New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 4, 2008 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
Ok I loved the 5th episode!!!
Damn college, I watched it this late cause of it....:(

Mr.Bushido is sooo cool :D
He is there just to fight Setsuna, I think.

Wonder what's gonna happen now with Marina and Azadistan...
it is burned down now, and Setsuna's gonna kill that Al-Ali guy.
But they are cute together ;)

Lyle got a bit crazy in this one... but I definitely don't blame him, they killed a lot of his companions with those automatons. And Soma-chan seems to have second thoughts cause of them; can't wait for the next meeting with Allelujah.

Ahahaha, and Tieria was really cute when he joked with fellow Meistars!

As always, can't wait for the next episode... seems promising :D
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Nov 4, 2008 8:11 AM

Mar 2008
Ahaha, Mr. Bushido won't be satisfied with weak opponents :D And I'm sure he didn't want to take part in such a horrible massacre. A man of honor doesn't do such things :D

I wonder what's gonna happen with Marina-hime and her country too. But lol, it was kinda cool when Ali appeared all crazy as usual XD My dream fight in Gundamu would be Graham vs Ali, but this might never happen ;__;

Lyle's reaction at least totally confirmed he's a good guy. Not that I had any actual doubts anyway.
Both Soma and Kati aren't really liking the A-Laws' methods. Btw, it was cute when Soma agreed to become Sergei's adopted daughter :D

Lulz, T-chan is becoming more and more sociable :D Too bad his jokes make people confused instead of making them laugh ahaha.

Aand, we got to know another Innovator with a very interesting name XDDD Lol, Revive Revival XD Regene definitely doesn't like him XD

I think we'll learn about Sumeragi-san's past in episode 6.

Nov 4, 2008 9:42 AM

Jun 2008
Ariana said:
Ahaha, Mr. Bushido won't be satisfied with weak opponents :D And I'm sure he didn't want to take part in such a horrible massacre. A man of honor doesn't do such things :D

Totally agree on this one. And it was a massacre. Those automatons should really be forbidden!!!

Yes, I'm also sure that Lyle is a good guy, but I'm guessing that Celestial Beings and Cataron will have some kind of conflict in the future. For now, Cataron is only an opposition against the current government, but Celestial Being's ideology doesn't mind the government, but A-Laws instead.
So I'm very curious of what will Lyle choose at that moment :)

True lol, no one's used to a joking T-chan :DDD

We'll see about those Innovators... wanna know their purpose ;)

Ariana said:

I think we'll learn about Sumeragi-san's past in episode 6.

You really think so? Ahh, can't wait to find out about the reason she became an alcoholic!!! Been bugging me since season one :((
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Nov 9, 2008 1:21 AM

Mar 2008
So we got to see Emilio. Sumeragi-san passed out as the spoilers had said. I actually expected some more Sumeragi flashbacks, but well...

The highlight of the episode was Saji getting bitchslapped by T-chan XDDD He should have punched him, though >_> Oh Tieria, you've been acting quite manly lately, now all you have to do is start punching people instead of slapping them lol.

And Sergei got slapped by that white haired idiot D: Now that Lindt guy definitely has to die a horrible death!!! Either killed by Kati or Sergei.

And the cliffhanger! Well, Louise won't die, at least not so early in the series. And I wonder how the Alle/Soma episode will turn out. Hopefully the whole island thing won't be too cliche. I guess it won't in their case. Would rather expect some touching flashbacks and quite a bit of angst than sudden romance lol.

Nov 10, 2008 11:32 AM

Jul 2008

Grushido feels great again seeing Set-chan and 00 I loled wheh he calls him "shounen".

I surprised that Kati knows Sumeragi. Sumeragi's past will be shown more later maybe.

I wish they showed that "T-Slap" scene completely so we could make it .gif :< Saji doesnt have the right punching him at that situation :P If he did T-chan would kick back him I'm sure XDD
And I loled when T-chan said "who knows wat will happen if we leave him here" by looking Saji haha :D

That damnlord A-LAWS man funny-pressed haired geezer how dare he slaps Sergei -.- Wish him dead!! Kati will choke him I hope haha XD

Louise wont die easily. I didnt like the fact that Sergei's son attracted by her -__- He'll save her...

Btw...
I want to get a slap from T-chan!!!!!!!! fsdfsdf.
Nov 10, 2008 3:22 PM

Nov 2007
Whoa, great episode! That cliffhanger was good :O

It seems like the whole "lost island" plot was used many times by Sunrise. But we have to wait and see how it'll turn out with Alle and Soma, since I can't imagine romantic moments between them there XD If it'll be well done, than I can't complain.

