Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2012 11:02 AM

Nov 2009
LOL why do people still watch this show even though they called it shit? Just drop it already and stop whining for god sake.

Back to the topic, the episode was so so, they cut some part and make it shorter.

they cut Asuna's tsun moment
Aug 12, 2012 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
Vforvendetta said:

About that one character

xRaiNx said:
Speaking of Klein .. Why doesn't he make an Appearance ? like a real Episode .. He is my favorite !

Simple, he doesn't have any appearance in those side stories.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 12, 2012 12:16 PM

Jul 2011
xRaiNx said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Vhaeraun said:
mystik said:
eh it was okay. looking forward to the next arc now.

I mean the guy basically paid people to murder his wife, and what happens to him? his former friends just ..... take him off? he should be imprisoned for life or put down.

the mystery part was kinda lame. they just lost dura and teleported. what? oh well.

Well, they do have a prison within the game. THere wasn't any word at what his friends did to him, though, so who knows where they took him.

kamikaze_1996 said:

kirito wouldn't be able to take on all three of them at the same time, especially when one of them has a poison dagger capable of paralysing you, even with his high level he wouldn't be able to win, at best he could hold them off for a while until reinforcements come along, which kirito was actually bluffing about but luckily they took the bait and let them go

In the novel, he sent a message to Klein telling him to hold the reinforcements in the city because they left. I don't know how much of a bluff it was, but he showed up with the full intent of fighting (even though his entrance showed otherwise xD).

my mistake then, my memory is little foggy from that time, i think he also took an anti-poison pot beforehand, but i still don't think he could take on all three of them at once although he would give them a run for their money

Speaking of Klein .. Why doesn't he make an Appearance ? like a real Episode .. He is my favorite !

he doesn't make much of an appearance on the side stories, the only one he makes an appearance on is "red nose reindeer"

since next episode is "warmth of the heart" im guessing he is gonna make an appearance in episode 8
Aug 12, 2012 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
now that's something. kirito x asuna moemnts were pretty nice. also dat end art.
Aug 12, 2012 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
audiodoll said:
god damn this show is such shit

I imagine watching it side by side with After Story would make it all the shittier.

nobody forced you to watch it ;)
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 12, 2012 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
kaimax said:
Vforvendetta said:

About that one character

xRaiNx said:

Simple, he doesn't have any appearance in those side stories.

xRaiNx said:

he doesn't make much of an appearance on the side stories, the only one he makes an appearance on is "red nose reindeer"

since next episode is "warmth of the heart" im guessing he is gonna make an appearance in episode 8

ty :)

cant wait for next episode then :D

( lol i kinda f'd up the quotes .. sorry :P )
StarfieAug 12, 2012 12:26 PM
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 12, 2012 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
Finally some romance starts to appare......
Aug 12, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
So that was the whole reason for killing her? She changed? What the hell. The whole thing with the ring had nothing to do with it.

So I believe there will be one more side story and then it's back to the main story line. Can't wait!

Aug 12, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2011
Onyxthegreat said:
So that was the whole reason for killing her? She changed? What the hell. The whole thing with the ring had nothing to do with it.

So I believe there will be one more side story and then it's back to the main story line. Can't wait!

When you think about it, it is somewhat of a motive.

Griselda going from docile and moe style servant woman to an independent American style liberated leader was something Grimlock couldn't understand. Some men can't handle that shit. God just look it how fans react to idols who become sexually liberated and/or get boyfriends. They freak out like spoiled brats who realize their toy is tainted.

While the example with the characters and plot seemed a tad superficial in Reki's story. The main point stands. Stop treating women/idols like their possessions. You'll end up a bitter tool filled with hateful rage when the person shows any signs of independence.

------------------------------------

You know. I really feel like reading the LN a bit ago is ruining the anime for me. I'm starting to agree with the complaints about the anime series. They really are sniping, omitting, and simplifying a lot of good LN content for the anime adaptation. And some of the simplified dialogue is grossly plain compared to it's LN counterpart.

I don't despise the anime series. I understand the constraints that are needed to fit the series into a 2 cour series. Especially something as grand as the SAO LN series. I'm just thinking, "at what point is all the cutting and reworking too much to keep the quality intact?" As of right now, it's really treading that fine line for me.

For those anime only watchers that are enjoying the series. I highly recommend reading the series afterward. Especially if you have a lot of questions about the story and plot.
CirrisAug 12, 2012 1:33 PM
Aug 12, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2011
I can't wait to see more romance between Asuna and Kirito. Gahhh I am badly wanting to watch scenes like those at the end of the OP. And oooh so Kirito hasn't added any friends yet up to that part.
Aug 12, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
I loled too
That Grimlock guy sure did have some terrible resolve, all she said was barely a sentence
KenjuAug 12, 2012 1:27 PM

Aug 12, 2012 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
Solid but not amazing, it got the overall concept but lacked the details, it wasnt as good as last episode since they more or less ruined Laughing Coffin...Kirito didn't seem BA on the horse either like in the LN, but still not a bad episode, next week we get Lisbeth XD
Aug 12, 2012 1:28 PM

Oct 2008
audiodoll said:
god damn this show is such shit

What a most insightful and thought-provoking comment!
It must have taken hours to break down and analyze each scene before you compiled your results into such a concise statement! I marvel at your powers of deduction!

InfiniteDestiny said:
Solid but not amazing, it got the overall concept but lacked the details, it wasnt as good as last episode since they more or less ruined Laughing Coffin...Kirito didn't seem BA on the horse either like in the LN, but still not a bad episode, next week we get Lisbeth XD

They really didn't do Laughing Coffin justice. And this is from someone who has not ever read the source material.
Aug 12, 2012 1:32 PM
Apr 2011
Omniknight said:

They really didn't do Laughing Coffin justice. And this is from someone who has not ever read the source material.

I hope one day to read the side story on the raid against Laughing Coffin. They hint at it so much in the novels, but that wasn't any exposition detailing the events of the raid. Maybe Reki will include it in the Progressive series he's working on.
Aug 12, 2012 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
Here is what Sword art online does well. It’s not great, and I don’t think anything can make up for this last few episodes of all time skips and no characters development, but when they focus on Characters doing something instead of whatever happened over a 2 year period, things make a lot more sense and I can actually watch and enjoy this show. The first ep, The Dragon pet and girl episode and these last eps have actually been good and i was afraid that this show was going to continue sabotaging itself. I’m under the impression that the show is still going to be using time skips and that’s fine as long as it is like “Two months later at the begging of the ep and that’s it. not, 2 months, then 7 months then 5 days , then 92 weeks.

I hope this means we’ll be seeing more of Asuna. I like her and its pretty obvious she and Kirito are gonna be getting it on. I hoping for more cohesive stories, more intriguing than this murder mystery. They show has focused on some pking(as in they seem to be the only big bad we really get, and i mean..thats true, but..) more than I thought it would but everything I thought about this show is different then I thought it was gonna be(mostly for the worse) Anyway my faith in the show is just a itsy bitsy teeny-weeny bit restored thanks to this(and mainly) the DragonXGirl episode but I guess it truly all depends on how they do the next episode.

I really don’t have much else to say. The murder mystery wasn’t that great, the other characters were just their to show Asuna and Kirito working together, so that this ep would lead to them eventually getting together. There’s not much else reason for these last two eps. Please don’t disappoint me next week SAO. I really do want to like you but, you have so many problems.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Aug 12, 2012 2:41 PM

Feb 2012
Asuna says he just wanted to possess her and Grimlock falls down, do you seriously want me to believe that he realized it, just ike that?!
Aug 12, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2011
Zhou said:
Asuna says he just wanted to possess her and Grimlock falls down, do you seriously want me to believe that he realized it, just ike that?!

iknowright?

i seriously facepalmed myself at that moment, it wasn't how it was supposed to end and it added to the long list of why the LN is superior to the anime

im just glad they did it over a period of 2 episodes, if they did it 1 it would've been a complete mess
Aug 12, 2012 3:01 PM
Jul 2012
My god, this show is goddamn awful. Why am I still watching this? Is it because of the opening by LiSA? Yeah right, just like overrated shit Fate/Zero, good OP but the show is turrible.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Aug 12, 2012 3:12 PM

Aug 2008
kamikaze_1996 said:
Zhou said:

iknowright?

i seriously facepalmed myself at that moment, it wasn't how it was supposed to end and it added to the long list of why the LN is superior to the anime

im just glad they did it over a period of 2 episodes, if they did it 1 it would've been a complete mess

I don't have anything to say about comparison with LN, but yes, that moment deserves facepalms.
Aug 12, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2011
subpar episode. I was expecting intense,brutal PvP or GvG action but oh well
Aug 12, 2012 4:53 PM

Aug 2010
That resolve, I'm just glad that case is over with.
Aug 12, 2012 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
WOW! i did not see that twist at all!
Aug 12, 2012 4:59 PM

Aug 2011
Didn't like this episode that much. Maybe I have too high hopes.
Aug 12, 2012 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
I liked the twists in this mystery.Add that to more Kirito x Asuna moments and you have a pretty nice episode.Next Sunday,WHY U SO FAR??
Aug 12, 2012 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
I really hope SAO starts kicking when the main plot starts...

Oh god, please, you had a lot of potential and yet....
Aug 12, 2012 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
Zhou said:

To be fair they did a much better job in the LN with this moment. For those who're too lazy to read the novels, I've outlined a synopsis in the spoiler tag below. It really is just extra information now that the episode has concluded, but I hope it helps.

Given the amount of time they had with squeezing 1/4 of a novel into two episodes though, I gotta admit they did a decent job picking out the most important content to air. For those who didn't read the LN though, I think I can understand why it looks like a pile of crap.

zannettAug 12, 2012 5:56 PM
Aug 12, 2012 5:52 PM

Jul 2011
HauntingShock said:
I really hope SAO starts kicking when the main plot starts...

Oh god, please, you had a lot of potential and yet....

i also feel the same way, i keep feeling disappointed in the outcome of every episode, i dont whether this is because im an LN reader or because the series is actually bad

jugding by the votes and how the anime ranking isn't dropping dramatically, its most likely the former

but still, i hoped that it would at least impress me and give me the same excitement the LN gave me

i just hope they don't screw up "warmth of the heart", its one of my favourites
Aug 12, 2012 6:25 PM

Jun 2008
tezann_t said:
Zhou said:

To be fair they did a much better job in the LN with this moment. For those who're too lazy to read the novels, I've outlined a synopsis in the spoiler tag below. It really is just extra information now that the episode has concluded, but I hope it helps.

Given the amount of time they had with squeezing 1/4 of a novel into two episodes though, I gotta admit they did a decent job picking out the most important content to air. For those who didn't read the LN though, I think I can understand why it looks like a pile of crap.

Yeah, too bad they didn't adapt that scene, maybe they felt enough by just the "inventory" thing explained for the anime.

Aug 12, 2012 6:46 PM
Mar 2012
I've read the light novel up to Vol.2 and I do like the LN a bit more, but guys, this anime is still awesome so will u guys stop complaining?!?!?!?!?!?
Aug 12, 2012 7:09 PM

Oct 2009
I can't believe they just did this.

Holy mother of shit, I just shed some tears.

I just can't believe it. Why would they even consider doing this? How can a studio screw up an adaptation so badly?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2012 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
golila-3 said:
I've read the light novel up to Vol.2 and I do like the LN a bit more, but guys, this anime is still awesome so will u guys stop complaining?!?!?!?!?!?

This.

SAO is so hyped because so many people have read and loved the LN, but it's impossible to expect the anime to deliver the same impact while having to make edits to the plot for time restrictions. I'm guessing they want to leave more time for later where the plot really picks up. Regardless, there's really too much complaining on this board...
Aug 12, 2012 7:33 PM
Jul 2012
Really felt it bit boring. I disiked the amount of action that was in it(I just prefer animes to have battle scenes like mind, physical, digital etc.) Overall, it was nice to watch a little bit of a mystery.
Aug 12, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2010
tezann_t said:
golila-3 said:

This.

SAO is so hyped because so many people have read and loved the LN, but it's impossible to expect the anime to deliver the same impact while having to make edits to the plot for time restrictions. I'm guessing they want to leave more time for later where the plot really picks up. Regardless, there's really too much complaining on this board...

Agreed. It's also funny that a good amount of the butthurt contains complaining without examples to back it up.

This arc was enjoyable... a facepalm moment when Grimlock realized it wasn't real love w/ his wife... but overall, enjoyable and I look forward to the next episode.
Aug 12, 2012 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
MusashiRose said:
Agreed. It's also funny that a good amount of the butthurt contains complaining without examples to back it up.

This arc was enjoyable... a facepalm moment when Grimlock realized it wasn't real love w/ his wife... but overall, enjoyable and I look forward to the next episode.
>Without examples.
>Listing an example in the very next sentence.
Aug 12, 2012 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, screw this shit. Gonna catch up with the light novels.
Aug 12, 2012 7:54 PM
Apr 2011
tezann_t said:
golila-3 said:

This.

That's true. But to spam all of these side stories like this was kind of unnecessary. SAO is really hard to adapt because of the non-linear way it is written, so I guess that's a major reason for complaints. But for the side stories didn't need to be so fast paced, and this side story in particular could have been removed.

Thankfully, the main story will probably start after the next episode. That should be paced well.
Aug 12, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2011
Doing my best to not come to MAL for this anime while watching it - due to high spoiler content and such, but I plan to keep watching this.

