Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Do you think Accel World will be having season 2?

Sep 30, 2013 7:44 PM
I don't think aw will have a season 2 based on the ending of season 1. They beat the bad guy & everybody lived happily ever after.

I still can't fathom why the prettiest most popular girl in that school fell for a total epic fail looser of that school. It was so stupid. I also would prefer a seeason of aw with only Kuroyukihime & niko.

Mod Edit: Removed derailing comment about the relative merits of another show and combined double post.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:55 PM

Oct 2, 2013 6:58 AM

newraze said:
I still can't fathom why the prettiest most popular girl in that school fell for a total epic fail looser of that school. It was so stupid. I also would prefer a seeason of aw with only Kuroyukihime & niko.

Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:56 PM

Oct 7, 2013 1:47 AM

And what's so wrong about the prettiest girl falls for the ugly fat kid. Why every anime must be about a guy who thinks he is ugly and bad with girls, but he really isn't, and all falls for him. It's just a bit different anime. That's all. And no, she is not using him because he is good at games. Watch the anime again, because I didn't think you get the story.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:57 PM

Oct 12, 2013 11:02 PM

Mod Edit: This is a topic about Accel World, not about any of the other anime that have featured players in a similar game world. Derailing comments, sections of posts that responded to the derailing comments, and a couple of whole posts on the other topic have been removed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 17, 2013 7:52 PM

It needs to have a season 2 since the LN is still publishing! That and they never reached their goal of level 10. Them not reaching their goals is stopping me from giving the series a 10/10.

Oct 21, 2013 11:14 AM
I hope there's a season 2. Paradoxicaly I don't think this is a great anime with amazing writing but I find it wonderfully enjoyable as well. This whole world sounds interesting and I'd like to see something like the promised fight between Jester and the Queen. I think the anime didn't feel complete and that was bait for a sequel. So I hope it sells well enough to get one. Mind I'm still waiting for more FMP T_T

I just hope Haru gets a lot less.... wimpy? bitch-like? in season 2? Unlikely but they have to realize they took the caricature just slightly too far in the writing. It'd be nice if the romance between hime and him guess a bit more nuanced but for the audience and considering that it's the world that is the biggest selling point I can understand why they would choose not to.
Modified by Tienz, Oct 21, 2013 3:08 PM

Oct 27, 2013 6:03 AM

newraze said:
I don't think aw will have a season 2 based on the ending of season 1. They beat the bad guy & everybody lived happily ever after.

Mod Edit: Removed derailing comment about the relative merits of another show and combined double post.

There most likely will be a season 2 based on sales, and also because this anime is based on a Light Novel, episodes 1-24 were based on volumes 1-3 and a few chapters from volume 4, there are still a fair few volumes, so therefore there most likely will be a next season

P.S gotta love Reki for bringing both Accel World and Sword Art Online to everyone (creator of both stories) they're amazing Light Novels, and Reki has said that both the animes have done amazing work
Modified by Wraiyf, Oct 27, 2013 8:59 AM

you know, I once said I'd never get addicted to something... well I'm still not

Forum Avatar Size needs an update to atleast 600kb instead of 51kb, can barely have any gif in here unless it's black and white aaaand they need to allow gifs -_-

Oct 27, 2013 11:51 AM

newraze said:

But no one has reached lv10 yet, and there is still the ARG out there, and tons of other plot threads. Reading the light novels should show you that there is tons of stuff still to explore and discover.

Here's a hint: women, compared to men, are less likely to place importance on physical appearance. Males are the ones who tend to emphasize physical beauty as a mating factor. That is not to say that women don't have an eye for beauty and place some value in it, but there are plenty of other overriding factors that will drive their decisions.

Also, Kuroyukihime is mentally much older than her age. The things she values tend to be different than normal girls. You can hear her tell you herself: all she valued was speed and power in the accelerated world... and then she saw someone who was faster than her without brain burst. That was the initial draw; Haru unknowingly impressed her with his skills and abilities. Yet his vulnerability in the real world made her want to protect him. Those two things, as she explains in episode 4, are what combined and developed into love. Admiration + a desire to protect, is fairly standard in stories as to what causes someone to develop a love for another.

Personally, I'm impressed someone had the balls to do a main character that wasn't the cliche, typical tall and lanky type. And that the very essence of who Haru is, physically and mentally, weaves so well into the plot. Accel World couldn't have been done if Haru were anyone else. Or rather, if it were, it would be just a typical B series. Accel World is able to explore things no other anime series has, just by virtue of who Haru is. I find it a refreshing change of pace.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Oct 30, 2013 11:09 AM
Kaijo said:

Thank you. For what you said. Accel World is one of the best animes I've watched so far, and I'm still waiting for a second season. :(

Nov 4, 2013 5:22 PM

I would hope that there would be another season. This anime hasn't drawn the most rave of reviews from me, but it is still rather enjoyable. With that said, ending it as is would make me have to drop its score to probably a 5/10 or so.

The story isn't even close to complete and that wasn't a spot where they can wrap it up. They have yet to really accomplish anything in the anime. A few of the tasks left unfinished and questions left unaswered are:

1.The organization that backed Noumi has just now been made visible
2. The incarnate system has just now been found
3. None of the other kings have been defeated
4. Who is Aqua Current and what is she planning?
5. Was Haru bugged by the corruption?
6. Who will reach level 10?
7. What really happens when you reach level 10?
8. etc...

The ending is incredibly important to a good anime so just opening up cans of worms and then leaving them to rest is a terrible idea. As this anime stands--with no proper ending-- I see it as very similar to "Narutaru: Mukuro Naru Hoshi Tama Taru Ko" in that both had good ideas but never finished them.
Modified by aLooser, Nov 4, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 4, 2013 5:29 PM
I hope there will never be a second season.

Nov 6, 2013 8:57 PM

Aerostar said:

:o reason?
this anime deserved season 2
season 1 only cover first 4 volume LN
there is still 10+ volume to be animated, and i can't wait volume 5 to be adapted to anime :D

Nov 6, 2013 9:41 PM

aLooser said:
I would hope that there would be another season. This anime hasn't drawn the most rave of reviews from me, but it is still rather enjoyable. With that said, ending it as is would make me have to drop its score to probably a 5/10 or so.