T-chan slapping Saji was awesome! *o* But Sergei getting slapped wasn't D:<

Saji x Louise "battle" happened much more sooner than I expected! o.o

Ahahaha, and Andrei little bear seems interested on Louise... watch out Saji! XD

Ah, and Mr. (lol I wrote Mt. again XD) Bushido met his beloved Gundam 00! So romantic *is touched*

Also, Sumeragi's past seems pretty good. I want to know more o/

Also, does anyone have a good teory about why Prince Ali let Setsuna and Marina go? (though he obviously didn't know who was in the "spaceship", same goes for Set-chan and Marina)
Nov 10, 2008 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
Loved this episode as well ;)

Heh, Sumeragi-san passed out in the right time... now her friend from the past won't be sure it's her. But she'll wake up before the battle ends, hopefully.
And about time she faced her past demons ;)

I agree that Louise will survive this... she and Saji need to meet.
But seems like Smirnov's son got the hots for her now...
maybe there'll be some romance there ;)

And Mr.Bushido X Setsuna battle is really cute :)
This will go on until the end of the show. Mr.Bushido and Prince Ali (lol) are Setsuna's greatest adversaries.

As for theories about letting Setsuna and Marina go, don't know any.
It was a bit stupid when Setsuna said: "Masaka....." and Prince Ali (I seriously like this XD) said: "Sono masaka...". I mean, he can't exactly hear him, right ;)?
But well, maybe he didn't even see them... he couldn't know who was in the ship, and his mission was probably "just" to burn Azadistan, so why bother with chasing some ship?

Can't wait to find out more about Allelujah and Marie in the next episode!
And T-chan, at that... he's the Meister I really like, but dunno much about :(
Nov 11, 2008 12:23 AM

Mar 2008
The thing with Andrei is annoying, we don't need more romance here D: And the way he looked at Louise was rally creepy lol.

I'm sure the island episode will be good, can't imagine another AthrunxCagalli here XD [Though it was actually awesome in their case :D]

Mr. Bushido calling Set-chan "shounen" immediately reminded me of Tyki calling Allen "shounen" in DGM lulz.
Btw, it's so awesome how Bushido just does whatever he wants and doesn't even have to follow anyone's orders lulz.
Ahaha, Mr. Bushido's love is definitely one-sided, poor guy. And Set-chan should really focus on the battle coz Mr. Bushido feels insulted by him not fighting seriously.

As for the slap, I'm sure T-chan learned that from Sumeragi-san ahahahaha.

Aaand Ali, I think it was just for a dramatic effect XD Maybe he got orders from Ribbons to get back. And Set-chan didn't have his Gundamu plus he had his princess onboard, so of course he wouldn't just go crazy and try to fight him :D

I would so love to see a Mr. Bushido vs Prince Ali fight, but this will never happen ;__; They're probably the best pilots in the show, so the fight would be epic.

Nov 11, 2008 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
natsuki-chan-bg said:
It was a bit stupid when Setsuna said: "Masaka....." and Prince Ali (I seriously like this XD) said: "Sono masaka...". I mean, he can't exactly hear him, right ;)?
Hahaha, true... but somehow, it was kinda cool, lol. I liked it too XDDD

natsuki-chan-bg said:

But well, maybe he didn't even see them... he couldn't know who was in the ship, and his mission was probably "just" to burn Azadistan, so why bother with chasing some ship?

Ariana said:
Aaand Ali, I think it was just for a dramatic effect XD Maybe he got orders from Ribbons to get back. And Set-chan didn't have his Gundamu plus he had his princess onboard, so of course he wouldn't just go crazy and try to fight him :D
Yeah, pretty much what I thought. Maybe we might know more about what happened there on later episodes, but I'm not sure... Well, at least I'm sure that CB will go to Azadistan soon...

Ariana said:
As for the slap, I'm sure T-chan learned that from Sumeragi-san ahahahaha.
lol, I was trying to remember who slapped T-chan on S1 XDD
Nov 16, 2008 12:31 AM

Apr 2007
Omg, I'm so glad Soma remembered Allelujah and I thought all of their scenes in this episode were so cute...especially the kiss scene. >,>

Sergei gave me a heart attack when he fired that gun. lol The flashback scenes with him and Soma made me sad though. ;-;

Loved the Regene/Tierie scene at the end too. :D And was it just me, or was there another Tieria clone in the preview with realllyyyyy long hair? =0
Nov 16, 2008 12:44 AM

Mar 2008
My heart literally stopped twice during this episode. Once when Sergei fired, and then when Regene appeared.

