Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2012 7:36 AM
Jun 2012
i used to play this game during year 2004 - year 2008 with some breaks in between.

it seems like jagex has been doing some major changes to rs throughout these years. i still remember how rs used to be in the past. in my opinion, rs has take a turn for the worse.

is there anyone here who used to be an avid player of rs or anyone who is currently playing rs?

Aug 14, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
Well I used to play it and I just made a new account recently but I can't be bothered to go back on it lol! It has changed a lot and I love how when your fishing it shows a circle on the top of the screen with a fish and an exp bar around the circle to show how much exp you need to get to the next level in it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Aug 14, 2012 7:55 AM

Jun 2007
I just see it as a phase everyone goes through during middle school or so. After that you realize how terrible the game truly is and move on.
Aug 14, 2012 8:21 AM
Jun 2012
emogaara said:
Well I used to play it and I just made a new account recently but I can't be bothered to go back on it lol! It has changed a lot and I love how when your fishing it shows a circle on the top of the screen with a fish and an exp bar around the circle to show how much exp you need to get to the next level in it.

does that applies to other skills? like mining, smiting etc?
Aug 14, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2011
Lol I used to play it, and for a loong time. though I quit like 2 years ago and i do have a little feeling of wanting to play again, though i just stop myself.
Aug 14, 2012 9:56 AM

Oct 2009
I played while watching most of the things on my anime list but stopped a few months ago.

The funnest thing about it to me was getting a lot of gold.

The company that owns it seems really desperate for money with all of their promotions now so I jumped ship on it. Its to the point where they're making it harder to find the "cancel membership" button.
Aug 14, 2012 8:47 PM

Aug 2011
I botted the shit out of Runescape, and never got busted for it.
Aug 14, 2012 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
mitch3315 said:

Whoah
Aug 14, 2012 10:11 PM

Nov 2011
I used to play this game till it turned into shit.

I'm so glad I quit awhile ago; never going back to play this game again.
Aug 14, 2012 10:29 PM

Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
and Jagex reset my stats cuz they thought I was botting.. sigh
Aug 14, 2012 10:33 PM

Mar 2012
mitch3315 said:

>:)
Aug 14, 2012 11:01 PM

Jun 2012
this game died a while ago
I still miss staking tho. Made like $100 off selling gp
that wasn't small cash when I was 10
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 15, 2012 1:28 AM

Aug 2012
Kissed said:
mitch3315 said:

>:)

Lol'd, Funny :p
REAL VS ANIME: Just face it, your chances of scoring with either of these two are unlikely.
Aug 15, 2012 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
drinkbeer said:
emogaara said:

does that applies to other skills? like mining, smiting etc?

Yup :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Aug 15, 2012 4:11 AM

Sep 2011
I used to play it alot during middle school but I can´t really be bothered with it anymore. I do still log in from time to time to talk with some old buddies who´re still playing though. Username is Koyomi feel free to talk to me if there´s that slim chance that me and anyone from here will actually log in at the same time.
Aug 15, 2012 4:29 AM

Aug 2012
I started in beta and played till late 2004. Loved it.

Then started playing again earlier 2012, and holy crap.

When you P2P, they just about do EVERYTHING for you. No more hunting for rocks to mine or specials tree. They are all right next to the storage and the bank. You grow the levels ridiculously easy, you have a "shift" to smith your entire inventory at once, or chop all the wood. You have NPCs that sell crap that you used to have to kill bosses to get. You have mini games that you can play while watching tv that will raise your level so fast that in a day you can just about reach lvl 40 with any profesion, easily.

But, there are still tons of players. Lots of activities. More quests. And I guess appeals to the general public a lot more.

To be honest, they did the same thing to FF14. People bitched about how long certain crap took, and they nerfed everything and added mods galore so that the average gamer could feel like a pro.
Aug 15, 2012 4:24 PM
Jun 2012
I still play runescape on and off, only lvl 104.

I've been playing since august 2006 because my friends wanted me to join up and play it with them, then it seem to be like a addiction; getting on, talking to friends and killing bosses.
Most of my friends quit the game, due to eaither being banned, muted, or lost of interest.

I agree that the game is dying, and I don't see myself playing it much longer due to this EoC (Evolution of Combat). I don't relly have anything against it, but it's not relly my cup of tea.

If anyone wants to add me too, my ign is PvM Angeloid, I might get on, check my SoF spins, talk to my clan or do a quest, but nothing really else.
Aug 15, 2012 6:10 PM

Nov 2011
Played the crap out of runescape when I was in elementary and had dial up which was the shittt for me back then. lol

I still have my RS account after all these years! Think I got lvl 81 on main and had 3-4 different other characters that varied from 20-50. lol
(My original account got hacked several times.)

The changes have actually been quite interesting with like graphics, content and such that I've seen over the years but I only hop on once in a blue moon just for nostalgia.

