Forum Settings
Forums

Cast Change in Little Busters Due to Pregnancy of Seiyu Kawaragi Shiho

New
Aug 17, 2012 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
According to the official website, the cast for Nishizono Mio in Little Busters! was announced to be changed from Kawaragi Shiho to Tatsumi Yuiko considering the health of Kawaragi, who recently became pregnant. Kawaragi said she's six months pregnant and the condition of the baby is stable.

Sources: Little Busters official website, Kawaragi's official blog
myanimelistllcMar 5, 2016 11:20 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2012 7:59 AM

Sep 2010
Talk about bad timing.
Well, the most important thing is her delivering a healthy child, so we should all accept it.
Still a pitty though.

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Aug 17, 2012 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
nextday said:
Why would anyone actually be looking forward to this? Ever since JC Staff was announced the news has only gotten worse and worse.

Its Little Busters, so its tough to not be excited. Granted, I don't expect much of it, but at least it should open up the door for KyoAni to fix it in a few years.

Aug 17, 2012 8:11 AM

Feb 2009
The story is long~~~ who knows how they're going to do this. :D
Aug 17, 2012 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
The downfall starts today.

I hope Shiho delivers a healthy baby though, her health takes prescient over the anime although it's a sign of bad things to come for the series.

Aug 17, 2012 8:24 AM

Dec 2011
I don't see any problem here. Both seiyuu received positive reaction from the fans. And don't judge J.C Staff about everything. I watched Toradora, and I can see they did a brilliant job that I rate it 10 :|
Aug 17, 2012 8:33 AM

Oct 2011
Indeed it's downfall of the series.
It's J.C. Staff fault that she got pregnant and values child health more than some cartoon :D

some people are just magical <3

Aug 2011
severely dissapointed.. mio is my favorite character...

no disrespect though, health comes first i guess
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.

Jan 2010
AND IT GETS WORSE

God, this is going to be the biggest trainwreck of the year.
Ok™

Sep 2011
I don't care about Little Busters at all.
Aug 17, 2012 8:38 AM

Jan 2010
Motion_Menace said:
I don't care about Little Busters at all.

So you come and comment on an article about it? Yeah, that makes sense.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Aug 17, 2012 8:39 AM

Feb 2012
Bad timing indeed. Baby comes first though, always!
Aug 17, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2011
Well I hope she has a safe pregnancy.
Shame she won't be playing Mio, but what can you do?
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Aug 17, 2012 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
>replace third rate VA with third rate VA
>pretend it's worse to justify your whining

Really pathetic.

The last time VA's were important to the overall quality of a show was Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka. And that show was just really really great. Really.

At least wait until episode one airs to whine about your precious adaption decay.
Aug 17, 2012 8:50 AM

May 2011
Mah, health comes first so get well soon.
Aug 17, 2012 8:53 AM

Jun 2009
well...
Aug 17, 2012 9:18 AM
Jul 2012
Just watch the anime for goodness' sake then comment on it. Jeez.
Aug 17, 2012 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
McRib said:
AND IT GETS WORSE

- Many adaptations change multiple, even all of their seiyuu.
- This one retains everyone it can, with the exception of a dual-role seiyuu having the job split between two, and y'know, a pregnant woman who needs to put her child first.
- People act like it's the end of the world anyway.

You people. All of you. What the fuck. Just what the fuck.

I know you like to stay positive, but you really aren't worried at all? Its got the Kill Me Baby director, its got a studio that can't animate worth crap and has a terrible reputation with VN adaptions, its got seiyuu changes everywhere, the designs look like crap and the trailer already shows they will rush Rewrite into the original series. There really isn't much to get "hyped" about here. I fully expect this to be a major trainwreck with so much wasted potential. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, and I'm proven wrong, but I am NOT getting my hopes up for something that has very little chance of actually being good.

Aug 17, 2012 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
ahhhh, School Days. -___-
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 17, 2012 9:22 AM

Jul 2010
good luck to her.

Aug 17, 2012 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
Ah that's right it is J.C Staff, they have broken my heart several times with how they adapt, but they did good on a few(Toradora).

It's no big deal
Well hopefully for her the baby comes out fine

Aug 17, 2012 9:40 AM

Mar 2009
watashi kininarimasu ô.ôI wonder if she'll have a boy or a girl
Aug 17, 2012 9:42 AM
Oct 2011
hater GTFO, this is not your thread to rage prejudgingly. you guy will always complain even if it objectively better than CLANNAD so just shut up already.
PointmanWAug 17, 2012 6:12 PM
Aug 17, 2012 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
PointmanW said:
hater GTFO, this is not your thread to rage prejudgingly. you guy will always complain even if it subjectively better than CLANNAD so just shut up already.

If its anywhere near Clannad level, I will forgive anything JC Staff has done in the past and gain a new respect for them.

Aug 17, 2012 9:50 AM
Mar 2010
well, that's unfortunate, but hey, baby comes first, ALWAYS! :3

I hope she has a safe delivery.