Alle/Marie are so cute together and they even got approval from Papa Bear :D Gosh, I really hope he won't die for being such a good guy ;__;

Setsuna smiled omg. What a cute smile that was! :D

And Mistah Bushido was awesome, didn't want to fight handicapped 00 XD

And yes, there was someone looking like T-chan, but with long hair and boobies in the preview o_O Plus those spoilers about an undercover mission and that long-haired sillhouete labelled "Tieria" earlier. Oh my, brain broken.
And Ribbons looked kinda nice in those clothes in the preview ahahaha.

Nov 16, 2008 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
Two things that are completely taking over my mind.

&

Well there's more but.. -needs to calm down first-. D:
Nov 16, 2008 12:52 AM

Jan 2008
That played out TOO well. XD can't believe they kissed already >.>"
not as good as the Louise/Saji parting but kinda sad >.>;
I guess Sergei is going to resign or something O.o;
Long hair and BIG BOOBS LOL thats such a revealing dress :3
its deff Tieria. just look at that smirk LOL
Nov 16, 2008 12:52 AM

Apr 2007
I'm gonna be starring at those screenshots for the rest of the night cuz I definitely won't be able to sleep thanks to them. >_>
Nov 16, 2008 1:00 AM

Apr 2007
I wanted more flashbacks...maybe later? At least there was a little more to that Halle scene <3
I'm glad everything worked out, but I wasn't expecting it to be resolved so quickly. Papa Bear scared me when he shot his gun. At least he approves :D

AND THIS SCENE IS ADORABLE!!!

Nov 16, 2008 1:31 AM

Nov 2007
Ariana said:
And yes, there was someone looking like T-chan, but with long hair and boobies in the preview o_O Plus those spoilers about an undercover mission and that long-haired sillhouete labelled "Tieria" earlier. Oh my, brain broken.
And Ribbons looked kinda nice in those clothes in the preview ahahaha.

TEASER PREVIEW MUCH. I want explanation on that, and quick! & yus, fabulous Ribbons looked even more fabulous. <3

Momo-Hime said:
AND THIS SCENE IS ADORABLE!!!

It was!! ♥ I'm surprised how quickly I got into them even though it's all a lil too fast for me. XD
Nov 16, 2008 3:39 AM

Mar 2008
I say the scene with Alle and Marie blushing is when they see crossdressing Tieria lol.
They look too surprised to make it another "Are you lovers?" scene XD

Nov 16, 2008 11:05 PM

Feb 2008
Kyaa~ just watched episode 7 *fangirly tears of joy* Wow. Alle and Marie were ridiculously cute together. The two of them blushing in that scene <3<3 And it looks like T-chan got a nice 00 upgrade in the preview xD
ahem.
Nov 17, 2008 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
Well...Alle x Soma.
Soma remembered and goes with Marie just in a sec lol :D These moments were kinda sweet cuz Alle is so romantic :D Well but...they become couple so fast amirong? XD
OKAY I WONT DENY I'M a little JEALOUS OK??!!!! *sniffs* ROFL :D

Sergei will die I gues ;;___;;

Setsunaaaaa *_____* *hugs* SMILE MORE PLX!!!

Grushido is such a great man! We love him for this!

OMG Regene vs T-chan ahahau Regene you evil :P

That woman can't be T-chan and Regene's DNA mom?? XDD
ZeinoNov 17, 2008 10:50 AM
Nov 17, 2008 11:54 AM

Mar 2008
I'm starting to think Soma/Marie will die >_> Not that I want it to happen. But then kinda thought about Alle in the OP (you know that reaching out to the sky scene) and that broken glass in the ED, and the fact that it really went freaking easy for them in episode 7...
Though it's quite possible Sergei will die too ;__;

As for the woman lulz, it might be, but gosh, those spoilers about an undercover mission plus that long-haired figure silhouette labelled as Tieria lulz. OMG *confused* XDDD And it's not like they can't fake boobies XD

Nov 17, 2008 12:03 PM

Jul 2008
Ariana said:
I'm starting to think Soma/Marie will die >_> Not that I want it to happen. But then kinda thought about Alle in the OP (you know that reaching out to the sky scene) and that broken glass in the ED, and the fact that it really went freaking easy for them in episode 7...
Though it's quite possible Sergei will die too ;__;

As for the woman lulz, it might be, but gosh, those spoilers about an undercover mission plus that long-haired figure silhouette labelled as Tieria lulz. OMG *confused* XDDD And it's not like they can't fake boobies XD

Omg you may be right .___. But if she wont fight again how will she die?

