Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2008 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

GREAT FIGHT at beginning between Casshern and that girl. Too bad it was not longer.
LOVE the fights between Casshern and the robots.

The couple Root and Wrenched were nice but they were dying cause of rust considering they are robots. However I believe this is a sign that there is hope indeed! Just not much.

I HATED the fact that once all knew who Casshern was they wanted to kill him. Even worse was that he had to do something about them later and thus wiped them out! DAMN!

You know the more I watch this...the more I get depressed cause of this world. Really nuts!

There is still no answer as to why Casshern does not remember but there are things he should from the looks of it. The question remains whether he will live on after knowing everything or self kill?????

HIGHLIGHTS:

Casshern fighting again and that girl (really well done the ART!)

Nice girl and the couple with hope but I don't think there is much hope left.

angel999Oct 11, 2008 4:42 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 12:59 AM

Sep 2007
An amazing episode that builds on what the 1st gave us. While we don't really need to know any of the previous Casshern story to watch this, there are plenty of references for the old fans to enjoy. This series is a 10 waiting to happen for me..all that's left is to see if they maintain this pace and quality.
Oct 10, 2008 2:10 AM

Jul 2007
Another really solid episode I just couldn't help but LOVE. I so damn love where the story seems to be going.:3
Oct 10, 2008 8:25 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

GREAT FIGHT at beginning between Casshern and that girl. Too bad it was not longer.

Uh... Casshern didn't even fight the girl. All this talk about the robots makes you wonder where all the humans are. At least the next episode features one of them... if not the last one.
Oct 10, 2008 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

Uh... Casshern didn't even fight the girl. All this talk about the robots makes you wonder where all the humans are. At least the next episode features one of them... if not the last one.

QFT BUT the girl does have a GRUDGE AGAINST HIM.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 9:27 PM

Jan 2007
much better than the first episode, but they overdid it with the love between robots thing.
Oct 10, 2008 10:30 PM

Jan 2008
if they can keep this kind of quality up the whole season then it's destined for a 10

Oct 10, 2008 11:33 PM

May 2008
Quality is great and all..but if they're gonna keep going with robots wanting to eat Casshern and him killing all of them theme over and over again..I'm gonna get tired of it.
Oct 10, 2008 11:50 PM

Mar 2008
this was great, besides the extremely basic philosophic stuff they put in there, which i kinda rolled my eyes at.
Oct 11, 2008 2:04 AM

Jul 2008
holy shit this show is incredible LOL. loved it, it's already a 10 in my eyes.
Oct 11, 2008 2:18 AM

Jun 2008
nice episode.It looks like there's something controlling him when he was killing them
Oct 11, 2008 3:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Faust721 said:
much better than the first episode

That's what I thought. I enjoyed it. Funny how the robots keep dying and want to devour Casshern but all they find is an even earlier death/ruin.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 11, 2008 5:59 AM

Dec 2007
kie_ said:
nice episode.It looks like there's something controlling him when he was killing them

I think it's his programming, he's designed to be a killing machine, so we were told.
Oct 11, 2008 6:52 AM
Sep 2007
Fave anime this season :]
Oct 11, 2008 6:55 AM

Jul 2007
Nice episode, this is turning out to be a really great series.
Oct 11, 2008 8:37 AM
Dec 2007
Fabulous episode. The fighting scenes were executed amazingly.
Oct 11, 2008 8:46 AM

Jun 2008
From the little little I know from the original series, this one appears much darker... It was interesting to see the existence of 'accepting' robots, I was happy at the thought of Friender accompanying Kyashan for the rest of the series, unfortunately he had open his mouth only to lure away a single rampaging robot, he should have just disposed of it without revealing his identity.
Oct 11, 2008 9:09 AM

Jul 2007
What an awesome episode, much better from episode one which I already throughly enjoyed. I aswell was happy at Friendler going with him, thinking it would relate to the old series, but :[ stupid Casshern, don't say reveal your name when your around robots :P
But yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it, the story is moving along well. Lets wait for what episode 3 brings to us ^_^

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Oct 11, 2008 9:20 AM

May 2007
Really enjoyed the episode. I love the story so far and can't wait to see more.

