Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sengoku Collection Episode 18 Discussion

Aug 2, 2012 11:39 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A little dull at first, this week's character was not the most enjoyable. =/

Started getting more interesting when she got the letter back from Angel, a bit unexpected.

They start exchanging gifts and gaining good happy fortunes throughout the episode. Felt pretty nice seeing that. ^^

The end was really sad though. Turns out that letter actually saved her from making a regrettable decision, it's sad that she ended up dying in the end anyways. :'(

Aug 2, 2012 1:22 PM

So..talk about some bad and good luck in everyday life.

Kinda heartwarming I would say.

Aug 2, 2012 1:35 PM

Amazing episode, this show has so many ups and downs. Sometimes it has bright episodes to dark episodes to funny but i am happy the moeblob stopped. Really was not working out since every episode of the blob was pointless.

Heartwarming episode indeed, first time ive watched this show and wanted more.

Aug 2, 2012 2:01 PM

Amazing episode indeed. One of my favorites so far. I loved the character too.

Aug 2, 2012 2:37 PM

After last week, I didn't expect such a dark mood this time. I felt so bad for her that I really wanted a good ending when she visited Angel. What happened was sad but at least it's a refreshing change in the series.

Aug 2, 2012 3:08 PM

This has to be my favorite episode of the series. I thought I was having a bad day and could possibly get in big trouble tomorrow but watching this made me cheer up. Of course, maybe letting a few tears out and having things put into perspective is the reason for cheering up.

Also, the change in the background was really interesting and helped set the mood for the episode.

Aug 2, 2012 3:58 PM
Why did they make this episode? q_q I'm in Sengoku Collection for the happy, fun times. This episode started off depressing, then got sad, then started looking up only so it could crush me at the end with saddness!

Not one of my favourites by any means... but the story /was/ good. Just not what I was expecting.

Aug 2, 2012 7:24 PM

Easily the worst episode yet. Tried to be way too artsy and so much forced drama. This show is far better with the cute girl of the week setup.

Aug 2, 2012 7:30 PM
this week ep meet Ōtani Yoshitsugu.

who been bit hmm cause of bad luck she got but yet search for four leaf & her angel.

then found four leaf but bad luck still go then send four leaf to angel then get letter from angel & both keep send letter how good side of life.

then one day Ōtani Yoshitsugu plan to see angel then could not get her ticket then days later her angel send her ticket to see her.

then Ōtani Yoshitsugu finally arrive but angel is gone yet she leave one last latter to read cause ofŌtani Yoshitsugu's letter help angel save her from worse pains after reading it Ōtani Yoshitsugu see both pic of angel & four leaf clover.

next ep is Mitsuhide Akechi (is that other female from ed vid with Nobunaga) in a mystery story.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime

Aug 2, 2012 10:27 PM

I'm deciding if this was the best episode from this show ^^

The suspense was so good, even if it was predictable, the end was so sad.

Really loved it.

I think it was a bit inspired from Daddy-Long-Legs.

This show need more episodes like this, and less episodes like ep 2, 13, or 15.

But the funny or the random ones are ok.
(seriously, this second season was crappy until this episode)
Modified by jasque, Aug 2, 2012 10:32 PM

Aug 3, 2012 12:18 AM
SMM2 Enthusiast

This episode was gloomy and depressing.. :< But at least we have another cute girl for this week, and what a very cute one too.

Aug 3, 2012 12:54 AM
Ootani Yoshitsugu was voiced by Shiraishi Haruka
Modified by Yogicat, Aug 3, 2012 1:03 AM
[FelineYogi]

Aug 3, 2012 1:04 AM

What the bloody hell was with this incredibly depressing episode?

Aug 3, 2012 3:58 AM

I kind of dug the "everything goes from bad to worse" vibe. This show's a seriously mixed bag, it's not afraid to try anything out. That might be giving it too much credit actually.

Aug 3, 2012 4:42 AM
DatLookTho

Omg. All dem feels. I'm depressed. /hasgoneemo. Pretty good episode.

On the bright side, next episode is FINALLY Mitsuhide. Which means plot advancement!

Aug 3, 2012 9:19 AM

I felt like this episode was parodying something in particular but I have no idea what it was.

