Aug 5, 2012 2:24 PM

Jun 2011
Gamecube, although i can't vote that since it's not an option :@
Aug 5, 2012 2:42 PM
Mar 2011
SergioSource said:
Narmy said:
Leon-Gun said:
How the eff is PC to blame for killing "gaming" when most cheap games ARE ON PC !!! Steam service anyone?

I think he's saying that because PC games had patches first, it's the PC's fault that modern console games are released buggy or with missing content, because they can fix it later.

Which doesn't make any logical sense, but there you have it.

So he's saying the pc is at fault for flaws with the overpriced, underpowered console gaming.
All of my laughs.

you say console are over priced thats a joke hw much is a top of the line gaming pc 5 tines that of a console or at lest mine was the laptop i use here is my top of the rage kit i use to game on cost 150k yen while the most expensive console to ever brought for myself or got brought for me was the playdia iny local store of the time 92k yen and most consloe have more bacakwads compatabilty tahn pC [ doot give me excuseslike use emus ]
pl
just 3 days ago i tried to play ES ii on my laptop and it does not run

were the backwards complaibity [ yes i ran it compabity mode but it still did not run

Over priceed not backwards compaable were two complains the ps3 got

1 for 1 got my ps3 cheaper than my Gamein PC \and with proper decent backwards compatbilty for once i gett them all [ over 5000 ps 1 ans ps 2 games]

side note i dot use emu orinadlo hard wre only fore me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 5, 2012 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
N64.
Aug 5, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
Siion said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Siion said:
I'm just going to say one of the latest gen ones. Console fights are a bit boring and since it docent say best games then i would go with the best refined console, the one that has the most features and is up to date would kinda obviously be the best. So my answer is ether PS3 or Xbox 360 (Pick the one you like in your head)

If the PC counted as a games console though and some people say yes and some say no i would vote that, even though i am not a PC gamer its got the most games and you could practically play for an infinite amount of time on games without having to pay for it let alone the ones you do pay for. So many Free to play games and so many random other games for free etc.

if i go to TGS and they talk about PC in the samle way thay talk of console s then id could count its as a conlsoe but then no

i think pC gaes are to bllame for alot of devlopers now makaing and releseing imcoamped or broken games for consoles ie thhe now huge over relince on DLC on Consoles [ peolpe call me an elestist but PC gamers are more that way thn any othe gamer [ if theres somthing wrong with a game[ ie Glichses] that i Just spent 3500-6000 yen on i dont want to here form an Ubermencher Just Downlload a Patch or fix the code you self [ no i ont to that i Just spent alot on this i want to [play it now

That's not what this is about though, you said what's the best console not the most popular. logically the one that has the best output and the most games would be it right? An argument for anything else would most likely be out of nostalgia. That would be "what is your FAVORITE console" =P

Also no ones to blame but the people themselves, i wouldn't blame a knife for me stabbing someone, i would blame me. The state of games is the fault of the game makers not the game system.

Kinda yes Kind of no DLC has killed Phyicals Console gaming in some way epole hate Capcom for the over relice on DLC but PC was and for ever will be to Blame for Starting that trend
that true
as i say my fave system ever is the PC Engine/ CD/ Arcade CD

but looking it withing the critira i set the best is the super famcom[ look at it as a nutral

I like console gaming, i feel its the best its been in years =) Overall with Steam and indie games and the new consoles, i think gaming has been better then it ever has, its a good time to be a gamer.

The one thing i have always learned about life though, someone will always find something to hate on. Its the natural progression of the internet, happiness is looked down upon with a frown =P
Aug 5, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
SEGA Megadrive baby awww yeah <3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Aug 5, 2012 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:
SergioSource said:
Narmy said:
Leon-Gun said:
How the eff is PC to blame for killing "gaming" when most cheap games ARE ON PC !!! Steam service anyone?

I think he's saying that because PC games had patches first, it's the PC's fault that modern console games are released buggy or with missing content, because they can fix it later.

So he's saying the pc is at fault for flaws with the overpriced, underpowered console gaming.
All of my laughs.

you say console are over priced thats a joke

My gaming pc cost 600 and it runs any game out there. It's more powerful than, lets say, the PS3. Considering all games for pc are cheaper, and there are way more discounts and promotions, I already saved much more than with the ps3. It costed only 100 more than the ps3 at launch, subtract 20 from every single big game you buy, and in no time you have your money's worth.

