3It was OK
22.8%
2Disliked it
4.6%
1Hated it
8.4%
Average 3.8
237 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 10, 2012 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In Yokohama, Kuro and her friend enjoying the beach together.

When Kuro and her friend separated, there are two burst linkers came to challenge her. Or rather, the blue one vs. Kuro. After an informal fight, she asked Kuro to meet up at the real world. They are very too naive about the burst link world (or rather, they just wanted to make it a peaceful world), but their request was for her to see their master, who said there's something going on that their goal cannot come true.

Kuro didn't have the time to buy presents for her friend, though. Kuro feeling guilty because she saved her from feeling not know who she is in real life because she was in "that" world too long.

The master is drunk and being pessimistic. KuriKin? Kuro knows him?

Next ep. against that "monster".
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 10, 2012 9:29 AM

Mar 2012
Sorry, not digging this episode. Need to get back to the main plot, side stories at this point of the anime gets on my nerves.

We're missing out on the race for side stories. That's tragic.
Aug 10, 2012 10:26 AM

Feb 2009
Death by Barraging animation was a bit disappointing. The fight was cool though.
And how long was the red guy, the master, in the Unlimited Field? The girls and KYH just dived there and it looks like he was in the bar for quite a while.
Anyways, it seems like a pointless side story but it kind of ties with the main story. Referring to the yellow guy riding a monster. He's in the OP with Noumi and some other guys.
Let's see how this goes.
Aug 10, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2011
sounds like an episode wasted! should've just continued with the original plot and went up against Noumi the bitch. I want to see his Brain Burst getting uninstalled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 10, 2012 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
Hmmm something interesting is about to happen
Aug 10, 2012 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
Loved this episode :D ..

But I still want to watch last weeks ending .. damn i hate waiting .. 2 more weeks it is .
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 10, 2012 12:17 PM

Jul 2012
Gah, next weeks another side story episode? They arnt too bad, but I want to see what happens in the main story! They only reason Im not completely raging over this is because I read a spoiler of why Chiyu did what she did. If I hadnt I dont know how I could have handled another week of suspense.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Aug 10, 2012 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
weak episode, might as well of skipped
Aug 10, 2012 12:57 PM

May 2012
Cute episode! It kinda sucks that the main storyline is left in a cliffhanger, but it's not like we don't know this is coming. Just like the first half of the series, it's side story in between. Kuroyukihime needs some screentime too.

Kuroyukihime in love is very cute. And she's reminded of Haru when she saw the andagi shop. So adorable. :D

The battle is a meh. They didn't even bother animating Black Lotus' "Death by Barraging." Oh well, no biggie as AW is not a fighting anime anyway.

And this episode is ripe with doujin material. Unbelievable! :D

Come doujin writers, start your engine. LOL.

Good episode. I enjoyed it, and like any AW episodes, it seems to end quicker than I thought.

Next episode is still this side story, just like Aqua Current episodes. Not unexpected, but we should see some cool stuff.
pika2000Aug 10, 2012 1:07 PM
Aug 10, 2012 1:04 PM
Mar 2012
what trolls...leaving us at a cliffhanger last episode and then moving onto a subplot :/
Aug 10, 2012 1:10 PM

Feb 2009
>AW
>not a fighting anime
>whole premise is based on 2D fighting games with HP bar and special gauge.
>fight to gain points.
>conflicts IRL end up being resolved on battlefield by fighting.

Right...
Aug 10, 2012 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
I skipped the episode, cus im not mood of fillers now. Not after what happend last week!
Aug 10, 2012 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
What a nice episode for some yuri.

Well, overall, it was an average episode imo with some brief fighting scenes. That level 7 definitely knows Kuroyukihime though and wondering what sort of history they have..maybe a new love rival for Haru?

Hmm...
Aug 10, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2012
belatkuro said:
>AW
>not a fighting anime
>whole premise is based on 2D fighting games with HP bar and special gauge.
>fight to gain points.
>conflicts IRL end up being resolved on battlefield by fighting.

Right...

I guess you may see the anime/genre differently. To me, it's not a fighting anime. It's more of a school life anime. Compare this show to something like Saint Seiya, Ashita no Joe, Fist of the North Star, Hunter x Hunter, etc. If one picked AW expecting action/fighting, I'm sure one would be disappointed.
Aug 10, 2012 1:29 PM
Jan 2011
Oh c'mon, wtf is this, where the continuation of the fight between noumi and porky?
Aug 10, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
Yuri vibes given off this episode.
Aug 10, 2012 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Indeed was a little disappointed that they decided to do something else this episode but w/e enjoyed it still.
Aug 10, 2012 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was actually good and fun to watch.
Are those two girls that Hime meet kind of yuri?