The story isn't even close to complete and that wasn't a spot where they can wrap it up. They have yet to really accomplish anything in the anime. A few of the tasks left unfinished and questions left unaswered are:

1.The organization that backed Noumi has just now been made visible
2. The incarnate system has just now been found
3. None of the other kings have been defeated
4. Who is Aqua Current and what is she planning?
5. Was Haru bugged by the corruption?
6. Who will reach level 10?
7. What really happens when you reach level 10?
8. etc...

The ending is incredibly important to a good anime so just opening up cans of worms and then leaving them to rest is a terrible idea. As this anime stands--with no proper ending-- I see it as very similar to "Narutaru: Mukuro Naru Hoshi Tama Taru Ko" in that both had good ideas but never finished them.

Note that the anime covers light novesl 1 thru 4 (and the side stories of Vol 10). LN #15 was just released, so there is a LOT of material that sheds light on your questions. In particular,your questions #4 and #5 have been answered, and the rest... have varying degrees of answers that have been revealed. I get the feeling, though, that the kingslaying will happen closer to the end of the story. Haru isn't level 9 yet, so killing a king is pointless for him, although Niko or Kuroyuki could do it.

Nov 7, 2013 9:40 PM

Kaijo said:
newraze said:
Personally, I'm impressed someone had the balls to do a main character that wasn't the cliche, typical tall and lanky type. And that the very essence of who Haru is, physically and mentally, weaves so well into the plot. Accel World couldn't have been done if Haru were anyone else. Or rather, if it were, it would be just a typical B series. Accel World is able to explore things no other anime series has, just by virtue of who Haru is. I find it a refreshing change of pace.

This, this and so much this. Haru pissed me off at times? sure, he did. But that's exactly what sets AW apart.

The MC is DIFFERENT from what we get in 99% animes out there, and not only that, but he has a very distinct personality, problems he has to deal with and issues a normal MC in any other anime wouldn't have, and as such the plot for AW is set.

I seriously hope this gets a second season, I for one can't get enough of Kuroyukihime. Or "Sacchan" as Raker calls her, I wonder what her real name is (I haven't read the LN)

Nov 12, 2013 2:21 AM

EnanoMaldito said:
Kaijo said:
newraze said:

This, this and so much this. Haru pissed me off at times? sure, he did. But that's exactly what sets AW apart.

The MC is DIFFERENT from what we get in 99% animes out there, and not only that, but he has a very distinct personality, problems he has to deal with and issues a normal MC in any other anime wouldn't have, and as such the plot for AW is set.

I seriously hope this gets a second season, I for one can't get enough of Kuroyukihime. Or "Sacchan" as Raker calls her, I wonder what her real name is (I haven't read the LN)

Her name still hasn't been revealed, and they're upto the 15th L.N (although I don't think it's been read by many people yet, as the 15th novel was only released last month)
Modified by Wraiyf, Nov 12, 2013 6:10 PM

Forum Avatar Size needs an update to atleast 600kb instead of 51kb, can barely have any gif in here unless it's black and white aaaand they need to allow gifs -_-

Nov 12, 2013 2:51 AM
Omniknight said:
Keys to success for season 2:

1) Remove ALL the current characters except Kuroyukihime and Red King
2) Don't delegate them to fanservice duty (i.e. Kuroyukihime appearing in one episode and all she does is flash her bikini). Let them fight and be badass.
3) Make antagonists less retarded (they always beat Porky, let him live while giving us a monologue and then get magically beaten

Um what?

Nov 15, 2013 3:55 PM

yes there will be , wait for an announcement in 2014 :)
Modified by The_Core, Nov 15, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 15, 2013 4:57 PM

The_Core said:

it was pretty much confirmed by Reki (the author of the L.N) in an interview he did around July, so yeah there most likely will be a season 2

Nov 21, 2013 3:33 PM

crescent917 said:
after all SAO and AW has different taste SAO is pretty much more serious and many fans hate SAO for skipping some important parts from the Novel..
16.5.. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN haha

ON-TOPIC
I really hope Accel World gets a second season because it was an wonderful anime, just as SAO.

Nov 24, 2013 7:03 PM
Aerostar said:

Why you don't have to watch it, I don't like most Shoujo anime but I would never wish most of them hadn't been made because not only do other people clearly like them I don't have to watch them so who gives a f***

Nov 28, 2013 2:27 AM
MadMoon said:
In my opinion accel world s2 has a simply slim chance of geting serialized.

1.) there's nothing that really stounds out in that anime except KYH
2.)fans are enraged about haruyuki crying everysingle time and can't even decide firmly by himself
2.)The transition of the story is awful
3.) there weren't any real action, might as well turn in into a pure SoL.
3.)Burst link has a lot of insane plot holes
4)too many loop holes
5.) Kuroyukihime is slowly declining in rating maybe the fact that competing 2 anime's at a time AW/SOA
6.) SOA got a lot more feed back than accel world (FYI, they were written by he same author, there is a small chance that he'll try to improve SOA than Accel World
7.) A lot of character got usless after some time
8.) Male audience can't fondom that haruyuki is a pretty wussy bastard that got the most beautiful, one of the most respected student council president
9)seeing the feedback of accel world and SOA it's clear that they'll know concentrate SOA in making it better.
10) ending this series with nomi as the last boss would surely stain it reputation as an aniime. Surely, there on't be any kuroyukihime in this fight scen even if there was she probably wouldn't help.
11) There aren't character development so far. So many uninteresting plot that has been added. as of why I can't really say.

You do realise that accel world and SAO are done by different stuido's right which just cuts off half your points right there, and SAO on launch in japan which is the audience studios care about accel world in sales was pretty darn close to SAO. The English dubs where also done by two different companies.

And compared to there recent titles Accel world did really well for them, and Accel world did well for sunrise compared to other titles released around the same year.

Although it's almost 2014 and no announcement yet so, but there has also been no announcement of a second season of SAO but SAO got more closure than accel world.