And I never said consoles are overpriced, I said console GAMING is overpriced. Because it is.

And ffs learn to type
Aug 5, 2012 7:41 PM

Apr 2010
N64 god tier.
Aug 5, 2012 7:52 PM

Apr 2008
The PS2...over half of my gaming collection consists PS2 games and most of my favorite games are on that counsel.
Aug 5, 2012 7:58 PM
May 2010
Why do you need backwards compatibility on a PC? They only make PC games for it. What is there to go backwards on? Most of the games people still play from the last 15 years have been fixed to work with each new version of Windows (Starcraft, Warcraft, all the stuff on Gog.com). What are you talking about sir?
Aug 5, 2012 7:59 PM
Mar 2011
SergioSource said:
Enjolras1830 said:
SergioSource said:
Narmy said:
Leon-Gun said:

All of my laughs.

you say console are over priced thats a joke

My gaming pc cost 600 and it runs any game out there. It's more powerful than, lets say, the PS3. Considering all games for pc are cheaper, and there are way more discounts and promotions, I already saved much more than with the ps3. It costed only 100 more than the ps3 at launch, subtract 20 from every single big game you buy, and in no time you have your money's worth.

And I never said consoles are overpriced, I said console GAMING is overpriced. Because it is.

And ffs learn to type

Just to say i do game on PC and i quote the price i payed for my Gaming Laptop

and if i go to my local store id pay less for the the P2 remake than i would for say Skyrim on PC by far id say around 15-30% less nowadys i admit when its console it s had held for me [ or my older systems

for reason of price
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 5, 2012 8:03 PM
May 2010
Are you comparing the price of a PS1 game to a AAA current gen game that's still incredibly popular? ...
Aug 5, 2012 8:03 PM
Mar 2011
Ambalamps said:
Why do you need backwards compatibility on a PC? They only make PC games for it. What is there to go backwards on? Most of the games people still play from the last 15 years have been fixed to work with each new version of Windows (Starcraft, Warcraft, all the stuff on Gog.com). What are you talking about sir?

The Best PC RPGS are Daggerfall and Ulitma 3-6
on my modern top range Laptop the message i got was for Ulitma games any way was this game will not run since you computer is iin a protected state

Aug 5, 2012 8:06 PM
May 2010
Enjolras1830 said:
Ambalamps said:

on my modern top range Laptop the message i got was for Ulitma games any way was this game will not run since you computer is iin a protected state

Says who? Those are in your opinion the best games, that doesn't mean the PC lacks old rpgs that are compatible. Those are just games that you can't run. There are many PC RPGs from the last 10-15 years worth playing and most of them run just fine.
Aug 5, 2012 8:13 PM
Mar 2011
Ambalamps said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Ambalamps said:

Says who? Those are in your opinion the best games, that doesn't mean the PC lacks old rpgs that are compatible. Those are just games that you can't run. There are many PC RPGs from the last 10-15 years worth playing and most of them run just fine.

talk about seclive reading

i know i alot of people who say U4 is the best rpg of all time [ im not one of them] i say one of the best

side note i like to play solid copies of games so all this Steam or Dowloding games i dont like

so telling me a website were i can dl older games just draws ire from me

Aug 5, 2012 8:17 PM

Jun 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
Ambalamps said:

Those all run on a modern PC.
Aug 5, 2012 8:18 PM
May 2010

talk about seclive reading i know i alot of people who say U4 is the best rpg of all time [ im not one of them] i say one of the best

What?

side note i like to play solid copies of games so all this Steam or Dowloding games i dont like so telling me a website were i can dl older games just draws ire from me

If your options are use steam/gog to buy a working copy of an older game or pay a lot more for a physical copy that probably won't work, well that's your choice. But that's hardly a good reason to knock the PC as a console "without backwards compatibility".
Aug 5, 2012 8:20 PM
Mar 2011
tell me how to stop getting this message
will not run since you computer is iin a protected state thats the message i get when i try and play them

