Forum Settings
Forums

Do you guys feel bad when you drop a series?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 11, 2013 6:47 AM

Dec 2012
I wouldn't necessarily say I feel bad, but rather that it's just a shame things didn't go well.
Jun 11, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2010
I'm rather relieved. I already felt bad just by watching shows I don't like.
Jun 11, 2013 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
Why should I? :p
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 11, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2012
No, I don't feel bad at all when I drop a series.

Granted, I've only truly dropped 1 show (by which I mean I have absolutely zero intention of trying to watch it again). Considering that I put a great amount of effort into finding shows I know I'll enjoy, this isn't really too relevant to me.

However, I do feel bad for other people who drop [what I feel are] good series after one or two episodes, like Gintama or Clannad since they don't start off all amazing-like or anything. Some people would probably enjoy more if they actually gave things a fair chance...

Jun 11, 2013 7:24 AM

Dec 2007
i cry evrytim ;_;
Jun 11, 2013 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
It depends on what my expectations were for the series.

For example, the last anime I dropped was Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! I didn't have the highest expectations for that series so it didn't bother me when I dropped it. However, when I dropped Brave 10, I was pissed. I was hoping for something really good out of it, but I just didn't like it. Didn't care for the pacing and the characters were as cardboard as they come. I was genuinely disappointed when I dropped that series.

Overall though, I don't drop a lot of anime and most of the stuff I have dropped in the past was just stuff I watched as a kid and wouldn't watch now (like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon). I can probably count on one hand the anime I've "dropped" the last 3-4 years. Then again, I like writing reviews when it's all said and done so even if an anime is bad, I'll stick with it so I can write a humorous review about it later.
Jun 11, 2013 9:46 AM

May 2013
I feel better.
Jun 11, 2013 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah a little bit. Granted, I dont truly drop any, i just come back at a later date, and try it again, just in case I wasn't in the mood last time I tried it.

Also, so many animes, don't catch my attention till after episode 6 or so, cause they are slow to get the backstory or whatever out there. But have been glad I stuck with some, and have turned out to be some of my favorites. For example, Steins;Gate. It took me forever to get into it. Finally around Episode 9, it got me hooked, and should finish it tonight, and so glad I kept giving it another try.

The one thats killing me right now, is EF - a tale of Melodies. Just finding it hard to get into it. EF - a tale of memories was slow also in the beginning, but ended up enjoying it a lot. So keep giving melodies a try.
Jun 11, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
Nope. I have better things to do than waste time on boring inaction.
Jun 11, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Eh, I've only dropped one show (few years ago), mainly because I got way more sucked into another series. I'll get back to it.. some day. And then I can say I've never dropped any shows. I usually do some lazy "research" on any show I might watch, to try and avoid starting anything that just doesn't fit my tastes at all.
Jun 11, 2013 12:48 PM
Mar 2013
When I drop a series, I'm glad I did so. I won't have to suffer at how horrible the series is, to later bang my head on the wall for hours.
Jun 11, 2013 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
AlexSadist-sama said:
No. It's dropped because it sucks and the anime should feel bad, not me.

Yup, the writers should be ashamed of themselves. I don't like starting something I can't finish, but there are times when I must
Jun 11, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
If I dislike it to the point that I consider dropping it, no, I wouldn't feel bad.
Jun 11, 2013 2:18 PM
Feb 2012
I guess only if it tries too hard to sell itself and I've dropped it no, but if I miss something out later, yeah, I got regrets.
Jun 11, 2013 2:20 PM

Aug 2012
I only feel bad when I decide to go back to it later. But I don't feel bad the moment I drop it.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 11, 2013 2:54 PM

Mar 2010
Who feels bad for dropping shit? It's a completely natural action in life.
Jun 11, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
If a show is shit, then good riddance, I say.