And Accel world closely follows the light novels so other than some input from the author there is not much work on his side to be done so that argument is also out of the window.

So pleas check your fact's.

Edit; also Accel world by most critic's opinions is more combat focused, where as SAO was more focused on the romance and the combat etc being more of a support for that, if you look at the manga it is clear that SAO is a Harem.

Although AW is also Harem like kinda not really because all of the main female characters obviously have a thing for him, at least if you read the light novel. But that's simply because it has progress more. Although it takes a far far far far back seat to the point where you really can't call it a Harem and combat and character development take centre stage.

So to say that AW doesn't have any combat when your comparing it to SAO is well a little silly to say the least.

And god damnit I have watched accel world 3 times already and episode 4 where Kuroyukihime saves Haru it makes me cry even though I know she is going to survive AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!! I think only 5 TV shows/movies/games/ fictional entertainment have ever made me cry and never repeatedly.

Was just rewatching the hole of accel world and got to ep 4 again
Modified by qepsilonp, Nov 28, 2013 3:22 AM

Nov 28, 2013 2:44 AM

qepsilonp said:
MadMoon said:
In my opinion accel world s2 has a simply slim chance of geting serialized.

1.) there's nothing that really stounds out in that anime except KYH
2.)fans are enraged about haruyuki crying everysingle time and can't even decide firmly by himself
2.)The transition of the story is awful
3.) there weren't any real action, might as well turn in into a pure SoL.
3.)Burst link has a lot of insane plot holes
4)too many loop holes
5.) Kuroyukihime is slowly declining in rating maybe the fact that competing 2 anime's at a time AW/SOA
6.) SOA got a lot more feed back than accel world (FYI, they were written by he same author, there is a small chance that he'll try to improve SOA than Accel World
7.) A lot of character got usless after some time
8.) Male audience can't fondom that haruyuki is a pretty wussy bastard that got the most beautiful, one of the most respected student council president
9)seeing the feedback of accel world and SOA it's clear that they'll know concentrate SOA in making it better.
10) ending this series with nomi as the last boss would surely stain it reputation as an aniime. Surely, there on't be any kuroyukihime in this fight scen even if there was she probably wouldn't help.
11) There aren't character development so far. So many uninteresting plot that has been added. as of why I can't really say.

You do realise that accel world and SAO are done by different stuido's right which just cuts off half your points right there, and SAO on launch in japan which is the audience studios care about accel world in sales was pretty darn close to SAO. The English dubs where also done by two different companies.

And compared to there recent titles Accel world did really well for them, and Accel world did well for sunrise compared to other titles released around the same year.

Although it's almost 2014 and no announcement yet so, but there has also been no announcement of a second season of SAO but SAO got more closure than accel world.

And Accel world closely follows the light novels so other than some input from the author there is not much work on his side to be done so that argument is also out of the window.

So pleas check your fact's.

Looks like this MadMoon guy really doesn't know shit, atleast someone here does, sheesh.

Nov 28, 2013 6:40 AM

Indeed. What matters for a studio is money. If they can make money on something, they will. In the case of anime, it's in the dvd sales. If the sales are good enough, then a season 2 is almost a given (some studios never do a second season, though, just some OVAs). AW's dvd sales have been good enough, better than average, so there is money to be made. Reki himself is a hot property right now with SAO (which I admit is more popular), so I see both SAO and AW getting second seasons. Whether they get third seasons or not, depends on how well the second seasons do, DVD/BD-wise. If they tank because the audience got bored, we definitely won't see third seasons.

But it can sometimes take 1-3 years for a second season.

Dec 3, 2013 7:14 AM

Well we mustn't rush our feelings so fast! We all want a season 2 and we know that the material exists (1-24 episodes Volume 1-4, still 11 volumes to be used). LN for 2011 until 2012 for Aw was placed in 2d position after SAO with 1,033,000 copies. That's more than enough. Sales for the Dvd/Bd was pretty decent (almost 12k) and this november it was released again the first 14 episodes to Dvd/Bd (this says something). In most of the sites AW is rated to the top 20 LN animes and has nice position to all rankings (top anime-female char-LN etc). AW is a 2 cour anime, 2 cour animes have a small break after season 1 (1-2 years) and then based to the sales of the extras they continue or not. Studios (sunrise) had decent sales from season 1 (not the biggest, but pretty good), almost 1 year has passed from season 1, LN continues to "rock", Dvd/Bd sales will show, Fans many. The only thing that is missing is the motive from the creators. Until then support as much as u can the AW and next year we hope for the big announcement!

Dec 3, 2013 7:21 AM

Wraiyf said:
The_Core said:

it was pretty much confirmed by Reki (the author of the L.N) in an interview he did around July, so yeah there most likely will be a season 2

What do u mean?He spoke for that or he left hints about a continuation?
I'm rlly confused!

Dec 11, 2013 4:17 PM
Although by Volume 13 Accel world by looking at the art Accel world has devolved into a full on harem which is kind of disappointing. Which is probably due to pressure because Accel world is fairly popular. Or because the light novels have stopped selling so well so they are resorting to this.

it's one or the other because the out rightness is way beyond any of the other LN's before them.

And it doesn't look like parody of the harem genera as well which had been a staple of this series. But thats hard to know without actually reading it.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/8/84/Accel_World_v13_004-5.jpg/800px-Accel_World_v13_004-5.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/6/6b/Accel_World_v14_004-005.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/5/5b/Accel_World_v13_244.jpg/407px-Accel_World_v13_244.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/0/05/Accel_World_v13_223.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/d/d8/Accel_World_v13_195.jpg/407px-Accel_World_v13_195.jpg
Modified by qepsilonp, Dec 11, 2013 4:25 PM

Dec 11, 2013 7:41 PM

It's not really a harem. Accel World isn't the first to use the sexuality of it's female cast as bait to draw people in. Granted, it is a bit disappointing, but it's no harem.

Haru and Kuroyuki love each other. The only real question is Haru gaining enough self-respect and confidence and power to stand as her equal, and thus be able to accept her love. He isn't going to anyone else.