Lolz THEY looked reall indeed ROFL.
Nov 17, 2008 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
Gosh, I actually want her to fight. I know she's Marie now, but heeey, I want Soma back ;__; And well, even if she doesn't fight, just being on board Ptolemaios 2 might get her killed.
Actually, I really wonder what they will do with her character now. I mean, she was really awesome in season 1 imo and kinda don't want her to become a useless moe character now :/ She has to do something lol. Only what? XD

They have such advanced technology, so they probably can make fake boobies look real O_O Very real O_O

Nov 17, 2008 3:07 PM

Jan 2008
Halleljuah comes back and in a jealous rage kills SOMA!
yes.
Nov 18, 2008 5:57 AM
Jul 2008
Second Season: I want to see Louise fight. But now Saji and Louise is at the same place, do you think they will see each other? I noticed Louise had two arms again, is the one of them some kind of a robot arm?
Nov 18, 2008 6:38 AM

Mar 2008
Yes, Louise has one mechanical arm, I read that on AnimeSuki, so if the translation they did was correct, then the arm is mechanical.
I want Louise to kill Nena lol.

Nov 19, 2008 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
Ariana said:
Yes, Louise has one mechanical arm, I read that on AnimeSuki, so if the translation they did was correct, then the arm is mechanical.
I want Louise to kill Nena lol.
Ditto! (Go Louise! o/)

Hm... the episode was a bit too fast imo... I guess this means that there will be A LOT of things that will happen to Alle, Marie and Sergei... o.o if not, it would be a giant waste of 3 awesome characters! But so far S2 hasn't disappointed me, so I can't complain :D I'm looking forward to see more about them ^^
Still, it was awesome. Alle is so cute <3

Plus, Set-chan smiling!!! <3 Mistaaah Bushido being honorable again <3

Sergei, the cutest Papa Bear! :D

And finally Regene and Tieria met... I wonder what will happen... o.o
Nov 19, 2008 1:35 PM

Nov 2007
Wow finally got to watch it :D:D. Alle and soma are so cute together :D. Doubt it will last long xD.

Looking forward to the next ep :D
Nov 20, 2008 5:43 AM

Jun 2008
Ika said:
Wow finally got to watch it :D:D. Alle and soma are so cute together :D. Doubt it will last long xD.

Probably not long... but they really are sooo cute, especially that kiss scene ;)

And the final scene with Regene and Tieria... same dna sequence, eh.
Well since they are too much alike, it had to be something like that ;)

Can't wait for the next episode ;)
Nov 23, 2008 12:45 AM

Mar 2008
EDT: watched speed subs, but still wanna see Shinsen's or/and Menclave's version.
Tieria in a dress! And, as I had actually predicted, Ribbons and Tieria dancing! I was wrong about the Alle and Soma scene, but was so right about this one! XD
No wonder Regene found T-chan there in episode 7 coz they can communicate telepathically thanks to quantum brainwaves (catalized by GN particles? WTF).

And aww, Feldt being cold to Soma, but not for long XD They're both so cute, now if they are going to become friends, Soma dying would be just too cruel to Feldt. Btw, Soma's boobs shrunk to their season 1 size. Not that I pay that much attention to such stuff, but it's so obvious lol.

T-chan hallucinating about Lockon, that was kinda sad ;__; Ok, now I do realize Lockon was an important person to him because he kind of validated his existence as a human being, BUT I really want Tieria to actually start living for himself. He should be a bit more selfish dammit. But now I think he will not betray CB after all. He hates Ribbons so much. I had this moment of doubt when Regene told Tieria that he became an obstacle to Aeolia's plan. Well, all those Innovators had been created just for the purpose of realizing his plans after all (plans meaning taking the united humanity into space apparently). So now T-chan needs to go through some angsting about the reason for his existence I guess. Coz according to the plan, he should have died in the battle 4 years ago. But since he's alive, Regene wants him to join the Innovators. He seems fine for now, but dunno what might happen later. I can see him pretending to betray CB or something like that, but definitely not betraying it for real.
Ribbons seems like a rather cool villain. I loved his evil laugh XD Actually, I just really love his voice in general.
And lol at Tieria tripping and the nice recovery by Ribbons (first time I have actually enjoyed watching people dance XD). Those Innovators must be stronger than they look XD Well, T-chan seems to be good at jumping through windows o_O That's Lara Croft level of awesomeness lulz.