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Oct 11, 2008 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
This could become the most depressing show I've ever seen (in a good way). Much better than the first episode and I like how we saw Casshern kind of trying to fight against his programming. It's interesting.
Oct 11, 2008 11:19 AM

Feb 2008
great follow up.

hmm luna was human right? whatever catastrophic event that took place may have wiped out all the humans...since they refer to humans in an indirect way, like an after thought. maybe perhaps there is a place where the last humans live, that may very well be the case.
Oct 11, 2008 11:40 AM

May 2008
Excellent turn this series has taken, liking it a lot.

Oct 11, 2008 12:12 PM

Jun 2008
Great visuals, and awesome fight scenes, this show has yet to disappoint. Interesting seeing emotional robots, but I wonder where all the humans have gone.
Oct 11, 2008 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
This series is slightly weird but I'm wondering how it's going to end... And is this guy going to be all by himself (or maybe the dog will join him but then, still?).
Oct 11, 2008 4:31 PM

Sep 2008
It's curious how despair change the caracters personality by the time he mention his name, also that on this episode we can clearly seem that robots start halucinating and try to kill other of their kind in order to save their own!

Their life philosophy pops up as just some sorry to easy their pain by the end of episode as well, even the little "wise" one is around him by the time he goes berserk, its interesting if we come to think how many things in this anime can reflect daily life o.o

Its just me or our "hero" looks like quickman from megaman series and that dog looks like "Rush"(dont know how to spell it <.<)..
Oct 11, 2008 5:16 PM

Jan 2008
I won't be expecting a happy ending at the end of the road for this one, but it's definitely one of the season's favorites for me.

It just needs to maintain its quality and give us a good wrap-up.

Oct 11, 2008 5:35 PM

Aug 2008
lacyel said:
It's curious how despair change the caracters personality by the time he mention his name, also that on this episode we can clearly seem that robots start halucinating and try to kill other of their kind in order to save their own!

Their life philosophy pops up as just some sorry to easy their pain by the end of episode as well, even the little "wise" one is around him by the time he goes berserk, its interesting if we come to think how many things in this anime can reflect daily life o.o

Its just me or our "hero" looks like quickman from megaman series and that dog looks like "Rush"(dont know how to spell it <.<)..

Megaman's creator was inspired by the original Casshern series and that's why the two look alike.
Oct 11, 2008 10:10 PM
Sep 2007
Better than the first episode. Pissed off Casshern = win.
Oct 12, 2008 2:20 AM
Dec 2007
As much as I hate Casshern, the movie (which was one of the biggest craps I've seen in recent memory), I really like this new TV series. Cryptic journey into the desolated lands of ruined robots and post-apocalyptic world where no human still exist, and the hero actually IS the character that caused the end of the world. Nice idea for a series isn't it?

From what I saw in the first two episodes, Casshern Sins is very similar to Metropolis (by Rintaro, not the Fritz Lang one ;)) with the same atmosphere as Texhnolyze almost, it has a fantastic animation and chara-design taken from the 70's (the original series). Just great for now, and the plot seems to be developping well too, I can't wait for next ep !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 12, 2008 3:15 AM

Jan 2008
SilentOne said:
Quality is great and all..but if they're gonna keep going with robots wanting to eat Casshern and him killing all of them theme over and over again..I'm gonna get tired of it.
Exactly, this episode was better but if they are going keep repeating that "I'm going to eat Casshern" thing, I'll be dropping this.
Oct 12, 2008 3:26 AM

Apr 2008
So far Cashern is the second best anime this season. I'm loving the art and the story. I still think that the white outfit is kinda gay but I can live with it.. That dog Rulez hope it joins Casshern.

"That Eat Casshern" has only been going on for 2 episodes. So I dont see how this can bother you but oke...
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Oct 12, 2008 4:43 AM

Aug 2008
I'm really starting to like this show (maybe I just like things that are morbid and depressing). The VERY cliched theme of robots taking over the world and wondering if they are human doesn't feel tired to me in this. And I really started feeling for those poor robots hanging out @ the church. Apparently, "ruin" is a b*tch cause it didn't even let that one robot that was juggling get into the church!

Everything has weight and substance to it so far. + everytime Casshern fights it looks pretty d@mn good. Its early in the series so I'm still hoping that things pick up, but I'm satisfied w/ this ep.
Oct 12, 2008 8:10 AM

May 2008
This one was a little more bittersweet.:(

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 12, 2008 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
Iriya said:
This could become the most depressing show I've ever seen (in a good way). Much better than the first episode and I like how we saw Casshern kind of trying to fight against his programming. It's interesting.

Actually I find each time I see this kind of world....I get depressed pretty much!
Oct 12, 2008 10:31 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, this show is really impressing me. Definitely the best thing of this season so far.

Oct 12, 2008 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
Am I the only one that thinks Furuya's voice feels too old for Casshern?

It's probably just me but I feel Furuya's voice doesn't click with Casshern's appearance.

Oct 12, 2008 3:02 PM

May 2008
awesome episode it was sad when he had to kill all those robots
cant wait to see the next episode
Oct 12, 2008 4:23 PM
Oct 2008
I liked this episode i did but i think it fell a little short to what the first episode did but still waiting for episode 3 it should be good at least my fingers are crossed lol
Oct 12, 2008 6:28 PM

Jul 2008
It was boring at first, and I don't care for the art, but the action and story is top notch. No longer planning on dropping it :)

Oct 12, 2008 9:36 PM

May 2007
That was a really good episode. Looking forward to more and how exactly this ruined was started. The death of Luna seems to be the key.
Oct 13, 2008 8:25 AM

Jul 2008
vindemon64 said:
That was a really good episode. Looking forward to more and how exactly this ruined was started. The death of Luna seems to be the key.

I nvr would have guessed <sarcasm>

Oct 13, 2008 4:54 PM
Apr 2008
anyone think Root's seiyuu sounds awfully alot like alto from macross frontier??

EDIT : root s voice actor who izz itt ?? lol i nt put a name to voice
Shin-kunOct 13, 2008 5:12 PM
Oct 13, 2008 10:34 PM

Apr 2007
damn epic.

this will be prolly my fave anime from this season. after clannad 2, of course.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 14, 2008 8:53 AM

Dec 2007
This series is really well done. The animation has style, the music fits perfectly, the action is stylish, great voice actors, great dialogue, and so far the story is told cleverly. I'm lovin' every minute of it!
Oct 14, 2008 9:42 AM

Jul 2008
That was a very enjoyable episode, better than the first one. There are two things they need to get right from now on. 1. Bring in good characters to make up for Casshern not really having a personality yet, and they certainly did that in this episode. 2. Keep it from becoming formulaic.

The greatest thing is still how good it looks. The designs are lovely, and I really like this post-apocalyptic setting. It's also stylish. *___*

I hope they manage to get the quasi philosophy right. It might so easily feel completely silly with all the WHAT IS IT TO BE HUMAN mumblings have been done so many times.
Oct 15, 2008 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
I HATED the fact that the group that accepted ruins(and even called devouring casshering a stupid thing to do) did it.
The fact that it was after he killed the robot which was stronger than them all was even more stupid.
Oct 15, 2008 9:58 AM

Sep 2008
MaiZorbescu said:
I HATED the fact that the group that accepted ruins(and even called devouring casshering a stupid thing to do) did it.
The fact that it was after he killed the robot which was stronger than them all was even more stupid.

personaly I thought it was great, any human would have done that. When faced with death you forget who your friends are and do what you need to survive.

I like that fact that because of the ruin the robots find their own mortality and stop behaving in a calm calculated manner and start behaving like desprite humans.

It's obvious the robots have become consumed by fear, rage, and desperation. The robots have become embodiment of what they hate most about humans.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 15, 2008 10:50 AM
Jun 2007
This is quickly becoming my second favorite show of the season (behind Tytania) because the post apocalyptic setting and the atmosphere is executed very well. Casshern's character still continues to be intriguing as he tries to learn and make sense of the state of the world.

Delicious Dystopia is Delicious. this show has become my favorite of the season, behind only Tytania.
Oct 15, 2008 5:45 PM

Sep 2008
a masterpiece...
Oct 15, 2008 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
Another amazing episode

so far this series has proven itself to be worth watching
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.