Chiyu is... complicated. He cares for her, and her for him. But that's mainly because they were really close growing up. She's going to end up with Taku. That relationship is just on hold, though, because Chiyu wants to wait until Haru is settled with Kuroyuki, before accepting Taku's feelings again. She doesn't want a repeat of the first arc mess.

Fuuko is an interesting case... later on in the LN's, it appears like she does develop feelings for him and seemingly makes some moves, but it is unclear if she really has feelings, or if she is trying to tease Kuroyuki, and goad the pair into doing something about their relationship. A sort of, "Hey, if you don't move on Haru, someone could take him away... like me."

Niko just toys with him, though deep down she does care and respect him.

Everyone else is like Niko, but mostly just friendly to him. Though there may be hints about Ash Roller; we just haven't had that aspect explored yet. But it's still not really a typical harem, because the main character's mind is already made up. There is no real chance he'll go with anyone else.

I will agree that there seems to be a bit too many female characters at the moment, gathering around Haru. I do hope that changes. I expect it will, soon, as Graphite Edge might join soon, who is male. There are a few other male candidates around as well, such as Ash Roller's male half.

But it would be a mistake to think of female friendship as somehow being a harem. I am friends with quite a few females myself; it doesn't mean they are all interested in me that way. I can only think that only a lonely guy might think that way.

Dec 12, 2013 3:06 AM
Kaijo said:
It's not really a harem. Accel World isn't the first to use the sexuality of it's female cast as bait to draw people in. Granted, it is a bit disappointing, but it's no harem.

Haru and Kuroyuki love each other. The only real question is Haru gaining enough self-respect and confidence and power to stand as her equal, and thus be able to accept her love. He isn't going to anyone else.

Chiyu is... complicated. He cares for her, and her for him. But that's mainly because they were really close growing up. She's going to end up with Taku. That relationship is just on hold, though, because Chiyu wants to wait until Haru is settled with Kuroyuki, before accepting Taku's feelings again. She doesn't want a repeat of the first arc mess.

Fuuko is an interesting case... later on in the LN's, it appears like she does develop feelings for him and seemingly makes some moves, but it is unclear if she really has feelings, or if she is trying to tease Kuroyuki, and goad the pair into doing something about their relationship. A sort of, "Hey, if you don't move on Haru, someone could take him away... like me."

Everyone else is like Niko, but mostly just friendly to him. Though there may be hints about Ash Roller; we just haven't had that aspect explored yet. But it's still not really a typical harem, because the main character's mind is already made up. There is no real chance he'll go with anyone else.

I will agree that there seems to be a bit too many female characters at the moment, gathering around Haru. I do hope that changes. I expect it will, soon, as Graphite Edge might join soon, who is male. There are a few other male candidates around as well, such as Ash Roller's male half.

But it would be a mistake to think of female friendship as somehow being a harem. I am friends with quite a few females myself; it doesn't mean they are all interested in me that way. I can only think that only a lonely guy might think that way.

when you say later on in the LN unless you read japanese which I would not disbelieve you if you said so, but if not you could have only read upto 8 completely missing Vol 7 and the last half of volume 6.

And I am talking about vol 13 & 14 admittedly only looking from the art it seems that there has been a large change in the explicit nature of the novels.

which can be seen by only looking at the art from the previous volumes and yes I have read every bit of the currently translated novels but never the less a different interpretation is certainly possible

For example Chiyu her self was going to say that if Haru had asked her out first she would have accepted it, or at least that is heavily implied not only when she first said it but though multiple scenes soon after.

But I don't think that Fuuko is simply toying with kuroyukihime because not all of the moments where she shows that kind of affection to Haru is in front of her although she always brinsg up those moments in front of kuroyukihime it would be far more efficient to do it in front of her if that was the goal. instead she steals those few moments although she probably thinks Haru will end up with kuroyukihime and wont actually make any real moves towards him because of that.

The red king I just don't think there has been enough screen time to really see behind her intentions although I would tend to agree with you if this wasn't an anime primarily aimed at teenage boys we have seen the I hate you but love you too many times for it not to be a distinct possibility given the pacing of the anime which is very slow it could just be that Reki is just taking his time.

and if you were to look at the art in 13 / 14 you will see no sign of ash roller being a part of naga nebulous, again its only art which is very thin on the ground so it is still a possibility but it is much reduced.

and finally Haru see's kuroyukihime as a kind of god in that he worships her, this however is not a ideal situation to believe that you are worthy of anything more than subservience. Which if Haru could find someone who he believed he was worthy of before he could climb over that misconception it is highly possible he could be romantically involved with someone other than kuroyukihime.

It is however I think unlikely but it is not a possibility that should be dismissed out of hand. Given this opening which is larger than you think it might be someone like this

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/9/95/Accel_World_v09_004-5.jpg/800px-Accel_World_v09_004-5.jpg

Might be able to take haru's romantic interest at least for a while, although this person would almost certainly not be able to take away Haru from kuroyukihime completely at most only partially but it would create tension between them and deeply hurt kuroyukihime so that could be the catalyst to get them together because first Haru seeing how much he had hurt kuroyukihime might get it though his head that she is completely serious, second this would let Haru see that she is no god but just a human or in kuroyukihime's words

"“I am only a foolish and powerless middle school student. Standing in the same place as you, a human breathing the same air."

Don't you think that would be an interesting way of getting them together?

But I'm kind of getting off point most harem anime have a character which it is clear that person will get with from the get go.

And I used to have a lot of girls who were friends well I still do but we are not as close as we used to be but I still understand. But given the target audience, and there actions and about 10 other reasons I don't believe it is a impossibility that accel world could devolve into a harem, a well executed harem but a harem non the less.

Dec 12, 2013 4:13 AM

qepsilonp said:
Kaijo said:

when you say later on in the LN unless you read japanese which I would not disbelieve you if you said so, but if not you could have only read upto 8 completely missing Vol 7 and the last half of volume 6.

And I am talking about vol 13 & 14 admittedly only looking from the art it seems that there has been a large change in the explicit nature of the novels.

which can be seen by only looking at the art from the previous volumes and yes I have read every bit of the currently translated novels but never the less a different interpretation is certainly possible

For example Chiyu her self was going to say that if Haru had asked her out first she would have accepted it, or at least that is heavily implied not only when she first said it but though multiple scenes soon after.

