Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2012 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chitanda is trying her best to commercialize the magazine. No OP and ED. It's affective and it's selling!

Chitanda knows that it was not her type to commercialize in the radio.

The main guy finally figured out who Juumoji, who was Fukuyama-san's character. He also asked to end the festival with the act of Juumoji burning the script, as if Juumoji won. It was sad, though, the end story behind the manga...

It was a peaceful end to the festival arc.

I wonder what the next ep. is about.
tsubasaloverAug 12, 2012 10:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 12, 2012 12:14 PM
Aug 2009
2 hours ago 0_0 I'm still waiting on the raw for this D:
Aug 12, 2012 12:57 PM

Nov 2009
As suspected it was...

I wonder what mystery is next...

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Aug 12, 2012 2:18 PM

Mar 2010
This anime should be more popular Q_Q

Loved this episode
Aug 12, 2012 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
Houtarou amazed me this time. What a perfect deduction and manipulation.
Aug 12, 2012 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
Expectations, huh.
Sadly I too will forever be the one who's expecting others to exceed my expectations, and not the one who's to be expected from.
KurogashiAug 12, 2012 4:12 PM
Aug 12, 2012 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
I assumed it was Tanabe when they mentioned he was involved with A Corpse by Evening last episode, but to have it confirmed it was him seems too good to be true.
That deduction by Houtarou though. .___. Holy crap.
Aug 12, 2012 4:08 PM
Oct 2010
so did anyone know who it was before his deduction?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 12, 2012 4:14 PM

Aug 2012
Ooops I thought it was the Student Council President himself, not this other guy. But then again, Tanabe got a lot of screentime if you think about it so him being the culprit was plausible.

I really liked it, and I ship Satoshi and Mayaka so hard!
«I'm sorry, Sasuke. There won't be a next time.»
Aug 12, 2012 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, Houtarou is freaking genius.Not only this epic deduction, but he actually ''used'' Tanabe to sell 30 copies of anthology...+this plan with burning manuscript.Im not surprised Satoshi is jealous as hell.
Mayaka part was really nice too.We finally get to see hows relationship between Ayako and Anjou.

5/5 totally perfect.
Aug 12, 2012 4:34 PM
Apr 2010
With only 4 episodes left, I wonder if:

(a) They're doing volume 5 in 4 episodes. Possible, since they used 5 and 4 episodes for the first two volumes, respectively, though the preview doesn't "feel" like it's volume 5 (I'm not sure about that but I think they are second years in volume 5).

(b) Episodes taken from "Little birds can remember" (we only had 2 from this volume).

hmmm, I don't know, both seem unlikely. Well, we'll see next Sunday.

I'm surprised we didn't hear of Oreki's sister in this episode. She seems to be an important force behind all mysteries...
Aug 12, 2012 4:43 PM

Dec 2007
iLostReason said:
Ok, Houtarou is freaking genius.Not only this epic deduction, but he actually ''used'' Tanabe to sell 30 copies of anthology...+this plan with burning manuscript.Im not surprised Satoshi is jealous as hell.
Mayaka part was really nice too.We finally get to see hows relationship between Ayako and Anjou.

5/5 totally perfect.

I totally agree!! Looking forward to next week's ep.!!
Aug 12, 2012 4:54 PM

Aug 2008
I have to rewatch this episode again, I'm so lost since I can't remember who is who (the names)!

Anyway, I want more Satoshi's development.

Oh no, only 4 episodes left T___T I need a season 2!
Aug 12, 2012 4:57 PM

Feb 2012
Was a great conclusion.

Lelouch was Juumonji? As expected from Lelouch vi Britannia! ;D

Next ep should be the start of the last arc. Watashi, Kininarimasu!
Aug 12, 2012 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
Holy hell, Eru's announcement over the school is working. Dat revenue is flowing in like pouring rice.

But any rate, it looks like Juuomji hits again...luckily Oreki being the smart guy he is solves it. What a fucking boss.
Aug 12, 2012 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
This was a nice wrap up to the festival episodes.
Oreki is so smart ahhh. This episode was just a lot of talking between the two, but it was interesting!

This show is going by pretty fast -- I can't believe there's only 4 episodes left. I wonder how they'll end this all.
魔法少女グレイシー
Aug 12, 2012 5:11 PM

Feb 2012
Starmie said:
This was a nice wrap up to the festival episodes.
Oreki is so smart ahhh. This episode was just a lot of talking between the two, but it was interesting!

This show is going by pretty fast -- I can't believe there's only 4 episodes left. I wonder how they'll end this all.
Hopefully they'll end it with the two pairs acknowledging their love for each other lol ;D
Aug 12, 2012 5:22 PM

Jun 2010
Expectations.. That should be the title of this Anime ._______.

Im kinda disappointed cuz this episode didn't actually met my expectations. I hoped that Houtaro will unveil the identity of Juumonji. I hoped that the problem between Satoshi-Houtaro and Ibara-Manga Club Members will be solved. There's so much drama in this episode, yet nothing was solved except Juumonji's identity.