Aug 5, 2012 8:29 PM
Mar 2011
im one of the ones who say Daggerfall will never be bypassed [ games like es exploring is one of the funest thigs for me nad ES maps have gotten smaller as the games game become newer]

Ambalamps said:

talk about seclive reading i know i alot of people who say U4 is the best rpg of all time [ im not one of them] i say one of the best

What?

side note i like to play solid copies of games so all this Steam or Dowloding games i dont like so telling me a website were i can dl older games just draws ire from me

If your options are use steam/gog to buy a working copy of an older game or pay a lot more for a physical copy that probably won't work, well that's your choice. But that's hardly a good reason to knock the PC as a console "without backwards compatibility".

you Lack collectors mentality if consoles go fully digital il hate them to not saying PC are fully Digital yet .

but if you have to realy to dl to get good old games when will it be new games turn to do that it set a dengoues percetent

Aug 5, 2012 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:

That's one of the reasons most people are afraid to go into pc gaming, because they think it will be very expensive. It is not. Most of the times you're paying for brands and not content. Either get a really good reccomendation from fellow pc gamers or build your own pc. A good example is alienware, while powerful, it's very overpriced.
Aug 5, 2012 8:34 PM

Mar 2012
Am I blind, or does the poll not have the only real option? Ie. GameCube.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 5, 2012 8:43 PM
May 2010
Post-Josh said:

It's far from the only "real" option but it certainly should be there.
you Lack collectors mentality if consoles go fully digital il hate them to not saying PC are fully Digital yet . but if you have to realy to dl to get good old games when will it be new games turn to do that it set a dengoues percetent

Hardly. I play on consoles too and I have physical copies of those. Hell I still have my SNES, Gameboy Advance and Micro and all my games in good condition. I see no real reason to have physical copies of steam games when most of them aren't even major games or in some cases I already have console copies (L4D, L4D2, Borderlands, Portal).

And millions of people already only download new games. I don't see how that's a dangerous precedent.
Aug 5, 2012 8:51 PM

Jun 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
will not run since you computer is iin a protected state thats the message i get when i try and play them

You use DOSBox.
Aug 5, 2012 8:54 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:

You use DOSBox.

no i run natively no emulation for me

Aug 5, 2012 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
Ambalamps said:
Post-Josh said:

I know, I'm just shamelessly bias. That gen was the high point of all of Nintendo's big series for me, which I understand is generally very disagreeable.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 5, 2012 9:15 PM
Mar 2011
Post-Josh said:
Ambalamps said:
Post-Josh said:

I know, I'm just shamelessly bias. That gen was the high point of all of Nintendo's big series for me, which I understand is generally very disagreeable.

The Game cube was the weakest nintendo console no FF no DQ no Mega ten no good Capcom Games its only first party and Hal witch were any good

Aug 5, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:

You use DOSBox.

What do you think the backwards compatibility in the PS3 is?
Aug 5, 2012 9:27 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:

You use DOSBox.

Bring able to run my 200 srong libery of ps1 games [ pHyicals disc not roms] with out adntol sofware i put my cpoy of FF Chrono trigger in there it runs fine

Aug 5, 2012 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:

You use DOSBox.

Bring able to run my 200 srong libery of ps1 games [ pHyicals disc not roms] with out adntol sofware i put my cpoy of FF Chrono trigger in there it runs fine

Why do you think some versions of PS3 run ps2 games and others don't. It's because those don't have the emulator installed in the system. They removed it so they could cash in some more with "HD remakes". You're just lazy. Seriously all you need to do is download the bloody DosBox, drag the executable in and VOILA! it works.
Aug 5, 2012 9:40 PM

Jun 2011
Enjolras1830 said:

Sorry to break it to you, but the PS2 and the PS3 both emulate the PS1 hardware. Same as DOSBox.
Aug 5, 2012 9:46 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Enjolras1830 said:

Sorry to break it to you, but the PS2 and the PS3 both emulate the PS1 hardware. Same as DOSBox.

iv opened but both PS2 and 1 before and to repalce parts and what not and very few pparts in sede are the same

ifne have it your way were can i DL Utima IV Ina japanese plz an iltry and run it via dos box

Aug 5, 2012 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:

iv opened but both PS2 and 1 before and to repalce parts and what not and very few pparts in sede are the same

