Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2012 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Confessions running loose this episode~

Iori Nagase...clever but yet a girl with emotions as she fears her life may come to an end.

Again, great episode and Kokoro Connect delivers once again a Saturday of drama. Also, that ending..it looks like Inaba found out what happened when Iori was in her body ;).
Stark700Aug 4, 2012 9:49 AM
Aug 4, 2012 9:17 AM

May 2009
bastek66Aug 4, 2012 10:33 AM
Aug 4, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Heartseed was trolling. It remains to be seen if he is really helping them out or just playing with them for his own amusement. After this episode it appears he might be trying to help out the in the relationships between the five characters.
Aug 4, 2012 9:34 AM
Oct 2010
what a dick. heavy ep. on the verge of crying throughout it all. creepy laugh at the end FTW
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 4, 2012 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
Heartseed is conducting one hell of a social/psychological experiment. Sure had me fooled for a little while there.

I wonder if Taichi was being totally honest in his confession. In any case, it's going to be an interesting dynamic between the girls and him after this.

Inaba's smile. WIN.
Aug 4, 2012 9:35 AM
Sep 2011
Whew, and here I was thinking that Iori was actually going to die. It seems pretty obvious now that I look back on it, though.

I wonder what the next arc is going to be! I wasn't sure how they were going to have an entire show based around body swapping, but 5 episodes is perfectly reasonable.

I hope that Inaba ending off each episode with a smirk becomes a running theme. Can't wait for the next one!

Edit: Just realized that Heartseed actually killed two birds with one stone -- Taichi finally didn't take the fall for someone. He could've easily said, right before the time limit went up, "I want to switch with Iori", but he didn't. Progress!
KasaiAisuAug 4, 2012 9:46 AM
Aug 4, 2012 9:46 AM

Jan 2012
Was anyone else screaming at the start of the episode?
Because, I threw my phone across the room.
playmakerjizAug 4, 2012 9:50 AM
Meanwhile, in the magical world of anime.

Aug 4, 2012 9:48 AM
Aug 2010
This episode. 5/5.

I think Hito Random (the first LN) ends here. "No more body switching"... if not, I dunno.

Just a guess, I haven't read the LNs.
Aug 4, 2012 9:51 AM

Jan 2012
Omfg......This episode had me on the edge of my seat after Iori was more or less thrown off the bridge......Also this episode went down A LOT different than i expected last week from the preview....
Aug 4, 2012 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
dang.. where did all that come from?
Aug 4, 2012 9:52 AM

Apr 2012
lmao'ed @ end

Best show this season? Best show this season.
Aug 4, 2012 9:57 AM
Aug 2010
Also: no PV lolwut
Aug 4, 2012 9:58 AM

May 2011
When the meeting between Iori and Taichi first happened - "Ooh ooh nice argument"
Then he confessed - *shakes fist in air* "Yes yes yes YES!"
Iori gets taken over - "What???"
Jumps off the bridge - "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Thankfully She does not get killed off, would have been some serious rage if she did. That kiss was magnificent, but Inaba gets her evil laugh at the end because of it, oh boy. O.O

Overall loved this episode. Iori x Taichi was delicious.

-Kenshin-Aug 4, 2012 10:07 AM
Aug 4, 2012 10:03 AM

Sep 2010
Yes, no more body switching.

It the next arc, Hartseed will
, so we'll get very much tears, love-hate moments and betrayals.
2e16nig.png
Aug 4, 2012 10:07 AM

Dec 2009
That was one amazing episode... :<
Aug 4, 2012 10:12 AM

Jun 2011
Nerve racking I to was caught I in her dying my word what an episode!
Aug 4, 2012 10:14 AM

Mar 2012
This was a thoroughly exciting, fantastic episode!

The scene at the beginning between Yui and Aoki was great, and now the mistaken beliefs that Yui has feelings for Taichi can finally be put to rest. Heartseed is such a conniving character, but thankfully his experiment didn't cause Iori to die.

Inaba easily remains the best character. Since it's rather obvious that she likes Taichi just as much as Iori does, it admittedly gets a bit tiring to see her attempting to selflessly push Iori and Taichi together without regards to her own feelings.

The end to the episode was fantastic, and I'm fine with a triangle being set up considering I don't particularly like the Iori x Taichi pairing and due to the fact that:

Despite being a heavier episode, I thought it continued to deftly blend the comedy and drama very well, as it has all along. The next arc of the LN's is pretty good, due to the focus on my favorite character, but volume 3 and 4 are the best, so I can't wait to see those animated. This is easily the best anime of the season, along with Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Sword Art Online. I'm really looking forward to the next episode, and I hope this show can continue to greatly exceed my expectations.
Lelouch22Aug 4, 2012 11:42 AM
Aug 4, 2012 10:15 AM

Jul 2010
Wow. Wowowowow. Such a powerful episode. I was in tears at the end, begging for a miracle. And when it came, I was so unexplainably happy. I feel like my emotions are being manipulated by Heartseed as well XD

Uwaa~ Taichi and Iori are so cute! <3 I was crying during their kiss T_T

Poor Inaba though. It's so obvious that she loves Taichi. She must be so hurt on the inside, but just denying it for their happiness. Honestly I'm a TaichixInaba fan even more that Iori..
I'm sure there will be a scene later on where Inaba regretfully admits that she was a little bit sinfully happy when Iori was going to die so she could have Taichi.
Aug 4, 2012 10:19 AM

Sep 2010
But Inaba and Taichi
and Iori
like Heartseed.
2e16nig.png
Aug 4, 2012 10:20 AM
Mar 2011
i like this heartseed guy
bastek66 said:
LunaAug 4, 2012 9:14 PM
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 4, 2012 10:21 AM

Jul 2010
Lelouch22 said:
This was a thoroughly exciting, fantastic episode!