So now what? 4 episodes left. I hope it'll be good. Though I won't raise my EXPECTATIONS again...
Aug 12, 2012 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
Are you serious, Houtarou figured out who Juumonji is, blackmailed him and even became an accomplice?! He excelled himself, seriously, I didn't see it coming at all.
Aug 12, 2012 5:26 PM

Nov 2011

Curiosity in a nutshell.
Aug 12, 2012 5:28 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode, Oreki is the man xD
Aug 12, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Houtarou's the man! This episode so rings the truth.. some people try their best just to be great at something and then a certain someone just does what you love for a hobby and excells. Life is so unfair :(
Aug 12, 2012 5:56 PM

Jan 2012
Kininarimashita.

Houtarou, you da man.
Aug 12, 2012 6:17 PM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:

Curiosity in a nutshell.

Best part of this episode - the end. But not because it was the end but it got funny and cute as well as interactions between the main cast, not just blabbering around. Mystery was solved in the background - great!
And we got to see Mayakas eyes glowing as well - for a change. Can't remember if that happened before, though. But I think not.^^
Eru was astonishingly good at the radio appearance. Didn't expect that at all.

And Oreki was surprisingly cool. I mean, blackmailing? He? Just for his Club? Nah.
He obviously didn't want Eru get disappointed and depressed because not all anthologies were sold, eh? ;DD
Also Satoshi x Mayaka was cute. It's so clear that Mayaka has feelings for him.^^
Aug 12, 2012 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
Oreki was amazing this episode, as expected from a person like him. It was also nice to see more MayakaxSatoshi action, I would love it if they end up a couple by the end.

What a great conclusion to a great arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2012 6:20 PM
Feb 2012
Wow, Houtarou exceeded my "expectations". His epic deduction and his shrewd plan to sell Hyouka and end the Juumoji incident with a literal bang was just brilliant. Wow.

I thought it was the Kugayama, the student council president, too. Then I realized it was Tanabe when the manuscript exploded. He had his hands in his pocket when Satoshi's cell rang, and when manuscript exploded he turned away as if he expected it. Also, Juumoji's note was found where he was initially standing.

I hope Satoshi has resolved his issues with Oreki and himself. Nice SatoshiXMayaka moment. Hopefully there will be more romantic development

Best school festival in any anime by far. I can't wait to see what they'll do for the last 4 episodes, it hard to believe this is almost over.
Aug 12, 2012 6:30 PM

Nov 2008
Fantastic!! Oreki has outdone himself again. I can understand how Satoshi feels, but sometimes you just have to accept that there are people who are always better, despite your best efforts.

I'm glad that Satoshi's ordeal and the others girls ordeal weren't solved, b/c feelings of inferiority are always going to be there..and it takes a while to move past them.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 12, 2012 6:34 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic episode. Oreki's deduction was extremely impressive, and his idea to cooperate with the final bit of the Juumonji incident was brilliant. The solution to the mystery was definitely more satisfying than I expected.

Satoshi's jealousy was deftly handled once again, and the small, but touching, conversation that ensued between Satoshi and Ibara pertaining to it was excellent. They really seem to understand one another on an emotional level, which was further highlighted the moment Ibara pulls his jacket and the camera cuts away. Really terrific direction there, and in the rest of the episode, for that matter. I've really enjoyed the character development present during this arc. All the little nuances and the brief flashes of particular, emotional afflictions that each of the characters experience was incredibly effective. I'm also glad that Satoshi's state of mind and jealousy towards Oreki hasn't really been resolved, considering how rushed and unrealistic that would have been.

Throughout the Festival arc, the quality of the animation and art has been particularly amazing, more so than usual. The atmosphere and energy was displayed wonderfully, and even though I don't foresee anything matching this for the final group of episodes, I'm still eagerly awaiting whatever conclusion has been planned, and I'm rather confident the story will end in a satisfying manner.
Lelouch22Aug 12, 2012 6:38 PM
Aug 12, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Man not gonna lie Houtarou's deduction was pretty damn good on top of that i think he had the best way of selling the hyouka copies.

and Irisu :3 wasn't expecting her say that to Eru.
Aug 12, 2012 6:53 PM

Aug 2010
What a strange thing for someone to do. I know Tanabe had his reasons but I feel as if this was a little over the top. Of course, this sort of strange mystery is what makes this show interesting.
prismheartAug 12, 2012 7:24 PM
Aug 12, 2012 7:24 PM
Apr 2012
Epic Chitanda & Mayaka at the End! :3
Aug 12, 2012 7:44 PM

Jun 2007
prismheart said:
What a strange thing for someone to do. I know Tanabe had his reasons but I feel as if this was a little over the top. Of course, this sort of strange mystery is what makes this show interesting.
I know right.. Doing all this for manga.. And he's even a student council.. (x.x ) Though the mystery is indeed interesting..
Aug 12, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
Fucking Oreki is so boss!!! he totally nailed the criminal and actually made him work for him LMAO XD never disappoints me
Aug 12, 2012 8:05 PM

Aug 2010
Damn! That was so good AND badass that Houtarou blackmailed the Prez. I never would have expected this would be a turn of events.

So "expectations" was the big theme for this episode. Things we expect to happen would not always turn out the way we want it to happen...
Aug 12, 2012 8:14 PM

Jun 2010
Need to watch this episode again. I got confused as to what the motive was. XD

Aug 12, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2011
Amazing episode to close of the Kanya Fest + Juumoji arc. I can't believe I was misdirected so much into believing the Stuco Prez was the culprit before this episode. I can really sympathize with Satoshi in this episode. I also felt the same way when Houtarou uncovered the truth with his deductions while I'm sitting in front of my screen, still flabbergasted at all the wrong theories I'd conjured myself before watching this episode. He made me feel how inferior my intelligence was compared to his, and I even rewatched the previous episodes of this arc to formulate my own theories. Props indeed to KyoAni and the original writer of the novels for managing to make me so invested into this arc by giving the audience all the necessary clues, inviting us to try and solve the mystery on our own.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Aug 12, 2012 8:33 PM

Feb 2009
Houtarou is genius. Wtf, amazing.

One of the main themes of this arc was definitely jealousy, it was absolutely everywhere.
Aug 12, 2012 8:37 PM

Jun 2011
Great episode as always! I'm sad that it's almost ending but I hope the last arc will be fantastic as well! ^^
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
Aug 12, 2012 8:39 PM

Jul 2010
Sasuga Houtarou!

One more arc to go D:
Aug 12, 2012 9:07 PM
Jan 2012
I'll admit, this mystery arc was a bit difficult for me to follow given that I'm unfamiliar with the japanese wordplay and alphabet...should probably go back and watch it a few more times....

however, i CAN appreciate the incredible artwork and production values that went into this school festival arc, WOW....and the manipulation of tanabe was pretty cool, but Satoshi is fast becoming the star of the show in my eyes, even the mystery busting seems to take a backseat to satoshi's overarching jealousy and increasingly complex characterization

the end with all the confessions felt a little rushed, esp with the manga bitch's confession was like wtf out of the blue...but tied up the arc pretty nicely with the enduring concept of expectations

as a final note, chitanda gets on my nerves....no amount of bust will ever fix that
Aug 12, 2012 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man all this information came pouring out like a waterfall hard to understand, but I think I got the basic principle of that mystery probably only one more arc left. Hopefully its good!
Aug 12, 2012 10:35 PM

Nov 2008
I wouldn't call this a climatic ending but it was awesome nonetheless!

I am a little disappointed that Oreki's sister was not behind the entire thing, but I was more surprised that Oreki resorted to blackmail to sell all of the copies.

Anyway I hope that they show his sister's face and that the next arc ends the series with a decent conclusion, and of course a romantic development between those two (Ibara and Satoshi too!).
Aug 12, 2012 10:47 PM

Oct 2011
HOUTAROU WHY YOU SO GOOD?! damn it! He totally exceeded my expectations too! xD

Fantastic episode. I really appreciate the minor details that went into developing the characters. The characters keep me more interested in this anime than the mystery itself. And as always, amazing artwork!

5/5
Aug 12, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
that manga though.........
/sudden urge to read

i mean come on this hottie is the one who draw it

and am sucker for pretty art ;u;
Aug 12, 2012 11:10 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode :D Didn't expect that ending

So it was finally the conclusion of this arc huh...
I wonder if there would be one more arc or just a series of mystery and daily lives of them.
Aug 12, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2012
great arc. are we hitting a final one or?
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 12, 2012 11:30 PM

Apr 2012
Wow Oreki really did a lot this episode... More than usual. And all to sell the Anthologies... He really is active this episode. And with the conclusion, we say goodbye to the: Welcome to Kanya Festival arc!
Aug 13, 2012 1:16 AM
Jun 2012
Who else was as lost as I was? Gotta watch episode 16 over again -.-
Aug 13, 2012 1:19 AM

May 2011
so essentially all the drama of this arc was based on the fact that this "anjou" person decided on a whim to write a manga and everyone thinks it's friggin` brilliant and he decide he won't write another one.

so the president pulls off this elaborate stunt to try and get this "anjou" guy and spur him to write more manga.

The other girl was also butthurt cause her manga wasn't as good as "That" one so she goes on a hate rage towards Mayaka who liked the series.

These people reaaaaallly take things WAY too seriously.
Aug 13, 2012 2:21 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
And the festival arc is over; sadly I barely enjoyed the ending which I thought was ultimately anti climatic and Tanabe's motives were something I didn't find interesting.

I've found the show to be like this over multiple arcs, so I won't be expecting further change down the road.

The show isn't bad, but it simply isn't something I find enjoyable. Something about mystery simply screams a more engaging plot & more 'put on the line' to me.

Never the less, I do look forward to next week's episode.

3/5
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.