The only upsetting thing would be the time I wasted on it.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 11, 2013 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
Just a little.
Jun 11, 2013 4:28 PM

Feb 2012
No never.
Jun 11, 2013 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
No, but its pretty rare for me to drop an anime.. so when I do drop it, this shit probably sucks hard. If an anime is bad but bearable, I usually finish it or put it on hold.
Jun 11, 2013 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
I don't so much as feel bad, I just feel the need to finish the anime, no matter how bad it is, if I watched past the first episode. I. MUST. FINISH. IT.
I'm a Siren.
Jun 11, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2012
Why would you feel bad, it's the anime's fault.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jun 11, 2013 5:08 PM

Mar 2008
It's okay to feel bad when dropping a series - there are others who appreciate it. It's just not your cup of tea.

Most importantly, Spend time on watching the series that you really like. If possible, one that engages you
Jun 11, 2013 5:58 PM

May 2013
I usually only feel bad for the people who sat there and made it
Jun 11, 2013 6:00 PM
Jun 2013
Not really. I drop it because I get to bored with it....
"I don't do anything I don't have to, What I have to do I do quickly."
Jun 11, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
There's sooooo many anime out there; to the people who don't drop shit shows, doesn't it feel bad to waste time on something that you're clearly not enjoying?
Jun 16, 2013 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
It depends on the otaku.

Me, Yes.

Because I relay to much on downloading rather than streaming, so its harder for me to drop an anime.

but sometimes, there are anime that are really really worth dropping.

Ex. Amnesia

-__-"

hell with that anime. no offense to the fans of it.
Jun 16, 2013 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
lexsanjose said:
It depends on the otaku.

Shhh, that word is forbidden.
Jun 16, 2013 5:16 AM

Mar 2013
AlexSadist-sama said:
Jun 16, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2013
AlexSadist-sama said:

^, I dropped Sword Art Online like a hot potato. I don't care how many people rate it as a 10 anime, after 10 episodes i was tired of cliche 1 dimensional characters and the worse female characters i have ever seen. AND THIS IS BEFORE PEOPLE SAID IT STARTED TO GET BAD REALLY BAD.

I rarely drop anime series but i never feel bad when i do, the producers should feel bad for making something so horrid it felt like a chore even to finish it.
Jun 16, 2013 7:42 AM
Jun 2013
I don't feel bad when I drop an anime series because I'm uninterested in it anymore so yeah, I don't feel bad.
Jun 16, 2013 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
Feels kind of satisfying you know?

Like that feeling when you drop a turd in the bowl.

Jun 16, 2013 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
No, after all that's why I dropped it.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 16, 2013 8:47 AM

Dec 2012
No, I don't feel bad, because the show was either not entertaining me or just plain annoying, so obviously not watching it anymore was the correct decision.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 16, 2013 9:02 AM

Mar 2013
I feel bad... for having wasted my time on a series I don't like.
Jun 16, 2013 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
Yes, especially after I've given the show a fair chance to impress me.
Jun 16, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
I think I would feel bad for watching the show in the first place.
Jun 16, 2013 1:28 PM
Feb 2013
Yes, I feel bad.
Why I should judge an anime before ending it?
I planned to watch it...this means that it couldn't be a total crap.
Jun 16, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm..... let's say you went to a restaurant and you picked a dish you've never tried before. It tasted horrible. Will you feel good that you wasted your money on something you didn't like? Of course you won't. This is the same. I pick an anime which intrigues me and it happens to be "horrible", so I drop it. Will I feel bad for doing so? If I did, I'd be a retard.
Jun 16, 2013 1:40 PM
Feb 2013
Well, since the dish is filled by the same food you will dislike it entirely not only a part of it...
This is not the same...You couldn't know what will happen in those episodes that you avoided to watch...
Jun 16, 2013 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
Hmm..... let's say you went to a restaurant and you picked a dish you've never tried before. It tasted horrible. Will you feel good that you wasted your money on something you didn't like? Of course you won't. This is the same. I pick an anime which intrigues me and it happens to be "horrible", so I drop it. Will I feel bad for doing so? If I did, I'd be a retard.
Yes but then you're leaving the food on the table. It's going to be sitting there maybe getting something on your elbow while you reach for something else, and hey it might grow on you. Anyways if you eat it, you won't be wasting food. Afterall the food isn't rotten, it's just not your taste.
Jun 16, 2013 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
edd2d said:
Well, since the dish is filled by the same food you will dislike it entirely not only a part of it...
This is not the same...You couldn't know what will happen in those episodes that you avoided to watch...