Two pcs with completely different parts can run the same OS, for example.
Aug 5, 2012 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
So there is no N64 choice?
Aug 5, 2012 10:25 PM
Mar 2011
Yawmus said:
So there is no N64 choice?

that i have explained

Aug 6, 2012 12:27 AM

Dec 2007
Honestly your reason for there being no 64 makes absolutely no sense what so ever. You didn't include it because you decided that a handheld system that came out roughly 7 years after a console was an equal substitute? Seriously if you're going to make a thread about greatest console ever, that's cool and could be fun and lead to good debate. But because of your completely arbitrary and well, just plain stupid (again why no microsoft console?), qualifications for a system being on here the discussion has become just how bad this thread is instead of best console ever.
Aug 6, 2012 12:36 AM
Mar 2011
vault-dweller said:
Honestly your reason for there being no 64 makes absolutely no sense what so ever. You didn't include it because you decided that a handheld system that came out roughly 7 years after a console was an equal substitute? Seriously if you're going to make a thread about greatest console ever, that's cool and could be fun and lead to good debate. But because of your completely arbitrary and well, just plain stupid (again why no microsoft console?), qualifications for a system being on here the discussion has become just how bad this thread is instead of best console ever.

Irony as they say is killer
the 64 Happen to also Happens to be my 2nd Fave of all time

My top three of all time being
pce
n64
Super Famicom

were any of the console listed a full Failure any were that thay were sold

Aug 6, 2012 12:51 AM

Dec 2007
I fail to see how there is irony in you leaving out of your own poll, that you made and could of fixed however you wanted, your personal second favorite console. That's more baffling or dumb than ironic since you did it to yourself and absolutely didn't have to.

Also I would still love to hear more of an actual, real, legetimiate reason for leaving off the N64. A console that would in all likelihood be in the top 3 with a very real chance of being picked number 1. And no saying that a HANDHELD that came out 7 YEARS after a CONSOLE that had some ports, but more so remakes, of that consoles games on it does not count as a reason to leave it off.

Oh and 3rd time now. Why no Microsoft?
Aug 6, 2012 12:56 AM
Mar 2011
vault-dweller said:
I fail to see how there is irony in you leaving out of your own poll, that you made and could of fixed however you wanted, your personal second favorite console. That's more baffling or dumb than ironic since you did it to yourself and absolutely didn't have to.

Also I would still love to hear more of an actual, real, legetimiate reason for leaving off the N64. A console that would in all likelihood be in the top 3 with a very real chance of being picked number 1. And no saying that a HANDHELD that came out 7 YEARS after a CONSOLE that had some ports, but more so remakes, of that consoles games on it does not count as a reason to leave it off.

Oh and 3rd time now. Why no Microsoft?

hence why i asked you thos
were any of the console listed a full Failure any were that thay were sold

around my part of the world xbox and 360 almost total failure

side note if one more person called this poll sony biased ill be anoyyed

i ahve much more of a Love for Nintendo than sony will ever get from me

DateYutakaAug 6, 2012 1:03 AM

Aug 6, 2012 1:06 AM

Dec 2007
I should apologize b/c I don't want to be rude, but your English was a bit hard to follow. So you were saying that Microsoft consoles failed in Japan so you left them off. Than you asked me if any of the other systems failed? Saying that they were all a success so they can stay? Well what about the Dreamcast and Saturn? I mean... you could probably bring up the word fail when discussing them. Also you limited it to failing in Japan so if failing in only one regions counts, than you might certainly have to take those off following your rules. Also the PSP, haha, I joke... kind of.

And again one more time I want to ask for an actual, real, legetimiate reason for leaving off the N64?
Aug 6, 2012 1:29 AM
Mar 2011
vault-dweller said:
I should apologize b/c I don't want to be rude, but your English was a bit hard to follow. So you were saying that Microsoft consoles failed in Japan so you left them off. Than you asked me if any of the other systems failed? Saying that they were all a success so they can stay? Well what about the Dreamcast and Saturn? I mean... you could probably bring up the word fail when discussing them. Also you limited it to failing in Japan so if failing in only one regions counts, than you might certainly have to take those off following your rules. Also the PSP, haha, I joke... kind of.

And again one more time I want to ask for an actual, real, legetimiate reason for leaving off the N64?