Good game for its time! Now though I don't really see myself playing it anymore but just keep tabs on my account still just in case. :D
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Aug 15, 2012 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
Began the game with my brother a long time ago then quit. He stayed and let it take over his life.

I get on from time to time to check on my santa, green and blue mask prices.
Aug 15, 2012 6:57 PM

Aug 2011
Arex said:
mitch3315 said:

I knew tonnes of people who got reset when they didn't bot, which made me lol.
Aug 16, 2012 12:28 AM

Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
Arex said:
mitch3315 said:

I knew tonnes of people who got reset when they didn't bot, which made me lol.
And I know of a few people that don't get banned when they bot.. some of my friends..

oh and you..
Aug 16, 2012 1:48 AM

Jul 2010
I stopped playing (as in leveling, questing, etc.) near the end of last year. I only go on now during seasonal events like Easter, Halloween or Christmas.

Aug 24, 2012 6:41 AM
Jun 2012
its a pity seasonal items cannot be traded, unlike the past.
Aug 25, 2012 11:49 PM

Apr 2012
Started in 2006 and stopped in 2012, I quit around the time SoF was released. Kinda saddens me that they went in the direction of Nexon with their buyable exp and items and now with EoC they're adding something that's not even needed into the game.

I think I started losing interest around the time I reached 95 Prayer, after that all my goals were met and I didn't have anything else to do. If anyone wants to add me my ign is "baka mop", I will log in once in a blue moon.
Aug 25, 2012 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
i used to be big into RS around the same time as you. Its he same junk but updated now, i quit a long time ago though.
Aug 26, 2012 10:08 AM
Jun 2012
Mopo187 said:
Started in 2006 and stopped in 2012, I quit around the time SoF was released. Kinda saddens me that they went in the direction of Nexon with their buyable exp and items and now with EoC they're adding something that's not even needed into the game.

I think I started losing interest around the time I reached 95 Prayer, after that all my goals were met and I didn't have anything else to do. If anyone wants to add me my ign is "baka mop", I will log in once in a blue moon.

prayer is easier to train now as compared to the past as there is the gilded altar now
Aug 26, 2012 10:18 AM

May 2012
There's been a gilded alter for quite a while O.o, I've played this game a lot but always quit after about 1 month the only thing i enjoyed was to pk but that changed to much after 2006 and too many new weapons which are quite overpowered tho in the end i always get annoyed at the fact that the game hardly takes any skill, majority of it is down to luck and some things that used to be skillful can now be botted/auto clicked.

Though it was a fun game overall :)
Aug 26, 2012 10:18 AM

May 2012
let the nostalgia commence
Aug 26, 2012 1:33 PM

May 2011
ahh that was most of my childhood i remember me and my friends all talking about it in class and planning what we would do :)

i was gonna go back on for fun but forgot my account XD
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Aug 26, 2012 1:49 PM
Jun 2012
RoastedLikeEva said:

i still remember the music. its kind of catchy haha

truesoul said:
ahh that was most of my childhood i remember me and my friends all talking about it in class and planning what we would do :)

i was gonna go back on for fun but forgot my account XD

try to recover it?
Aug 26, 2012 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
Played for probably around 3-4 years when I was a kid. I stopped before the Wildy's were taken out though.
And then I played again when Dungeneering came out, which was around a year later. Dungeneering is still fun to this day.

RoastedLikeEva said:

The music of my childhood.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2012 4:56 AM

Aug 2008
Oh man, Runescape's quests were so fun.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 27, 2012 5:59 AM
Jul 2012
I remember this game, I played it back in 2005... jeez what the fuck was I doing?
Aug 27, 2012 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
Didn't think people would still talk about Runescape.

Haters may hate but RS was a game I wasted a lot of time in my childhood. It was great.

It is sad to hear that it is now becoming a pay 2 win game.
Aug 27, 2012 4:39 PM

May 2010
People still play runcescape? who knew.
Aug 28, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2011
My brother still plays this game after around 6-7 years of playing it every day. I quit it when they removed the old wilderness. I watched my brother do some pking and all the weapons and prayers are retarded and overpowered.
Aug 28, 2012 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
I just quit because of that EoC bullshit. Bought some rares and gonna hog them.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 29, 2012 2:09 AM
Jun 2012
BloodRequiem said:

share those rares with me bro. sharing is caring
Aug 29, 2012 2:35 AM

Apr 2012
drinkbeer said:
BloodRequiem said:

share those rares with me bro. sharing is caring

Go do fight kiln or something. 5m/hr with a iron/steel titan.

Favourite soundtracks
BloodRequiemAug 29, 2012 2:47 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 29, 2012 7:22 AM

Mar 2011
RoastedLikeEva said:
Oh good old days. I quit a few weeks after Dungeoneering come out, or somewhere there

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

36 by Shizuna »»
55 minutes ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
11 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.