Megumi is probably another " burst linker " as well, someone did hide herself and look like her in the white skirt.

Where do you read these novels of Accel World ?
BlackbirdAug 10, 2012 2:49 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 10, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
Can't believe the producers trolled us with a side story this ep. When it was getting good in the main story too!

Still enjoyable nonetheless, love the yuri fanservice!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2012 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
It's a nice episode to watch however I'm a bit confused now

Aug 10, 2012 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
So much yuri. I don't like how they left us hanging from last week and then bring in this side story.
Aug 10, 2012 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
wth is Yuri ?!
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 10, 2012 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
First half was really disappointing filler, especially after what happened last week. Though the end of the episode led me to think either this monster they're going to fight, the Burst Linker who knows Kuroyukihime, or Megumi is going to tie very neatly in with the main story as we gear up for the conclusion. We're running out of episodes for things to happen though, which is why this filler was all too disappointing for the most part. I'm leaving it open to get better though because there's certainly a way this can all tie together.
Aug 10, 2012 4:45 PM

Aug 2010
I like this side story more than the main plot.
Aug 10, 2012 4:54 PM
Sep 2011
I really wish people would wait for the side story to finish before labling it pointless, for all we know the "Monster" could be related to Nomi in some way I mean he claimed he was not a burst linker so it is possible that he may be whatever this monster this is.
Just a thought.
Also Yuri, lots and lots of Yuri!!!
Aug 10, 2012 5:44 PM

Jun 2010
Omg. Best episode. Just continue on like this. Dont ever show Haruyuki again...

Kidding aside, I really enjoyed this episode. 23 minutes of Hime ftw. Looks like their allies are increasing. Was wondering if it's really ok to cut the original plot and put in a side story like this but I guess it wasn't that bad of a decision. They can't possibly put it after the last battle between DT vs Silver Crow. They can put it as an OVA but I guess they will lack materials to Animate to reach 24 episodes.

Back to the episode, Hime so strong ftw. Btw that Megumi, is she an enemy? Somebody spoil me please.
Aug 10, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
xRaiNx said:
wth is Yuri ?!

Yuri = sex between girls

kinda a mediocre episode since i still want to see what will happen to Dusk Taker
Aug 10, 2012 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
Not bad episode to be side story,a 24m episode of full Hime is always welcome!!

Hime in swimsuit really looks awesome!! Megumi also not bad,and even got some Yuri there with boobgrabbing and some lotion....doujin incoming!!

Besides that nothing much,the 2 lolis Ruka and Mana are cute!! Megumi also crying was sad but seems also a burst linker...what a surprise!! "sarcasm"

Well seems Hime knows their master probably a minion once,next episode they will fight that dragon rider so probably after that episode will be back to the main plot.....will see

BTW that Lotion scene!!

GIF's on the club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=475509
raxius1230Aug 10, 2012 6:53 PM
Aug 10, 2012 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
By the looks of it the series will end with the DT arc, looks like at least 2-3 weeks more of this side story before going back to main plot, oh well at least I dont have to see Chiyuri's face for a few weeks
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Aug 10, 2012 7:36 PM
Oct 2010
A subplot right on the cliffhanger is so lame...

That said, Kuroyuki is 1000 times a better MC than Haru, if only the subplot itself was interesting... what a waste.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 10, 2012 8:04 PM

Aug 2011
Ah, a subplot. This episode was kinda filler-ish, but it seems like it's leading us to something big and exciting. I suppose I won't mind watching some more episodes pertaining to this subplot. Of course, I still prefer the main plot, more than anything.

I don't suppose Megumi is a Burst Linker? I don't see her as a main character, though; I think she's just there to give off the "yuri vibes".
Aug 10, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
That was like a lame filler...
ricardocscAug 10, 2012 8:54 PM
Aug 10, 2012 9:01 PM

Jul 2012
So Megumi is a burst linker after all? Anyway, any episode centered around KYH is always nice, but i'd rather that they get on with the main story...

Crikin's drunken reaction upon seeing Black Lotus was hilarious.
Aug 10, 2012 9:16 PM

May 2011
Why the FUCK would they throw in a fucking fanserivce episode in the middle of the fucking battle?