In Japan the Saturn ahd a very long life in the us it had 6 years
Dreamcast life span got it in

hown may nintendo units o are on the poll if i also had the 64 it would have been a very nintendo baised poll you think 7/15 are nintendo systems

How long was the life span of the x Box Six years max and the 360 has will have under 6 adn even less than that here very few stores still sell the 360

SOA never dropped the saturn until sega stopped hardware proction [ what i mean by that is you could have have a saturn brake down and they would have fixed it till 02/03 and Sega of Japan were stil coverring warryites on Saturns till the dreamcast died in 05 [when the last sega 1st party game was made

But see once the 720 comes out fully digital was it will be [ as i hear] they will not cover the 360 any more withn in a year

Japan hangs on to older systems longer than the US but not as long as some other places [ the last sg1000 mark 1 game was oficaal rlese was 2002 in brazil giving that a life span of 20 years theres another o should have put in but he Mark one was Faliure every is was marketed minus Latin America

only the Neo geo had a longer life depending on hoe the neo geo is counted cuse on pure hard were basis the hardwere lasted from 85 in arcades and form 92 at hoime till SNK went under [ or meagerd with playmore ]
------
sorry for the rant but the note is if ut was top 20 poll not top 15 both 64 and the SG mk 1 would be in

futher side note i culd say the neo geo is still alive cause SNK Playmore are making a hand held version tanh runs the the same hardwere are the Slitgy upgraded home version of there neo geo system if it comes out that wil make the geo the logest lived system ever [ and its no poor 3rd paty clone either]
DateYutakaAug 6, 2012 1:40 AM

Aug 6, 2012 4:12 AM
Dec 2007
Again, shouldn't you rename this "Best Consoles in Japan during the past 15 years"? that's what you're basically implying. Microsoft systems have been going strong in every region other than Japan. Your reasons are schewing every other region and only taking into account one region. Japan is actually one market out of several... and Microsoft has done rather well without it in the long run. Enough for the PS3 to be considered second fiddle even though it actually does better than Xbox in Japan.

Aug 6, 2012 4:59 AM
Mar 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Again, shouldn't you rename this "Best Consoles in Japan during the past 15 years"? that's what you're basically implying. Microsoft systems have been going strong in every region other than Japan. Your reasons are schewing every other region and only taking into account one region. Japan is actually one market out of several... and Microsoft has done rather well without it in the long run. Enough for the PS3 to be considered second fiddle even though it actually does better than Xbox in Japan.

but the will still has out sold every thing baring the ds so im not allowed to have a small slant to my home market

ps3 has also sold poor in japan if you compare it to the ps2 i aslo did it my life span 5 yerasung consider the CG had 7 years i ltis Life spans in the first post for any conlse to get in it ndded a span of 7 or more years teh PS3 will have that and teh PSP has if not it 100% will why you ask cuase the Vita was a Flop almost every were let me ask yu this[ were are all the Big Rpg being made in the nxt year - 2 1/2 being put if not on the 3ds [ were most 3rd parties are going]

you foucsed on your home market to it seems the act the PS3 has full 108o- p while the 360 hardly ever did 1080i i know this i own a 360 and tayed the Best game on the sysm Lost Odyssey in 1080 and it look more than bad while Played Ico hd in 1080 and it Looked flawless

if Mircosoft new how to market in aisa [ not only Japan] the name of the Xbox alone would have been enough to fail ir X = to fail or tp be negative

plz note
were most pf the top selling games Franchises of all time come from

1 Super mario brother [ nintendo]
2 Final Fantasy [ fiirst came out on Famicom]
3 Biohazard First came out on a sony console]
GTA { See above ]

sorry there would not be such a big console market for Microsoft to get in to with out Japanese gamers and Nintendo [ and since arcade died in the US ]
i the mian resons i seperatering US from other western markets is cuase the other markerts never crashed and the EU had 2 of the three sg1000 models and had proper linage with sega consoles cause of this

so the reason2 i favor japanese market numbers i
1 there simoly would not be a console market if not for nintendo [ a Japanese Game maker]
2 itsmy home market [ so i get all the news from it easrer ]

Aug 6, 2012 4:59 AM

May 2009
Tie between the Xbox and Gamecube.

