Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2012 5:01 PM
Feb 2012
They decide to screw LN and create different story.
Kirito will marry Asuna and then kill her.
I'm sayin. That'll totally happen.

Instantly the best show evar.
Aug 11, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
WHOA?! Case closed!

This episode is awesome. I like how everything is turned out this way, and they were planning about it. I would rage quit so hard if the story actually turned into "this is the game's bug, deal with it" kind of thing.

Oh man, however, there're so many reference to marriage in this one. Come on Kirito, BE A MAN AND MARRY ASUNA!! Gosh, she was asking about marriage and seems like she wanted to marry you. GOSH! GOSH! GOSH! I want to see this scene in the episode so bad!!!!!!

Oh well ... at least they're added as friend now (I hope they did!)
LunaAug 12, 2012 7:21 AM

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 11, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2008
sikandsak said:

Opening song lyics at that scene.

"I wanna always be with you, I give you everything I have~"

Obvious FORESHADOWING?
LunaAug 12, 2012 7:21 AM
Aug 11, 2012 5:05 PM
Feb 2012
But what does it MEAN!?
Aug 11, 2012 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
Woah I like how the case unfolded,
Not a bad job by Detective Kirito.
Ah my love for mysteries pulled me in too much

Aug 11, 2012 5:10 PM

Aug 2008
SwordWielder said:
9:20 "I'm willing to bet my virginity that it was Grimlock." really fansubbers? did he really say that?

Lol xD He said "jucchu" - "in all probability " [it wasn't Grimlock] :) This translator has one hell of an imagination xD

It was a nice episode - really cute KiritoxAsuna moments ^^
This whole series is like a fanservice for LN readers - you can forgive that not everything is shown, because you already have missing information, so you're just enjoing the show :) At least I'm treating it this way :)
ShouriiAug 11, 2012 5:35 PM
Aug 11, 2012 5:40 PM

Aug 2011
How the shit does virtual food expire?
That's pretty tarded if you ask me
anyone care to humor me on the subject with some bs?
lol
Aug 11, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
jesseman1993 said:
lol

I'm not sure about SAO but a lot of games I've played, even non-MMO's, a lot of games apply time to food to apply realism to them rotting and/or become bad and such.
Aug 11, 2012 5:41 PM

Feb 2012
Murder and Marriage dun dun dun!
Aug 11, 2012 5:43 PM
Apr 2011
It adds realism. If you leave a sandwich out on a table for an extended period, it will putrefy and become gross. So if you could make a sandwich in a video game last forever, it removes said realism from the game. Many RPGs have similar systems already.
Aug 11, 2012 5:44 PM

Aug 2011
Paul said:
jesseman1993 said:
lol

I'm not sure about SAO but a lot of games I've played, even non-MMO's, a lot of games apply time to food to apply realism to them rotting and/or become bad and such.

Oh i see what you mean like if it goes bad you get negative attributes or a penalty i know what you mean but i've never played a game where food aged but i've played where food was already spoiled like in fallout you'd get rads from eating bad food..stuff like that.
Aug 11, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2011
Have they mentioned that food increases health or anything, i remember them saying something that the food doesn't do anything but the eat it to feel alive or something.
Aug 11, 2012 5:50 PM
Aug 2012
I enjoyed the episode, although I have read the LN, I am taking this at face value, and I am loving it.
Aug 11, 2012 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
jesseman1993 said:
Have they mentioned that food increases health or anything, i remember them saying something that the food doesn't do anything but the eat it to feel alive or something.

Not sure if users here will rage at me for mentioning something from the LN (just started reading since ep5) but in the episode with that girl with the dragon, ep3 iirc, Kirito drank some tea when they went into that cafe/restaurant and said it increases dex in the LN, cant recall for anime episode.
Aug 11, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2011
jesseman1993 said:
lol

your missing the point, Kayaba (creator of SAO) wanted to make the game as realistic as possible, that includes food expiring

there is a time limit on how long food lasts, when it reaches its limit it expires and becomes mouldy food that can damage your health if you eat it or give you food poisoning

there are also area limits where if you take food out of a certain restaurant it will expire 5 minutes later, so you can't take out good foods and deliver them, this is why frontline players don't usually eat good food most of the time as good food that doesn't expire are usually handmade by players who have a high cooking level and are actually bothered to get ingredients, this makes the food expensive and makes it one the few pleasures of SAO
Aug 11, 2012 5:55 PM
Oct 2010
jesseman1993 said:
It's not uncommon for some games to have rewards that don't affect the game, but that are there rather for flavor, with this case being literal.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 11, 2012 5:57 PM
Apr 2011
Paul said:
jesseman1993 said:

Not sure if users here will rage at me for mentioning something from the LN (just started reading since ep5) but in the episode with that girl with the dragon, ep3 iirc, Kirito drank some tea when they went into that cafe/restaurant and said it increases dex in the LN, cant recall for anime episode.

The item in question is called 'Ruby Ichor' and it was from somewhere outside the shop.
Aug 11, 2012 6:03 PM

Dec 2009
I liked this episode. So much character/relationship developments. Mah OTP forevah! <3
Aug 11, 2012 6:05 PM

Jun 2009
D2Synua said:
This is so bad compared to the LN lol...

This is my thoughts in a nutshell, this arc wasn't terrible just going by the anime methinks... but dear lawrd they cut alot of script, scenes and a major character. LN is better for sure
Aug 11, 2012 6:15 PM

Apr 2012
"Romance and Plastic" LOL!

This time im soo pissed off .. I used to watch SAO online .. Everyweek it turned out quick . Last week I watched Episode 5 "10 pm Local time. This week ohh boy .. I had to wait untill 2 am .. then I broke and went and download the episode .. and i never done that before .. But Anyways .. Yeah downloading is better .. HQ Fullscreen ..

But for the Episode .. well there isn't very much I can say about it ..

For this week's
SAO vs Accel World ..

Accel World takes the Cake ..
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 11, 2012 6:18 PM

Apr 2012
Paul said:
sikandsak said:

Opening song lyics at that scene.

"I wanna always be with you, I give you everything I have~"

Obvious FORESHADOWING?

Don't Read the spoiler unless you watched a little bit of the manga
EDIT: Read* not watched .. obviously you read a Manga not watch it :P
LunaAug 12, 2012 7:22 AM
Aug 11, 2012 6:20 PM

Apr 2010
brinan said:
D2Synua said:
This is so bad compared to the LN lol...

This is my thoughts in a nutshell, this arc wasn't terrible just going by the anime methinks... but dear lawrd they cut alot of script, scenes and a major character. LN is better for sure

Wish people would stop talking about the light novel in here. Its really getting annoying.

Great conclusion to the arc. Loved the chemistry between Kirito and Asuna. Lastly, they've introduced Laughing Coffin now as the bad PK guild.

5/5
Aug 11, 2012 6:26 PM
Aug 2012
The manga for SAO is horribly slow, imo.

I heard the next episode is going to be another side story.

Aug 11, 2012 6:28 PM

Oct 2011
I liked this episode just for the interaction between Kirito and Asuna :/

3/5
Aug 11, 2012 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
OS_Christina706 said:
I liked this episode just for the interaction between Kirito and Asuna :/

3/5

It's romantic and plastic!

Honestly, same. I only enjoyed their discussions, the overall episode and mystery was a bore.
Aug 11, 2012 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
jesseman1993 said:

erm, there are some quests that were mentioned that give you food as a reward that increases your stats but nothing about actual bought food that does the same thing

there is nothing in the LN about already spoilt food like in fallout, it usually becomes expired and then disappears as it rots, which is different from fallout where the food doesn't expire and gives you rads where it will eventually make you sick unless you visit a doctor

players mainly eat because even though they know that their body is being fed through a tube, in their minds they haven't eaten and they feel hungry in their head which can affect your thinking when you are activating sword skills/battling, so its like food for thought, literally

also food is one of the few pleasures of SAO, which can relieve the stress of playing a death game
Aug 11, 2012 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
ehh best part of this was that ending KIRITO X ASUNA is slowly on it's way seems pretty set and stone that their gonna get married later on

looking forward to when they get back to the frontlines
Aug 11, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 2009
teloportation and armor heatlh kill are a combo to deceive death, that was clever

not a bad episode this week that was a good watch
Aug 11, 2012 6:53 PM
Oct 2010
bmadfsh said:
It's getting tiresome seeing "LN is better" over and over in the episode discussion lol. I think we've all asserted that the the anime at the moment is inferior to the LN and having pacing troubles.
This...

Honestly, we get it, no need to bitch about it again and again.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 11, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2010
jesseman1993 said:
lol
I find that stupid also. It's not realistic at all to have done that to Mr.Sandwich!
Vhaeraun said:
It adds realism. If you leave a sandwich out on a table for an extended period, it will putrefy and become gross. So if you could make a sandwich in a video game last forever, it removes said realism from the game. Many RPGs have similar systems already.
Yeah but not instantly like that. Needs expiry time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 11, 2012 7:00 PM

May 2010
I liked this weeks episode.

It was nice to see Kirito's and Asuna's relationship grow. It was funny seeing Kirito's reactions to some of the stuff Asuna was saying to him.

Grimlock's reason for murdering his wife was messed up, then he tries to justify it by saying it was out of "Love". (Does it say what happens to Grimlock in the LN? I haven't gotten that far in the LN yet and I was just wondering.)
Aug 11, 2012 7:04 PM
Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah but not instantly like that. Needs expiry time.

Asuna did say that she made it that morning; which means the expiry time had been running all day. Maybe hitting the ground removed what was left, causing it to expire on contact. They never stated how the durability on food actually worked, so that's as likely as any explanation.
Aug 11, 2012 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Well not bad episode even that i didnt like how they adapt it.....

The Laughing Coffin part was pretty much destroy not only they not even show who the trio were just the scene was meh...also Kirito riding the horse i expected something better.

Also the part between Yoruko,Caynz,Schmitt and Grimlock was less emotional but also predictable since just needed to finish the mystery.

Besides thats was a decent episode but really expected a little more but is a adaptation so i will stop bitching -.-

One good thing were the AsunaxKirito scenes,they were pretty good!! Specially the last scene when Asuna asked to add Kirito into her friend list.

Well next episode will be the last side story so we can start with the main story!!

BTW Tsundere Asuna for the win!!!

GIF's and more on the Club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=475943&show=0#post1
Aug 11, 2012 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
Well what I can say is that... Being a possessive bastard is no good, you must let your partner express themselves and love every side they have. Goddammit I learned that lesson slow! but yeah good episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 11, 2012 7:06 PM

Aug 2008
bmadfsh said:
Laughing Coffin fleeing just because Kirito was there,

Well actually they left because he said others were coming

Aug 11, 2012 7:09 PM
Apr 2011
Kenju said:
bmadfsh said:
Laughing Coffin fleeing just because Kirito was there,

Well actually they left because he said others were coming

Yea, I know it's been said before, but I wish they had kept the exchange Laughing Coffin and Kirito had from the LN. It wouldn't have taken too much longer, and would've helped show Kirito as a badass more than it did xD
Aug 11, 2012 7:19 PM

Jul 2011
is it just me? or has kirito's hair gotten longer?

it seems like it has gotten considerably longer as the series has progressed and he is looking more and more like the kirito from the LN
Aug 11, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2012
Loved Kirino X asuna moments, really hope they get to together possibly marriage. Couldn't imagine that they faked their deaths that way though... maybe that guy's wife did the same thing? which is why she showed up to the end of the episode, who knows...
Aug 11, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2007
Had a decent twist, but still as boring as the last one.
Aug 11, 2012 7:41 PM

Aug 2011
I liked this episode, although I don't really have much to say about it. Just some Kirito x Asuna fluff here and there. I do hope they get to the main plot soon, though.

Also, the art they showed at the end of that episode was the best.
Aug 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Mar 2011
Grimlock is insane, his reasoning doesn't make sense and I love how Asuna said it is just posession
Best thing of this ep is Asuna and Kirito relationship development :)
The mystery resolved and it was pretty good, but some felt left out
overall good episode, better than other side stories at least

It's getting annoying looking at people saying the LN is better or people who came here saying it was boring, bla bla without any intention to discuss it
Firixizu_MintAug 11, 2012 11:35 PM
Aug 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Apr 2012
raxius1230 said:

Also Kirito throwing knives like a boss!!

Wouldn't really count these as knives. They look like Nails (building) IMO ..
Aug 11, 2012 8:18 PM
Aug 2012
I'm not going to say i din't like it, but i'm glad something is going on between Kirito and Asuna~
Aug 11, 2012 8:22 PM
Apr 2011
booooooring.....most overated show ever
Aug 11, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2009
Is Lisbeth also a side story? Are there any more side stories after Lisbeth?
Aug 11, 2012 8:35 PM
Jun 2011
I felt like i was spoon feed all that indirect flirting but it was nice I like kirito x Asuna.
Aug 11, 2012 8:42 PM
Apr 2011
Kurogashi said:
Is Lisbeth also a side story? Are there any more side stories after Lisbeth?

Lisbet is a side story, aye. Aside from that, there is Morning Dew Girl, but since that takes place during the main story, we'll be able to see the beginning of the main plot after this next side story.
Aug 11, 2012 8:43 PM

May 2011
Yay, more relevant plot development. And that marriage thing was interesting.
Aug 11, 2012 8:59 PM

Aug 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
dam, i really hate myself, i like the anime but i can't help but feel that it is inferior to the LN, i mean the Light Novel was so much better compared to this but all in all the episode was good 5/5

I'm satisfied with the episode as an LN reader and am just along for the ride.

Of course, I had wished for more impact direction, but it's just quibbling. For example, they clearly have a limited amount of time to explain things, so it would have been better to use disjointed scenes and narration.

For example: it's boring to see Asuna and Kirito discuss things while sitting at an Inn. It broke the tension at the graveyard too. So why not have Kirito and Asuna narrate their thoughts while the camera follows the confrontation with the laughing coffin, while a shadow is watching the scene in the background. And then, just as the marriage issue comes up, Grimlock's twisted face appears.

Techniques like this were used in Episode 4 and could have easily kept the story flowing without adding to production cost or sacrificing storyboard material. Fideility to the LN is fine, but direction creativity is better.

kamikaze_1996 said:
anyway, this episode explains a lot of the last episode at how all the character emotions felt so forced at the end, when they were actually acting the whole time just to trick schmitt who was the main suspect

Aside from directing, there was also the lack of proper music. That played a big role in the lack of emotion.

kamikaze_1996 said:
im looking forward to the next episode and lizbets debut

I've been waiting 6 weeks for this one. ^_^

Aug 11, 2012 8:59 PM
Oct 2008
Even though I had read the ln I still find the words from grim lock shocking

Also sandwich-kun Nôooooooo!
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
36 minutes ago

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.