Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 11, 2012 4:59 AM
Feb 2009
omfgggggggg i want main story@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Aug 11, 2012 5:32 AM

Feb 2012
You know, it's a fucking bad choice to leave last episode's cliffhanger from a story-telling perspective.
Putting that aside I enjoyed this episode, I like to learn more about Kuroyuki's past and her connections and relationships in the Accelerated World and that fan service haha
Aug 11, 2012 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
People. I don't understand why all of you want continuation of main arc so much? As for me it was the best thing to pause it now cause to much rage is not a good thing. And technically they'll finish this season with that arc sop they need to left it for last eps
Aug 11, 2012 5:59 AM

Sep 2008
I'm glad they left that main story. That thing was stupid anyways.

I wasn't expecting this to span more than a single episode. Next episode might be pretty good.
Aug 11, 2012 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
xRaiNx said:
wth is Yuri ?!

Yuri = sex between girls

Meh didn't notice it too much. You guys pay alot of attention to these stuff :P .

Or maybe I was busy reading the subs . I dunno xP

Oh and the funniest part when they used the Cables xD
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 11, 2012 7:17 AM

Apr 2011
I'm a little confused now but I still enjoyed this episode.
Aug 11, 2012 7:37 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see what Kuroyuki's been up to while she was on the trip. Luca and Mana are cute and interesting. Luca's okinawa dialect is pretty hard to understand. :P

I don't think Megumi is a burst linker, but you can see in the preview that she's going to find them in the real world.

Aug 11, 2012 8:13 AM

May 2008
aww damn side story well i liked it so far wonder what will happen next + wanna no what happens in tokyo!
Aug 11, 2012 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
I loved that episode, made me FORGET ABOUT THE ANNOYING CHIYU! ARGH RWAAAR >:-(
Aug 11, 2012 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
How is that a side story?
Kurohime is getting character developement and we will be introduced to another fighter of Noumi's group (Because if you check properly that yellow dude that ride the monster is alongside Noumi in the opening and Noumi himself implied he was in a group)
Kurohime will likely use the incarnate system for the first time in the show.

The story is moving, Noumi's group is expanding and we're getting character developement, how could anyone in their right mind call this a side story? Because it didn't pick up where last episode ended? Blame the story telling however you want, that episode isn't a side story.

Kawahara can't do side stories. Side stories shouldn't make the continuation of the story to depend on them otherwhise they aren't side stories anymore but part of the main plot.
That's one of the problem I have with him, his so called side stories aren't really side stories (Or is it a problem with the guy that translated it as a side story? Either way it isn't).
AlycenAug 11, 2012 8:52 AM
Aug 11, 2012 8:54 AM

Feb 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
Kurohime is getting character developement and we will be introduced to another fighter of Noumi's group (Because if you check properly that yellow dude that ride the monster is alongside Noumi in the opening).

The story is moving, Noumi's group is expanding and we're getting character developement, how could anyone in their right mind call this a side story? Because it didn't pick up where last episode ended? Blame the story telling however you want, that episode isn't a side story.
Because this was in volume 10 and that was just 3 chapters of different stories. The Aqua Current arc, this one and the Versus chapter(SC versus a certain character).
It's okay to call this a side story. What's not okay is to call this 'filler' since as you pointed out, it will have some tie-in with the main story with that yellow guy riding a monster being related to Noumi and his gang in the OP.
Aug 11, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
belatkuro said:
Maddo_scientisto said:
Kurohime is getting character developement and we will be introduced to another fighter of Noumi's group (Because if you check properly that yellow dude that ride the monster is alongside Noumi in the opening).

Because this was in volume 10 and that was just 3 chapters of different stories. The Aqua Current arc, this one and the Versus chapter(SC versus a certain character).
It's okay to call this a side story. What's not okay is to call this 'filler' since as you pointed out, it will have some tie-in with the main story with that yellow guy riding a monster being related to Noumi and his gang in the OP.

