Must be a Club Member to Reply
Joined: Aug 2008
Got a question about the club? About how the "housing" system work? Just a general question? Then ask it here!! Don't be nervous - we won't bite! Please read all previously asked questions - in order to avoid repetitiveness. =]
How do I put a banner in the bottom of my post?
If by banner you mean posting the pictures in the signature part of your post, you go to "My Profile" from the top-left corner of the page. Go to "Edit My Profile" and click on "Forum settings". From there, use the [img] code and paste it there. Update Signature and your picture will come out. =] Hope that helped!
Is there a place to hang out and talk/post for singles? Just like... maybe a cafe or something that people can come into and just chill and talk about whatever they want?
The Bachelor Bar
How does the the housing system work?
Okay this is how it works. See your "Post count" under your icon. We use that as "MAL-currency". As you become a more active member of the MAL community, you'll be able to obtain better things (such as apartments/condos/etc).
As of now, you have 16 posts. So, all you can get right now is a 1st floor apartment. (( All of this is in the MAL Condo: 101... Thread ))
Here's a breakdown:
First Floor - Apartment 1L, 1M, 1R - < 100 Posts
- bedroom 1
- Dining room
- Living room
- extra room
- bathroom 1
NOW, FOR THE RULES!!
1. You can always move to a different apartment/condo/penthouse if your post count increases, as long as there's room.
2. You may live together, but only a certain amount of people can live together at once, depending on the type of home. In addition, the combined Post # must equal or be greater than the post # requirements.
Apartment: No more than 2 people
Condo: No more than 3 people
Penthouse: No more than 2 people
3. IF both parties agree, there may be an apartment swap. This needs approval first!!
4. If you want to move out, you must make an formal announcement, and find a tenant to replace you. Then you can move out. If no tenant can be found, then your case will be reviewed and subject to approval.
5. IF YOU ARE LIVING WITH ANOTHER PERSON/S AND ONE/TWO OF YOU DECIDES TO MOVE OUT, the person remaining CANNOT keep the apartment if their post count is less than the # required to stay there. REMEMBER THIS RULE - IT'S JUST LIKE LIFE. If you can't afford to live there by yourself, then you will be forced to move out. So choose someone trustworthy to live with.
* * * Special Note * * *
Depending on how popular this is, and the average post # per member, prices and buildings will change. If any of these changes affects the current tenants, they will be informed. Don't worry - you won't have to move out if there are new post # requirements.
Is there rent?
No. There's no point in keeping a lease at this point. Once you claim a place to live - it's yours as long as you stay there (don't get kicked out).
But *I'll have to add this later* depending on the type of house that you live, there are also certain rules.
For example, if you live in an apartment, you may not be able to keep any dogs/cats.
If you live in a condo - there might be some rules you'd have to follow, otherwise you might get kicked out.
But if you live in a mansion/house - you pretty much have the freedom of doing whatever you want - as long as it's legal of course.
But don't worry about that for now.
What is considered not legal? I mean what can't we do in a mansion?
Polygamy parties? ^^; You know like you can't really do drugs or kill people or have a gang famliy... although the chances of you getting caught is slimmer in a house or mansion... this will be further explained later.
What about making threads for certain jobs? You made one for going to college, what about if some of us opened a cafe or something?
If we recruit a few more members, then I might consider opening up a job-thread like that. =] In the meantime, if you really wanna RP a tea/cake shop, then consider opening one @ the mall!