I guess being able to do a female voice and being able to dance are also Innovator skills XD As for good manners, Tieria's always had them (yes, he has this awesome ability of even insulting people using pefectly polite language :D Though he kinda went "kisama" on Ribbons rofl) XD But it seems that Sumeragi was the genius responsible for the dress XD I wish there had been a scene with her preparing T-chan for the party ;__;

Poor Louise, felt bad for her in this episode. It was cute how Set-chan was so nice to her <3 But damn, Billy recognized him D:

And now Ali vs Setsuna and Tieria omg.

Regene actually does look nice in a suit/tux (?, not good when it comes to fashion lol). Plus he will definitely betray Ribbons sooner or later.

And I really felt kinda amazing watching this episode, it was something about the atmosphere. So surreal, like from a dream XD

Aaand
EDIT: Totally forgot about that idiot Patrick. I still hate him, he's an annoying idiot and a cockroach. I think Kati likes him only because with him around she feels even smarter than she already is. But it was kinda cute how she told him that the nickname was meant as an insult and he started laughing like a kid, and then she smiled XD Oh well, I guess idiots ARE charming in a way lol.
ArianaNov 23, 2008 3:48 PM

Nov 24, 2008 2:28 AM

Nov 2007
Gee Ariana. Pretty much all my thoughts were on your post LOL. But my mind's mainly on Tieria so excuse-moi :>

Tieria in a dress (with a gun hidden in his stocking; smexy yes?) dancing with the fabulous Ribbons and top it off with Regene in a suit, like a dream come true *dreamy sigh*~ XD

But hai, who did that female voice on Tieria?? Kamiya or some other seiyuu? o_o; & I just have to say I'd like to see a T-slap from that female version plsx.

Lockon appearing like that made me sad though. >: & I thought Louise was real pretty on this ep lol.
Nov 24, 2008 2:39 AM

Mar 2008
Lol, my post kinda turned pretty long XDDD

Gosh, the gun, that was seriously hot. Too bad T-chan is always totally useless with a gun ahahaha. He just points it at people, sometimes fires, but never really hits anyone XDDD

The dance was so sexy, Ribbons (can't believe I'm saying this) was rather hot in this episode. It was so awesome when Tieria tripped XD Ribbons showed some skill in that scene ahaha.

I would ship Regene (or Ribbons) with Lady!Tieria XDDD But the night's over and the princess disappears ahaha.

And it seems no one else was credited for the voice, so I guess it was Kamiya. It did sound like a guy doing the voice to me, at least with the first line.

Louise is very pretty this season. No wonder she has a stalker now ahaha.

Nov 24, 2008 4:57 AM

Jul 2008
Ariana lol you write all the points XDD

About DNA stuff SO they're from SAME person's DNA amirung? XDD And they dont age! I lol at someone here now KUHUHUHU!! XDD

When Neil appeared on that window I shocked tears fall down unconsciously while my mouth still open I couldnt stop it... that was omg I've should really missed him T_T

T-chan did it :D Haha really fanservices :D But Tieria didnt even embrass or smt he kept his calm XDDD He was focused for Innovator stuff. Those old geezers drooled there disgustingly rofl XDD Lol about T-Leg hahaha :D

Alle <3 cheering up Feldt that was so cute "We're all family!" *__*

Andrei peeking Louise by that window-reflection he is a real pervert >>;

I've predicted T-chan wont betray CB *relief sigh* I'm really happy for it happened real XD
ZeinoNov 24, 2008 5:01 AM
Nov 24, 2008 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
Ahaha, yea, I know, I love writing about 00 episodes XDDD

Yes, it seems the same person's DNA was used to create them. Yaaay for T-chan not aging lol.

I do miss Lockon, but was too busy feeling bad for my confused T-chan ;__;
Btw, the fact that Ribbons offered Tieria FULL ACCESS TO VEDA and Tieria rejected his offer was awesome :D Especially considering the fact that Veda was like GOD to T-chan in season 1.

Yes, it looked hot and kinda funny to us, but T-chan was well focused on his mission :D He was really cool for a crossdressing guy XD

Feldt acted very mature in this episode, I'm liking her more and more.

Ahaha, yes, Andrei is still a perv XDDD At least it's only about Louise, he doesn't drool over every woman he meets lulz.

