Forum Settings
Forums

Ah, Christianity... [warning: may contain offensive content]

New
Aug 6, 2012 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
I may not be the most informed about Christianity, but the small holes in this religion in everything I do come across just doesn't allow me to take this religion seriously anymore, to put it bluntly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any other religion is any better but for now let's concentrate on Christianity. :) Why people still choose to follow this religion when clearly there are so many loopholes and contradictions in it, I have no idea. Is it for a form of hope that they get from believing in God or maybe a way to explain the inexplicable? Or perhaps they just don't want to face reality or break their traditions?
And what loopholes am I talking about, you ask?
One of the many loopholes I've come across include the fact that the all forgiving God punished Eve for eating the forbidden apple. Now, wasn't it God himself who gave the sense of temptation to her? And if anyone was to blame for those emotions, it must be Adam since she was made from him. Eve was to feel tremendous pain when giving childbirth as her punishment and be ruled by her husband, where as Adam only had to work harder at what he already did, but on the other hand, he also got the advantage over the woman. Why, isn't that a nice reward? :) So basically, God just seems like a sexist little _______ (nice guy). And it's religions like these (and don't get me started on Islam) that encourage men to look down upon women.

But, feel free to open my horizons as I know there's still much more to Christianity that I'm still missing out on. :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2012 7:39 PM

Nov 2010
Inb4lock
Aug 6, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2010
I sense some heated debates and name calling on the horizon.

Most people are religious because their parents (or whoever happened to have brought them up) belonged to that same religion.
Aug 6, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2012
Another religious thread.
Aug 6, 2012 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
Bostonblows said:
Inb4lock

Lockedb4boredofMALforgood? :D

Hitchens said:
I sense some heated debates and name calling on the horizon.

Most people are religious because their parents (or whoever happened to have brought them up) belonged to that same religion.

So then following traditions? Don't they start to think for themselves as they grow up htough...

Citizeninsane said:
Another religious thread.

Yup, 'cause I'm just a typical person. :)
Aug 6, 2012 7:45 PM

Dec 2010
Dude. Jesus loves you. That's all you need to know.

inb4arguments

Aug 6, 2012 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
Someone has to give birth to the child. Besides, Eve willfully went against God's instructions and even went as far as giving the fruit to Adam.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Aug 6, 2012 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
Exkalibur said:

My point was that there were literally before this thread three religious threads within the past couple weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the absurdity of Christianity, it's just the arguments especially in such a short span get redundant.
Aug 6, 2012 7:49 PM

Jun 2012
I stopped reading after the first sentence.

DesolateOne said:

Amen.
Aug 6, 2012 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
DesolateOne said:

inb4arguments

Jesus backwards sounds like sausage.
On my defense, I can't take credit for that awful, awful joke. xD

shairn said:
Someone has to give birth to the child. Besides, Eve willfully went against God's instructions and even went as far as giving the fruit to Adam.

True someone does. But why must it be explained in that sense? It just contradicts the all-loving God of theirs doesn't it?
And isn't sharing a good thing? Whoever doesn't share something so tasty to their bestfriend/partner(?) is a sinful young lady/man. Tsk, tsk.
Aug 6, 2012 7:52 PM

May 2012
The Genesis stories are all myths.

Why then, would we even bother to argue the loopholes found in such fictitious accounts, when we can simply point out that none of it happened?
Aug 6, 2012 7:57 PM

Nov 2010
Exkalibur said:
DesolateOne said:

inb4arguments

Jesus backwards sounds like sausage.
On my defense, I can't take credit for that awful, awful joke. xD

i lol'd
Aug 6, 2012 8:00 PM

Apr 2012
"Sniff sniff"

I smell sumthing burnin.
Jul 2012
inb4flamewar.
Also lol religion
Edit: Science FTW!~

May 2012
Exkalibur said:

So then following traditions? Don't they start to think for themselves as they grow up htough...

Many people continue to live in an environment, a culture that never encourages them to question their beliefs.
Aug 6, 2012 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
Citizeninsane said:
Exkalibur said:

My point was that there were literally before this thread three religious threads within the past couple weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the absurdity of Christianity, it's just the arguments especially in such a short span get redundant.

Well, all I can say is dammit, I missed it, and wish you luck in finding something worthwhile and/or new. :)

PirateKingz said:

OIC.

Faiyez said:
The Genesis stories are all myths.

Why then, would we even bother to argue the loopholes found in such fictitious accounts, when we can simply point out that none of it happened?

But that won't be enough unless of course you can prove none of that happened.
Aug 6, 2012 8:06 PM

May 2012
PirateKingz said:

If you love Jesus that much, why don't you make a thread about him? We could certainly have more of that.
Aug 6, 2012 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
Exkalibur said:

True someone does. But why must it be explained in that sense? It just contradicts the all-loving God of theirs doesn't it?
And isn't sharing a good thing? Whoever doesn't share something so tasty to their bestfriend/partner(?) is a sinful young lady/man. Tsk, tsk.
You know when your parents bought let's say, chocolate, and told you not to touch it but you did anyway and convinced your brother/sister to eat it too? Well it's pretty much the same deal. They weren't supposed to, regardless of the advantages or disadvantages incurred by the sole act of eating it.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした

Jan 2011
mascarpone said:
"Sniff sniff"

I smell sumthing burnin.