Because I had those 2 consoles as a early teenager.
Aug 6, 2012 5:35 AM

Nov 2009
I'm old school with my consoles. The Mega Drive will always have a place in my heart as my favourite console of all time.

Generation after that, has to go to the GameCube. Best games and best multiplayer of that generation.

Not thrilled with this generation though, all the consoles suck that are "current".

Edit: I don't really care for Microsoft consoles but is there any reason why there is no Xbox/360 on the poll? In a worldwide forum, I would have thought that consoles that sold all over the world would have been considered.

But then, I guess it's Enjol and his little Japanese bubble again...if it doesnt do well there, it doesnt exist...

Go back to 2ch Enjol lol. Seriously bro!
RiptosAug 6, 2012 5:39 AM
Aug 6, 2012 5:38 AM

Dec 2007
Ok, so the obvious problem is it's your poll so you made the rules for it. However your rules either make no sense, are bias or just completely arbitrary.

Makes no sense - Nintendo having 7 out of 15 consoles... well yeah, it's Nintendo! Of course they are going to have a ton of consoles on the list. But instead you have some random rule that, 7 is too many so you randomly decide to take out the console that would probably be first or second in the voting. And the reason the 64 was taking out, as I've already explained it just plain stupid. Just to tell you, this makes no sense.

Bias - The 360 hasn't done well in Japan, but it has been a huge success in America. It's the longest generation a console has ever lasted, going on 7 years now. While the Saturn and Dreamcast were pretty much failures outside of Japan, yet you count them. This is some crazy bias here. You can't leave out the 360 because if failed in Japan, but leave the Saturn and Dreamcast despite them failing outside of Japan. Failing in a major market (America being the biggest market so that should probably count) shouldn't cut any system, Saturn, Dreamcast or 360 out. Yet you decided that the 360 failing in Japan was worth cutting it and while those other consoles failures were ignored. You asked me to point out a failure, I did. This is crazy bias.

Arbitrary - You are using future speculation as a reason to keep the 360 out saying that in the future it won't sell and everyone will stop making anything for it. Let me remind you that YOUR poll is the Best Console of PAST 15 YEARS so you're contradicting yourself on this point completely. Deciding the best console is totally subjective anyway, but as least we can look back at some clear factors (quality of the game library, innovation, influence and too a lesser extent popularity and just fan bases). However you're also trying to throw in some absurd assertion about what the future might be like to leave it out. Totally arbitrary reasons.

Biggest reason is why does any of this matter. Bottom line, you made a poll about the best console, left off 3 major consoles for stupid reasons and there's no excuse other than it's your poll and you came up with bad rules for it. So despite this not mattering I'm actually kinda hoping you change it so this could maybe become a thread that isn't awful do to your awful selection.
Aug 6, 2012 5:38 AM

Sep 2007
PS2 FTW~

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Aug 6, 2012 10:29 AM
Mar 2011
vault-dweller said:
Ok, so the obvious problem is it's your poll so you made the rules for it. However your rules either make no sense, are bias or just completely arbitrary.

Makes no sense - Nintendo having 7 out of 15 consoles... well yeah, it's Nintendo! Of course they are going to have a ton of consoles on the list. But instead you have some random rule that, 7 is too many so you randomly decide to take out the console that would probably be first or second in the voting. And the reason the 64 was taking out, as I've already explained it just plain stupid. Just to tell you, this makes no sense.

Bias - The 360 hasn't done well in Japan, but it has been a huge success in America. It's the longest generation a console has ever lasted, going on 7 years now. While the Saturn and Dreamcast were pretty much failures outside of Japan, yet you count them. This is some crazy bias here. You can't leave out the 360 because if failed in Japan, but leave the Saturn and Dreamcast despite them failing outside of Japan. Failing in a major market (America being the biggest market so that should probably count) shouldn't cut any system, Saturn, Dreamcast or 360 out. Yet you decided that the 360 failing in Japan was worth cutting it and while those other consoles failures were ignored. You asked me to point out a failure, I did. This is crazy bias.