Btw, so many window/mirror/water reflections in this series O_O Even in this one episode we had Tieria dropping the gun in the puddle and the distorted reflection in the water, then Tieria standing by the window on the ship (again a reflection in the window), then the thing with Louise and Andrei the Perv, Tieria seen through Ribbons' glass of wine, and Hilling shooting and destroying the mirror with Tieria's reflection in it. Did I miss anything? Dunno why, but I find this kinda cool :D

Yes, we can be relieved for now. He could stil pretend to betray CB, but after that conversation with Ribbons there's no way he will really betray.
ArianaNov 24, 2008 9:53 AM

Nov 26, 2008 8:46 AM

Dec 2007
I can't comment on the latest episode yet as I haven't downloaded and watched it, but I have seen enough unavoidable spoilers regardless that I figured it wouldn't hurt to come here before I'd seen it this week ;)

I did just downloaded the first dubbed episode, have the second one on the way. Seems that the american sci-fi channel is highly overloaded with adverts? It gave that impression anyway. I was wondering if anyone else had seen the dubbed episode and might have any comments on it. Or well, on the voices :P

I quite liked Lockon's voices (although I still wish they'd found someone with an irish accent for Lockon) and Tieria didn't really say enough in the first episode to judge, but seemed fine.
Graham seemed okay, and Setsuna's voice was a bit iffy but not too bad as of yet.
I wasn't too fond of Allelujah's or Billy's though, and Patrick was still as bad as I recalled. Sergei just sounded wrong :(
Hong-Long made me cringe. It might be because his voice sounds oddly sinister, but I guess it could also be because a "my mistress" comment when we just got told that Liu-Mei is his sister sounds wrong to my ears :P
Saji sort of sounded like they found someone able to do the most wimpy voice possible, which was amusing in its own way.
Feldt sounds exactly like Lacus.

I can't even decide if I have a comment on Haro's voice. I think its safer I don't.

On the up side, I guess, the lip-synching looks pretty good.
I did sort of laugh at Setsuna now being from the Krugis republic instead of the Kurdish republic I've grown accustomed to though :P
I'm a little more annoyed about the fact that after Christina talks about Setsuna completing first phase (or assuming he has), it seems to cut out the segment after that, with Lasse/Lichte talking and Sumeragi entering the bridge (drinking), and then cuts straight to Ptolemy 'revoving' and loading the Kyrios for launch :|
I don't know what time it was shown but I can't imagine drinking would have been a problem. And if it was, its not like she was holding a wine bottle ><
It also cuts out the bit where she says "Celestial Being's Gundam Meisters" before Setsuna starts shooting stuff up, (after the 'news coverage' on the elevator), and the part where all the HRL troops talk about not having much battle experience and start getting into their mobile suits :|
EphidelNov 26, 2008 9:28 AM
Nov 26, 2008 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
I watched some fragments on youtube and well, I really can't stand the American dubbing. Most characters sound more or less the same. And it seems that's usually the case with English-dubbed anime. And the characters often sound extremely artificial, as if the VAs were forcing themselves to read their lines. I guess those Japanese seiyuu are the best after all, they put so much emotion into their roles. Almost every character has an instantly recognizable voice.
Lockon's voice doesn't seem bad, but the rest, bleh. Setsuna sounds totally weird, the voice doesn't fit him at all. Tieria sounds kind of plain and uninteresting. And I really love Hiroshi Kamiya's voice acting in 00. And Sergei sounds seriously awful. Not to mention Haro.
To be honest, the voice is a very important part of a character to me, which means that once I get used to the voice, I just can't stand another voice for the same character. Tieria with a voice other than Kamiya's just doesn't click for me. It's not Tieria anymore. Same with other characters.
So yea, I'm just biased against dubbing lol.

Nov 27, 2008 5:51 AM

Dec 2007
I tend to be biased against dubs aswell, but I have been able to accept that some dubs in the past have actually been pretty good.
Its just a shame that I can't count this among them.

I find it odd that they seem to be randomly chopping bits out though. I assume its done to fit the episode into the time slot for the show but its sort of ew.

Having watched the second episode, my random comments:

Most of the voices of the governmental groups are annoying. And smug. And annoying.

They cut out an AEU establishing shot of one of the buildings "opening shot" around 4-5mins in, but its short and unnoticeable really unless you're weird enough to watch them side by side. Like me :P
Honestly, if they have to trim down the running time of the show, these are the bits I would expect to get trimmed or shortened. Not actual scenes, which is what they also seem to do later :|

Although most of the voices of the government groups are annoying, I quite like the "American President's" voice and that of his aide. I can't help but wonder if that was a little intentional :P

Then they did it again.
They cut out another "Sumeragi" part, just like in the first episode. The part where she talks with Tieria and Alle on their way to the launch bay.
Instead they just cut straight from the beginning of the conversation between Alle and Tieria straight to Feldt on the bridge.