With this mindset every single flashback in all serie are side stories and not part of the main plot.
The order of the event doesn't matter, if the plot is dependant on these side stories, be it now, in the past or in a further volume then they aren't side stories anymore but part of the main plot.
Kawahara have a hard time writing 'side stories'.
Now if nothing is ever dependant of that then it could be called a side stories but let me doubt.
Aug 11, 2012 11:25 AM

Apr 2009
Meanwhile on Kuroyukihime's vacation...what?!! There's a fight going on and Chiyu has some very hard explaining to do. Oh well I guess there's no helping it, might as well enjoy this. On the positive note, I don't have to hear Noumi's gloating and condescending voice, and the LFR (little, fat, round) MC's whining.^_^

And it's all Kuroyukihime! ♥_♥ Was that Megumi, tailing them?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 11, 2012 11:57 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
I see lots of people don't realize how good this episode actually is.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 11, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
GAH!!! Back to the main story and save the special for later! ;( I'm dying to know what's going to happend :D!!
O'Hai :D
Aug 11, 2012 12:52 PM

May 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:

With this mindset every single flashback in all serie are side stories and not part of the main plot.
The order of the event doesn't matter, if the plot is dependant on these side stories, be it now, in the past or in a further volume then they aren't side stories anymore but part of the main plot.
Now if nothing is ever dependant of that then it could be called a side stories but let me doubt.

I called it side story simply because it is based on book 10 that indicated them as side stories.
Aug 11, 2012 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Many say that it's like a filler and it's lame but personally i had more fan watching this that the stupidious supremous adventures of our main potato.
Aug 11, 2012 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
Monad said:
Many say that it's like a filler and it's lame but personally i had more fan watching this that the stupidious supremous adventures of our main potato.

lol potato xD
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 11, 2012 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
pika2000 said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

I called it side story simply because it is based on book 10 that indicated them as side stories.

Well yeah and that's why I'm saying that the indication is off.
How the fuck do you present a character that will be part of the main character cast and have a huge role in a 'side story' (Yui in SAO anyone?).
Now I don't know if Kawahara said himself that they are side stories or if the term 'side stories' came from the people that translated his novels but it sure as hell ain't a side story =/.
I can call my dog 'cat' but it doesn't change that it's a dog.
Aug 11, 2012 8:19 PM

Aug 2012
Hmm It was nice to see Kuroyukihime's side story, but one more episode of filler? Then we can see why Chiyu did the deed. Monster might be interesting battle, someone hidden watching/stalking them?
'I will protect those precious to me, and destroy those who would do them harm!'
Aug 11, 2012 9:40 PM

May 2012
That was interesting.
Aug 12, 2012 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
Now would be an excellent time to ramp up the trolling and pull a "Katanagatari Episode Four" with the end of this Noumi fight.
Aug 12, 2012 6:06 AM
May 2012
Jeller said:
GAH!!! Back to the main story and save the special for later! ;( I'm dying to know what's going to happend :D!!

Yeah, talked about being so anxious & obnoxious! I mean That's just great. I was so impatient about what happened last episode (I thought it was Chiyu who's in the robe but later after it airs, what the hell?!!)

Now it's focused on Kuroyukihime instead (2 episodes arc)..

URGHH, THE INSANITY! I'll Never forget about what happened, ladies & gentlemen...

Never forget...
JafriZinAug 12, 2012 7:07 AM
Aug 12, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2012
Last ep had a cliffhanger and this is a fucking filler ep... way to ruin this show even more.
Aug 12, 2012 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
xRaiNx said:
Monad said:

lol potato xD

I just have to agree, the main 'potato' is just a coward and he does get annoying at times, it's great to watch something else once in a while.

Although Chiyu going crazy in the 'main' story is also interesting, this was more fun to watch for me.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 12, 2012 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
Skipppppppped
Aug 12, 2012 7:55 PM
May 2012
Still, we have to be patient, anyway.

It's official, ladies & gentlemen.

fucking Nomi Seiji is actually an antagonist in this show. I should've known that those duel avatars like we saw in this show are Nomi's men!!
JafriZinAug 12, 2012 8:05 PM
Aug 12, 2012 10:17 PM

Aug 2010
Well good fan service in this episode, I guess. It was a bit interesting to see how Snow Black is handling things on her end. Red screw guy drinking being a high school freshman, okay...