The scene at the beginning between Yui and Aoki was great, and now the mistaken beliefs that Yui has feelings for Taichi can finally be put to rest. Heartseed is such a conniving, evil character but thankfully his experiment didn't cause Iori to die.

Inaba easily remains the best character. Since I know she likes Taichi just as much as Iori does, it admittedly gets a bit tiring to see her attempting to selflessly push Iori and Taichi together without regards to her own feelings. Of course, much of her feelings toward Taichi will be unveiled over the next several episodes, particularly whichever episode covers the end to volume 2.

The end to the episode was fantastic, and I'm fine with a triangle being set up considering I don't particularly like the Iori x Taichi pairing and due to the fact that:

Despite being a heavier episode, I thought it continued to deftly blend the comedy and drama very well, as it has all along. The next arc of the LN's is pretty good, due to the heavy focus on Inaba, but volume 3 and 4 are the best, so I can't wait to see those animated. This is easily the best anime of the season, along with Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Sword Art Online. I'm really looking forward to the next episode, and I hope this show can continue to greatly exceed my expectations.

Can you pleaase use spoiler tags? Some people haven't read the light novels T__T
Aug 4, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
If this episode made one thing clear it's that the little flower is toying with them in a very serious way i expected that Iori would live but making people believe she will die he really is the worst.
And he also created some interesting situations for himself like what will Inaba to because of that kiss seems like Taichi is in trouble because of it.
Then there is the class president who seems to have a understanding with Taichi but will she just give up on Iori like that or will she do something towards Taichi.
Aug 4, 2012 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
Well this sure was something. When i actually stopped considering the possibility of Heartseed trolling it turned out he indeed was, what a dick. But he sure was right, they all benefit from the incident. It doesn't really look like Iori x Taichi is happening right away, basing on her coming to the club at the end. While it'd be a shame, i'm actually kind of happy about their relationship progress being stalled, i'm rooting for Inaban x Taichi from the start.
But anyway, the end of personality swapping, i heard it's only 1st volume in novel so there's still ways to go for relationships developing further. Looking forward to whatever Heartseed plans to do with the group in next arc.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 4, 2012 10:31 AM
May 2009
Lelouch22 said:
after having just recently read the light novels

About light novels:
Is there any more progress in this title than on baka-tsuki (only 4.5 chapters of first volume)?
Aug 4, 2012 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
It was good :D
ended well so this is big plus here (I would hate if she would die)
but it was nicelly done, I also didn't thought that she will die but they convinced me that she will :)
to make that ending...

not the best series but I like how it's progressing (well except part with girl that has no personality and changes them all the time... that is weird but within norm)
Aug 4, 2012 10:33 AM

Mar 2012
fishergirl16 said:
Can you pleaase use spoiler tags? Some people haven't read the light novels T__T

Sorry; in my haste, I forgot to spoiler tag all the necessary sections. My mistake.
Aug 4, 2012 10:35 AM
Aug 2010
In my opinion, this is one of the best animes i've ever read. So far that is. It continues to greatly exceed my expectations growing better and better after each episode.

5/5, At the very least best anime this SEASON.
Aug 4, 2012 10:40 AM

Jun 2011
What a wonderful episode^^ 5/5
I managed to block my tears till the end, hopefully it was a good ending :)
Aug 4, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
bregor said:
Lelouch22 said:
after having just recently read the light novels

About light novels:
Is there any more progress in this title than on baka-tsuki (only 4.5 chapters of first volume)?

Not yet; that's the furthest the english translations have gone. Despite my somewhat limited understanding of the Japanese language, that's how I read the LN's. Unfortunately, baka-tsuki seems quite slow with these translations.
Aug 4, 2012 10:47 AM
Jan 2012
So this was the first time Iori and Inaba switched bodies on screen (assuming they actually switched and Inaba was acting, which I doubt). Very interesting. I also liked Iori's mischievous smile as Inaba when she was talking with Taichi.

I don't know if Iori knows if Inaba likes Taichi, but it appeared like she was using the opportunity in Inaba's body as a way to push him towards Inaba. Especially when she says they shouldn't go out.

This is one of the most interesting love triangles I have seen in a while, and I hope it plays out epicly.
exs120Aug 4, 2012 1:17 PM
Aug 4, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
So that's why he handed the handphone over!
At one moment i really did thought iori is going to die.

Can't wait for next week!!
Aug 4, 2012 11:05 AM

Mar 2010
i like this quote:

''What defines humans.. what defines us?
Nobody notices the change on the inside, if you look the same on the outside.''