Tieria's voice is more annoying now that he's actually saying more stuff. I think I could get use to the voice, but it doesn't "sound" like Tieria.
Then again, seeing as how "Tieria Erde" has become "Tieria Arday" I guess theres no reason to try and confuse them in the first place x_x

Sergei's voice is still annoying.

At around 12mins and a bit in, they cut out the Virtue and Kyrios just after they've entered when they meet up with the Exia and Dynames, instead cutting straight from the HRL outpost to the American president.

Somewhere between 14/15 mins in they cut out a small establishing shot of the gundams in flight between the fighting at Ceylon and Lockon talking about the mission.

I'm disappointed at the lack of "Dynames, Sniping the targets" :(
Its all "Targetted and ready to fire"

I like Alejandro's voice.

I've also noticed, on a more random note, that all the explosions seem to have less "fire" :|
Or at least, less orange. But I don't know if thats because I'm watching a poor quality recording :P
Nov 27, 2008 7:48 AM

Mar 2008
Haven't watched more of it and seriously I'm not interested enough to compare scenes between the original and the dub lol, but I don't care why they cut scenes, it's just wrong. Every scene in the show is part of the whole thing and is important. Some guys actually sat and drew/animated it.

Apart from the fact that I would never be able to get used to Tieria's voice in the dub, I wonder how they intend to do the "Ore wa... Boku wa... Watashi wa..." scene XDDD

Need to watch some more bits to hear Alejandro's voice.

As for the explosions, dunno, was too focused on complaining about the voices XDDD

Nov 27, 2008 5:15 PM

Dec 2007
I agree that cutting scenes out is wrong, I just wish I could find some logic in the way they're doing it (because my current impression is that they're trying to downgrade Sumeragi's role, which is odd, or make the Gundam Meisters more "business" focused by cutting out their "family like" interactions ... both of which are just annoying and I really hope I'm wrong).
I mainly started comparing to see what had gone missing because I noticed the time difference and that stuff was missing. And I like pulling things appart. Its fun, in a way ;)

With the ore/boku/watashi ... honestly, as there isn't a way to emphasise the gender confused pronouns in english I'm assuming they'll just make him sound more generally confused. His voice could falter I guess. Chances are he'll probably just get a repeating stutter :(

I'm sure there are a few words they can sub in should "I am... I am... I am..." not be deemed 'suitable' ... which is entirely possible considering that they've generally rearranged words to fit lip-flaps ('I am a Gundam', being the most obvious that comes to mind at the moment)
The ore wa and boku wa seem to have only two visible lip flaps anyway, but watashi wa has three or four, which means they probably can't make that repeated "I am"s. Maybe "I... I'm a... I am a..." to try and imply at least some progressive difference in what he's saying?
(or maybe even a "How... how could... how could I?" or something similar that might 'fit in' with his outburst, rather than being exactly whats being said)
Nov 29, 2008 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
Lol, maybe they're gonna remove some scenes with Lockon and Tieria too coz who needs such boring stuff called character development. Sumeragi is obviously a totally unnecessary character too, she's just a stupid strategist o_O
Well, I think I won't really try to watch more of it XDDD

Yea, there really isn't a perfect way of translating this bit. Same when Lockon notices that Tieria uses "boku", I think this scene's even worse to translate. Too bad if those people who watch it dubed, will kinda miss the meaning of some scenes if it's badly translated.

Dec 1, 2008 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
What's that about Revive's twin joining CB ftw O___O And again T-chan long hair? X__X
Dec 1, 2008 10:41 AM

Mar 2008
No idea XD I guess the Innovators are all going to be very important from now on. Katagiri decided to ask them for help. I hope the one that contacted CB isn't some kind of spy D:

As for T-chan, lol, another confusing preview ahahahaha. But seriously, it's not that funny if you think about it, he looks really confused ;__;
I hope he will be fine since episode 11 when, according to spoilers, he's supposed to tell the other CB members about the Innovators. Maybe he will actually tell them in episode 10 already, at the end.
The fact that he keeps it to himself doesn't help at all ;__;
He's trying to act composed when the others are around, but he really is on the verge of a mental breakdown now O_O Plus those voices he's been hearing O_O Poor T-chan, someone should give him a hug ;__;

Dec 7, 2008 4:17 AM

Jan 2008
thats all you get.
Dec 7, 2008 6:51 AM

Mar 2008
The shower scene definitely wasn't long enough D: I want more shower!Tieria ;__; And gosh, I wanna wash that hair *__* Ok, I should just shut up about this >_> I hope they will do at least one more scene with a better view XD But then T-chan will turn into the main source of fanservice in the series lmao.