Arbitrary - You are using future speculation as a reason to keep the 360 out saying that in the future it won't sell and everyone will stop making anything for it. Let me remind you that YOUR poll is the Best Console of PAST 15 YEARS so you're contradicting yourself on this point completely. Deciding the best console is totally subjective anyway, but as least we can look back at some clear factors (quality of the game library, innovation, influence and too a lesser extent popularity and just fan bases). However you're also trying to throw in some absurd assertion about what the future might be like to leave it out. Totally arbitrary reasons.

Biggest reason is why does any of this matter. Bottom line, you made a poll about the best console, left off 3 major consoles for stupid reasons and there's no excuse other than it's your poll and you came up with bad rules for it. So despite this not mattering I'm actually kinda hoping you change it so this could maybe become a thread that isn't awful do to your awful selection.

waht did teh Xbox do what the PS2 did not before you say online play The Super Famicom had that [ Ina japan any way] wit he satalaview [ then alo the dreamcast had it 2 oh its a dvd player um the nuon and the ps2 both released world wide and and bfire the xbox [ yes i know the nuon fail all cirtira frim my poll thats why its not listed buy my poinyt still stands

Except the fact the only reason any of you are in to console at all are cause of either PlayStation or Nintendo [ both Japanese made consloes

if you add up all consloe sales of US made consloes vs us made ones what have sold more

the 360 has sold worldwide about 30 millon
the super famicom sold 25 Mliion
the GB/CBC 42 Million [ nintendo counts sales iof these as one]
the the PS2 sold 140 million [ biggest selling of all time ]
the DS line 118 Million that was as of pre 3ds [ wich sold 318,000 within the first 6 hours in japan [ and the 3ds will push sales of the line of the PS2 with ease

more will know Characters hav had bas from Nintendo or sony [ ii love microsoft to do one of them all star fighting games like SSB oe Sony all stars] and see how little of a 1st/second pary pool they have let alone they have the worse 3rd party pool ever

they lack the Loving froendly face and colufly vibrancy that Ninti or sony has what game "sold" the playstation FFVII that is one of the biggest selling games of all time worldwide what game sold th Xbox Halo [ and the most hateful fanbases in gaming was born] sorry you cannot say most Us amde Xbox Games re nice to look that Brown and gray while PS2 had FF10 [ have a strong dislike for the game] but it had a nice look tha most Xbox games Okami is one of the singles most Butefull games ever made the come Ico and SOC [ thay are art more than tahy are the biggest aguement that Video games are turly a modern art form ]

OH even western 2nd party makers are going back to nintendo Rare any one thay were best when under Nintendo Plz MS Fanboys dont say different there views then theres views witch are so wrong that its beyond the joke look at what there out pout when 2nd party ofr nintendo vs as as a 2 mS 2nd party when did they have better output

i jjust look at the fact infront of my eyes and you see whay MS Cosoles should not be any ware near this poll

Aug 6, 2012 12:16 PM
Dec 2007
^You just destroyed all your credibility. Keep your biased opinions then.

Aug 6, 2012 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
Enjolras1830 said:
The Game cube was the weakest nintendo console no FF no DQ no Mega ten no good Capcom Games its only first party and Hal witch were any good

It had FF Crystal Chronicles, which was incredible imo. Gernerally though I don't care what it didn't have, because Melee, Sunshine, Windwaker, Starfox, Twilight Princess, Billy Hatcher, Tales of Symphonia, Animal Crossing, Double Dash, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion, among other exclusives, made it the greatest for me (especially those first three, the best of each of their respective series).
LoneWolf said:
Aug 6, 2012 9:04 PM

Jun 2011
Leon-Gun said:
^You just destroyed all your credibility. Keep your biased opinions then.

He still had credibility?
Aug 6, 2012 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
I think it's amusing that after I called him out so many times on just being wrong or stupid he couldn't hold back all the crap he was making up anymore he finally snapped like Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men" "Enjolras1830 ORDERED THE CODE RED!!!!"

Can this thread get locked now since we have a good discussion thread? Oh and where, what a surprise, Nintendo 64 is second is voting right now. Well goodbye to this thread.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games?

Dumb - Feb 11

49 by loligoth666 »»
55 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3508 by loligoth666 »»
57 minutes ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - 4 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

» favorite pokemon ( 1 2 )

Fang_Tooth - Jan 21, 2023

57 by Ex-Aid »»
4 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.