I'm not sure its true, but it sounds sad. That's what usually it is though. Guess you need the right person to notice you.
Aug 4, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2011
Taichi x Iori
Life = Made
Aug 4, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2010
Honestly this episode was one of the best ive seen from any show in a while.

5/5
Aug 4, 2012 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
Cant tell if the heartseed guy is an asshole or a friggin' hero. I'd go with 'an asshole', despite his good intentions...
Aug 4, 2012 11:12 AM
Nov 2010
Does Iori sound like a name of a dog? I just get that doggy vibe. She also reminds me of a puppy :P
Aug 4, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
So we're back to the question how the fuck does this show only score a 7.89 atm!?
I mean sure it doesn't really mean anything and it should go up but it's just frustrating and retarded seeing this show having about the same score as Accel World for instance. (which isn't a bad show but no way it can compare to this)

Also that laugh at the end, I just had to laugh along and thus my parents stared at me because I was starting to laugh maniacally.
Aug 4, 2012 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
Appel_stroop said:
So we're back to the question how the fuck does this show only score a 7.89 atm!?
I mean sure it doesn't really mean anything and it should go up but it's just frustrating and retarded seeing this show having about the same score as Accel World for instance. (which isn't a bad show but no way it can compare to this)

Also that laugh at the end, I just had to laugh along and thus my parents stared at me because I was starting to laugh maniacally.

Many people dropped it after episode 1 because they don't like genderbenders.

This show is so underrated.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Aug 4, 2012 11:35 AM

Dec 2009
Nice episode! It lacked in the direction, some of the scenes lacked wham, but that is also because of the lack of proper character development.

In fact, I think this first LN could've been adapted as a stand-alone anime original, in which they fleshed the original story out. It would've worked well.

Although, I am curious about the future.

Appel_stroop said:

It's a good score and also fitting. The show isn't finished. Don't take MAL's scores too seriously. The end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 4, 2012 11:35 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good episode except that it was obvious the whole time that she was going to survive.
Aug 4, 2012 11:39 AM

Nov 2010
Taichi shines again this episode

Darn Seed keeps trolling the bunch
The show would have ended with a death
Aug 4, 2012 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
amginex said:
i like this heartseed guy
bastek66 said:

Well Its rather clear Inaba is into Taichi though its semi clear from the get got and Iori is too .. But hey either way this was a fun episode though I could see the "Trollololol" coming didnt really make it less well done.
LunaAug 4, 2012 9:15 PM
Aug 4, 2012 11:51 AM

Jun 2012
I loved this episode <3
Taichi and Iori made me.. KYAAAAH so much XD

They love each other <3

Inaba can just bury herself if she goes between Iori and Taichi C:
hey.. umh I like Inaba but.. if she really does end up with Taichi... ^^" yeah..
SakiAug 4, 2012 11:58 AM
Aug 4, 2012 11:55 AM
May 2012
D2Synua said:
Pretty good episode except that it was obvious the whole time that she was going to survive.

yea exactly my thought,
i knew it was just to speed things up between them
Aug 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Jun 2010
I really though Iori was gonna die ( Am I the only one? I thought Kokoro Connect might kill one or two characters. And it will be a one of the best if they did it. I guess I was expecting too much ). I was raging so hard and cursing heartseed to death. Phew.
-MgZ_Aug 4, 2012 12:01 PM
Aug 4, 2012 12:00 PM

Jun 2012
-MgZ_ said:
I really though Iori was gonna die. I was raging so hard and cursing heartseed to death. Phew.

Yeah I was yelling bastard at the screen the whole time xD
And Iori made me cry while talking to Taichi.. but then she kissed him and I was like.. kyaaaah kyaaah kyaah :3 <3 <3
Aug 4, 2012 12:03 PM
May 2012
I liked it. I thought Heartseed pulled a massive dick move, but ultimately he seemed to know what he was doing in this regard. And they did ultimately learn more about each other than if this event had never happened in the first place.

Looking forward to the other episodes.
Aug 4, 2012 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
OMG I think i'm in love with this anime. Idk the last time an anime could do that to me. Make me feel like that

Aug 4, 2012 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
I wanted her to die. So, so badly.

Iori lies about switching, Taichi gets hit (what?). Iori bitches about something EVERY HUMAN BEING DOES (putting on different masks, liking different things, acting different around different people) like it's something special. I know the problems stems from her mother and all having many husbands.

I don't know. Angry. Wanted death. Got nothing. Bleh. :/
Aug 4, 2012 12:39 PM

Jun 2010
No, but seriously, after finishing 'To The Moon' today and then watching this, I started seriously tearing up when Taichi cried. Then I started crying when Iori and Taichi kissed and didn't stop until the doctor told them she was okay. I was thinking it was trick at first, but then when they had their conversations, I was thinking Iori would die.

I-I can't tell whether I hate or love Heartseed at this point. He's a bastard, but he taught them some valuable lessons.

Oh shit, now it'll focus on a love triangle. Those never end well. (In this case, it's pretty one-sided for Inaban ;_;)
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.