no one is gonna drop this series. What does that say?


SAO is the next Steins;Gate (good) or Guilty Crown (bad). I read Volume 1 today, and while I thought it was pretty good, it deserved nowhere near the hype given to it.

I mean if it truly was a bad series you drop it, the hype was a little over the top, but it delivered with the art, and fight scenes, though not enough fight scenes.


I agree with you that the art is nice, but the fight scenes all end with Kirito curbstomping everyone (excluding episode 2, which he still won anyways).

Honestly, I am a fan of the series and always will be, but people complaining about Kirito being overpowered, I think it is better than the hundreds of weak to strong protagonist animes that are all over the place, or cowardly to brave protagonists, or even the super pervert protagonists. I prefer a super powered badass cause that just means he'll have even cooler fights.


People are really only complaining that Kirito has the personality of a potato (after reading Volume 1, I won't go so far as to say that, but I still think he's a bit...bland). Hagure Yuusha no Estica is an example of an overpowered main character done right.
 
Aug 22, 2012 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
Lol guess I'm not the only one who finished Guilty Crown even though that show was just an average show. I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy Guilty Crown because it was bad. Forget about the plot, only the art/music is addictive enough.

The same applies for SAO.
 
Aug 22, 2012 2:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
Guilty crown was awful imo it kept on fluctuating, it was good then bad then very bad then very good and then awful at the end

shu got screwed over, like really hard at the end and i DO NOT consider the ending happy whatsoever, its a good example of how a hero can get fucked over soo hard and receive the worst possible ending even after his efforts

but people were really critical about it, its OST/artwork alone made it better than most of the shit ive seen in the 500+ rank and it still had its good parts regardless of the bad ending

although i wouldn't say the OST/ART is better than GC, it still good enough to be rated high from what ive seen, i thought the artwork was gonna be crap from what i saw from the PV but it was better than i thought
 
Aug 22, 2012 2:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 320
Enjoying the show. It's hilarious.
By show i mean Fangirls desperately defending SAO.
___________
Art and OSTs are better in GC, everything else though is utter _____.
 
Aug 22, 2012 2:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1803
I bought popcorn so don't stop now please
 
Aug 22, 2012 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 134
its the type of anime i like yeah pretty from my point of view
"You're making too much of me. All I am these days, is the poor owner of a small time candy store."-Kisuke Urahara
 
Aug 22, 2012 3:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1812
If we are talking about "overrated" shows, how about Little Busters, who already has 43 favourites with zero episodes aired, just saying, this happens with every overhyped anime, people get way too excited over novels and immediately assume it will the best thing ever, only to be disappointed in the end because of an average adaptation. Believe me, once SAO's status has finished airing, all of the biased ratings will be gone, and it will have total rating of high in the 7 or low in the 8.

EDIT: Also, lols at Kamikaze trying to put positivity in this thread, like that is going to happen, that is like making a joke in the Guilty Crown forum that everything Shu has done was the right decision, it'll only stir up more hate.
Modified by Karpman, Aug 22, 2012 6:42 AM
 
Aug 22, 2012 3:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3648
Karpman said:
If we are talking about "overrated" shows, how about Little Busters, who already has 43 favourites with zero episodes aired, just saying, this happens with every overhyped anime, people get way too excited over novels and immediately assume it will the best thing ever, only to be disappointed in the end because of an average adaptation. Believe me, once SAO's status has finished airing, all of the biased ratings will be gone, and it will have total rating of high in the 7 or low in the 8.


And that hype will be crushed when they wake up from their dreams and realize it's JC Staff shitting over their adaptation. The suffering will be delicious.

Almost forgot my YUETSU.jpg

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
Aug 22, 2012 6:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1517
AsadaShino said:
are you trying to pull off a lelouch or something?

WTF does that mean? Lelouch if a fucking BO$$. No one can pull off a "Lelouch".
 
Aug 22, 2012 6:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 101
Deziah said:
AsadaShino said:
are you trying to pull off a lelouch or something?

WTF does that mean? Lelouch if a fucking BO$$. No one can pull off a "Lelouch".


making everyone hate you, thus ending the pointless wars (arguments) by getting everyone to have a common enemy etc.

i was only exaggerating and fooling around, NO-ONE can pull off a lelouch like lelouch can, NOBODY xD
 
Aug 22, 2012 7:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
One does not simply imitate LL ...
 
Aug 22, 2012 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5402
kamikaze_1996 said:
Guilty crown was awful imo it kept on fluctuating, it was good then bad then very bad then very good and then awful at the end

shu got screwed over, like really hard at the end and i DO NOT consider the ending happy whatsoever, its a good example of how a hero can get fucked over soo hard and receive the worst possible ending even after his efforts

but people were really critical about it, its OST/artwork alone made it better than most of the shit ive seen in the 500+ rank and it still had its good parts regardless of the bad ending

although i wouldn't say the OST/ART is better than GC, it still good enough to be rated high from what ive seen, i thought the artwork was gonna be crap from what i saw from the PV but it was better than i thought


Ah, delicious tears. I like how you defend even the biggest plot holes (I wouldn't give an "awful series" a 9, for example) and that you are getting more defensive-aggresive every second these discussions are going on.
Well, I guess I shouldn't expect that much from a 16 year-old: teenagers tend to be a bit radical when it comes down to their tastes - after all identity is partially defined though your interests. It's style over substance in these years and I'm sure you'll laugh about in a decade from now on. But still, you should be a bit more tolerant. While I might express my opinions in a vulgar way, I always try to be aware of the flaws my arguments hold and don't drag out discussions that i know won't end with a significant progress being made. Just chill a bit more. Or don't, because these "discussions" are way more fun than SAO, currently.

Btw: Just try to rip apart some of the shows I like. It'll be amusing to see you hating on Porco Rosso, Jin-Roh, GitS, Monster and Michiko To Hatchin.
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Aug 22, 2012 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1943
Vforvendetta said:
One does not simply imitate LL ...
I've seen some badass comments about him, I guess I should watch Code Geass.
 
Aug 22, 2012 8:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1517
Niyawa said:
Vforvendetta said:
One does not simply imitate LL ...
I've seen some badass comments about him, I guess I should watch Code Geass.

Well, he's the #1 ranked character on MAL for a reason. Lelouch is the boss of all bosses.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »