Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2012 1:39 AM

Apr 2012
Shhh, don't speak about AC, they'll start making topics to make it look like a rip off.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 16, 2012 5:06 AM
May 2012
I didn't like this arc, i think next episode will be much better.

3/5
Aug 16, 2012 5:37 AM

Dec 2010
Actually, the scenery and the cloak made me think of AC, but the whole flapping your arms like a bird and throwing knives seems more like a hint towards Naruto. xD
Aug 16, 2012 7:14 AM

Apr 2009
Woah a real ghost in a virtual world! o_O

Oh well it was all pragmatic, romantic, plastic... LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 16, 2012 7:19 AM

Jul 2011
tofei said:

Oh well it was all pragmatic, romantic, plastic... LOL

So if a ghost appeared in the real world would be more credible?
Aug 16, 2012 7:36 AM

Apr 2009
aiNkyy said:
tofei said:

So if a ghost appeared in the real world would be more credible?

Well it could be a glitch... LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 16, 2012 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
Vhaeraun said:

They've spoken of the power of the Cardinal System in later side stories. Apparently the system is powerful enough to take rumor and superstition and turn it into quests - a literal unlimited quest system, if you will. Given the allusion to the power of the system, it could be reasoned that the Cardinal System saved Character data - not life, but appearance and maybe even mannerisms - for use at a later date. They never really explained what the system can and cannot do, so it could just be wishful thinking.

This is the explanation to the apparition of the "ghost".

Autocrat said:
Aug 16, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
After reading the LN up to around Chapter 20 the pacing seems alright, at first I was expecting the anime to show more floors, especially the earlier ones but it's not necessary now I know that a huge part of this series revolves around romance. With this in mind I enjoy the series even more and along with Kokoro Connect has made this season pretty good :)

As for this episode in particular, it seems obvious that Asuna wants to get closer to Kirito.. and damn am I jealous, lol.
Aug 16, 2012 10:57 PM

Dec 2011
The arc was wrapped quickly than I thought.
Love the part where they talked about the marriage and adding friends.
Their romance is just starting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 1:39 AM

Dec 2010
I was actually hoping to see more of the early stages, before the romance. To be honest, I absolutely love romance stories, but there's not enough mature passion within most anime/manga. I really hope the anime will show some love scenes. I would melt...of joy.
Aug 17, 2012 3:13 AM

Feb 2012
Zombiekop said:
I was actually hoping to see more of the early stages, before the romance. To be honest, I absolutely love romance stories, but there's not enough mature passion within most anime/manga. I really hope the anime will show some love scenes. I would melt...of joy.

Not sure what you had in thought, but keep in mind that it is rated " PG-13". :3
Aug 17, 2012 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
Scoops said:
Zombiekop said:

Not sure what you had in thought, but keep in mind that it is rated " PG-13". :3

Check out Accel World. It's rate PG-13 and it has awesome Ecchi moments.

It doesn't matter if it's rated PG-13, romance has no age limit.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 9:20 AM

Mar 2012
Immahnoob said:
Scoops said:
Zombiekop said:

Romance has no age limit indeed, but what Zombiekop was looking for ("mature passion" / "love scenes") might not be appropriate for viewers under the age of 13. Of course, he didn't say what exactly he wanted to see, but the word choice suggests at least kissing will be involved.

Also, SAO isn't an ecchi-heavy series at all, neither is AW imo, so I wouldn't count on it.
Aug 17, 2012 9:26 AM

Apr 2012
tezann_t said:
Immahnoob said:
Scoops said:
Zombiekop said:

Romance has no age limit indeed, but what Zombiekop was looking for ("mature passion" / "love scenes") might not be appropriate for viewers under the age of 13. Of course, he didn't say what exactly he wanted to see, but the word choice suggests at least kissing will be involved.

Also, SAO isn't an ecchi-heavy series at all, neither is AW imo, so I wouldn't count on it.

Getting in the shower with a naked girl.

Seeing her naked, outside the shower.

One scene in the ending that shows Kuroyukihime's flat chest (yes, even her nipples, if you watch it carefully).

Bathing scenes.

Beach scenes, with oil massage and nice bath suits.

Haru, imagining ecchi things, like a threesome.

Robot fanservice moments too.

Etc, etc, etc.

It seems, that AW didn't care much, that it's PG-13. Why should SAO care? I mean, seriously. Do you think that any kid, that watches anime, will look, at the age limit? I'm sorry, but I know some, that don't give, the slightest fuck, noyoureinsane is an example of an user that looks at anime R+.

"Mature love stories" can be mature without, you know, sexual scenes. Just, normal relationships. Come on, romance will always be for all ages.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
I see marriage on the horizon!
Aug 17, 2012 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
Gigarit said:
I see marriage on the horizon!

You know what's the reason for divorce?

Marriage.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
dam another sdiscussion about fanservice

i hope SAO doesn't follow the footsteps of AW, its more of a serious anime, real life and death situations unlike AW, in the LN they very rarely had any fanservice, the anime seems to be following the LN close and although they went over the top with that fanservice with silica, they seemed to stopped with it, i doubt they would carry on adding fanservice that wasn't in the LN as it would ruin the serious aspect of SAO

simply put i dont want unneeded fanservice, what i want is a story

the only part that i want fanservice on is when they reach chapter 16 because thats the best fanservice ever! :DDDDDDD

Aug 17, 2012 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:

i hope SAO doesn't follow the footsteps of AW, its more of a serious anime, real life and death situations unlike AW, in the LN they very rarely had any fanservice, the anime seems to be following the LN close and although they went over the top with that fanservice with silica, they seemed to stopped with it, i doubt they would carry on adding fanservice that wasn't in the LN as it would ruin the serious aspect of SAO

the only part that i want fanservice on is when they reach chapter 16 because thats the best fanservice ever! :DDDDDDD

Because they can't add random fanservice and still tell you the story...?

Seriously, even showing off cleavage is fanservice.

And AW is a good anime. I don't understand you guys.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 2011
Asuna is so stupidly tsundere. Barf.

So they could've just checked their friends list to tell that she wasn't dead? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Aug 17, 2012 2:22 PM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

Because they can't add random fanservice and still tell you the story...?

Seriously, even showing off cleavage is fanservice.

And AW is a good anime. I don't understand you guys.

so far they have been cutting out good scenes in the LN just to save time,

they did this so because they simply can't fit everything in one episode and so they can get in the main points , i don't want them to have cut out perfectly good scenes just so that they could fit in a random ecchi moment such as i dunno getting attacked by a tentacle plant and waste the precious time they saved when they cut out a scene

i don't consider showing off Cleavage fanservice, unless its overused then i would consider it bad fanservice, but in SAO there aren't many clothes that are too revealing so its not really a problem

also just saying that the whole thing with ass scenes was overrated

"OMG, 3 seconds of ass, this is a fanservice anime FAPFAPFAP"
seriously, what has the world come to if people consider that major fanservice?

I never said AW was bad i expected fanservice in their anime and the fanservice doesn't really affect the main story or the seriousness of it all, it works for AW but it just doesn't work for SAO

but tbh, i prefer SAO more than AW, better story, better main male lead, cooler plot and its life and death
Aug 17, 2012 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Huh, I don't care what you consider fanservice.

Fanservice as a fact includes show of cleavage.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Asuna is so stupidly tsundere. Barf.

So they could've just checked their friends list to tell that she wasn't dead? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

*facepalm* you do realise that she purposely let them know her location and that she was alive so that they would realise its just a trick to get the culprit to confess and know that she is safe and sound

if she wanted to she could of just deleted asuna from her friends list and she wouldn't know anything
Aug 17, 2012 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
Huh, I don't care what you consider fanservice.

Fanservice as a fact includes show of cleavage.

ugh, why the hell are we talking about what fanservice? who cares about show showing off cleavage

if you went to a party or a wedding or whatever, would you consider that the girls are trying to please other guys by wearing a dress that shows off their cleavage

same thing with an anime, if they show a girl wearing a dress that shows off their cleavage, i wouldn't call it fanservice unless the anime was purposely trying to present it as that, such as i dunno getting it to go 'boing' boing'

SAO does none of this, except in episode 4 where they went ott with the panties thing,
Aug 17, 2012 3:06 PM

Apr 2012
Again, it does not matter how you call it. Your opinion does not matter in this discussion.

FANSERVICE as A FACT includes sexual imagery. CLEAVAGE is SEXUAL IMAGERY.

CAPSLOCK SHOWS MY POINTS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Reality also has nothing to do with this, and yes, girls show off their cleavage to look attractive, if that's not their reason, then they're idiots.

I'm talking about fanservice because some guy said that they wouldn't like "mature romance" that he said could include "fanservice". And I said it could be a normal relationship.

Also, SAO would be 10x more epic if it had more fanservice.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
Again, it does not matter how you call it. Your opinion does not matter in this discussion.

Reality also has nothing to do with this, and yes, girls show off their cleavage to look attractive, if that's not their reason, then they're idiots.

I'm talking about fanservice because some guy said that they wouldn't like "mature romance" that he said could include "fanservice". And I said it could be a normal relationship.

im baffled, i was trying to emphasise that the people calling this a proper fanservice anime are ridiculous as it doesn't really present itself as one appart from ep.4,, but yea fanservice is essentially trying to please the fans with things such as sexual imagery, however not all fans are pleased by this and some don't even notice it, which was what i was trying to get across, well whatever im just gonna stop this pointless argument because i don't even know why im arguing about what fanservice is

but what i will argue about is that SAO would not be 10x as epic with more fanservice, the best example of how bad fanservice makes this show is ep.4 nuff said
Aug 17, 2012 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
Immahnoob said:

im baffled, i was trying to emphasise that the people calling this a proper fanservice anime are ridiculous as it doesn't really present itself as one appart from ep.4,, but yea fanservice is essentially trying to please the fans with things such as sexual imagery, however not all fans are pleased by this and some don't even notice it, which was what i was trying to get across, well whatever im just gonna stop this pointless argument because i don't even know why im arguing about what fanservice is

but what i will argue about is that SAO would not be 10x as epic with more fanservice, the best example of how bad fanservice makes this show is ep.4 nuff said

Then you don't know what you're talking about. End of story.

Fanservice will always make things better.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
^ fanservice does not make this show better, like i said haven't you seen what it did to episode 4 with silica's character, even though i may not know much about how fanservice works but i do know a lot about SAO and i know enough about fanservice to know it has done more harm than good in this anime
Aug 17, 2012 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
^ fanservice does not make this show better, like i said haven't you seen what it did to episode 4 with silica's character, even though i may not know much about how fanservice works but i do know a lot about SAO and i know enough about fanservice to know it has done more harm than good in this anime

What did it do?

Care to explain at least?

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 4:44 PM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

What did it do?

oh god, i really hate having to explain in detail so ill make this quick so bear with me

it ruined silica's character, in the whole episode she was worrying about her panties being shown off when in the LN she did no such thing, also the anime practically wasted time on the random plant attacks and fanservice instead of focusing on her development and her and pina's relationship, which was important in the LN as it was touching and very good

they could of shown her reviving Pina in the end and being reunited in a touching way which will emphasis how kirito has changed and it will contrast what he failed to do (reviving/saving someone important to you)

but instead they gave random plant attacks and pantyshots and wasted time that could of been given to Pina

i also hate the way they made silica googly eyed over kirito instead of actually caring about Pina, for instance imagine asuna helping kirito revive sachi and they were successful, would kirito suddenly forget his feelings for sachi and then suddenly fall for asuna without even caring for sachi?

hell no, but they did the exact same thing with silica, it was as if she instantly forgot about Pina when she was with him

bottom line, if they stopped wasting time with the fanservice, it would have been much much better,
Aug 17, 2012 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

What did it do?

oh god, i really hate having to explain in detail so ill make this quick so bear with me

it ruined silica's character, in the whole episode she was worrying about her panties being shown off when in the LN she did no such thing, also the anime practically wasted time on the random plant attacks and fanservice instead of focusing on her development and her and pina's relationship, which was important in the LN as it was touching and very good

they could of shown her reviving Pina in the end and being reunited in a touching way which will emphasis how kirito has changed and it will contrast what he failed to do (reviving/saving someone important to you)

but instead they gave random plant attacks and pantyshots and wasted time that could of been given to Pina

i also hate the way they made silica googly eyed over kirito instead of actually caring about Pina, for instance imagine asuna helping kirito revive sachi and they were successful, would kirito suddenly forget his feelings for sachi and then suddenly fall for asuna without even caring for sachi?

hell no, but they did the exact same thing with silica, it was as if she instantly forgot about Pina when she was with him

bottom line, if they stopped wasting time with the fanservice, it would have been much much better,

The relationship with the random pet was so touching...

Also, so evil of Silica in the anime to like Kirito because he saved her ass all episode. Evil.

Those panties were also slapping us everytime we didn't look at them.

Yes indeed.

Where's the fanservice again?

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 5:21 PM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

What did it do?

The relationship with the random pet was so touching...

Also, so evil of Silica in the anime to like Kirito because he saved her ass all episode. Evil.

Those panties were also slapping us everytime we didn't look at them.

Yes indeed.

Where's the fanservice again?

seriously? you never even saw the overused tentacle scenes, for a guy like you who calls exposed cleavage fanservice its a wonder how you don't consider that fanservice

its a waste of time trying to argue with you noob, have you even read the LN, if you did you would know how much they flopped in silica's development and failed in that episode,

Pina was important to her, he was her trusted partner more than anyone in SAO, most other guys only liked her for her mascot capabilities so he was her only real friend, he saved her and helped her in SAO instead of showing this they give tentacle scenes and present silica as nothing more than a means of fanservice, the whole revival of Pina wasn't meaningful and was only a way for her to be with kirito

also it isn't about the fact that she falls for kirito, its about the fact that she is more focused on kirito than Pina and because they focused on fanservice they downgraded her character as nothing more than loli who is worried about her panties being seen by the guy she likes

any other person who has read the LN would agree with me on this

fanservice DOES NOT ALWAYS MAKE A SHOW BETTER
Aug 17, 2012 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
After you took that comment, seriously.

You lost that glimmer of respect you had from me.

It was so tiny, that you couldn't see it anymore.

Now it defied the laws of Chemistry and Physics and it disintegrated, not transforming in anything else, it just disappeared.

You're the single person on this site that didn't like episode 4.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 6:07 PM

Jul 2011
-__-? dafuq are you on about noob?

again, i never said i didn't like that episode, i personally liked the part where he owns "titans hand", but it failed on everything else, also i don't know whether you saw the poll/thread or not but there were people who didn't like episode 4, especially people who didn't like overuse of fanservice,

your deluded if think everyone liked episode 4 and everyone likes fanservice and that fanservice will make everything better

i honestly don't care if you lost respect for me, i dont know you, to me your just a guy who thinks with his dick only cares about fanservice and doesn't mind there being no real development as long as theres fanservice to help you fap

Immahnoob said:

Fanservice will always make things better.
ZeroKamikazeAug 17, 2012 6:13 PM
Aug 17, 2012 6:26 PM

May 2012
I hope it gets more interesting next week.
I like it when they talk about love.
Aug 17, 2012 6:43 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The conclusion to this was a bit dodgy in my opinion; things need to start picking up from here on out.

3/5
Aug 17, 2012 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
Immahnoob said:

No matter which way you spin it, great series don't need fan service for them to be great. Take Code Geass. I don't think a single person who's gone through the entire 2 seasons would remember the series being one full of fan service, but it's received overwhelmingly positive reviews across the board. Is fan service prevalent? Yes. But is it always a positive factor? No. If it's true that fan service is always better, then plot depth wouldn't be required at all. Simple logic.

For your information, I could be the second person on the site who didn't like episode 4. I thought it was okay, but the random tentacle grab moments were by far the least necessary fan service moments when the series is already compressed as is.
Aug 18, 2012 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
tezann_t said:
Immahnoob said:

No matter which way you spin it, great series don't need fan service for them to be great. Take Code Geass. I don't think a single person who's gone through the entire 2 seasons would remember the series being one full of fan service, but it's received overwhelmingly positive reviews across the board. Is fan service prevalent? Yes. But is it always a positive factor? No. If it's true that fan service is always better, then plot depth wouldn't be required at all. Simple logic.

For your information, I could be the second person on the site who didn't like episode 4. I thought it was okay, but the random tentacle grab moments were by far the least necessary fan service moments when the series is already compressed as is.

It was an exaggeration to show that you, him and the other fifty people are just a minority.

Let's also not forget that Anime sells mostly because of Fan Service.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 1:16 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
tezann_t said:
Immahnoob said:

It was an exaggeration to show that you, him and the other fifty people are just a minority.

Let's also not forget that Anime sells mostly because of Fan Service.

i wouldn't call it a minority considering the fact that i also didn't enjoy the fanservice in episode 4 and was disappointed at how they focused on pointless fanservice and not the development of silica, the whole episode made me lose respect for silica as a character especially when she barely gets an appearance in the light novel

although in your book i would be the 3ird, its still 2 more than you

if you think anime sells mostly because of fanservice your even more ridiculous than i thought
Aug 18, 2012 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
You don't know the anime community then. Also, Fan Service includes anything that does not move the plot in any way. Like explosions, long fights, shoots of robots in mecha anime, violence, easter eggs etc. Adding some tits and explosions here and there won't change much, only if they don't know how to use it properly (AKA, they use entire scenes for it, when they can simply show, for example, some boobs from a distance).

And you barely joined either.

Be careful what you say on the Forums, you can easily get rustled, heed my words.

Anyways, I'm sure you can easily tag this as a Shounen even with the slight Ecchi moments.

You're a girl, I think you couldn't care less of ecchi moments in a Shounen anime, except if you're a lesbian, which I couldn't care less about.

Thus, I think your opinion is even more biased than Kamikaze's.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 1:41 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
You don't know the anime community then. Also, Fan Service includes anything that does not move the plot in any way. Like explosions, long fights, shoots of robots in mecha anime, violence, easter eggs etc. Adding some tits and explosions here and there won't change much, only if they don't know how to use it properly (AKA, they use entire scenes for it, when they can simply show, for example, some boobs from a distance).

Be careful what you say on the Forums, you can easily get rustled, heed my words.

Anyways, I'm sure you can easily tag this as a Shounen even with the slight Ecchi moments.

You're a girl, I think you couldn't care less of ecchi moments in a Shounen anime, except if you're a lesbian, which I couldn't care less about.

thanks for the consideration but i don't need it

i know what fanservice is, and even if you say that my point still stands, just having fanservice doesn't make an anime good or better than anime which doesn't have a lot of it, nor does having more fanservice mean more sales, which is why i say your ridiculous to think it does

bias has nothing to do with this, the fact is silica's development was handled poorly, you can't deny that, if you have even read the LN you would know this actually you don't even need to read it to know it
Aug 18, 2012 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
AsadaShino said:
Immahnoob said:

i know what fanservice is, and even if you say that my point still stands, just having fanservice doesn't make an anime good or better than anime which doesn't have a lot of it, nor does having more fanservice mean more sales, which is why i say your ridiculous to think it does

bias has nothing to do with this, the fact is silica's development was handled poorly, you can't deny that, if you have even read the LN you would know this actually you don't even need to read it to know it

Who cares of the LN anyways, we're talking about the anime here...

You and two others didn't like one episode that I've seen as good to amazing. Boohoo.

Since when don't explosions and T&A don't sell? Actually, those makes the sales skyrocket if it's even a GC style anime. GC had so much fanservice that you would think haters would try to take it down. Nope, it seems it was an amazing piece of work for most people.

Also, for you thinking it isn't adding to sales. Uh huh. Let us pray the reality prayer.

Lord, please pray for the soul of this Idealist/Biased person/etc. And guide my response hand and make it strong, Lord, so he/she might learn, reality. Amen.

Her development was fine, and it's obvious they're focusing on Kirito in the anime and not the other usually useless characters that nobody cares of.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
AsadaShino said:
Immahnoob said:

Who cares of the LN anyways, we're talking about the anime here...

You and two others didn't like one episode that I've seen as good to amazing. Boohoo.

Since when don't explosions and T&A don't sell? Actually, those makes the sales skyrocket if it's even a GC style anime. GC had so much fanservice that you would think haters would try to take it down. Nope, it seems it was an amazing piece of work for most people.

Also, for you thinking it isn't adding to sales. Uh huh. Let us pray the reality prayer.

Lord, please pray for the soul of this Idealist/Biased person/etc. And guide my response hand and make it strong, Lord, so he/she might learn, reality. Amen.

Her development was fine, and it's obvious they're focusing on Kirito in the anime and not the other usually useless characters that nobody cares of.

i don't believe in god so your sarcastic prayer is useless

i was talking about the anime and i was referring to the LN, i wasn't talking about how the novel story whatsoever

you see it as 3 people complaining about episode 4 which you liked, but i see it as you getting butthurt about your precious fanservice of silica being disliked by the majority of people here

GC sold well not because of the fanservice but more because of the OSTs and its not like the fanservice within it made it a better show, for most it was due to the story and characters, i actually remember GC getting alot of hate for the unneeded fanservice and the rating dropping

also im talking mainly about the anime sales and the anime quality itself, although fanbooks or ecchi magazines or whatever can sell using fanservice but those are completely different things aimed at different audiences, the anime DVDs itself won't sell just because of more pointless fanservice, if it was filled with ecchi scenes and pointless action where it leads nowhere, it won't be a good anime

if people wanted pointless fanservice such as action, they would watch the mainstream shounens, if they wanted ecchi scenes they would watch a harem,ecchi comedy, when people are watching this, they want a story, plot and development not stupid cliche ecchi scenes like in ep.4

so quit talking out of your ass, unless you can tell me how more fanservice like in ep.4 will make this anime better i have nothing more to say to you
Aug 18, 2012 2:40 AM

Apr 2012
Majority of people being you and two other people against the other 407 that voted 5/5 for EP 4. Or more like, you + 25 people vs 554 people that voted over 2/5.

And I wanted to say CG, my bad.

And you're actually missing the point, too bad you don't understand. MOST people WANT fanservice. Nobody cares of the minority that you are part of. MAL actually IS a minority of the fan base. And only a handful of forumers actually hate fan service or deem it as pointless. Also, DVD/Blu-Ray sales for good story and ecchi always skyrocketed, Bakemonogatari as example.

Oh no, because this isn't mainstream? I'm sorry, have you seen the hype and how slightly overrated SAO is? I'm sorry, you just came in today, what do you know. You're also a female, and factually speaking, females don't get as aroused as men from sexual imagery. Also, it's not a shoujo, thus there's no fan service for you.

Also, one good example of awesome ecchi anime that actually forwarded it's story properly. HotD.

When people are watching this, they want to be entertained, story, character development and of course, the never ending dream that is fan service.

You could quit talking at all, you're full on bad at this stuff. That episode showed us enough of Silica's character and relationship with Pina. I think I did state that fan service does not forward the story most of the times, even if here it was used to slap you in the face that Silica actually likes Kirito, a lot. And it's obvious that even from what she said the last time, that the episode was actually more focused on Kirito.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 3:20 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
Majority of people being you and two other people against the other 407 that voted 5/5 for EP 4. Or more like, you + 25 people vs 554 people that voted over 2/5.

And I wanted to say CG, my bad.

And you're actually missing the point, too bad you don't understand. MOST people WANT fanservice. Nobody cares of the minority that you are part of. MAL actually IS a minority of the fan base. And only a handful of forumers actually hate fan service or deem it as pointless. Also, DVD/Blu-Ray sales for good story and ecchi always skyrocketed, Bakemonogatari as example.

Oh no, because this isn't mainstream? I'm sorry, have you seen the hype and how slightly overrated SAO is? I'm sorry, you just came in today, what do you know. You're also a female, and factually speaking, females don't get as aroused as men from sexual imagery. Also, it's not a shoujo, thus there's no fan service for you.

Also, one good example of awesome ecchi anime that actually forwarded it's story properly. HotD.

When people are watching this, they want to be entertained, story, character development and of course, the never ending dream that is fan service.

You could quit talking at all, you're full on bad at this stuff. That episode showed us enough of Silica's character and relationship with Pina. I think I did state that fan service does not forward the story most of the times, even if here it was used to slap you in the face that Silica actually likes Kirito, a lot. And it's obvious that even from what she said the last time, that the episode was actually more focused on Kirito.

your a bigger idiot than i thought, you say that this forum is the minority yet you still refer to the poll in this forum

i though of that episode as 4/5, although the i hated the pointless fanservice, they still did a good job of handling the scene of kirito facing TH alone which outweighed the fanservice imo, the polls for episode 4 are meaningless in this argument

im talking about the fanservice ecchi aspect of SAO that you rate so highly which DOES NOT SUIT this type of anime

sex, race does not matter, nor does how long youve been in this forum, if you think of it like that then i know much more about how SAO works than you when ive read all the LN's and know the story inside out, how they adapted it, along with the flaws, you know nothing about the mainstory and how poorlu they adapted silica

Hotd was meant to be a fanservice anime, it was rated 17+ and was based on its very ecchi manga, you can't compare the two when they have different audiences

when people are watching this anime they want story, character and plot developments, a little fanservice is fine but not big to the point where it will affect the other 3 like in episode 4

ill repeat again, unless you can tell me how much more fanservice like in ep.4 will make this anime better i have nothing more to say to you

i can tell you this now more unneeded fanservice will just ruin SAO and will only end up displeasing the audience and do more harm than good

so far they have rushed the anime ALOT, just to save time so that they could cover the story properly and yet you say you want them to waste time on mundane fanservice like in episode 4 you are a biggest idiot ive ever encountered in a forum, i really hope that the other people here sexist pervs who think of nothing but fanservice because i was hoping to get in a proper discussion with sensible people, i wasn't expecting to get into an argument about such a stupid thing such as fanservice

im willing to bet my virginity that the ratings for this anime dropped significantly after episode 4 instead of increasing, which proves my point that more fanservice doesn't mean better
Aug 18, 2012 3:30 AM

Apr 2012
There's no point in talking to you, as you don't really understand how business goes. I'm referring to the minority out of the minority. This anime forums are a minority and the ones that hate fanservice out of this minority are also are a handful. Also, you're more of a child then I thought. OFF TOPIC: You're*

The fanservice wasn't even much, also, that fight they had was also fanservice if you didn't knew.

Fanservice suits any type of anime, what the heck are you talking about?

Of course it does, most females I've met on these forums have something in common, they hate fanservice for some reason. Scientifically speaking, it's also a tad normal. I don't know of any other females, thus, this here is biased except for the scientific part where females really have a harder time at getting aroused from sexual imagery. Who cares how much you read...? You do understand that this is the anime discussion, it's THE ANIME DISCUSSION, it's NOT the LN discussion. Who cares of the main story of the LN? It's the ANIME. ANIME. ANIME. ANIME. They adapted Silica well enough.

Many anime are meant to be fanservice anime, but mostly fail, HotD didn't, that's what I meant. Also, you think somebody cares if it's PG-13 or R+? No, they don't.

If you call that a lot of fanservice in episode 4, then porn always involves orgies with around 200 men and women in a stadium at the same time. Always. Also, explosions in action movies involve an explosion ever five seconds. I like your hyperbole, not as much as I like mine.

No, it won't ruin anything, actually. I think more fan service would get rid of people like you watching it and get some new fans that know what they're talking about.

You know, I'm not looking for fanservice to masturbate at. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, but no, if I wanted to do that, I'd watch porn. Instead, I'm just being open minded and also thinking about how fanservice used properly in no matter how much excess can allure more fans and make the show better. More appeasing.

No, it didn't drop, actually it raised by 0.02, only lately it dropped by 0.05.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 3:49 AM

Jul 2011
wtf happened? i leave for like few hours and a big debate has come up?

Immahnoob said:
There's no point in talking to you, as you don't really understand how business goes. I'm referring to the minority out of the minority. This anime forums are a minority and the ones that hate fanservice out of this minority are also are a handful. Also, you're more of a child then I thought. OFF TOPIC: You're*

The fanservice wasn't even much, also, that fight they had was also fanservice if you didn't knew.

Fanservice suits any type of anime, what the heck are you talking about?