It seems like people who saw the preview for this episode were mistaken thinking the teary girl in sheets was actually Chiyu, as well as I have. Not saying everyone made the same mistake, but they looked very similar in a glimpse of a moment the second that scene showed for a second. I hope the story isn't dragged out too long with Snow Black's thing, I want to see Noumi get his shit fucked up. >:|
Aug 13, 2012 3:46 AM

Jan 2012
I liked this episode, the fanservice was also good :P So much Snow Black in one episode was awesome! This story seems not to be that long, probably one or two more episodes and then they return to Noumi story.
Aug 13, 2012 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
wakka9ca said:
I see lots of people don't realize how good this episode actually is.

This, but it's useless trying to explain stuff to these people.

It's like trying to talk to a brick wall.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 13, 2012 3:53 AM

Jun 2008
XTR17 said:
I liked this episode, the fanservice was also good :P So much Snow Black in one episode was awesome! This story seems not to be that long, probably one or two more episodes and then they return to Noumi story.

Just 2 episodes. 3 is just taking it too long, since The Aqua Current SS was only 1 episode.

People doesn't realize that this has connection to the "US" that Noumi mentioned.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 13, 2012 3:59 AM

Apr 2012
kaimax said:
XTR17 said:

Just 2 episodes. 3 is just taking it too long, since The Aqua Current SS was only 1 episode.

People doesn't realize that this has connection to the "US" that Noumi mentioned.

This too.

Autocrat said:
Aug 13, 2012 6:54 PM

May 2011
Sooo much Kuroyuki, and dat beach scene in the beginning. Oh yeah I am satisfied with this episode.

Megumi is hiding something and it looks like she's also a burst linker. I wanna know what she did in the past that makes her wanna apologize.

Ooooh so Kuroyuki and Kurikin knows each other, hmm this is very interesting. Tbh I am liking this side story more than the one that Haru is in atm.
Aug 14, 2012 6:10 AM

Jul 2011
Megumi seems very friendly, i approve.

Also the two young burst linkers not knowing proper protocol, Snow Black forgetting to buy Megumi a gift, Megumi hiding something from Hime and the burst linkers master hitting the bottle. Somehow i cant shake the feeling that this is all Haru's fault.

Any who i'm interested to see how they tie this all together, why the master needs a king specifically Snow Black to defeat this mystery opponent and how Megumi factors in.
Aug 14, 2012 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
yay Kuroyukihime. now i can't wait for the next ep as some stuff's gonna happen.
Aug 14, 2012 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
They picked the worst time to start a side story? What the hell?
I want to see the story with Chiyu and her so called betrayal -_-

This episode was still okay I guess.

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 14, 2012 1:33 PM

Apr 2012
Sir_Lexa said:

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater

It has to do with what's happening in Tokyo and character development for Kuroyukihime.

Thus, your point is invalid. Thank you for asking for our services. Please...! do not come again.

Autocrat said:
Aug 14, 2012 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
Immahnoob said:
Sir_Lexa said:

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater

It has to do with what's happening in Tokyo and character development for Kuroyukihime.

Thus, your point is invalid. Thank you for asking for our services. Please...! do not come again.

Why do I sense hostility from you my friend? Excuse me if I do not have some inside information about the happenings in this story. How in the hell would I know as a non LN reader that this story is connected to the story in Tokyo?

So please, calm down and then try to talk to me again. Geez.
Aug 14, 2012 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
Immahnoob said:
Sir_Lexa said:

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater

Why do I sense hostility from you my friend? Excuse me if I do not have some inside information about the happenings in this story. How in the hell would I know as a non LN reader that this story is connected to the story in Tokyo?

Have you forgotten me...?

Aaanyways... You're acting just like the plot hole maniacs around here. You can't know until you watch it all. I think it's obvious that this has to do with the main story if it's included in the LN, after all they don't make fillers there.

