Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Otome Game 'Amnesia' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 3, 2012 9:17 AM
Oct 2011
There are only a select few anime adaptations that are good reverse harem. Right now, the names escape me. Thanks a lot DEEN [cough cough cough].
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Sep 3, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2011
jmal said:
phoenixalia said:
ok, so I looked at the summaries and stuff and I wanna ask....how are they gonna animate this? Surely they're not gonna concentrate on one route alone? But how else would they do it?

Well, every multi-route visual novel adaptation has to answer that question to some degree. Unless the routes are all mutually exclusive (i.e. they're all completely separate stories in separate places with no character crossover save the protagonist) it'll probably go one of two ways most of them do: 1) follow the most popular route as the "main" route and incorporate stories for the other routes along the way or 2) make up something anime original, to a degree.

If there's some special quirk in the storytelling in this visual novel I suppose that could complicate things. Otherwise, business as usual.

In this case...

Sep 10, 2012 10:12 PM

Nov 2009
idioticpi said:
Vhess said:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Just had to say it.

Now excuse me..

I saw "Amnesia" in the title before "otome game" so that's what I thought they were adapting at first... lol

Me too...LMAO >w>

I am a gamer otaku, and I am PROUD~
Sep 15, 2012 4:27 AM
Mar 2012
hmm good I put this on my ptw list.
Sep 17, 2012 4:13 AM

Aug 2010
wow i can't believe it they are really making it an anime i'm so excited >.<....
can't wait for this hope they don't ruin it though....
Sep 19, 2012 7:26 PM

Dec 2007
I just found out that the animation studio is Brain's Base! Hooray its not Studio Deen!
Oct 22, 2012 2:34 AM
Oct 2012
OMGGGG!!! XDD
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!
SHIN SHIN SHIN! \(^0^)/
Oct 29, 2012 1:58 PM
Oct 2011
Yeah, I'm so happy :D!
Nov 5, 2012 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Adding it to PTW. Synopsis looks really interesting and cover art as well. The otome game throws me off though...CoughArcanaFamigliaCough....
Nov 5, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
Added to my PTW a week or so ago... Well atleast it's not by Deen... Better not turn out like Arcana Famiglia... That series had way too much wasted potential...
Nov 5, 2012 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
Vhess said:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Just had to say it.

Now excuse me..

I thought it was an anime for that...

Imagine my disappointment =(
Dec 27, 2012 12:58 PM
Dec 2012
The preview for the anime came out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcSY4zkQgY0

It seems to be leaning slightly towards Ikki, but there is no way to tell until the actual anime comes out. I hope it's Shin, or at least not Toma
Dec 27, 2012 2:31 PM

May 2007
I have always found the reactions to this kind of series to be very interesting and informative. When a series with this exact kind of setting is targeted toward males (as people in the Western fandom vulgarly call it, when a "harem" game gets adapted into anime) the topic gets full of replies like "This looks generic as hell", "only losers would watch this", "creativity and originality in anime is dead", "another generic harem show", etc. yet when the exact same premise is presented with the genders switched the topics discussing these kind of series are showered with compliments and in cases like this one, even with screaming fans celebrating its release, with virtually no backlash at all.

It would be very revealing if we created another topic with the very same plot description as this one, changing only the sex of the characters and the topic title (change "otome game" to "bishoujo game" or "harem game") and see if the topic still gets showered with the same compliments and enthusiasm...
Dec 28, 2012 9:52 AM
Dec 2012
NeoFireHawk said:
I have always found the reactions to this kind of series to be very interesting and informative. When a series with this exact kind of setting is targeted toward males (as people in the Western fandom vulgarly call it, when a "harem" game gets adapted into anime) the topic gets full of replies like "This looks generic as hell", "only losers would watch this", "creativity and originality in anime is dead", "another generic harem show", etc. yet when the exact same premise is presented with the genders switched the topics discussing these kind of series are showered with compliments and in cases like this one, even with screaming fans celebrating its release, with virtually no backlash at all.

It would be very revealing if we created another topic with the very same plot description as this one, changing only the sex of the characters and the topic title (change "otome game" to "bishoujo game" or "harem game") and see if the topic still gets showered with the same compliments and enthusiasm...

That's a good point, but the difference may lie in that there are 10 times as many harem shows as there are reverse harem shows. Reverse harems are still a pretty new thing, and so can be taken as a refreshing contrast to all of the harem antics we girls have to see in many other shows whether or not they broadcast it as a harem or just throw in a couple of girls fawning over the MC because he is the MC.

I'm sure that as more of these get done they will start to get a bad rep. Especially if they keep being down badly which has been the case so far.
Dec 28, 2012 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
no thanks.
another reverse harem. i know it's otome, but still there's the heroine 'girl'.
Dec 28, 2012 10:16 PM

May 2012
zoze said:
no thanks.
another reverse harem. i know it's otome, but still there's the heroine 'girl'.

What's wrong with the heroine 'girl'?
Dec 29, 2012 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting~
I can't wait..
XD
Dec 29, 2012 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
NeoFireHawk said:

Did you see the list of anime this winter? 90% of them harem or all-female cast. Of course, people (especially the girls) will be happy to have this since there are only 4 series which is are targeted towards women
Dec 29, 2012 5:15 PM

May 2010
Brains base wasting their talent on shoujo.... dissapointing
Jan 6, 2013 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
Cant wait for this; reverse harem it seems and bishiies!^^
Jan 6, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
Kazeshini said:
Brains base wasting their talent on shoujo.... dissapointing

I'd rather see more Shoujo, a crapton more than stuff like Kuroshitsuji, K and the likes <_<
Jan 6, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
Nrg. It doesn't sound like something I'd normally be really into, but Brain's Base, soooo...Yeah I'm going to watch this.^_^
Jan 7, 2013 1:44 AM
Jan 8, 2013 12:32 AM

Sep 2010
leokiko said:
Girls stuff. No thank you.

There's nothing wrong with girl stuff.
Jan 8, 2013 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
Oh this might be nice.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

35 by AshuAmbrose »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
11 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.