But I don't think that Fuuko is simply toying with kuroyukihime because not all of the moments where she shows that kind of affection to Haru is in front of her although she always brinsg up those moments in front of kuroyukihime it would be far more efficient to do it in front of her if that was the goal. instead she steals those few moments although she probably thinks Haru will end up with kuroyukihime and wont actually make any real moves towards him because of that.

The red king I just don't think there has been enough screen time to really see behind her intentions although I would tend to agree with you if this wasn't an anime primarily aimed at teenage boys we have seen the I hate you but love you too many times for it not to be a distinct possibility given the pacing of the anime which is very slow it could just be that Reki is just taking his time.

and if you were to look at the art in 13 / 14 you will see no sign of ash roller being a part of naga nebulous, again its only art which is very thin on the ground so it is still a possibility but it is much reduced.

and finally Haru see's kuroyukihime as a kind of god in that he worships her, this however is not a ideal situation to believe that you are worthy of anything more than subservience. Which if Haru could find someone who he believed he was worthy of before he could climb over that misconception it is highly possible he could be romantically involved with someone other than kuroyukihime.

It is however I think unlikely but it is not a possibility that should be dismissed out of hand. Given this opening which is larger than you think it might be someone like this

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/9/95/Accel_World_v09_004-5.jpg/800px-Accel_World_v09_004-5.jpg

Might be able to take haru's romantic interest at least for a while, although this person would almost certainly not be able to take away Haru from kuroyukihime completely at most only partially but it would create tension between them and deeply hurt kuroyukihime so that could be the catalyst to get them together because first Haru seeing how much he had hurt kuroyukihime might get it though his head that she is completely serious, second this would let Haru see that she is no god but just a human or in kuroyukihime's words

"“I am only a foolish and powerless middle school student. Standing in the same place as you, a human breathing the same air."

Don't you think that would be an interesting way of getting them together?

But I'm kind of getting off point most harem anime have a character which it is clear that person will get with from the get go.

And I used to have a lot of girls who were friends well I still do but we are not as close as we used to be but I still understand. But given the target audience, and there actions and about 10 other reasons I don't believe it is a impossibility that accel world could devolve into a harem, a well executed harem but a harem non the less.

dude, to be honest if you're only saying this from looking at the art work, you're quite immature, what's the saying again? "Don't judge a book by it's cover"
well I don't read japanese, but one of my best friends does, she's read all the Accel World L.N so far, and she's commented saying that although the images give the impression, it isn't like that at all.
also... we didn't ask for the life story about your friends...

Dec 12, 2013 5:36 AM

qepsilonp said:

There are plenty of people who do read Japanese and provide summaries if you're interested. There are other Accel World forums out there that you might seek out if you are curious. That way, you aren't just hearing it from me.

Oh, no doubt. She is very close to both Taku and Haru, and would have gone out with either. But remember she also told Haru to become Kuriyuki's boyfriend. If Taku and Kuroyuki died, she'd probably be the one to hook up with him, but her love is not something you can put in a simple basket. It's the strong love of a very close friend, which can be close to that of a lover. If you've never had such a person in your life, it can be difficult to understand.

I only brought up Ash Roller as a possibility. I suppose, if you don't really know Ash Roller's real life situation, then it might be confusing to understand. But there is something odd going on with Ash Roller, as two people are involved in the character; a brother and sister.

You should probably understand who that person is before you attempt to draw conclusions about them. That's Rin, aka, Ash Roller.... kinda. Rin has a brother who is in a coma. She started wearing his neuro linker in order to be close to him, and it was at that point that Fuuko made her a Burst Linker. Ash Roller was born... but Rin isn't in control. She's like a bystander, watching Ash Roller, a distinct separate personality. And once you do read the later LN's and learn about Fluxlights and how BB works, you begin to understand what exactly is happening here. She has issues, which play into this scene. That is not to say she doesn't have feelings for him; she does, but it's kinda complex.

In short, it's easy to look at pictures and a get a different idea of what is going on. I'd highly suggest you look in other forums and across the net for summaries and synopsis of what happens in the untranslated LNs, before you draw conclusions about what is happening.

Dec 12, 2013 3:25 PM
Wraiyf said:

dude, to be honest if you're only saying this from looking at the art work, you're quite immature, what's the saying again? "Don't judge a book by it's cover"
well I don't read japanese, but one of my best friends does, she's read all the Accel World L.N so far, and she's commented saying that although the images give the impression, it isn't like that at all.
also... we didn't ask for the life story about your friends...

And what did I say several times

"admittedly only looking from the art it *seems* that there has been a large change in the explicit nature of the novels."

"But thats *hard* to know without actually reading it."

"a different interpretation is certainly *possible*"

"which is very slow it *could* just be that Reki is just taking his time."

"I think it's *unlikely* but it is not a *possibility* that should be dismissed out of hand."

"I don't *believe* it is a *impossibility* that accel world *could* devolve into a harem."

And other clarifying statements which blatantly admitted I could very well be wrong

And also I don't think that 1 sentence which was replying to what someone else said makes a life story there "life story" was actually a paragraph rather than a single sentence.

Maybe you should learn to read closer before biting someone's head off a**
Modified by qepsilonp, Dec 12, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 12, 2013 3:58 PM
Kaijo said:

Oh, no doubt. She is very close to both Taku and Haru, and would have gone out with either. But remember she also told Haru to become Kuriyuki's boyfriend. If Taku and Kuroyuki died, she'd probably be the one to hook up with him, but her love is not something you can put in a simple basket. It's the strong love of a very close friend, which can be close to that of a lover. If you've never had such a person in your life, it can be difficult to understand.

The hole point of this was to say that there was a possibility and dude I personally would not use the logic that I use in real life for animes and I would neither use the logic that I use for animes in real real life.

either are a mistake although the latter would be a much larger mistake obviously, so stop making assumptions about what my real life opinions when I am talking about an anime and I am using my experience of other amines to make judgements on anime not my real life experiences or at least I try to remove my self from my own real life bais as much as possible.