Why should I feel bad? The anime failed to do what it was supposed to do: entertain me. Thus, why it got dropped. Why should I feel bad because the anime couldn't get it's job done?

IntroverTurtle said:
Yes but then you're leaving the food on the table. It's going to be sitting there maybe getting something on your elbow while you reach for something else, and hey it might grow on you. Anyways if you eat it, you won't be wasting food. Afterall the food isn't rotten, it's just not your taste.

Never said anything about wasting food, my friend. Simply asked if you'll enjoy wasting your money on something you disliked so much.
Jun 16, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

Then give it to someone else, as you can just recommend it for people that might suit the taste.

Jun 16, 2013 2:34 PM
Feb 2013
yhunata said:

Why should I feel bad? The anime failed to do what it was supposed to do: entertain me. Thus, why it got dropped. Why should I feel bad because the anime couldn't get it's job done?

You have just supposed that it couldn't get it's job done, since you dropped it without even ending it.
I agree with you that it could stay horrible from the start till the end(AkiSora) but this is not an excuse for classify an anime as crap prematurely.
I've seen tons of users who dropped series like clannad, bleach, lucky star, sao, guilty crown only after few episodes...and if you ask them why, they just tell you that it is boring, idiot or crap.
Jun 16, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2011
edd2d said:
yhunata said:

You have just supposed that it couldn't get it's job done, since you dropped it without even ending it.
I agree with you that it could stay horrible from the start till the end(AkiSora) but this is not an excuse for classify an anime as crap prematurely.
I've seen tons of users who dropped series like clannad, bleach, lucky star, sao, guilty crown only after few episodes...and if you ask them why, they just tell you that it is boring, idiot or crap.

When did I say any of those anime were crap (aside from Fairy Tail)? Here's the thing: I watch anime because I want to be entertained. I don't watch it because I have a lot of time on my hands (I don't, in fact). If an anime fails to do that, why should I keep watching it? Isn't the point of watching an anime to be entertained? Sure, it could get better later on. But there are loads of anime out there, I don't see why dropping one would mean I'm losing anything.
Jun 16, 2013 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
As much as possible I don't drop anime titles. Even though some are really boring form the start (like Hitman Reborn! and Pandora Hearts) I like to justify if an anime is really worth watching by completing it. If I don't, then I won't re-watch it again. I consider re-watch value in an anime. Also dropping an anime will eventually lead you to questions about the anime, leading you to regrets.

Jun 16, 2013 3:15 PM
Feb 2013
yhunata said:
When did I say any of those anime were crap (aside from Fairy Tail)?

You criticized them instead...

yhunata said:
I don't see why dropping one would mean I'm losing anything

Since you started it...try to end it...
You maybe won't lose anything but dropping an anime in some random episode with a random opinion is not that good, imo.

yhunata said:
I watch anime because I want to be entertained. I don't watch it because I have a lot of time on my hands (I don't, in fact). If an anime fails to do that, why should I keep watching it? Isn't the point of watching an anime to be entertained? Sure, it could get better later on. But there are loads of anime out there

I agree with you...
I just can't stand those guys who drop an anime leaving some random insult to it after just few episodes of watching...
CheatrealJun 16, 2013 3:24 PM
Jun 16, 2013 3:17 PM

Feb 2010
No because when I drop a series I tend to already hate it a lot because otherwise I would still give it a chance or put it On-old instead.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 18, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2012
not really.. if you seeing my animelist.. I just drop 1 anime.. and I dont really like that anime and.. yeah you know~
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 38 minutes ago

7 by nishant0 »»
51 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

33 by palm-tree »»
3 minutes ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 14 minutes ago

0 by Angelblue1852 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 9 hours ago

19 by Archean-Return »»
14 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

33 by FanofAction »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.