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
Aug 10, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2012
This episode wasn't half bad. Mana is so kawaii!!!! :3
Aug 10, 2012 9:54 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
By the time it does reach half point I was sure of FILLER TIME! That’s for sure. I was not too sure at first in case of things changing suddenly. Seems this episode has half Hime/Megumi time with fan service/drama and the other half being the MOST MOE KIDS in this show. Truly Yuniko might make a run for it. They are so much more adorable than her it’s hard to even compare as both Ruka/Mana have appeal as much as Yukino has. Here is what I though of them and the episode.

Ruka and Mana proved just with the following,

How much naughty and perverted kids can get these days in terms of being simply playful while the adults sometimes get the wrong idea. In fact them putting up a moan kind of situation with their expressions really got this part nicely out in terms of comedy and O_O I did not expect that at all from such MOE kids to being naughty like that. Must make fun of the adult stuff. This was easily the best part IMO.

About Ruka/Mana, their first revealing of how they are truly in the spoiler
left my MOE alarm shooting at RED ALERT! Those eyes! Those colors! OMG! *dies* *comes back* *Take into harem* NO CHANCE! I am grabbing those 2 kids! They are too adorable not to own for oneself. Their expressions really made my day. Very satisfied of their design.

I have to say that when the 2 kids were shown in the spoiler
with their summer school uniform the creams of creams came! MOE cream that is. OMG again. So much MOE and appeal. Ruka’s grin made it better along with Mana’s faces there. Add to that the whole ordeal of cable connection in the spoiler
and you have a more perverted Mana! Sheesh. I never expected Mana to get like that. What naughty kids does Okinawa raise?

That is to add the quite nice ass display of Ruka in the spoiler
whom I happen to notice is quite tight despite them being avatars it can quite easily be some nice suit service around. Might as well since I find it appealing. So in general I am quite happy with how they were shown.

About Lagoon Dolphin VS Black Lotus, I did find the fight in the spoiler
quite enticing. Ruka being quite skilled in melee fighting and punching. Her special was nice however too bad I never saw how much it deals damage. However Ruka being a level 5 is pretty nice already. That being said WOW in the spoiler
the difference a special deals in damage is insane between levels
while there were hints that Hime actually boosted her special’s power and defenses.

About Hime and her fan service. Hime got on a multi level a perverted upgrade. I have narrowed down the elements that never before were seen so far. From facials to swimsuit to even ass censoring. It was all in this episode and it IMPRESSED LOADS! The list says it more.
  • First of all Hime’s breast grab and fondling by Megumi in the spoiler
    yields out not only perverted expressions of surprise from Hime but also that squirms 3 times in a row. Rather sensitive person around her chest TBH. Quite the fun there TBH. I knew it from the LN. However it was well done in animation.

• Hime’s perverted faces appeared in the spoiler
    however one might take it. I found it quite appealing sexually TBH.

• One cannot deny the perverseness of how Hime reacted nicely to the oiling part in the spoiler
    not to mention to the sun too. Shows how appealing she is there in her reactions.

• CENSORED in the spoiler
    was included a shower scene whom really shows out more Hime ass whom Vol 1 already did. Still think it’s too big made.

• A small appeal of Hime’s hair in the spoiler
    shows it how much of sex hair she can have. Might be small but it could be an innuendo.

• Another nasty part of Hime that I liked are her facials in the spoiler
    whom show a rather nasty side of her towards Ruka/Mana in order to help them out. Quite appealing again.
So I might over going on some parts but I perceived it like that and am a fan of Hime so I would know the sudden changes and those facials and swimsuit really made changes to Hime of rather appealing values in different degrees of ecchi/perverted IMO and that’s fine. Hime being perverted is very appealing.

About Megumi’s drama, I am a little WTF is that in the spoiler
it was rather too sudden IMO. But when you see them tending to each others feelings it was too MOE to refuse. In fact I'm ready to SHIP Megumi x Hime Yuri anyone? This really shoves it out a lot. Fan manga based anyway. Despite sudden the drama was rather nicely done however I got not affected by it.

About the end of the episode, OMG there is a bar in the spoiler
in Accel world? YES! Kids drinking there surely should be less bad than IRL. Should also be drugs place so they don’t do it IRL. This is like a solution to loads of problems in society. Doing them in virtual reality. That being said I am quite surprised that Kurikin knows Black Lotus and from the looks of it he is scared of her.

About the preview, AH YEAH! Can you say TRANSFORMERS for the following,

Yup! I am totally excited for that Robot to get into action. It could be kick ass TBH. Other than that Revolution? O_O WTF? What kind? Mister yellow knight in the spoiler
looks rather interesting with his creature.

Another exciting thing is Megumi in the spoiler
She makes her appearance FINALLY! YEAH! Can’t wait to see her in action and her powers.

Finally WTF is up with Mana in the spoiler
I need to know her powers too! Oh man next week needs to happen now!

BTW Image Stitches with Image Dump done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/08/image-stitches-and-pic-dumb-of-accel.html
Nice parts of Hime and the Luca/Mana.

GIFs have been done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=475565&show=0#post1
To show Hime being perverted conveniently arrange by me. TBH I do like her like that.
Yumekichi11Aug 12, 2012 12:00 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 10, 2012 10:28 PM

May 2008
Kinda wondering who that person is . But lol you can drink in the accel world?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 10, 2012 10:53 PM

May 2010
Okay this side story(since I got to see Kuroyuhime in bikini) is not too bad but I wish they would showed it without cutting the main story !!

Aug 10, 2012 10:55 PM

Oct 2011
Ha,that just Bleach-ed us with this episode.In the middle of a battle,they cut away to something else to show a new plot.At least it's not going to be too long......right?
An average episode as usual.The only plus was something with long black hair.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 10, 2012 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
Jeddy017 said:
Ha,that just Bleach-ed us with this episode.

LMAO good way to put it.

I actually enjoyed this side-story. Showing what happens with Kuro's trip at the same time when Haru and Taku got back-stabbed by Chiyu when she healed Noumi. Although I still want to know what happens after that cliffhanger dammit!

Negumi has got to be a burst-linker, hints are everywhere. Surprised that she'd tear up because Kuro didn't buy her a gift. Those 2 schoolgirls are hilarious lmao, so damn naive. The red Burst Linker "Kurikin" knew Black Lotus in the past eh? Seems interesting. I just love how he's now a drunkard. xD

Well next week's episode (19) is a continuation of this episode.
Episode 20 better be back to the main story. :P
Aug 10, 2012 11:58 PM

Jan 2012
Yuri explosion LOL
Aug 11, 2012 12:02 AM
Feb 2012
Reading the SAO novels makes it difficult to enjoy Accel World since SAO>AW big time. '-'

Well, looks like I'll have to wait another two weeks before I see what's happening over at Tokyo. Fuck it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 11, 2012 12:16 AM

Sep 2011
So another filler coming up, then we get to episode 20 back in Tokyo. With only 4 episodes left..? Will they make another season or how close are we to the LN
Aug 11, 2012 12:46 AM

May 2010
Next week gundam vs mahou shoujo at terra nova stage ._.
Aug 11, 2012 12:47 AM

May 2012
Tyrel said:
So another filler coming up, then we get to episode 20 back in Tokyo. With only 4 episodes left..? Will they make another season or how close are we to the LN

1. I just want to remind people that this is not a "filler" episode in the classic sense The anime directors didn't make it up. This is part of the side story of book 10 of the LN.
2. Ep 17 is pretty much the end of book 3. Book 12 Just came out. So yeah, the anime has a long way to go. Here's hoping for a second season, and more.
Aug 11, 2012 12:50 AM

May 2010
Yuri action between Kuro and Megumi? hmmm..... *Shake Head* Why a filler now? i want the fight back to see why Chiyuri fuping heal em damn there only 6 episode after this, there better be a 2nd season of this the way this going.
HydnlifeAug 11, 2012 2:04 AM
Aug 11, 2012 12:50 AM

May 2012
Jeddy017 said:
Ha,that just Bleach-ed us with this episode.In the middle of a battle,they cut away to something else to show a new plot.At least it's not going to be too long......right?
An average episode as usual.The only plus was something with long black hair.

No no no. This side story is happening in the exact timeline of the events in ep17. If this was "Bleach-ed," we will see Haru, Taku, Hime, Niko, and Seiji all suddenly having lunch together, and they'll be solving some random crimes in the school.
Aug 11, 2012 1:03 AM

Jul 2010
Aug 11, 2012 1:15 AM

Sep 2010
These side stories suck....
Aug 11, 2012 2:48 AM

May 2010
NO way what about Chii-chan.I wanted to know what she did this week not the next week or the week after next week.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.