Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favorite Fall 08 anime series?

New
Oct 10, 2008 5:50 AM

Mar 2007
OVA's, OAD's, and Movies are excluded. Go HERE for anime references and release dates.

Golden week is soon coming to a close, so now is the time to vote for your favorite anime series of this season.... what will you vote for?
Of course feel free to wait to vote on late release series, one vote will only count!
When you vote, please give a reason why and any runners up we should know about. If this thread is successful, it should provide decent feedback of all the series released this season. (yeah right)

...well i can dream right?

Be sure to Watch this post!

And as for me, its a toss up right now between
Toradora - Taiga is just pure tsundere win! And she's so short!

KemekoDX - Ecchi comedy involving a nenoroid looking robot :) The comdey is almost as epic as Dokuro-chan. The character style VERY faintly reminds me of like an old anime from the early 90's

Shikabane Hime Aka - Purple haired princess zombie ass kicker in a school uniform... need i say more?

Ga-Rei -zero- - The cliffhanger was just insanely awesome :) some of the drama scenes were a little ho hum but that cliffhanger... NEED MOAR cliffhangers like that. and the silent credits are something that isn't being used enough in anime or any show anymore.

...also im waiting for jigoku shoujo and chaos head to rear their heads in the mix...
RanivusOct 10, 2008 6:04 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 10, 2008 5:58 AM

Sep 2007
None of those series interest me even one bit, to be honest.
Oct 10, 2008 6:00 AM

Feb 2007
I prefer these kind of threads to be started midway through the season, but whatever.

Well, definitely not voting yet until mid Oct (that's when Michiko to Hatchin airs and will be subbed), because there are still plenty of shows for me to start. So far though, Ga Rei Zero is my fav by far, with Clannad ~ After Story in second. The other four anime I've started (Toradora, Kyou no go no ni, Hyakko, Tales of the Abyss) so far range from average to bad.
Oct 10, 2008 6:09 AM

Feb 2008
Eh, so far I'd say Gundam 00 Season 2. It's the only one where I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

There's a few other good shows I suppose, but none of them are really blowing me away quite yet.

Besides, most shows have only aired one or two episodes so far, so it's way too early to say for sure which is the best.
Oct 10, 2008 6:10 AM

Oct 2008
Too early to say as haven't watched all of them yet. I think Clannad After Story will be high up there as well as Kannagi has been good so far.

I've enjoyed Toradora and To Aru Majutsu no Index so far too, as well as many others and I'm looking forward to see subs of Chaos;Head.

Kannagi has been the best so far compared to what I had expected, as well as Kemeko DX has been a nice surprise as I never intended to even watch it and the first episode was great.
Oct 10, 2008 6:10 AM

Jun 2007
I'm withholding my vote until Tytatnia is released, (so I can have an informed vote when voting fot it. :D)
Oct 10, 2008 6:13 AM

Aug 2008
Tough to pick...I mean I like a lot of fall anime so far...
Toradora!, Akane, To aru majutsu, ef n clannad...
Maybe 4 or 5 more episodes then I will know which is my favourite...
:D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 10, 2008 6:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The best ones so far are Clannad, Xam'd, Kannagi, Index, and Ga-Rei-Zero for me. I'm sure ef, Jigoku Shoujo and Hyakko won't disappoint either. Gundam 00 is pretty good too. Hope it'll be as good as the first season.

Ones I don't like are Kemeko and Kuroshitsuji.

But yeah, still a lot to come so I'm sure my opinion will be slightly different in a month.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 10, 2008 6:32 AM

Mar 2008
There are some promising anime this season, also some I plan on picking up when more episodes are out, but I was thrilled with the first episode of Clannad ~after story~. This may change, though, when I've seen more Junjou Romantica.
Oct 10, 2008 6:33 AM

Dec 2007
I won't vote yet but Casshern Sins has the most potential so far out of what I have seen.
Oct 13, 2008 4:59 AM

May 2008
Thus far...

1. Kurozuka - Excellent animation production and directing combined with an interesting, violence filled love story? Winner.