Does anyone have any ideas?
in that garden I saw the tallest flower

Aug 3, 2012 9:38 AM

This was a pretty sad episode, kinda made my chest a bit tight. x.x

Pretty interesting art though.

Aug 3, 2012 9:41 AM

pretty sad episode. x.x
oh, and i can't wait to see the next ep. wanna see Akechi Mitsuhide!

Aug 3, 2012 9:53 AM

DmonHiro said:
What the bloody hell was with this incredibly depressing episode?

Each episode has a different director, and you could really tell here. It was so incredibly out of place in this show and I really hope they don't do any more artsy depressing shit like this.

Aug 3, 2012 1:52 PM

Well, that was...different. And probably my favorite episode. I can't remember the last time this show got me invested in any of its characters, and the end made me really sad. Was definitely not expecting that from this series.

Aug 3, 2012 5:47 PM

Depressing episode for sure. She reminds me of Mero from Sankarea.
Modified by Elite60, Aug 3, 2012 7:13 PM

Aug 3, 2012 5:52 PM

Man this episode was too freaking sad. This is not cool I hope we see her happy later on.

This is my favorite episode so far.
[center]

Aug 4, 2012 4:15 PM
Did not expect tears from Sengoku Collection

Best episode. *sniff*

Aug 4, 2012 5:06 PM

What a downer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aug 4, 2012 7:42 PM
I really like this episode, it's started off with one bad luck after a another but then it
went to good at the end. Very different from the rest of the episode.

Aug 6, 2012 3:44 AM

prismheart said:
This has to be my favorite episode of the series. I thought I was having a bad day and could possibly get in big trouble tomorrow but watching this made me cheer up. Of course, maybe letting a few tears out and having things put into perspective is the reason for cheering up.

Omg, i had an extremely bad day as well! When i watched the beginning, i thought wow my day couldnt get any worser if even my anime has bad luck but it really cheered me up.

Anyways awesome episode, sad end. Best episode so far

Oct 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Ok wow. This is not my favorite episode. It's not heartwarming or refreshing and definitely not phenomenal. Honestly it's not even remarkable. This episode is a blemish and a mistake on this series.

So far I have seen a series that's full of 'moeblob' with a little bit of serious/gritty action to remind me that everyone just happens to be a samurai. This episode, however, broke that trend which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it makes me wonder how it has it's place other than a random sock in the gut to push out all those good moe vibes to get you ready for the plot progression starting in the next episode.

I always saw this series as a -collection- of short stories that all take place in the same universe where some of the people in it cross paths. Nobunaga has so far been the common link between most of these stories and I was seriously hoping she (or even Hideyoshi since Yoshisugu is supposed to be her retainer) would show up and pull this poor girl and her new friend out of the gutter and drag them back to japan. But no, that didn't happen. No super strong samurai hero showed up to help this sad retainer and her friend overcome the 9-5 demon.

Honestly, I watch moeblob anime for a reason. I don't mind a little progression or drama as long as it doesn't mess with the sanctity of the big picture. Even if that big picture is a little plot-less. There are too many drama, combat, mecha and 'bad-end' anime out there for people that like to get their "feel" from anime.

I wind down with anime. If I want to feel something I usually watch a movie or play a game. If it weren't for that, sure, I could see myself watching a little drama anime, but I don't want 'bad-end' drama in my blob. I'm tired of these curve balls, and I sure don't have any praise for them.
Modified by Chaospan, Oct 7, 2012 5:14 PM

Oct 7, 2012 5:28 PM

Such an adorable girl.

Mar 13, 2013 1:00 PM

Okay...this hit pretty hard. From the opening moments I was afraid that it would be a sad story, but I still hoped for a happy ending in the end...maybe she will be revisited in an upcoming episode?

5/5 but damn...now I'm depressed and I watch this show at the end of a long day to relax. And I really liked Yoshitsugu.

Apr 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Holy shit this was damn depressive and damn that ending :'( didn't expect this kind of episode/development in this anime but man this sure was touching!

Feb 25, 2016 6:11 AM

What a sad episode, I was certainly not expecting that. Now the feels hit me like a truck.

Sep 5, 2016 2:40 AM

OP Animation: 3/5

This is definitely better than the last episode. It seems each character story is made by different writer.

3.2/5

Nov 12, 2017 5:37 PM

Depressing, but OK and nothing remarkable, Next episode Mitsuhide!!