Bring Stabity seems rather cool, he has a MANLY voice :D And Anew is cute (and very pretty). I hope she won't turn out to be working for Ribbons, though it isn't unlikely.
And it was cool how everyone with quantum brainwaves suddenly reacted because of those GN particles :D They sensed a disturbance in the FORCE!

And gosh, Papa Bear can't die ;__; But at least Halle's showed up XDDD Can't wait to see how Halle's relationship with Soma develops rofl.
ArianaDec 7, 2008 7:11 AM

Dec 7, 2008 9:06 AM

Apr 2007
WTF?! Somehow I knew Halle would show up the one night that I couldn't stay up and watch Gundam D:<

The only thing I heard so far is that Sergei is dead? ;___; and Halle is back <333333

*waiting for raw*

-late edit:
Okay so Sergei might have died. lol that's what I get for jumping to conclusions XD
I really hope he's still alive. He should have a more honorable death instead of getting blown away by a dust storm -_-
I really can't wait for the next episode :DD
MonochromeDec 8, 2008 12:28 AM
Dec 8, 2008 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
HALLEEEEEEE <3 I LUV H(A)LLE here is da reason both GREAT chars and surprise always :D <3333 ROFL ok I shut up XDD
And I loled when Alle said to Ian "Isnt this crime?" including Linda hahahahah :D

@Ariana: *pokes* You're nosebleeding so much... XDDDDDDDDDD

Someone tell me why T-chan's hair looks more longer there and not the same shape ?_?

I hope Sergei wont die ;__; But it seems that way ;___; Eventually he will T__T

ZeinoDec 8, 2008 10:25 AM
Dec 8, 2008 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
I really hope Sergei's alive, he can't die, not so soon at least ;__;

@Zeino: Thank you for noticing my nosebleeding! ROFL. You've been telling me this too often ahahahaha. I feel like a total pervert now! XD

Dunno about the hair, sure it should look longer when it's wet, but here it's a bit too long I think. As for the shape, it's seems the same, especially when he gets that quantum brainwaves reaction and lowers his head a little.

Ahaha, Ian sure has a beautiful young wife, I guess she fell for his intellect ahaha. I hope neither of them will die D:

Dec 21, 2008 12:52 AM

Jan 2008

sorry but I shouldn't laugh ;_;

Its too funny ;_;

*insert Lyle smirk*

Dec 21, 2008 12:58 AM

Mar 2008
I just love Ribbons now (not that I didn't before lulz). I always loved hs smiley polite self, but angry Ribbons is awesome too :D Especially if he takes his anger out on Wang XDDD

And I'm so happy no Innovators died this episode :D

Louise, if you gotta turn to the Dark Side, do it with style dammit.

And lol, Lyle~

SAJI SHOULD DIE, BUT HE PROBABLY WON'T DAMMIT.

EDIT: There was some really amazing music during the action scenes, can't wait for the OST! :D
ArianaDec 21, 2008 1:22 AM

Dec 21, 2008 1:18 AM

Apr 2007
Ribbons slap ftw ~

LOUISE/SAJI NEED TO GOOOOO! >_>
Dec 22, 2008 11:05 AM

Jul 2008
@Jaemi: plx kick once this Saji!

RIBBONS ownage hahahah :D Rib-slap? XDDD AAahahah WLM gtfo plx~~

Saji & Louise, boring.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite Meister

Gurenn - Dec 26, 2009

0 by Gurenn »»
Dec 26, 2009 9:47 AM

Sticky: » *CLOSED* Get your member ID card *CLOSED* ( 1 2 )

Ariana - Oct 10, 2008

87 by Arata »»
Nov 6, 2009 1:36 PM

» Popularity Polls

Mikaaa - Dec 23, 2008

14 by Mijoo-Chan »»
Apr 13, 2009 2:20 PM

» To celebrate 30 Years of Gundam Japan made...*le gasp*...

Dark_Slytherin - Mar 12, 2009

18 by ivorykeys »»
Apr 11, 2009 9:09 AM

» Fan stuff

Ariana - Oct 10, 2008

16 by Ariana »»
Jan 26, 2009 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.