Autocrat said:
Aug 14, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
Sir_Lexa said:
Immahnoob said:
Sir_Lexa said:

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater

I'm a non LN reader and I knew by my own means.
If you look closely, the guy riding the monster is the same that is alongside Noumi in the Op which even said that he was part of a group.
Aug 14, 2012 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Immahnoob said:
Sir_Lexa said:

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater

I'm a non LN reader and I knew by my own means.
If you look closely, the guy riding the monster is the same that is alongside Noumi in the Op which even said that he was part of a group.

Huehuehue, I thought I was the single one that noticed that.

*brofist*

I'm also not a LN reader.

Autocrat said:
Aug 14, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
@above

Oh I see, well I don't pay that much attention to the opening so I didn't notice that scene.

But nice to know that this isn't just a side story then. Still I found this episode kinda boring. Next weeks episode looks more interesting.
Aug 14, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
@above

Oh I see, well I don't pay that much attention to the opening so I didn't notice that scene.

But nice to know that this isn't just a side story then. Still I found this episode kinda boring. Next weeks episode looks more interesting.

Bro, not only the OP was an indication.

But like, most pages of this episode discussion had this "spoiler" (if you can call it that).

At least you understand now.

Autocrat said:
Aug 14, 2012 2:39 PM

Dec 2009
Immahnoob said:
Sir_Lexa said:
@above

Bro, not only the OP was an indication.

But like, most pages of this episode discussion had this "spoiler" (if you can call it that).

At least you understand now.

I don't read every post here before commenting, because I use the Mal Updater.
But meh, I didn't see the hints. But yeah now I understand.
Aug 14, 2012 10:33 PM

Oct 2008

What is this mess regarding people actually bi***ing about the new episode? Saying things like,
"I hated this!", "They totally trolled us..", or "I want them to get back to the main storyline, already!".

The hell are you guys talking about?

You really think I wanna go back to watching that netorare garbage from last week?

Kuroyukihime is the only reason I'm watching this shitty show.

All those episodes without her presence that were filled with all the faggot drama with Nomi and the pu**y a** trio were suffering. I hated it. Now that all that stuff is forgettable and we get a nice calm, soothing arc with nothing but Kuroyukihime and beautiful scenery and even better music and moods, I don't want to go back to shittastic garbage anime filled with fat losers and sluts.

. . .

That's it, I'm so dropping this show as soon as Kuroyukihime's arc is finished! I can't- I just can't!
ShirtAug 14, 2012 10:59 PM

Aug 15, 2012 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
Netorare... Calling her betrayal, just a betrayal.

Please, drop the show.
ImmahnoobAug 15, 2012 2:50 AM

Autocrat said:
Aug 15, 2012 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
Episodes with Kuro are much better
Aug 15, 2012 3:07 AM

Oct 2011
I can bet one pound that Megumi is a Burst Linker too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2012 8:32 AM
May 2012
Shirt said:

What is this mess regarding people actually bi***ing about the new episode? Saying things like,
"I hated this!", "They totally trolled us..", or "I want them to get back to the main storyline, already!".

The hell are you guys talking about?

You really think I wanna go back to watching that netorare garbage from last week?

Kuroyukihime is the only reason I'm watching this shitty show.

All those episodes without her presence that were filled with all the faggot drama with Nomi and the pu**y a** trio were suffering. I hated it. Now that all that stuff is forgettable and we get a nice calm, soothing arc with nothing but Kuroyukihime and beautiful scenery and even better music and moods, I don't want to go back to shittastic garbage anime filled with fat losers and sluts.

. . .

That's it, I'm so dropping this show as soon as Kuroyukihime's arc is finished! I can't- I just can't!

Unfortunately, I'd have to!

I'm just seriously couldn't forget about what happened during Ep17 till I couldn't eat & sleep. Why am I having an uncomfortable feeling about this all the time? Why am I started getting over-obsessed watching this anime? I can't believe some animes that I watched gets me an over-emotional anyway.
JafriZinAug 15, 2012 8:51 AM
Aug 15, 2012 9:06 AM

Oct 2007
People here are really funny, MAL just never disappoint me at making me laugh for no reason.

Anyway back to the topic, From the back story that Megumi was talking about herself about the book and story and reciting, is it possible that she is one of the healer that left AW long time ago? IMO I think she fit the description perfectly.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.