Am I too hot for you? ;)

StormSurge said:
inb4flamewar.
Also lol religion
Edit: Science FTW!~

Where dem flamahz at?

Faiyez said:
Exkalibur said:

Many people continue to live in an environment, a culture that never encourages them to question their beliefs.

How about those living in more developed countries like US, Canada, England, Australia...

Sep 2009
God doesn't really have a gender so "he" can't be sexist. The men who wrote the bible on the other hand...

And yes, it's wonderful that you've finally opened your eyes. These threads get made way too often though.

Jun 2012
Faiyez said:
PirateKingz said:

If you love Jesus that much, why don't you make a thread about him? We could certainly have more of that.

I didn't stop reading because I was offended, arguing for the sake of arguing is just a waste of time.
Aug 6, 2012 8:10 PM

Jun 2012
This thread is bad.
Aug 6, 2012 8:12 PM

May 2012
Exkalibur said:

That's the same as a Christian asking an atheist to "disprove" God.

The burden of proof is actually on the claimant.
Aug 6, 2012 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
Well flamewar will come and I'll say is everyone has their opinions of course,

the problem is only when people go too far or people think they are better(just because they're atheist or just because they're religious)

Aug 6, 2012 8:16 PM

May 2012
shairn said:
You know when your parents bought let's say, chocolate, and told you not to touch it but you did anyway and convinced your brother/sister to eat it too? Well it's pretty much the same deal. They weren't supposed to, regardless of the advantages or disadvantages incurred by the sole act of eating it.

And eating some chocolate gives my parents the right to basically disown me for at least 4000 years?
Aug 6, 2012 8:18 PM

Jun 2007
I was raised in a religious household. Going to church every week and such. But I had always thought it was just some sort of ridiculous story time for adults (I was like 8). And then I was fucking floored when I found out people actually believed in that stuff for reals.

So yeah, I have no religion.
Aug 6, 2012 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
shairn said:
Exkalibur said:

If we were to always be constrained from what others say, we would never get anywhere in life.

Lemonaded said:
God doesn't really have a gender so "he" can't be sexist. The men who wrote the bible on the other hand...

And yes, it's wonderful that you've finally opened your eyes. These threads get made way too often though.

Well, according to Christianity, the Bible is supposed to be written truthfully, is it not? And why must he have a gender to be sexist?
And that second part of your comment is said way too often.

Shuhan said:
This thread is bad.

You're bad! O: Ohhh, yeah, I went thurr.

Kenju said:
Well flamewar will come and I'll say is everyone has their opinions of course,

the problem is only when people go too far or people think they are better(just because they're atheist or just because they're religious)

I like to think I can escape cyber bullying. :)

Faiyez said:
Exkalibur said:

That's the same as a Christian asking an atheist to "disprove" God.

The burden of proof is actually on the claimant.

I'm not here to prove that God doesn't exist, just saying that the religion is stupid.

Rainbow-Dash said:
I was raised in a religious household. Going to church every week and such. But I had always thought it was just some sort of ridiculous story time for adults (I was like 8). And then I was fucking floored when I found out people actually believed in that stuff for reals.

So yeah, I have no religion.

Kudos to you! If I were in your shoes, I don't know if I'd be able to get away from all that (especially if I lived in a rural place with no diversity >_>)
Aug 6, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2012
Lemonaded said:

The point is that God's actions were sexist to us rational humans of late.
Aug 6, 2012 8:24 PM

Jun 2012
Exkalibur said:
Shuhan said:
This thread is bad.

Thanks for hurting my feelings...
Aug 6, 2012 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
Why do people make these threads.
They make everyone unhappy :(
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Aug 6, 2012 8:33 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
The bible is a book written by man. I take it that christians use it more as a guideline to stay on a righteous path. I'm pretty sure christians don't continue to sacrifice lambs and some of the other stranger things that are in the bible.

On a side note, when is it ever a good, productive idea to argue religion on an internet forum, lol. Just saying...
Aug 6, 2012 8:36 PM

May 2012
Exkalibur said:
How about those living in more developed countries like US, Canada, England, Australia...

You could still be unlucky and grow up in an Amish community for instance.

But, for the most part, I consider that people like us, going about in the Information Age, would have no real justification for taking Christianity seriously.

Clinging stubbornly to unjustified metaphysical superstition continues to be one of our biggest failures as a species.
FaiyezAug 6, 2012 8:45 PM
Aug 6, 2012 8:36 PM
Jun 2012
Exkalibur said:
I may not be the most informed about Christianity, but the small holes in this religion in everything I do come across just doesn't allow me to take this religion seriously anymore, to put it bluntly.