Of course it does, most females I've met on these forums have something in common, they hate fanservice for some reason. Scientifically speaking, it's also a tad normal. I don't know of any other females, thus, this here is biased except for the scientific part where females really have a harder time at getting aroused from sexual imagery. Who cares how much you read...? You do understand that this is the anime discussion, it's THE ANIME DISCUSSION, it's NOT the LN discussion. Who cares of the main story of the LN? It's the ANIME. ANIME. ANIME. ANIME. They adapted Silica well enough.

Many anime are meant to be fanservice anime, but mostly fail, HotD didn't, that's what I meant. Also, you think somebody cares if it's PG-13 or R+? No, they don't.

If you call that a lot of fanservice in episode 4, then porn always involves orgies with around 200 men and women in a stadium at the same time. Always. Also, explosions in action movies involve an explosion ever five seconds. I like your hyperbole, not as much as I like mine.

No, it won't ruin anything, actually. I think more fan service would get rid of people like you watching it and get some new fans that know what they're talking about.

You know, I'm not looking for fanservice to masturbate at. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, but no, if I wanted to do that, I'd watch porn. Instead, I'm just being open minded and also thinking about how fanservice used properly in no matter how much excess can allure more fans and make the show better. More appeasing.

No, it didn't drop, actually it raised by 0.02, only lately it dropped by 0.05.

now i know that you are talking crap, the ratings decreased by 0.03 after that episode, rankings did in fact drop and has been doing that for a while now, it never raised

also i think she is talking more about the ecchi sense of fanservice in episode 4 more than the action kind, and she has a point, ecchi fanservice has no place in this anime, it does more harm than good

also quit saying that the majority want more ecchi fanservice when you don't even know yourself, you are clearly just making stuff up
ZeroKamikazeAug 18, 2012 3:53 AM
Aug 18, 2012 3:57 AM

Apr 2012
The votes don't lie.

Also, how does it do more harm than good...? I can't see how appeasing the fan can be bad in any way.

:) As you can see, Ep 4 against 6 for example. It seems the votes are going down, 5/5 is not the only option now. Also Ep 4 seems to have the highest votes on 5/5. Except for Ep 1, but that will always be awesome if it started awesome. And it really did give a good impression.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 4:08 AM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
The votes don't lie.

Also, how does it do more harm than good...? I can't see how appeasing the fan can be bad in any way.

:) As you can see, Ep 4 against 6 for example. It seems the votes are going down, 5/5 is not the only option now. Also Ep 4 seems to have the highest votes on 5/5. Except for Ep 1, but that will always be awesome if it started awesome. And it really did give a good impression.

*facepalm* the newcomer here pointed out why it was bad soo many times even wrote it in bold yet you chose to ignore it, you really are blind and deluded

Also, she already pointed out why the polls are useless in this argument aswell,

also you can't compare the polls when they have been released in different times, the episode 4 poll has been open for longer therefore more people have voted, also the episodes content are completely different

i could very well say that episode 1 had no ecchi fanservice therefore received a higher vote than episode 4, when thats completely absurd as there are too many variables to consider
Aug 18, 2012 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
Immahnoob said:
The votes don't lie.

*facepalm* the newcomer here pointed out why it was bad soo many times even wrote it in bold yet you chose to ignore it, you really are blind and deluded

Also, she already pointed out why the polls are useless in this argument aswell,

also you can't compare the polls when they have been released in different times, the episode 4 poll has been open for longer therefore more people have voted, also the episodes content are completely different

i could very well say that episode 1 had no ecchi fanservice therefore received a higher vote than episode 4, when thats completely absurd as there are too many variables to consider

Huh, Ep 1 had so many votes because it was the introduction and it went really well.

Yes, I choose to ignore nonsense. They're selling pretty well, they could make another season anytime if they want to, this anime is overhyped, overrated and surely has tons of fans.

Blind and deluded? Look who's speaking.

Autocrat said:
Aug 18, 2012 4:21 AM

Jul 2011
^ your a huge idiot, i just said there were too many variables to consider to compare episode polls

also what the hell are you talking about now? why are suddenly talking about how the anime is overhyped, overrated?

i feel like an idiot talking to someone who believes so much in ecchi fanservice and carries on changing the subject
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.