2. Clannad ~After Story~ - Just as funny as the first season thus far, if not more than. With the spotlight off of the Nagisa/Okazaki relationship I look forward to the characters that didn't get much screen time last season getting a chance to shine.

3. Nodame Cantabile Paris-hen - Like Clannad this is just as funny as the first season. Hopefully it can manage to cram in a lot in the span of 11 episodes.

4. Tales of the Abyss - Yeah...I still don't know how this has managed to be so damn likeable.

5. Ga-Rei Zero - If the first episode is any indication (and I'm not entirely sure it is...) this should be a very entertaining series.

Still need to see: Tytania, Michiko to Hatchin, Mouryou no Hako
Oct 13, 2008 5:42 AM

Apr 2007
BlueYoshi said:
I prefer these kind of threads to be started midway through the season, but whatever.

In any case, still waiting on Tytania and Michiko to hatchin.

But so far anyways, Nodame, Index, Kannagi and perhaps Toradora! all have potential of being my fav series this season. We'll see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2008 8:00 AM

Apr 2008
So far Toradora seems to be quite interesting.
Oct 13, 2008 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
Foggle said:
None of those series interest me even one bit, to be honest.

Same here.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 13, 2008 8:04 AM

Nov 2007
So far, Gundam 00 S2 and Tales of the Abyss are the ones that I'm paying the closest attention to. But if ef - a tale of melodies is anywhere near as good as the first series, I don't doubt that I'll be saying the same for that as well soon.

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." ~Douglas Adams (RIP)
Oct 13, 2008 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
The ones that interest me are:

CHAOS;HEAD - First ep was epic. Had me going, don't really know what to expect. I'm going to keep an eye out for this. Very interesting.

Mouryou no Hako - Interesting.... gonna watch it for now, let's just see how creepy it's going to be :D

ef - a tale of melodies - Very intrigued 1ep not the normal "shallow" love romance drama...I love Ef- a tale of memories. and I really like the new Ef so far, let see how it develops.

Nodame Cantabile: Paris-hen - Yay Nodame is back, Chiaki is back :D
Love it<3 great first ep.

ga-rei -zero- WTF 1 and 2 ep. lol

Kuro Shitsuji - This seems to be filled with lots of mystery so I'll keep it on my watching list.

Vampire Knight Guilty- Zero<3 hehe well i read the manga and i watched the first season so am definitely watching this:)

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ - I loved the first and second episode. Can’t wait for more to come.

Gundam 00 S2- Well I’ve seen the first season... so now am gonna watch the second...and I liked the 1 and 2 ep.

Skip Beat! - I read the manga<3 so i just have to watch this :)

---------
and I didn’t vote, cuz i can't choose yet....
RazziellOct 13, 2008 9:10 AM

Oct 13, 2008 10:08 AM

Oct 2007
Tales of the Abyss
Mouryou no Hako
Chaos; HEAD
Casshern Sins
G00 2nd Season
Vampire Knight Guilty

Quite a list ^^
Oct 13, 2008 10:18 AM

Mar 2008
Gundam 00 S2, followed by Kuroshitsuji. The first 2 epsidoes of the former were superb :) There were some expected (and unexpected) parts which were fun to watch ^^
As for Kuroshitsuji, I liked the animation style and the seiyuu! Maaya Sakamoto totally fits the role.
Click Here !:

Oct 13, 2008 10:27 AM

Jul 2008
Too many great episodes this season><, hard to decide, of course clannad, ef etc but my votes go for to aru majutsu no index, but kannagi is great too~~

Oct 13, 2008 12:44 PM

Aug 2006
I'm only watching Gundam 00 and Tales of the Abyss.

