Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 29, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, very interesting, but also confusing lol XD Both the OP and ED were good, I think the OP fit more but I liked the ED better :P
The anime girl that lives with him is one of his "delusions" right? O_O He's an intense gamer / anime fan and doesn't like the "3D world" ... interesting lol XD
I'm assuming different ties / ribbons = different years?
I liked his sister lol :3
The killing was kind of creepy ... especially that girl. Very creepy >_< Don't really like her, assuming she's the girl in the first part, dunno why really lol :S
Clumsy girl (Yua?) is OK for now, but she knows more about the murders I suppose ...
Apr 7, 2011 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
How is he even allowed to live like that? Also, he's got some quite serious psychological problems & the somewhat common 'Real girls are bad, best girls are from anime' attitude.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 9, 2011 4:41 AM

Feb 2010
I'm speechless.. this was amazing! Damn, why haven't I watched this already. :-D
Nov 1, 2011 1:48 PM

Feb 2010
hknamida said:
Angel999 &gt;&gt; For an anime about eating, I would recommend Lucky Star. For shitting and pissing, look into Bible Black.

Älsö, ümläüts äütömätïcällÿ mäkë thïngs cööl.

nice got a few laughs from reading this.
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 21, 2011 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
It was alright. I want to know why he's living in such an eccentric place lol

ED is amazing.
Feb 11, 2012 9:33 AM

Aug 2011
I don't understand why this show gets so much hate, atleast not yet.
4/5 for this episode and it's good so far.
Mar 25, 2012 5:05 PM
Mar 2009
Yeah, this episode is weird enough to make me watch more,
the visuals and such are higher quality than I expected;
I watched Steins;Gate and somehow expected this to be vastly inferior,
but so far, yes it is totally different but it also is weird and fascinating.
Apr 8, 2012 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
i dont get it. lots of unanswered question.
quite confusing..
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 21, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2009
LuckyMango said:
i dont get it. lots of unanswered question.
quite confusing..
After one episode? Give it a chance. :P
May 8, 2012 6:17 AM

Mar 2012
looks promising so far
Aug 17, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
That was a pretty interesting first episode. I've heard bad reviews about this anime, though, and now I'm not sure if I made the right decision in buying the retail anime box set..(never buy before you watch! I should have learned that by now with Mamotte! Lollipop..)
Ahh, I wish I could see my favorite anime girl like he does..even if it is just a hallucination <3 >w>
Sep 22, 2012 11:41 AM

May 2012
Interesting start of this Anime, the story seems quite interesting to watch the art is quite nice as well and the main character is quite funny imo as how he is obsessed by Anime!

Well let's see what this 12 episoded Anime has to offer! Up to the next episode!
Sep 24, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was ok but it seems the upcoming episodes will be much more interesting.
Oct 14, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
That was a great first episode. I like the high-tension creepy scenes. Anyway, great first impression.
4/5

Oct 24, 2012 4:31 PM
Oct 2011
I don't like alot of the first episode have alot of funny for a "serious" history, i don'yt no... But i definitely like the characteres, the protagonist specially, he is a true nice otaku, and i like the history of the anime, but I don't like the drawing and don't think the songs so good like in Robotic;Notes or Steis;Gate. But let's go see the next episode and pray for better....
Forgive me Lord... I'm from Brazil.
Jan 16, 2013 5:01 AM

Jan 2012
Taku's home is pretty epic. Not to mention his delusions lol. Anyway, the first episode was awesome.

Feb 26, 2013 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
I like it.
5/5

Waiting for it to get bad
Jun 23, 2013 1:27 AM

Jul 2008
That was a bit on the crazy side. Confusion on the first episode I find to be a good thing.
Jul 14, 2013 1:56 AM

Jun 2010
Love the crazy hallucinations and paranoia, but I really want to know why he's living in a shipping container.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2013 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
Was an alright episode, hoping this series turns out to be good. Great OP song :)
Sep 12, 2013 7:27 AM
May 2013
I like the main character, he is different from what I've seen before, he has a rich imagination and it's paranoid, being paranoid makes him more interesting. I'm paranoid too but this guy is on a total new level.

The speech from the first 3 min was nice , I wanted to see it ending with something like : "Since we are the last 2 humans on Earth... Let's repopulate."