As long as it doesn't go back to what EP04 was, it should be an amazing experience. But it has a lot to keep up.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Aug 12, 2012 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, side stories like this isn't bad i guess, it makes the series more interesting, as long as they won't rush the main story. Looking forward to the next side stories and of course the main one..
Aug 12, 2012 8:59 PM

Aug 2010
What a twisted man...an in-game wife and a wife in the real world. Such a corrupted mind.

I loled the moment Kirito drops his burger, at the same time I can relate how sad it is to drop food and it disappears...FOREVER! xD
Aug 12, 2012 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
Iniser said:

I'm glad they didn't make him appear, he's just too damn important for a side story before the main story starts. And his appearance isn't too important to the Side story, since he was just there to confirm the rules of SAO, he didn't help much with the investigations itself.

And if they did include him, All his "info dump" would probably take like more than 5 minutes.
kaimaxAug 12, 2012 9:44 PM

Aug 12, 2012 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
Iniser said:

That's true. But to spam all of these side stories like this was kind of unnecessary. SAO is really hard to adapt because of the non-linear way it is written, so I guess that's a major reason for complaints. But for the side stories didn't need to be so fast paced, and this side story in particular could have been removed.

Thankfully, the main story will probably start after the next episode. That should be paced well.

But think about it this way, because of the way the novel is structured, they almost HAVE to put side stories in first because there'd be nothing to build up for the main story. And they've really done their best to flesh out the side stories. The one side story I'd have taken out was the Sachi one. It was a bit too melodramatic and it really felt too sudden. Except there are some who complain on this board that the anime doesn't create enough of a grim atmosphere---and that's what I mean about the anime not being able to satisfy everyone. Because unlike you, I think that episodes 5-6 are totally necessary from the perspective of relationship development.

Oh, and if they threw in Sirica, I bet they'll have Lizbeth's side story too. Main story is probably ep. 8.
Aug 12, 2012 9:53 PM
Jul 2012
dammit, they throw away the food discussion again... this time is the RAMEN....
WWHHYY........
last ep the soy sauce discussion in the shop was throw, this time the ramen with heathcliff ... i sure hope they don't throw the soy sauce and mayonnaise scene at the dungeon.
Aug 12, 2012 10:02 PM

Jun 2008
gundamwarcraft said:
dammit, they throw away the food discussion again... this time is the RAMEN....
WWHHYY........
last ep the soy sauce discussion in the shop was throw, this time the ramen with SPOILER ... i sure hope they don't throw the soy sauce and mayonnaise scene at the dungeon.

Not important events, only wastes time. The anime only shows "important" points that's related to the side story.
What does the ramen scene do? Waste time, SPOILER? does waste time
Can't stand it? stick to the novels.

Seriously from all the scenes to complain, you complain about condiments? geez...

Aug 12, 2012 10:28 PM

Aug 2010
Decent episode, looking forward to the main story.
Aug 12, 2012 10:31 PM
Jan 2012
the end was freaking weird....grimlock admits to his role in his wife's death, and all is better when asuna claims that he treated her like a possession? really cheesy and corny for my liking, dont do this to me, SAO, dont be the next guilty crown....
Aug 12, 2012 10:33 PM
Jan 2012
btw, for all of those people bitching about the way the story is being told, it cant progress immediately into plot like the LN does, it has to set a precedent for those who havent read the LN/ manga.....the next arc starts from volume 1, i believe....the progression of the plot seems fine and logical for me
Aug 12, 2012 10:44 PM
Jun 2012
Meh... lame ass episode. This anime adaption has been nothing but mediocre since day one.
Aug 12, 2012 11:44 PM

Jun 2012
Well that side story was a waste of time. Who cares how Asuna and Kirito met? Just get on with the plot already.
Aug 13, 2012 12:42 AM
Jan 2012
PirateKingz said:
Well that side story was a waste of time. Who cares how Asuna and Kirito met? Just get on with the plot already.

Blame the fact that they're doing it in a smart way - chronologically. It's much better with random side stories, since this is a story of a MMO death trap. I can promise you that the next episode (or two) is the last side story they're going to make, because they're pushing it if they're going to fit the main arc into 5 episodes. Or they'll do it unorthodox, which I think that's how it's going to work, since the next arc is completely different from SAO. I wonder if they're going to have the fine details, such as the GUI is left-handed.
Aug 13, 2012 1:49 AM

Jun 2008
This anime has too many haters ==' Shame that people don't like these side stories or the anime as a matter of fact.

The end of this episode made me smile. Loved all the interactions between Asuna and Kirito. OMG looking forward to next week's episode *o*

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Today, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.