Both are pretty good, I pick 00 though.
Oct 13, 2008 3:00 PM

Jul 2007
Currently watching:
---
Chaos;Head
Clannad After Story
Kuroshitsuji
Nodame Cantabile Pari-hen
Yozakura Quartet
Michiko to Hatchin (waiting on)

Of all of these, Chaos;Head shows the most promise.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 13, 2008 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
Toaru Majutsu no Index
so far only 2 eps are out, but so far, I LOVE IT :3

Oct 13, 2008 3:05 PM

Oct 2007
Well I'm not going to cast my vote just yet. Really the only ones I'm actually impressed with so far are Kurozuka and Casshern Sins, but I am anticipating Michiko to Hatchin and Mouryou no Hako to be pretty good as well.

Ones that just suck so far are #1 Yozakura Quartet and #2 Kurogane no Linebarrels.

Ga-Rei Zero I didn't think was all that, and Kuroshitsuji was a little weak as well, though I think both of these might steadily improve.

Tales of the Abyss is so far really just a typical RPG turned anime, nothing new or exciting, just simple action and basic characters and story, decently amusing though. Shikabane Hime is somewhat similar, being mainly just entertaining because of a girl with a mini-skirt wields guns and kicks ass. Really nothing more to that one so far than that.

Tytania isn't bad, but I was expecting something much better. Just a let down to me, really.

Oh, and Xam'd is a great series as well, not really including it though since it really started more in the summer season.
Monkey_D_LuffyOct 13, 2008 5:04 PM

Oct 13, 2008 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
Monkey_D_Luffy said:

Ones that just suck so far are #1 Yozakura Quartet and #2 Kurogane no Linebarrels.

I have no reason to disagree with you on Linebarrels, but Yozakura... come on, it's far from the best first episode but it's not like it was repeatedly shooting itself in the foot.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 13, 2008 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
Nott just yeeeet, but I do love me some Clannad <3

& Kannagi looks great, Toradora! too, Tales of Abyss looks promising and to be honest those are the shows I really look forward to seeing throughout the week, and I'm watching a good amount I think, :D
Oct 13, 2008 3:52 PM

Jun 2007
Chaos Head - playing the game and its one of most interesting ones I've played so far and have high hopes for it
Yozakura Quartet - huge fan of manga, it just have to get better soon
Raoh Gaiden
Kannagi
Tales of the Abyss
are my favourites so far. Kyou no 5-2 TV is just pointless IMO
T0sh1k1Oct 13, 2008 3:56 PM
Oct 13, 2008 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
It's between Kuro Shitsuji and Hakushaku to Yousei... but i'm not sure. Those are the only new series that I've watched so far.
Oct 13, 2008 5:09 PM

Oct 2007
Splitter said:
Monkey_D_Luffy said:

I have no reason to disagree with you on Linebarrels, but Yozakura... come on, it's far from the best first episode but it's not like it was repeatedly shooting itself in the foot.

It's just my opinion, but I really didn't find anything good in Yozakura. Storyline is a very basic plot about kids with certain abilities vs. demons (youkai, whatever), the animation is far from special, the characters are pretty blah, and the action isn't even any good. I might be being a little too critical, I dunno, but it's just really mediocre basically, imo. It's not that bad I guess, but I really just can't even find anything in it that I'd say is actually good.

Oct 13, 2008 5:33 PM

Jul 2008
It's a bit too early for me to say for sure, but I look forward to Clannad After Story the most each week. That's because I have a general idea of what's to come in it and am really anticipating it.

Chaos Head,
ef- a tale of melodies,
Akane-iro ni somaru saka,
Vampire Knight
are al quite promising as well.
Oct 13, 2008 5:59 PM

Mar 2008
i can only vote for one so im gonna wait lol
Oct 13, 2008 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
i just see that list and find that there a vast number of animes i haven't checked out yet and now i got to spend some time checking out every last one

you just ruined the rest of my evening :P

but from what i have been watching so far, chaos head and ga-rei-zero are quite good. i'm sure clannad will be good as well but i got to see season 1 first so... yeah...
Oct 13, 2008 9:43 PM

Feb 2008
Xam'd - Greatest OP/ED i've seen in, well... forever. The series is reminiscent of euraka7, which aint such a bad thing.

Toradora - Only 2 down so far, but enjoying it alot more than i thought i wouldve.

Chaos head - Its got the 'wtf factor', and i like that factor.