^^
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
McRib said:
AND IT GETS WORSE

- This one retains everyone it can, with the exception of a dual-role seiyuu having the job split between two, and y'know, a pregnant woman who needs to put her child first.

I know you like to stay positive, but you really aren't worried at all? Its got the Kill Me Baby director, its got a studio that can't animate worth crap and has a terrible reputation with VN adaptions, its got seiyuu changes everywhere, the designs look like crap and the trailer already shows they will rush Rewrite into the original series. There really isn't much to get "hyped" about here. I fully expect this to be a major trainwreck with so much wasted potential. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, and I'm proven wrong, but I am NOT getting my hopes up for something that has very little chance of actually being good.

Rewrite too, oh hell no.

Aug 17, 2012 10:05 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
McRib said:
AND IT GETS WORSE

Rewrite too, oh hell no.

Oops my bad, typo. I meant Refrain.

Aug 17, 2012 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
Dalek-baka said:
Indeed it's downfall of the series.
It's J.C. Staff fault that she got pregnant and values child health more than some cartoon :D

some people are just magical <3

Best post in this thread.

I dont pretend that JC Staff has not made some BAD adaptations before, but they have also made a lot of great ones too. The staff does look off putting but honestly some people are just worrying too much before even watching it.

Detective said:
>replace third rate VA with third rate VA
>pretend it's worse to justify your whining

Really pathetic.

THIS
Honestly if they were changing Rin or Kyousuke I would have been mad myself but in all honestly...Mio WAS the most boring girl after all
Aug 17, 2012 10:17 AM

May 2010
Well I guess I can only tell whether this affect the anime or not is until I watched it !
Aug 17, 2012 10:20 AM

May 2010
IZUMI64 said:
well...

Not surprising on the contrary I was expecting it someday
Aug 17, 2012 10:27 AM

Nov 2010
So many pathetic people here.

Hope you give a birth to a beautiful girl/boy, seiyuu-san.
Aug 17, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2011
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
McRib said:
AND IT GETS WORSE

Eh, this is the first voice actor change really, unless if you REALLY consider Riki and Sasami getting a new voice actress to be a bad thing. Secondly, I thought the redesigns were a huge improvement over the game, unless if you really like big eyed girls I guess. Third, neither trailer for this anime has shown anything related to refrain at all, so I don't know how you know that from the trailers alone.

Other than that, yeah, I'm a little wary of how this will turn out, but I am going in cautiously optimist. If you go in hating the very idea of it like a majority of people in this thread, then you're going to come out hating it too.
Aug 17, 2012 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
Its got the Kill Me Baby director

Most directors do a variety of shows with extremely varying levels of success and different styles. A good director with a good history is definitely a positive, but a director with little history just leaves me neutral and reserving judgment rather than outright negative. Plenty of shows I like have come from directors who have also done shows I dislike or am ambivalent towards. And KMB obviously received one of the most throw-away, shoestring budgets of any show this year.

Well its probably not fair to completely write off that director, but his previous work doesn't really seem like its fitting for directing a major profile project like this. Maybe he's up to the task, I dunno, but I'd prefer someone like Tatsuyuki Nagai, who did Toradora, Railgun, and Ano Natsu for JC Staff... Ano Hana as well... LB would be more up his alley.

jmal said:
Completely untrue. They can do very good animation, when they put the effort in/have the budget. I have little doubt that their best animators and a alrge budget will be on this, regardless of what one thinks of the directing or writing staff.

Well, if you compare JC Staff to most studios, their productions in general will look far lower quality. Even looking past stuff like Kill Me Baby, which could have been drawn by a 5th grader, their big shows like Index and Shana even have lots of "quality" and production quality issues. If their big names suffer from those issues, then LB will too.

jmal said:
Two shows 9 and 5 years ago respectively, from completely different staffs, is hardly a reputation, let alone one relevant to this. But I'm not getting into The Tsukihime Debate for the 80th time.

Adapting VNs is a completely different beast than anything else. It takes a lot of talent to know exactly which order to do things (since its based on a game that the player can choose the order of events), and its also tough to combine them in a way which also makes sense. Tsukihime made lots of mistakes this way, by removing many important plot points and scenes, and basically expecting the watcher to already know the story to understand what was going on. Then on the other hand, you have KyoAni who are masters of VN adaptions, and even make them better sometimes.

jmal said:
I'm not going to draw conclusions about how well the narrative structure of a two cour (or more?) series will be executed from a short PV.

The game itself is about as long as Clannad. The only way to really do justice for the series is to have the first part as 13 episodes, the 2nd part as another 13 episodes, and then Refrain as the final 13 episodes. But it seems like they want to rush it to get it all into 26 episodes, which'll sadly result in missing scenes and lost character development.