Also I am using other information like target audience etc etc and how that audience is usually pandered to to draw conclusions

Kaijo said:
In short, it's easy to look at pictures and a get a different idea of what is going on

I said my self several times in different ways that it would be hard to know anything really without reading it for your self and the best that can be done is conjecture from that.

Which is exactly what I was doing there, but when I said might be someone like this I didn't mean that person in particular which is why I said might be someone like this.

Edit;

And no I don't think I will look at the summaries because that would be too much of a spolier the only reason I was looking at the art was because I know that not too much information would be in them, where as a summary would have just enough information to ruin the story for me.

Edit 2;

***Spoilers for SAO and AW***

anyways talking about conjecture but more firmly rooted conjecture do you think its possible that the green king is the developer of brain burst? I only say it because he doesn't appear to talk so he might not give orders. His HP has never went into the yellow. He seems to have a game breaking strength.

Which sounds like the developer of SAO sounds a bit too much like using the same trick twice and considering that happened in the first volume of SAO it would be far to easy to see it coming.

Second do you think the white king is Black Lotus's parent? I say this because kuroyukihime said that she didn't want to talk about her parent and she also didn't want to talk about the white king and I'm pretty sure she used the same reason both times that she didn't want to lose Haru to her/them

Also the white king sent a representatives for the first and second king meeting after the rebirth of nega nebulus which for the first ever king meeting I don't think she did I'm pretty sure it was stated in the third ever king meeting where Haru gets checked for the disaster armour that the white king was there.

Which would kind of make sence for her to do if Black Lotus was going to be there considering she said she would like nothing more than to cut off her head along with some other stuff.
Modified by qepsilonp, Dec 13, 2013 3:46 AM

Dec 13, 2013 5:33 AM

qepsilonp said:

The hole point of this was to say that there was a possibility and dude I personally would not use the logic that I use in real life for animes and I would neither use the logic that I use for animes in real real life.

either are a mistake although the latter would be a much larger mistake obviously, so stop making assumptions about what my real life opinions when I am talking about an anime and I am using my experience of other amines to make judgements on anime not my real life experiences or at least I try to remove my self from my own real life bais as much as possible.

Also I am using other information like target audience etc etc and how that audience is usually pandered to to draw conclusions

You ever hear "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Actually, it would be pretty dangerous for you to presume what kind of story this is aiming for, by pictures from many LN's later. Most people would judge it by the first few LN's, and only the ones interested by that, would keep reading. The first few LN's have no real sign of a harem.

anyways talking about conjecture but more firmly rooted conjecture do you think its possible that the green king is the developer of brain burst? I only say it because he doesn't appear to talk so he might not give orders. His HP has never went into the yellow. He seems to have a game breaking strength.

Nope, he isn't. Most of the king's, and lv9's for that matter, have game-breaking strengths. The reason is that they put all their level-up bonuses into their strength, and unlocked a game-breaking power upon reaching Lv9. Black Lotus got absolute cutting, which means she can cut and defeat anything that has lower stats or level than her. Also, there are the 7 arcs, items with unbelievable power. The Green King has one in the form of that shield.

Second do you think the white king is Black Lotus's parent? I say this because kuroyukihime said that she didn't want to talk about her parent and she also didn't want to talk about the white king and I'm pretty sure she used the same reason both times that she didn't want to lose Haru to her/them

This is answered in the LNs.

Dec 13, 2013 2:33 PM
Kaijo said:

Nope, he isn't. Most of the king's, and lv9's for that matter, have game-breaking strengths. The reason is that they put all their level-up bonuses into their strength, and unlocked a game-breaking power upon reaching Lv9. Black Lotus got absolute cutting, which means she can cut and defeat anything that has lower stats or level than her. Also, there are the 7 arcs, items with unbelievable power. The Green King has one in the form of that shield.

Well no actually he is the only one to take down a legend class enemy by him self, which black lotus could not do, when she fought in one of the side stories although it did have a burst linker atop of it all of the power seemed to come from the tamed enemy. And never once even going into yellow though his hole career from level 1 to level 9 which is what I took that to mean.

It could be that they meant as a king he has never been taken into yellow HP but I thought they meant the former, Which if not that is far less suspect and I would tend to agree with you.

Kaijo said:

You ever hear "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Actually, it would be pretty dangerous for you to presume what kind of story this is aiming for, by pictures from many LN's later. Most people would judge it by the first few LN's, and only the ones interested by that, would keep reading. The first few LN's have no real sign of a harem.

AND FOR F** SAKE DUDE THE TWO FRIST THING IS SAID WERE

"But thats hard to know without actually reading it."

"admittedly only looking from the art it seems that there has been a large change in the explicit nature of the novels."

I very clearly stated my assumptions were based on shaky ground at best so let it go. Have you never heard of a hypothetical before which is not supposed to have much basis. It is more just stretching your imagination than really trying to guess what's going on.

And being wrong about what a book is going to be about as long as you are prepared to read it is not a bad thing. It will just mean you will be even more surprised when the plot is unveiled which is not dangerous at all in fact its a good thing.

So stop being so scared about being wrong, and bothered about other people being wrong unless they say because of there shakily built assumptions there not going to read it. Then I would agree with you completely that that person is a retard.

Kaijo said:

The first few LN's have no real sign of a harem.

And I think we need to have a definition of Harem just copied and pasted from the top of wiki.

"broadly, is an ambiguously-defined subgenre of anime and manga characterized by a protagonist surrounded, usually amorously, by three or more members of the opposing sex and/or love interests.[1] The most common and practically tantamount scenario is a male-oriented harem anime where the main male character is surrounded by a group of females;"

The most lose definition would certainly make Accel world a Harem, but so would 20-40% of anime even using this definition I don't think it is anywhere near its main Genre Sci-fi is but its second or third would be Harem.

The more stringent definition meaning the characters and/or love interests would be hard to prove and it is debatable.

the third and most exclusive definition being surrounded amorously by three or more members of the opposing sex is patently false for Accel world

But the loosest of definitions is still correct because "usually amorously" and "sex and/or love interests." are not necessary for a harem.