Good 'Autumn' series so far.
Oct 13, 2008 10:13 PM

Jul 2008
I'm really liking Clannad After Story so far, but Toradora is a little so-so. Have to see how the rest plays out.
Oct 13, 2008 10:28 PM

Mar 2007
Chäos;HEAd
Instagram: Luzifurr
Oct 13, 2008 11:03 PM

Mar 2008
clannad.

=D
Oct 13, 2008 11:41 PM

Oct 2007
Ga-rei seems to stick out most for me so far, I'm gonna tend to ignore quite a few shows since I'm hating quite a few things.

Oct 13, 2008 11:45 PM

Nov 2006
tales of the abyss is my favorite so far. kannagi is closely following it. i was impressed with hakushaku to yousei.
i am reaaaaaally looking forward to mouryou no hako.

i am disappointed in chaos;head.
Oct 13, 2008 11:50 PM

Mar 2008
Shouldn't this be in the spam forum or something?

And I can't really decide.
ef's sequel will probably live up to its predecessor, Gundam 00 SS started off excellently, Clannad hasn't been very eventful, but not bad...
Of the new series, Index and Toradora are two that I've liked, but Kannagi is the only new series I've picked up that really hit a chord with me.

I'm expecting a clean Clannad sweep because of its popularity, though.
EDIT: aaand I'm right.
qtipOct 13, 2008 11:53 PM
Oct 14, 2008 6:29 PM

Oct 2007
i posted too soon before watching tytania

Oct 14, 2008 6:30 PM

Oct 2007
Looks like it's gonna be To Aru Majutsu no Index, with Casshern and Kannagi following closely behind.
You can find me on IRC.
Oct 14, 2008 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
Definitely Stitch
Oct 14, 2008 6:52 PM

Mar 2008
My vote went to ef a tale of melodies. Good old ef goodness.
Oct 14, 2008 6:59 PM

Feb 2008
:| to be honest it's WAY too early to say..not gonna vote for the meantime, although knowing me I'll probably forget to vote at the end (gonna wait until the end, cause you never know when there'll be a last minute twist...).

I'll be watching 10 or 11 series this season (Toradora!, Clannad Afterstory, Akane-Iro, Tales of the Abyss, Nodame Paris Chapter, Junjo Romantica 2, Kyou no Go no Ni, Skip Beat!, ef-melo, VK Guilty, and maybe Index), and so far all of the ones I've seen seem good, except VK obviously, which is absolute crap as usual.

Right now I'd say Toradora! is my favourite, but I have high expectations for Clannad and ef-melo too. But honestly, this season is just amazing. I don't think I've ever been so interested in a season before (and it's the school season, which doesn't particularly help XD).
Shana is love.

Oct 14, 2008 11:41 PM

Jul 2008
Out of the ones I'm watching, my fav is Ga-Rei -Zero-

Oct 15, 2008 12:20 AM

Aug 2008
Voted for Clannad, and runner up would be ef, the others I wont even bother to watch until I can just download a bundle of the full season due to the fact I am really impatient and I can not stand waiting a week to watch another episode.

But Clannad and ef are the exceptions because they are just amazing ^_^
Oct 15, 2008 12:45 AM

Apr 2007
Kannagi gets my vote for the OP alone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2008 1:43 AM

Sep 2008
I have only seen Chäos;Head of all those so I must say that then :d
Oct 15, 2008 3:07 PM

Jul 2007
I agree with Shini-tan. It's WAY too early to say so.

Heck, I've only watched one or two eps out of all of these, no possible way to say which is my fav.
Oct 16, 2008 3:55 AM

Oct 2008
Casshern Sins, retro anime never looked better.
Oct 16, 2008 5:09 AM

Sep 2007
For me the current fav is Hyakko. Don't really know why, I just knew the very moment I began watching it, that I'll love it :)

Others I like: Clannad Afterstory, KemekoDX, Nodame, ChaosHead
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by juanlqr »»
1 minute ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

72 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

14 by iiKonata »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

118 by Teirayo »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.