Aug 17, 2012 10:38 AM

May 2010
To be honest I never really cared about Mio so I don't mind it. Hard to imagine Riko as Mio though :)
Aug 17, 2012 10:44 AM

Nov 2010
The game itself is about as long as Clannad. The only way to really do justice for the series is to have the first part as 13 episodes, the 2nd part as another 13 episodes, and then Refrain as the final 13 episodes. But it seems like they want to rush it to get it all into 26 episodes, which'll sadly result in missing scenes and lost character development.

Since when they say it's gonna be 26 episodes?

Almost all of your points are your delusional thoughts of JC Staff will ruin anything and everything. Please stop this.

Feel free to talk any crap after the anime aired. AFTER.
Aug 17, 2012 10:44 AM

Jan 2010
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
McRib said:
AND IT GETS WORSE

1) Just because the Kill Me Baby director is directing this doesn't mean it will be bad. The reason why Kill Me Baby sucked was because the source material sucked.

2) Key has already said that they are working closely with the staff and I don't think they will let this adaptation go down the drain. Kyoani is not the only studio capable of animation a VN.

3) Ah, the seiyuu changes. You do realize that there are actual people voicing these chracters, right? Kawaragi is taking time off for the well-being of herself and her child, which I find much more important than voice-acting.

4) I thought the trailer and designs are pretty well done. The animation was some of the best I've seen J.C. do, although I'm not fond of the colors. It was very fluid. I even think that the designs actually improved upon Hinoue's designs and now everyone looks more uniform. And judging from all the threads and blogs I've read, it seems that the trailer is pretty well-received.

5) And how exactly does the trailer show that they will rush Refrain into one season? Because there were Refrain scenes in it? We don't have a specific episode count yet, but Key has already stated that the series will be "significantly long". I'm 99.9% positive that the trailer was just an animated version of the OP, used to show off the animation and character designs. Pretty sure there wasn't any actual episode animation in it. So no, the trailer does not prove that they will squash Refrain into one season.
-KamioRika-Aug 17, 2012 10:49 AM
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Aug 17, 2012 11:00 AM

Nov 2009
D'awww, congrats on the baby~

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Aug 17, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
Must be Makoto's kid~
Aug 17, 2012 11:01 AM

Aug 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
To be honest I never really cared about Mio so I don't mind it. Hard to imagine Riko as Mio though :)

TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Aug 17, 2012 11:03 AM

Feb 2012
Ugh. Every LB thread turns out the same.

Can't we just wait until it airs to make judgements?
Aug 17, 2012 11:09 AM

Sep 2010
Kawaragi Shiho is the VN voice actor right? I rather have that they wait airing the show until she's ready again than changing a voice actor.
Aug 17, 2012 11:11 AM

Nov 2010
Ovindel said:
Kawaragi Shiho is the VN voice actor right? I rather have that they wait airing the show until she's ready again than changing a voice actor.

Waiting for another 9 months isn't going to be that simple, financially and technically.

unless if you're shaft
Aug 17, 2012 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Well, seems like there is nothing but negativity about this series. Yet again, looks like i'm the only one that is actually excited for this series.
Aug 17, 2012 11:13 AM

Apr 2010
At the very least, its not Kud having a cast change. I wouldn't accept someone else saying wafuu~.

Aug 17, 2012 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
VA Change = automatic trainwreck.

The only people who are really gonna make Little Busters! terrible are those that are thinking like this.
Aug 17, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
Aw, that's okay.The only time I had this experience where a VA is absent due to pregnancy was with One Piece, when they changed Chopper's voice for a couple of eps, it was nothing too major.Certainly won't ruin the whole anime or make it any worse like some extreme pessimists have said.I mean, really?

Also how anyone can think the animation in the trailers looks bad is beyond me.That last bit with all of them running down the field looked pretty damn good, if you ask me.But I guess some people will just never be satisfied with it since it's not kyoani(pretty bad taste of them to animate hyouka, a snore fest, and not this, by the way)
Aug 17, 2012 12:13 PM
Aug 2011
Oh the mindless sheep are complaining once again.

WAIT! the ones who are even more mindless, the 1-2 EP "reviewers" are going to blame JC Staff for "Changing Seiyuu" and "ruining the entire series"

I'm going to die because of all this fucking facepalming
Aug 17, 2012 12:17 PM
May 2012
am i the only one around here who appreciates the works of j.c staff,
why the hate=?
Aug 17, 2012 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
I don't think it's a destined trainwreck at all, we'll just wait and see how it turns out.

Tbh I really liked Tatsumi Yuiko as Riko, I think she'll pull this off fine. Just as long as Kud & Rin are the same =w=

Aug 17, 2012 12:39 PM

Nov 2009
It's a setback nothing more really.

I think I'm probably being more positive than most. Sure I'm skeptical about it but that sure as hell doesn't mean I'm not really excited for it. If the budget is good for this along with Jun Maeda overseeing it...it will take a monumental disaster to destroy it.

Little Busters cast has been largely unchanged so one or two changes here and there for extenuating circumstances should not be seen as the apocalypse. It's an anime for crying out loud, not oxygen...although I know to some people they can't see the difference.

Good luck Shiho, everyone is dropping babies this year lol =P
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.