It is just that Harems have became so extreme that if your going to go the Harem route it is usual that it will be extremely over stated, and as one studio tries to out do the other and the audience becomes acclimatized to the highly sexualized atmosphere of a large majority of anime it becomes more extreme.
Modified by qepsilonp, Dec 13, 2013 3:10 PM

Dec 13, 2013 7:19 PM

qepsilonp said:

Well no actually he is the only one to take down a legend class enemy by him self, which black lotus could not do, when she fought in one of the side stories although it did have a burst linker atop of it all of the power seemed to come from the tamed enemy. And never once even going into yellow though his hole career from level 1 to level 9 which is what I took that to mean.

I'm not sure what you're even arguing about at this point. But more than one person has taken down a legend class enemy. The Blue King has the "Legend Killer" title, and even Black Lotus is hinted to have taken down an enemy of that level.

I very clearly stated my assumptions were based on shaky ground at best so let it go. Have you never heard of a hypothetical before which is not supposed to have much basis. It is more just stretching your imagination than really trying to guess what's going on.

You seem to be the one most bothered about it, based upon your use of caps. You've acknowledged you were wrong, though, so we can move on from this.

And I think we need to have a definition of Harem just copied and pasted from the top of wiki.

It's great that you copied the "official" definition, but it isn't the one most anime fans recognize. Ask any anime fan what a harem is, and they'll tell it is where more than a couple of women are actively going after a main male protagonist in a romantic fashion, and it usually is the focus of the series.

Having said that, I might agree that the official definition does give AW an extremely loose end of the spectrum. But it's not something that most anime fans would classify as such. After all, Graphite Edge is male and was part of early Nega Nebulous, and thus friends with BL and the Elements (as he was part of the Elements). But they weren't his harem. Most people understand, and draw a line between, "girl who is just a friend" and "girl who wants to be a girlfriend."

Dec 15, 2013 6:12 PM
Kaijo said:

It's great that you copied the "official" definition, but it isn't the one most anime fans recognize. Ask any anime fan what a harem is, and they'll tell it is where more than a couple of women are actively going after a main male protagonist in a romantic fashion, and it usually is the focus of the series.

Having said that, I might agree that the official definition does give AW an extremely loose end of the spectrum. But it's not something that most anime fans would classify as such. After all, Graphite Edge is male and was part of early Nega Nebulous, and thus friends with BL and the Elements (as he was part of the Elements). But they weren't his harem. Most people understand, and draw a line between, "girl who is just a friend" and "girl who wants to be a girlfriend."

Well I still may not have made my self clear I still think that Fuuko and Chiyuri have romantic feelings towards Haru, even if they wont fully act on them for there own reasons.

The reasons why I believe Chiyuri has romantic feelings towards Haru is because first she almost said she would have dated Haru, she gets jelly every time she thinks that Haru and kuroyukihime are getting busy because kuroyukihime has stayed at his place. But she told Haru to become kuroyukihime's girlfriend and that could definitely seal the deal. which also brings into question weather Chiyuri with all her heart wanted Haru to become kuroyukihime's girlfriend which brings into question weather Chiyuri omitted any other details.

Also the reason why I think Chiyuri does not act on her feeling is because she doesn't want to split up Taku, Haru and her self which if she did date Haru as much as Taku says he would accept it, It would drive them apart.

Fuuko is a lot easier in my opinion why I think she has feelings is again she is angry when she thinks they have been getting busy or get romantically intimate, this could just be due to Fuuko being jealous of Haru for taking kuroyukihime away from her as a friend...

"dw I don't think Fuuko has romantic feelings towards Kuroyukihime :D"

But this makes no sense because other than when kuroyukihime and Haru are being romantically intimate she does not have a problem with Haru or anyone else interacting with kuroyukihime friendly.

But she doesn't act on it because she simply is Kuroyukihimes old friend first and foremost so she wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that friendship which has only been recently mended, plus Haru I don't think would return her feelings even if she came out to him straight so its a lose lose for her to do so.

So if my assumptions where correct they have romantic feelings towards Haru but do not act on them for there own reasons so it would meet the second more narrow definition of a Harem.

There are also smaller hints that Fuuko has feeling other than friendship towards Haru but I can't be bother to list them this is going to be long enough as is.

So to your point about drawing a line between girl friend and a friend upto say Vol 6.5 which is all I have read without a missing part would call Kuroyukihime, Fuuko, Chiyrui, Yuniko, Pard all Haru's friends. The only surprise in there that you might have is Kuroyukihime the reason why I say that is because for a lack of a better word Haru and Kuroyukihime are still "dating" that word is too strong but too light at the same time I think too strong because Haru doesn't meet up with Kuroyukihime to become more romantically involved with Kuroyukihime but they already have just strong feelings for one and other that there past the initial dating phase.

Fuuko and Chiyuri a certainly friends with Haru and have no intentions of changing that as I said for there own reasons. This doesn't as I clearly laid out, mean they don't have romantic feelings towards Haru its just the situations don't really allow them to act upon those feelings.

Kind of like but not really like Liz in SAO but less annoying :D Na I kinda enjoyed that side story at least there weren't any time skips...

My point is just because someone is your friend doesn't mean they don't have romantic feelings towards you or visa versa it could be that you even have feelings for one and other but feelings and relationship status are two completely different topics which involve a lot of complication.

Although because for at least the time being either way Fuuko and Chiyuri have no intention of making a move on Haru one could think of this as a romance rather than a harem but by my reckoning there are definitely 3 or more romantic interests pointed towards the main character.

But for me it shows the strength of there friendships to sacrifice a part of them self to keep there friendships, it is certainly not a negative thing in my eyes.

And as much as you keep saying that I don't understand having a girl who is a friend I can assure you I do, have also had the hard choice of not dating someone who I had feelings for and I knew would return those feeling because I would lose friends over it.

My experience with the former is much greater however so I think my bias is actually opposite to what think it is.
Modified by qepsilonp, Dec 16, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 31, 2013 5:35 PM

Reki's SAO got a second season. Wouldn't be surprised if this did too. Fingers crossed.

