Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion

Feb 23, 2014 5:18 PM

Damn, those time skip make this anime hard to follow. The last time he saw Asuna, they barely knew each other and were kinda getting along and now she's a tsundere that ''can't'' stand him. I mean, what happened between that? How did she got so high in hierarchy? How that other guy Agil got in the guild too? How did Kirito even joined the guild, mister I-only-play-solo?

Anyway, I'm glad that Asuna is back, it just seem like I had missed a lot of episode, which make it very confusing.

It seem like someone is having fun killing people in town. If that weapon is made by Grimthing again, I guess that they'll have to look for him.

It look like Asuna is even more known than Kirito. Also, I like how she tell him to be less familiar by calling her by her first name, tsundere classic :P

I agree about Asuna point of view on PNJ. I was pretty much doing the same thing in Skyrim, they were the dragon diner :P
When a dragon was attacking a town, there would always be 50% survivor xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Mar 16, 2014 7:30 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Dem ass shots,first Yolko and then ASSuna.

Originally thought Yolko was the murderer but I guess not...
minouneetzoe said:
Damn, those time skip make this anime hard to follow. The last time he saw Asuna, they barely knew each other and were kinda getting along and now she's a tsundere that ''can't'' stand him. I mean, what happened between that? How did she got so high in hierarchy? How that other guy Agil got in the guild too? How did Kirito even joined the guild, mister I-only-play-solo?

Anyway, I'm glad that Asuna is back, it just seem like I had missed a lot of episode, which make it very confusing.
Was wondering about all that too.And yeah the timeskips are quite confusing to follow.

Mar 19, 2014 9:19 PM
OVER 9000

damn, asuna is back and bossy! she seems a bitch too now! haha...

Good episode I guess! and agreed with some people, those time skips make hard to follow sometimes, but oh well mate.

Mar 22, 2014 7:03 AM

Great episode. Hope the reason for
being able to kill within those safe
zones will be revealed in the next one.
^_^

Mar 29, 2014 7:17 PM

PK? Or not?

Jun 15, 2014 3:57 PM

zachfoss said:
Good episode I guess! and agreed with some people, those time skips make hard to follow sometimes, but oh well mate.

I agree those time skips are hard to follow,btw good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 27, 2014 9:25 PM

4.5/5

I have to admit, the main plot-line of this and the next episode (the PKing in a safe zone) wasn't particularly interesting to me. However, some of the scenes with Asuna and Kirito are good enough to make this episode on the whole really good in my eyes. I loved the scene where Kirito was napping and then Asuna fell asleep. It's one of the early moments where his nature shows through and effects her positively, no doubt fostering her affection for him.

Jul 4, 2014 12:52 PM

Felt like I was watching Detective Conan there.

Jul 4, 2014 6:41 PM

This series just keeps making less and less sense as it goes on.

If you can move someones hand while they're sleeping to force them into accepting a duel then why not just transfer all their items and money to yourself? Also, in first damn episode Kirito said they had to hurry since monsters, bosses and quests don't re-spawn....but we've seen and heard many times since then that apparently they do.

Speaking of Kirito....does he have multiple personality's or something? One episode he's all emo and sad then the next he's happy go lucky like nothing happened.

Really not impressed so far and I've heard it only gets worse.

Jul 4, 2014 8:20 PM

So when does this get out of the fight/mystery/help of the week format and into arcs? I only enjoyed this two parter because it reminded me of Cased Closed.

What is with all the time skips, and as the user above me posted, there is already plot inconsistency.

Jul 7, 2014 12:08 AM

So wait we got ghost style players ala Dark Souls in this game now? Me no like Grimlock.

Jul 25, 2014 4:38 PM

Asuna becomes the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood just so she could nap.
Mystery and player-killing are revolving around the guild Golden Apple.
It's up to Kirito and Asuna to solve these weird cases.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Jul 25, 2014 5:26 PM

WolfWood37 said:
So wait we got ghost style players ala Dark Souls in this game now? Me no like Grimlock.

lol yea...

Oct 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Confirmed: Asuna's presence makes this anime so much better. (especially compared to the last 2 filler-ish episodes).

Awe, that napping.

Dec 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Oh snap!

Dec 5, 2014 1:33 PM

Hmmm, interesting developments. Glad to see Asuna back and it definitely looks like her and Kirito might become a couple at some point in the future which I've wanted to have happen since the first episode that they were both in. The sleeping thing was pretty funny.

Dec 9, 2014 9:58 AM

OK episode, I'm still missing some nice fights like in episode 2. There's too much talking right now.

Jul 5, 2015 12:14 PM
wow this show is amazing thus far. It must get completely screwed up later on if so many hate it or I call underrated

Jul 18, 2015 6:16 PM

So we find out that players can die by other players... in safe zones? Okay that sounds suspicious.

The scene where Kirito and Asuna were just relaxing was really nice...

Sep 29, 2015 3:18 AM

Dayum. Murder mystery. Do like.
Omne Solum Forti Patria

Nov 16, 2015 2:48 PM
oreomonogatari

More mini arcs that I'm sure will be irrelevant in the long run. The pacing is a bit fast. But even so, I'm really enjoying it.

Nov 28, 2015 4:59 PM

kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode

Jul 31, 2016 11:55 AM

Creepy episode, it was.
They are killing players in SAO like they are nothing @_@

Nov 22, 2016 2:15 AM

they are so cute together <3

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2017 9:54 PM

Those constant ass shots are really annoying.

Now I know how feminists feel.

Mar 9, 2017 10:42 AM

The episode is really liked and amazing.

11/10 scores

May 8, 2017 5:08 AM

the time lapses are way too long.

May 13, 2017 9:39 AM

Mytery murder case in an online game setting with characteristics of a harem. Now I've seen it all.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jul 2, 2017 2:01 PM

Just like the previous episode, the writing for the female characters is cliched and bigoted, Asuna is your typical haughty tsundere that hits the MC when she's in an embarassing situation, Yoruko is clearly the murderer, and the camera always focuses on the girl's butts. The writing is pretty sloppy too, they don't have the chops when it comes to writing an isekai-MMORPG kind of story but now they want to make a police procedural. The result is an even more boring version of Law and Order, and LO is basically a show that you can leave in the background while you do your chores.

Jul 3, 2017 10:07 PM
Arashi89 said:
Just like the previous episode, the writing for the female characters is cliched and bigoted, Asuna is your typical haughty tsundere that hits the MC when she's in an embarassing situation, Yoruko is clearly the murderer, and the camera always focuses on the girl's butts. The writing is pretty sloppy too, they don't have the chops when it comes to writing an isekai-MMORPG kind of story but now they want to make a police procedural. The result is an even more boring version of Law and Order, and LO is basically a show that you can leave in the background while you do your chores.

How can you say Yoruko is the murderer when she "died" at the end of the episode? Did you even watch it?

Also there was like 1 ass shot. Fan service is in nearly every anime. Suck it up. Deal with it.

Nov 9, 2017 9:49 PM

Again, ignoring the obvious whateverisms that happen in every episode, nothing really annoying nor special. The sherlockian mystery starts and god, what the hell was that scene at the end. Why scream like retards? Whatever, just a two-episode arc beginning probably and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I always have a bad feeling about mystery in anime, they're always unsolvable and some magical bullshit appears to explain everything afterwards... just like what I imagine it's going to happen. 3/5
Modified by Lumsi, Nov 9, 2017 11:11 PM

Dec 30, 2017 1:30 PM

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Jan 1, 2018 9:59 AM
A decent episode, but I wish the time wouldn't skip so much.

Mar 10, 2018 11:03 AM

Time lapses are quite confusing indeed, but I like having Asuna back. She just makes the whole show for me.

May 20, 2018 12:49 AM

Definitely better than the last episode. I don't understand why everyone finds time lapses that confusing, you just have to remember dates. Asuna is a bit cliché but I like her and the complicity she have with Kirito.

Also, Sword Art Online really go deeper than I thought on the games mecanics and I like it. Even though the story is more about what happens to the characters in my opinion, those details are a good touch.

Apr 23, 8:10 AM

It seems like they’re getting more trouble from their fellow players than from the monsters.

May 16, 10:33 AM

Asuna is back!

Wow, this arc looks promising with murders and mystery.

Yolko is killed lol.
Life has no meaning.

Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]