And you shouldn't take it seriously. Religion is a joke.
Aug 6, 2012 8:37 PM

Apr 2008
The Bible is corrupted. Simple.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Aug 6, 2012 8:43 PM

Dec 2011
great...another stupid thread. Why not just post this in one of the countless others that are out there.
Aug 6, 2012 8:45 PM

May 2012
Tr1ckR said:
great...another stupid thread. Why not just post this in one of the countless others that are out there.

Have you bothered posting your thoughts in any of the others?

Jun 2012
yay another religion thread
we learned about empiricism centuries ago
/thread
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jul 2011
talking snakes
Aug 6, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Faiyez said:
Lemonaded said:

You're calling him irrational now? xD Doesn't that make him inferior to us?

Shuhan said:
Exkalibur said:
Shuhan said:
This thread is bad.

Thanks for hurting my feelings...

I sowwy. Want cookie?

taketori said:
Why do people make these threads.
They make everyone unhappy :(

Why do people torture themselves when the topic clearly gives a warning?
They remind me how stupid some people are. :(

KingYoshi said:

On a side note, when is it ever a good, productive idea to argue religion on an internet forum, lol. Just saying...

How about when you're bored and have some time to kill? :D
Aug 6, 2012 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
oh look a thread I've never seen before
Aug 6, 2012 8:47 PM

Dec 2011
Faiyez said:
Tr1ckR said:

Have you bothered posting your thoughts in any of the others?

lol why would i do that, everyone knows these threads turn to shit anyway.
Aug 6, 2012 8:49 PM

May 2012
dmfsan said:
Exkalibur said:
the small holes in this religion in everything I do come across just doesn't allow me to take this religion seriously anymore

Who took christianity seriously in the first place?

And I have another contradiction for you:
There is this rule which says you shouldn't make an image of god, but why does this exist then?

Sorry if I'm wrong and the guy on the right is someone else like Moses or Jesus or someone.

But let the christians be what they want to be as long as they don't bother others with it.

This basically says it all.

That rule pertains to Islam, you idiot.

@ Exkalibur

What was the reasoning behind making this thread?
Aug 6, 2012 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
dmfsan said:
[
This basically says it all.

This made me lol. xD

Tr1ckR said:

Regicide said:
/thread

Great, more dimwits who have decided to waste their time on this stupid thread. How about using your own advice, don't be a waste of space?

JReitan said:

What was the reasoning behind making this thread?

What was your reasoning behind your comment?
Aug 6, 2012 8:57 PM

May 2012
Exkalibur said:

To tell you truthfully, I wanted to figure out whether or not you were making this thread for attention.
Aug 6, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2012
Exkalibur said:
Faiyez said:

You're calling him irrational now?

Provided that his position puts forward any justification for the actions of the God of the Bible, yes.

Exkalibur said:
Doesn't that make him inferior to us?

No.
Aug 6, 2012 9:01 PM

Dec 2011
Exkalibur said:
Tr1ckR said:

Regicide said:
/thread

Great, more dimwits who have decided to waste their time on this stupid thread. How about using your own advice, don't be a waste of space?

i have time to waste today, its my day off, and im bored.. :)
Aug 6, 2012 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
JReitan said:
Exkalibur said:

To tell you truthfully, I wanted to figure out whether or not you were making this thread for attention.

And what did you find out?

Tr1ckR said:
Exkalibur said:
Tr1ckR said:

Regicide said:
/thread

i have time to waste today, its my day off, and im bored..

My, aren't you a hypocrite then.
Aug 6, 2012 9:06 PM

Jan 2011
Faiyez said:
Exkalibur said:
Faiyez said:

You're calling him irrational now?

Provided that his position puts forward any justification for the actions of the God of the Bible, yes.

If he cannot make flawless deciisions that are best for us (which is his whole purpose of existence xD), then he is merely another human being.
Aug 6, 2012 9:07 PM

Dec 2011
Exkalibur said:

Tr1ckR said:
Exkalibur said:
Tr1ckR said:

Regicide said:
/thread

i have time to waste today, its my day off, and im bored..

My, aren't you a hypocrite then.

by posting shit on a shit-filled thread? yeah :)
Aug 6, 2012 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
I figured out the true reason behind the creation of this topic! It is because the OP is a WOMAN!!!
You are welcome.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is your manga affinity with the user above? ( 1 2 )

Mr_Libra - Mar 19

90 by iftsistrnn »»
45 seconds ago

» How many of the above person's favorite manga have you read? ( 1 2 )

Mr_Libra - Mar 27

88 by iftsistrnn »»
1 minute ago

» Anime in above user's "dropped" list that they should reconsider v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Oct 28, 2016

6026 by iftsistrnn »»
2 minutes ago

» Who has the longest amount of days spent watching anime? You or the person above you? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ethot - May 2, 2016

3169 by iftsistrnn »»
3 minutes ago

» Who has the longest completed (anime) list? You or the person above you? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

unitedkingdom97 - Sep 1, 2014

6138 by iftsistrnn »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.