The ending song is "super special" and I like it.
Sep 17, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2012
Faggot MC and terrible art. Terrible combination there
Oct 27, 2013 7:38 PM

Nov 2012
Mysterious start.

Otaku lead with delusions.I'm just waiting for him to have a mental breakdown,cause based on what I saw this episode,there's no way he's making it out of this sane.

Can't wait to see more of the "New Gen" murders.

Group Dive,5 students jumped to their deaths.Fetus in a male corpse,Pregnant Man.

Was scared as shit when he accidentally clicked the link.

Dat cliffhanger with the girl being in his classroom the next day was fucking priceless,had the biggest grin on my face when I saw her.

Love ominous and paranoid feeling this anime is giving so far.I was paranoid as shit while watching this and it didn't help that I was watching this in the dark,alone.

Can already tell I'm really like the psychological aspect of this anime.

Tbh I had heard this was pretty bad,and was only ptw this to watch Steins;Gate next,but so far this seems way better than what I expected.

Also I liked the OP and ED they were catchy.
Feb 23, 2014 6:07 PM

Jun 2013
I heard this anime was bad, but the only reason I'm watching it is because of Steins;Gate having watched that first. I'm going to watch this and then Steins;Gate again so I can see how many references I get from both of them. This episode was great for a first episode.

Weird. Anyways I will keep watching! Onto the next episode!
Mar 8, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
Watching this before I watch Steins;Gate. First episode was interesting... I guess. MC is a shut-in.. he's alright I guess, kind of annoys me. The murder was interesting.

Don't have great expectations for this so hopefully it will be alright!
Jun 13, 2014 2:42 AM

Mar 2014
Kiss on the start!!
I am thinking this is about this anime romance is Love of Pink-hair ones Well anyways , That is the epilogue of this anime romance... I just enjoy the Harem Moments..
That Pink-hair girl ... I have a weird feeling about her... but I think she is pretty enough.
He is a NEET. and a pathetic jerk who can't decide like a man sometimes. (He also leaves in a crate-like house .)
Imouto is the tsundere type!!
Well.. you know man... Your whole city is full of shit right now .. If you Don't want to be "shitted" too... Don't be an ass and Stop doing craps like that ... jerk.
That Megami girl is a Klutz!!
Woah.. shit .. I told ya bro .. Being Pussy will not do anything ..
That Pink hair girl!!... wtf !? Is she a crazy psychotic yandere who loves to kill!? creepy..
So that Sena-tan in his Room is just his Delusion!? .. I thought it was real lol!! that's why her sister didn't notice ..
MC is really being too pussy here. but I think he can understand others feelings. but have a Dense side that goes out of its way... atleast He has a Kind Side too!!
I Like that Yua and Taku scene!! Well.. It seems there's a little ecchi and comedy here .. I might survive this anime even without The MC's anxious personality.
He still can't believe reality . as expected from a NEET ..
That Ending lol!!
Good first Episode!!!
Note : OP and ED songs were great!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
The animation for this show really did not age well for only a few short years unfortunately.

When the main character's sister went to take a drink, I initially thought that the bottle might have been filled with his urine, as he stays in that container box all day to play games. I made that weird connection because that was how Shiroe was portrayed in "Log Horizon" and it was what the kids from the Western animated movie "Monster House" did.
Jul 29, 2014 3:18 PM

Apr 2014
First episode was quite nice to me, in a way.. How Taku gets internet in a shipping crate I don't know, lucky man.

Also, anime girls fangirling over anime girls? WOT

Nov 26, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2012
opening is Good
how many times he will say really .lol

Dec 22, 2014 2:27 AM

Feb 2013
Interesting, but the main character doesn't feel so unique to me after seeing numerous anime with similar mains. The shipping crate was interesting for a home, and he seems to be exceptionally pathetic - which could lead to more Shinji-like interesting stuff. I'm certain things are going to get all supernatural and stuff, but so far it feels like everything could be explained with a dab of paranoid schizophrenia.
Jan 13, 2015 6:41 PM

Apr 2009
"all-A kids only"
Prioritize Money they own
Apr 20, 2015 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Well, that was interesting. This guy's delusions could be pretty cool if they play it out well but I'm getting slightly annoyed with them already haha. Also, what's up with the "Those eyes. Whose are they?" thing?
Dec 5, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
Yuno... is that you?
Feb 27, 2016 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
That was some crazy shit. I loved it. Looks like there's a lot of negativity about this anime so we'll see if it's just a matter of terrible popular opinion or if the anime really is bad. First episode was definitely good.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Mar 7, 2016 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
This was awesome. Can't wait to watch some more.
Jun 3, 2016 5:29 PM

May 2010
I guess it's time to finally watch Ch;H, before ChaoS;Child is out. For now I can say one thing for sure - it has the most pathetic and annoying anime lead I've seen... probably since Makoto from School Days :< This one is gonna be tough...

Opening song is great though, sasuga Kanako Itou. Ending doesn't fit at ALL, but by itself it's okay-ish, I guess.
Jan 14, 2017 5:20 PM
Jun 2016
Why is he, a 2nd year student, in a class with 3rd years?! Was he held back?
Jan 25, 2017 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
Checkin' this out after completing the game to see why it gets so much flak.

So far, it wasn't half bad even though they changed a few little things that could break continuity later. Even though I have to say that OP was pretty full of spoilers. On the other hand there were few details and things that was hinted nicely.

And I would also like if they used original music and effects to better create atmosphere of despair (so far it felt more like happy-go-lucky story) but I guess they simply didn't wanted to drive off viewers in the first episode with heavy infodump.

All-in-all, I guess it was totally worth it coming to see this with no expectation whatsover as I kinda enjoyed it in the end.
Apr 11, 2017 10:22 PM

Sep 2014
That shipping container home is so awesome, even if it's just a drab place for an otaku to hang out in. And you can see the Tokyo government building as well.

Don't know why I'm envying an otaku so much but I really wish I had a place like that.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Nov 26, 2018 9:01 AM

Aug 2018
MC sure is a hateful freak. Seira deserves to be someone else’s make believe friend.
Feb 14, 2020 12:43 PM

Aug 2018
So they're watching each other.. And guy also wonders if his world will become like hers, and hers like his?.. What this suppose to mean?..
"Whose eyes are these?" Another question added to collection.. I guess I'll write some of them to not forget them..
Eh, there is nothing wrong in being otaku.. You live your life, how you wanna, dude.. Until it doesn't hurt others, that is.. ;p
Well, that dude who talked with MC is playboy, it seems, but at least he tries to be friendly?.. Maybe?..
Only a bit strange that he lives.. At the roof?.. Is there rooms like that on roofs of houses?.. Never saw stuff like this, but maybe?..
Some sister girl?.. ... Well, sister seems alright.. ;p I mean, she's a bit awkward, but it's more because MC isn't very talkative, but she tries to approach him at least..
This world died, huh?..
Well.. It seems that MC have some hallucinations or fantasies?.. Like Seira is his fantasy?..
So Yua is interested in MC?.. Romantically?.. Or not necessary?..
And also Yua is interested in anime as well?.. Just a perfect fit for MC, it feels.. ;p Also she's interested in his favorite anime as well?.. Hm.. Almost as if too perfect.. ;p
Well, so far I'm quite interested in this anime after first episode.. I go completely blind, only saw not such high score.. Well, for now I see no reason for it.. Cast of characters is quite attractive and interesting.. It's been a while since I watched otaku as main character.. Girls are quite nice or interesting.. Mystery is also a bit exciting.. I won't too overhype it, but first episode was from 10/10 anime potential, really.. Probably something messed up will happen later, like NTR, or characters dying, or something?.. And that's why score is low?.. Well, will see, I guess.. But so far - great first episode.. Will wait for more, but won't overhype myself.. ;p
Mar 4, 2021 2:47 PM
Jul 2013
I found it actually funny. He realizes he's delusional and an otaku outcast, which promises some improvement.
Apr 28, 2021 8:42 PM

Apr 2020
Apparently this anime is terrible lmao. Doesn't seem that bad so far though, granted I already played the game and know what happens :P
Feb 21, 2023 4:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This guy is clearly brain damaged lol I'm doubting everything that is happening now... but very interesting start
Mar 9, 2023 6:47 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, I was ready to say this is the most pathetic protag I've seen in a while, but he clearly has something going on beyond just being lazy and spiteful and antisocial. Seriously, get this poor kid some therapy. 

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.