Dec 31, 2013 5:36 PM
Jenaimemepas said:
Reki's SAO got a second season. Wouldn't be surprised if this did too. Fingers crossed.

i hope you are right for me Accel World is better than Sword Art Online

Jan 1, 2014 5:25 AM
j0x said:
Jenaimemepas said:

Agreed especially after aincrad and if you thought Alfheim was bad wait for Gun Gale Online, although given the greater amount of action it might actually be good as an anime. Although I was only able to stand 7 or 8 chapters of Gun Gale Online so I can't really say weather it has a lot of action throughout and the first 3 chapters had no action at all but they got that out of the way in the special episode.

Still going to watch it though because the previous anime was good, but at the same time the first book was also good so, but I will at least give it a good crack.

Oh and for comparison I haven't been bored with any of the fan translated LN's for Accel world, except maybe the ISS Kit storyline but thats probably because I was not able to read volume 6 chapter 6 And all of Volume 7 except for the first chapter. which Vol 6 C6 is where the ISS kit storyline starts so saying I didn't like the ark is like saying you didn't like a movie because you dropped in right at the end.

Jan 1, 2014 6:49 AM
j0x said:
Jenaimemepas said:

Hm... Yeah, It's obvious that Accel World is better than Sword Art Online
If only SAO didn't screw up in ALO arc, The result would be hard to decide

Jan 2, 2014 8:14 PM
Kavierz said:
j0x said:
Jenaimemepas said:

Hm... Yeah, It's obvious that Accel World is better than Sword Art Online
If only SAO didn't screw up in ALO arc, The result would be hard to decide

Eh I think the dusk taker ark was a bit weak, but not as weak as Alfheim. But if they ever make a season 2 we have Floating Bridge in Starlight ark to look forward to so the anime will again start strong.

But for SAO its Gun Gail Online so... eh...

Also if there is a next season V6C7 to V7C10 will be included which have not been fan translated yet. But 8 finishes with a cliff hanger so if the anime stopped there I think I would have to take a flight to Japan and burn down some studios.

Really though they would HAVE to have an OVA just to end the cliff hanger its that bad.

But as of yet there is only 1 other side story they could cover in an anime so they could end it on a somewhat less of a cliff hanger somewhere in the next chapter but from reading 11 that wouldn't really be possible... OH FUCK I'M NOT SURE I WANT ANOTHER ACCEL WORLD ANIME!!! I HATE CLIFF HANGERS!!!

Especially in 24 episode season amines because there are like 2-3 years in-between realises... Hummm in 2 - 3 years I might not even like anime any more for gods sakes.
Modified by qepsilonp, Jan 2, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 30, 2014 8:09 PM
I've been seeing a lot about contrast of the two series, and how SAO overshadowed AW, but I want to point something out: both series of light novels were written by the same author. Reki Kawahara authored both, and he's been doing an amazing job.

Jan 31, 2014 5:14 PM
Although Sword Art Online received more attention and hype than Accel World, for the most part, I think that Accel World was far more accomplished and better in all aspects than the current episodes of Sword Art Online.

However if they wished to do a second season for Accel World it would have be far wiser to complete Accel World than release Sword Art Online as it literally trampled all over it.

The way its going, several of the volumes were left untouched in anime adaption, there is a possibility are Gun Gale Online is released, work on AW Season 2 may start.

Feb 6, 2014 7:59 PM
I think they should make Accel World Season 2 because i need to see the real ending not how Sky Raker and Black Lotus meet again to be bestfriends...
So Please make another season for other Anime Lover ^_^

Feb 12, 2014 9:48 PM

BlueHeartAnime said:
I think they should make Accel World Season 2 because i need to see the real ending not how Sky Raker and Black Lotus meet again to be bestfriends...
So Please make another season for other Anime Lover ^_^

apparently the project's been canned recently, so now there most likely isn't a season 2.. not for a while at any rate.

Feb 19, 2014 6:20 AM

Wraiyf said:
apparently the project's been canned recently, so now there most likely isn't a season 2.. not for a while at any rate.

Do you have a source on that?

Feb 21, 2014 10:26 PM

Kaijo said:
Wraiyf said:

Do you have a source on that?

If you check Sunrise Studio's official website (I think you gotta go to the JP one) you goto search projects, eventually you get to the lists of shows that they're doing, and Accel World is no longer on it, so either it's been canned, or is on hold.

Feb 22, 2014 11:55 AM

That's no different than any other anime. All it means is that Accel World is not currently in production, or is being kept under wraps. SAO season 2 wasn't on any websites, either, until I believe recently it was announced it was getting a season 2. That's just how the anime industry works. We may or may not get a season 2, but there is no way to know for sure at this point.

Feb 22, 2014 7:13 PM

Kaijo said:
That's no different than any other anime. All it means is that Accel World is not currently in production, or is being kept under wraps. SAO season 2 wasn't on any websites, either, until I believe recently it was announced it was getting a season 2. That's just how the anime industry works. We may or may not get a season 2, but there is no way to know for sure at this point.

that may be true, however after 2-3yrs you think they'd put it under production again, but Sunrise haven't. Also SAO II had been rumored to be under the works since it finished airing season 1 in 2012, so everyone was expecting a season 2 anyways. Just keep checking the AW Twitter I guess, or Reki's, to look for information, but they rarely tweet about A.W these days except for novel releases.

Feb 24, 2014 12:01 AM

Wraiyf said:
that may be true, however after 2-3yrs you think they'd put it under production again, but Sunrise haven't. Also SAO II had been rumored to be under the works since it finished airing season 1 in 2012, so everyone was expecting a season 2 anyways. Just keep checking the AW Twitter I guess, or Reki's, to look for information, but they rarely tweet about A.W these days except for novel releases.

It takes quite a bit of time to plan out and produce an anime season. It's only been a year and a half. And different companies move at different speeds, depending on priority. Also depends on contract license terms. Perhaps they wanted Reki exclusively on SAO's season 2 first, since it was more popular. And then once that's done, they'll start up work on Accel World season 2. Who knows? Lots of different reasons for delays, and for a company to remain tight-lipped on upcoming projects.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »