Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Do you think Accel World will be having season 2?

Oct 1, 2012 11:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Yeah same here I'm kinda irritated on how SAO's Progress too many fillers and time skip.. unlike AW... but in AW i kinda hate Haru's personality a bit


OMG YES I know exactly what you mean especially the Dusk Taker Part but anyway i like both SAO and AW and HS DxD but DxD is only good in the Novel and SAO sucks in anime form kinda but I want a new season of Accel World SOOO BAD!!!!
<(^-^<)<(^-^)>(>^-^)> Kirby dance!!!
Not Everything is in Black and White their is much Grey
 
Oct 3, 2012 11:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
I don't get why people start comparing SAO and AW... those are not fillers in SAO, some episodes are use to make the story more clear to ppl who don't know anything about Kirito and just you have to read the light novel to help understand more about SAO. Ok, back to topic, AW musts have season 2 and even season 3. It will end in season 3 if those anime producer allow it to be produced, but they have to, AW is the best story even thought it can't go like Naruto or One piece with 10000000..... eps but they have to show all of it.

SAO and AW need season 2 and 3 or maybe more, it can't just end there because we still don't know what's the name Kuroyukihime and also the answer of "Is Kuroyukihime the daughter of Kirito and Asuna?"
 
Oct 3, 2012 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3414
swordfire said:
I don't get why people start comparing SAO and AW... those are not fillers in SAO, some episodes are use to make the story more clear to ppl who don't know anything about Kirito and just you have to read the light novel to help understand more about SAO. Ok, back to topic, AW musts have season 2 and even season 3. It will end in season 3 if those anime producer allow it to be produced, but they have to, AW is the best story even thought it can't go like Naruto or One piece with 10000000..... eps but they have to show all of it.

SAO and AW need season 2 and 3 or maybe more, it can't just end there because we still don't know what's the name Kuroyukihime and also the answer of "Is Kuroyukihime the daughter of Kirito and Asuna?"

What she said.


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Oct 17, 2012 7:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 202
I really really hope to watch Accel World Season 2! that will unravel the mystery of real name of Kuroyukihime and creator of brain burst.
 
Oct 17, 2012 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
There's still the ARS (Black Vise's group) to deal with though. But revealing the mystery of KYH could be possible.
 
Oct 18, 2012 6:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 202
Because I really really hope to see The Biggest Mystery of Creator of Brain Burst is going to unravelled in Accel World Season 2.
 
Oct 18, 2012 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
But I don't think the author would reveal it so quickly.
 
Oct 19, 2012 5:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
"Accel World season 1 is completed. The second season is to be announced upon the ending of Sword Art Online which should be more slow paced on the second court."
 
Oct 28, 2012 2:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
i wish they do create the season 2....please!!!!!!
 
Nov 1, 2012 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 87
SeerHu said:
Because I really really hope to see The Biggest Mystery of Creator of Brain Burst is going to unravelled in Accel World Season 2.

This won't happen in season 2, that's 100%..
Probably not in season 3 too, unless they decide to cut many stuff out and wait for novel to finish.. So not gonna happen...

I would be actually VERY happy, if we would even see someone reaching level 10 in the end... But probably not gonna happen too outside of novel :(
 
Nov 3, 2012 1:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
And there's the possibility that the plot might turn from "the journey to Level 10 and the battle against the Six Kings" to "the quest to wipe out all cheaters". I know we want the former to eventually happen, but right now, the flow of the story points to the latter.
 
Nov 4, 2012 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19137
ninjaluc79 said:
And there's the possibility that the plot might turn from "the journey to Level 10 and the battle against the Six Kings" to "the quest to wipe out all cheaters". I know we want the former to eventually happen, but right now, the flow of the story points to the latter.

They'll just make a season 3 for the first, and season 2 will be about the latter.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Nov 6, 2012 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
Even if one of the cheaters is a King of Pure Color?
 
Nov 12, 2012 4:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
swordfire said:
I don't get why people start comparing SAO and AW... those are not fillers in SAO, some episodes are use to make the story more clear to ppl who don't know anything about Kirito and just you have to read the light novel to help understand more about SAO. Ok, back to topic, AW musts have season 2 and even season 3. It will end in season 3 if those anime producer allow it to be produced, but they have to, AW is the best story even thought it can't go like Naruto or One piece with 10000000..... eps but they have to show all of it.

SAO and AW need season 2 and 3 or maybe more, it can't just end there because we still don't know what's the name Kuroyukihime and also the answer of "Is Kuroyukihime the daughter of Kirito and Asuna?"
what would be amazing is if kirito was the one who made the game whahaha
 
Nov 13, 2012 5:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 45
swordfire said:
I don't get why people start comparing SAO and AW... those are not fillers in SAO, some episodes are use to make the story more clear to ppl who don't know anything about Kirito and just you have to read the light novel to help understand more about SAO. Ok, back to topic, AW musts have season 2 and even season 3. It will end in season 3 if those anime producer allow it to be produced, but they have to, AW is the best story even thought it can't go like Naruto or One piece with 10000000..... eps but they have to show all of it.

SAO and AW need season 2 and 3 or maybe more, it can't just end there because we still don't know what's the name Kuroyukihime and also the answer of "Is Kuroyukihime the daughter of Kirito and Asuna?"

True, even if AW gets many bad comments, i always thought that AW has the best story and Character from all of the anime i've ever seen.
And I don't think that kuroyukihime is the daughter of Kirito and Asuna.
Sorry For my Bad English lol

 
Nov 13, 2012 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
The fisrt season cover 4 book of the light novel, if a second seson will be aired, and i damn hope so, and the production continue this way another 24 episodes will cover book 8, now we have 12 books and is going on.

Probably 3-4 season of 24 episodes are needed for the full opera, i hope to see them all.
 
Nov 13, 2012 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3414
Maharid said:
i MUST see them all.
Fixed.


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Nov 14, 2012 9:46 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3075
Zel_Ezl said:
I hope there will be a season 2.

What about defeating Sulfur Pot? Black Vise? Rust Jigsaw?


ninjaluc79 said:
There's still the ARS (Black Vise's group) to deal with though. But revealing the mystery of KYH could be possible.


That's exactly what I want to know. NOBODY answered about this, really?! (I mean I never thought why some people thought my post was hilarious & make zero sense whatsoever till it bugs me in my head & just can't let go.)
Modified by JafriZin, May 20, 2013 10:26 AM
 
Nov 19, 2012 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
No worries, that would most likely be covered in Season 2.
 
Nov 21, 2012 9:19 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3075
ninjaluc79 said:
No worries, that would most likely be covered in Season 2.


I hope so. I personally get easily get irritated sometimes with a things like that.
Modified by JafriZin, Dec 18, 2012 5:23 AM
 
Dec 19, 2012 8:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 30
AznHero said:
DarthVantos said:
No sales no second season.

And SAO just came through to wipe this anime off the face of the planet. They should have let Accel World finish before releasing the kraken they basically stabbed themselves in the foot.


I think Accel World is better than SAO in its own way, also I kinda find the way SAO time skips a bit awkward for me
I agree 100% they rushed SAO way to much and didn't give enough time to build bonds with certain characters out of the series however it is still good in it's own way, Accel World was a lot better IMO, it was immersive and very well constructed, I really hope that there is a Season 2 because this anime has such a cliff hanger from hell
 
Dec 22, 2012 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3527
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turn into pig in virtual world ! Also, It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

I would like to see second season for SAO.
Modified by thepath, Dec 22, 2012 10:20 AM
 
Dec 22, 2012 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19137
thepath said:
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turns into pig in virtual world ! It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

I would like to see second season for SAO

*Facepalm*

You do know, that the sales for AW have nothing to do with the sale of SAO, and that both sold well.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Dec 22, 2012 10:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1803
and that both suck
 
Dec 22, 2012 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3019
Shaduge said:
and that both suck
I like Accel World better than SAO.
 
Dec 22, 2012 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19137
Shaduge said:
and that both suck

Mind projection fallacy.

BASICALLY.





Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Dec 22, 2012 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 92
no, he is not.
hate capital letters.
deal with it.
 
Dec 23, 2012 2:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19137
FineBreeder said:
no, he is not.

Yes he is, and if he responded to my fact (they sold well) with an opinion without any validity then it's he's still wrong.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Dec 23, 2012 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 363
thepath said:
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turn into pig in virtual world ! Also, It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

I would like to see second season for SAO.
'

I would rather have a fat boy pig MC compared to a mary sue MC aka Kirito.
 
Dec 23, 2012 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24365
hopefully they will fix the major proplems this anime has but i doubt it
 
Dec 24, 2012 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19137
Vaskr said:
thepath said:
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turn into pig in virtual world ! Also, It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

I would like to see second season for SAO.
'

I would rather have a fat boy pig MC compared to a mary sue MC aka Kirito.

Wrong, Kirito is not a Gary Stu as he does not fit any of the characteristics of Gary Stu to be one.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Dec 24, 2012 11:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
I'm simply amazed at the arrogance of so many haters.
Simply put, both animes have been amazing, both were successful, both have been left open for second seasons, and both will most likely HAVE second seasons.

They've already made it apparent that the two worlds are connected, We get to see in AW that the Nerve Gear was a thing of the past. Honestly, if you watched SAO, the way they linked the VRMMO's together kind of gave me the feeling that the linking of all the MMO's is what lead to the technology for AW. They may or may not have intended it, but it oddly shows technology progression in a fitting manor.

Seriously, They're both great in their own way. As for people hating on Haru; A) It's ****ing Anime. B) I'd like to see you do better if you were in Haru's shoes.

I have a feeling the director intends to make SAO slowly show technology progression to get to, or near AW's state of technology. Just wait, soon enough SAO characters will be getting the microchips Nomi had (barbaric and exploitable technology.) installed, furthering my point. :P
 
Dec 24, 2012 1:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3019
Tinytox said:
I'm simply amazed at the arrogance of so many haters.
Simply put, both animes have been amazing, both were successful, both have been left open for second seasons, and both will most likely HAVE second seasons.

They've already made it apparent that the two worlds are connected, We get to see in AW that the Nerve Gear was a thing of the past. Honestly, if you watched SAO, the way they linked the VRMMO's together kind of gave me the feeling that the linking of all the MMO's is what lead to the technology for AW. They may or may not have intended it, but it oddly shows technology progression in a fitting manor.

Seriously, They're both great in their own way. As for people hating on Haru; A) It's ****ing Anime. B) I'd like to see you do better if you were in Haru's shoes.

I have a feeling the director intends to make SAO slowly show technology progression to get to, or near AW's state of technology. Just wait, soon enough SAO characters will be getting the microchips Nomi had (barbaric and exploitable technology.) installed, furthering my point. :P


Well put defending Haru. ^^ I found the amount of hates toward him disheartening
 
Dec 24, 2012 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24365
speaking as a hater for this anime my proplem was not haru like most fans of this series think when it comes to haters, i mean putting haru aside the other charcters were not good , the romance is weak , the action and battle are short and bad and the story wasn't that interesting to be honest , brain burst in itself is really a cool idea but the plot isn't.
well there is will be a season 2 so i hope they make it way better :)
 
Dec 25, 2012 9:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
tsudecimo said:
speaking as a hater for this anime my proplem was not haru like most fans of this series think when it comes to haters, i mean putting haru aside the other charcters were not good , the romance is weak , the action and battle are short and bad and the story wasn't that interesting to be honest , brain burst in itself is really a cool idea but the plot isn't.
well there is will be a season 2 so i hope they make it way better :)


So SAO is more interesting to you? Then if you want a Gary Stu MC, please drop AW and watch SAO. End of story.

If you're going to give me an interesting MC at least give me one who simply cannot win against a major villain (but still can if he powers up). Kirito only ever loses to a character we won't ever see again. He doesn't even break a sweat when fighting the toughest opponents.

Sorry, but I don't think so. If you're looking forward to the battle against the Six Kings in Season 2, you would be disappointed. It will not happen just yet. Haru has to deal with his CD Armor, Nega Nebulus still needs to recruit the Four Elements back, and the ARS still has to be dealt with.

I'll say this again:

I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY CALL CLICHE ON A FAT MC AND YET THEY EXPECT HIM TO FOLLOW THE SAME COOKIE CUTTER DESIGN THAT HAS DOMINATED ANIME FOR DECADES!

Seriously, haters piss me off. Don't like the show? Don't watch it. Please.

tsudecimo said:
hopefully they will fix the major proplems this anime has but i doubt it


Like what? Make Haru thin? Then the story won't make sense. It's all about overcoming your emotional traumas and turning them into strengths. If Haru was like Taku, he gets a boring but powerful Duel Avatar, and the story would end too quickly with none or very predictable character development on Haru's part, since the opponents would be too easy to defeat.

The question would not be whether he would win battles or not, but rather HOW would he defeat his opponents.

Turn Haru into a badass in THREE FUCKING SECONDS FLAT? Unrealistic, dude. Speaking as a bullying victim, it does not take three seconds to recover from bullying, even with the best support system possible. It takes months or even years! So don't expect Haru to become super-confident for one episode and remain that way for the next 23 episodes.

And you don't understand that because you have never been bullied all your life.
Modified by ninjaluc79, Dec 25, 2012 9:55 PM
 
Dec 26, 2012 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24365
ninjaluc79 said:
tsudecimo said:
speaking as a hater for this anime my proplem was not haru like most fans of this series think when it comes to haters, i mean putting haru aside the other charcters were not good , the romance is weak , the action and battle are short and bad and the story wasn't that interesting to be honest , brain burst in itself is really a cool idea but the plot isn't.
well there is will be a season 2 so i hope they make it way better :)


So SAO is more interesting to you? Then if you want a Gary Stu MC, please drop AW and watch SAO. End of story.

If you're going to give me an interesting MC at least give me one who simply cannot win against a major villain (but still can if he powers up). Kirito only ever loses to a character we won't ever see again. He doesn't even break a sweat when fighting the toughest opponents.

Sorry, but I don't think so. If you're looking forward to the battle against the Six Kings in Season 2, you would be disappointed. It will not happen just yet. Haru has to deal with his CD Armor, Nega Nebulus still needs to recruit the Four Elements back, and the ARS still has to be dealt with.

I'll say this again:

I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY CALL CLICHE ON A FAT MC AND YET THEY EXPECT HIM TO FOLLOW THE SAME COOKIE CUTTER DESIGN THAT HAS DOMINATED ANIME FOR DECADES!

Seriously, haters piss me off. Don't like the show? Don't watch it. Please.

tsudecimo said:
hopefully they will fix the major proplems this anime has but i doubt it


Like what? Make Haru thin? Then the story won't make sense. It's all about overcoming your emotional traumas and turning them into strengths. If Haru was like Taku, he gets a boring but powerful Duel Avatar, and the story would end too quickly with none or very predictable character development on Haru's part, since the opponents would be too easy to defeat.

The question would not be whether he would win battles or not, but rather HOW would he defeat his opponents.

Turn Haru into a badass in THREE FUCKING SECONDS FLAT? Unrealistic, dude. Speaking as a bullying victim, it does not take three seconds to recover from bullying, even with the best support system possible. It takes months or even years! So don't expect Haru to become super-confident for one episode and remain that way for the next 23 episodes.

And you don't understand that because you have never been bullied all your life.

lol did you even read what i posted ... (sigh) ?
the first i said was that my proplem was not Haru at all , i understand why he looks like that and i think it is creative, also i didn't bring SAO at all yet you bashed it is MC like i tried to compare them ..?
anyway my main proplems with show are :-
* Charcters: Chiyu : the most confusing charcter in this show i don't get her at all she is in love with haru or in the idea of the three friends staying together ? she seems to show more affection towards haru than taku whick is really odd.
Haru : like i said my problem with him is not his looks at all nor do i hate him enough to hate the show got used to him i guess but his personality is really irritating like i get you were bullied and all ( and i havn't been bullied in real life before) but not to the point where he is being a wimp and crying at everthing no matter how trivial it seems and the self loathing i don't get how someone can hate himself like that outside of his looks he should be gratefull he has loyal friends and someone who loves him and chose him over everyone .
show seems kinda predictable still gonna watch season 2 though everthing has a chance of improvment.
 
Dec 26, 2012 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3019
tsudecimo said:

* Charcters: Chiyu : the most confusing charcter in this show i don't get her at all she is in love with haru or in the idea of the three friends staying together ? she seems to show more affection towards haru than taku whick is really odd.


In eps 3, Chiyu said that the only reseaon she is Taku's gf because Haru told her to, and that she wants the trio to stay friend. This implied that she did not have romantic feeling for Taku from the start. The question then become whether she wanted all of them to stay as friend or she is in love with Haru is not clear. I don't think Chiyu is entirely sure herself. It may feel confusing but that's understandable for the girl her age. If anything this makes her a realistic character with depth, not some cookie-cutter personalities we all familiar with in anime girls. I find her very interesting can never tell the motives in some of her actions, as revealed in the last eps. So in my opinion, she is a plus for the series
tsudecimo said:

Haru : like i said my problem with him is not his looks at all nor do i hate him enough to hate the show got used to him i guess but his personality is really irritating like i get you were bullied and all ( and i havn't been bullied in real life before) but not to the point where he is being a wimp and crying at everthing no matter how trivial it seems and the self loathing i don't get how someone can hate himself like that outside of his looks he should be gratefull he has loyal friends and someone who loves him and chose him over everyone
show seems kinda predictable still gonna watch season 2 though everthing has a chance of improvment.


Haru is grateful alright ;) that's why he cried half of the times, during Kuroyukihime's, Taku's, Chiyu's, Scarlet Rain's scenes. Granted that he cried in the other half over self-pitying, he does have the most realistic to be doom-and-gloom in anime ever: the way he was drawed makes it look like he is the worst looking person ever in that universe. Now, imagine being an only fat midget in the world of only tall, lanky people how would you feel? Therefore, I think he has the best reseason to be emo, more than Shinji, Ouma Shu, Kenichi, or any simliar-type character in all the animes i have watched.
 
Dec 26, 2012 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
ThangLong said:
tsudecimo said:

* Charcters: Chiyu : the most confusing charcter in this show i don't get her at all she is in love with haru or in the idea of the three friends staying together ? she seems to show more affection towards haru than taku whick is really odd.


In eps 3, Chiyu said that the only reseaon she is Taku's gf because Haru told her to, and that she wants the trio to stay friend. This implied that she did not have romantic feeling for Taku from the start. The question then become whether she wanted all of them to stay as friend or she is in love with Haru is not clear. I don't think Chiyu is entirely sure herself. It may feel confusing but that's understandable for the girl her age. If anything this makes her a realistic character with depth, not some cookie-cutter personalities we all familiar with in anime girls. I find her very interesting can never tell the motives in some of her actions, as revealed in the last eps. So in my opinion, she is a plus for the series


Because teenagers are really like that in real life! They simply don't know their way through romance! So don't expect your teenage anime characters to be genre savvy about romance all of a sudden.


tsudecimo said:

Haru : like i said my problem with him is not his looks at all nor do i hate him enough to hate the show got used to him i guess but his personality is really irritating like i get you were bullied and all ( and i havn't been bullied in real life before) but not to the point where he is being a wimp and crying at everthing no matter how trivial it seems and the self loathing i don't get how someone can hate himself like that outside of his looks he should be gratefull he has loyal friends and someone who loves him and chose him over everyone
show seems kinda predictable still gonna watch season 2 though everthing has a chance of improvment.


Haru is grateful alright ;) that's why he cried half of the times, during Kuroyukihime's, Taku's, Chiyu's, Scarlet Rain's scenes. Granted that he cried in the other half over self-pitying, he does have the most realistic to be doom-and-gloom in anime ever: the way he was drawed makes it look like he is the worst looking person ever in that universe. Now, imagine being an only fat midget in the world of only tall, lanky people how would you feel? Therefore, I think he has the best reseason to be emo, more than Shinji, Ouma Shu, Kenichi, or any simliar-type character in all the animes i have watched.


I don't mean to be condescending, but are you saying that tall and lanky MCs have no right to whine because they really aren't different from other people? Just asking.

Like I said, recovering from bullying doesn't take 3 seconds, it takes years. See, when you get out of bullying, no matter how loyal your friends are to the point that they would choose you over everything else, you can't help but not trust them because you would think they're just pulling a cruel joke on you. So you get hurt again, and you are now less likely to trust people, even your own loyal friends, because of that.

Remember that episode when Haru got angry at KYH? That's because Haru was so badly hurt from all the bullying he has endured that he thinks KYH is not taking him seriously and is just stringing him around. After all, why would such a gorgeous girl fall in love with someone like him?

Now, it may sound stupid, but the only way Haru's new friends can help him is reassure him on a consistent basis that they will stand by him no matter what, even if it means their lives are on the line. Give Haru enough time, and he will come back with a fucking vengeance.

When your life suddenly turned for the better after it basically sucked for 12-13 years, you really can't help but be skeptical enough to think that maybe even God himself is trying to troll you. All you ever need to know is that being bullied sucks.
 
Dec 26, 2012 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24365
being indecisive about your feelings is annoying not interesting ( can someone explain to me that scene when she takes her shirt and tell her to touch her ? didn't get it at all...
and no i wouldn't really hate myself the way haru does no matter how ugly, short, lonely or w/e .
ninjaluc79 you seems to experince some unfortunate events in real life *online hug*
hope your life is better in the future...
 
Dec 26, 2012 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
Yeah, that really happened to me. Think of a Southern guy being called a violent redneck all the time, even if he's the nicest guy on Earth. Only worse.

Suffice to say, after all the bullying in the 8th grade, I endured 2 years denying my new classmates' advances towards me because I can't trust other people anymore. Everyone in my new class ended up hating me because I wallowed too much in self-pity for such a long time.
 
Dec 28, 2012 5:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
I really hope they make a 2nd season, from vol5 till 8~9, the return of part of the elements, the next chrome disaster , fight with some kings, so much good material it would just be a waste not to do a 2nd season
 
Dec 28, 2012 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
Don't forget the ARG. NN still has to deal with these guys and Crow's Disaster Armor.
 
Dec 28, 2012 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 993
I'm definitely looking forward to a second season of AW. The show has great potential and the main idea was great.

But since this has turned into a comparison of SAO & AW I'd like to state my opinion as well. As much as I like AW, SAO is definitely a lot better:
Kirito is the best main character I've seen from all of the series I've watched & read; the reactions and relationships between the characters in SAO are lifelike and not forced at all + are logical (ulnike the behavior of the characters in AW sometimes); the plot line, art and environment in both anime are intriguing; although the music fits the scenes in both anime, in neither of them is it special enough to make me notice it while I watched the episodes... unlike for example the music in GC.

Overall both animes are great and deserve to continue until their actual endings (whether there is a connection between them or not).
                 Sometimes the things that matter the most are right in front of you. ~ SAO
 
Dec 28, 2012 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
So Haru not getting super-confident in THREE SECONDS FLAT after basically enduring a suckish life for 13 years is not logical?

Being bullied sucks. It doesn't take three seconds to become super-confident from basically 13 years of a life made of suck, even with the most awesome support system possible. It takes months or even YEARS to recover from bullying.

When events suddenly turn out your way after living a life made of suck for 13 years, you can't help but be so skeptical that you would think that God is just trolling you.

Remember the episode when Haru gets angry at KYH? That's because he's so badly hurt from all the bullying he endured that he thinks she's just stringing him around. After all, why would such a beauty like her fall in love with a fatty like him? People don't understand that because they have never been bullied all their life.

And KYH falling in love with a fat guy? That's because she's over 100 years old MENTALLY (but still 14 years old physically) thanks to Brain Burst, so she never looks at the outside appearance anymore. For all our faith in humanity, we're really still stuck on judging people based on outside appearance. First impressions last, after all.

Moreover, out of all the guys she has scouted to become her BB protege, Haru has the greatest potential. He consistently gets high scores in virtual squash SO HIGH that she had to Burst Link just to beat them.

Lastly, no one teases Haru anymore after all the bullying. Yeah, even Niko who would be very much prone to doing just that. Okay, Taku and Chiyu have known him since childhood (self-esteem problems and all), so they don't really feel like teasing him at all. Okay, KYH and Raker tease him quite a bit, but never about his figure. So does Niko. That's because they don't see him as the fat guy Haru, but rather as the Duel Avatar Silver Crow.

If you have participated in high-level gaming tournaments, you could see that some of the top players aren't exactly the most attractive people around, but you don't see them for their physical imperfections, but rather for the way they play the game.

So yeah, it doesn't sound logical to me. /sarcasm
 
Jan 2, 2013 1:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 182
Of course, but I think it may have to adjust with SAO (if they'll make second season 2) because I think noth of the stories are related somehow
 
Jan 2, 2013 11:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
ninjaluc79 said:
And KYH falling in love with a fat guy? That's because she's over 100 years old MENTALLY (but still 14 years old physically) thanks to Brain Burst, so she never looks at the outside appearance anymore. For all our faith in humanity, we're really still stuck on judging people based on outside appearance. First impressions last, after all.

I totally agree here. This seems to be the biggest point that people overlook from AW and tend to credit SAO more.

Along with many other things, but specifically in character development, Accel World blows Sword Art Online out of the water. The amount of thought that Reki Kawahara has given for the personalities of each character in Accel World is far greater than SAO.

The amount of thought of how a program like Brain Burst changes the behavior and maturity of an individual is fantastically portrayed in Accel World.

Just look at Yuniko. She is a perfect example. Her split-like personality exists BECAUSE in reality, people treat her like a little girl, but her mind has matured so much more because of the program Brain Burst. Therefore, when relating to the game, she is far more mature. Let us remember that one episode where she told Haru to GUESS how much time they've spent in the Accelerated World, and she made a hint that he couldn't even guess.

I don't want to discredit SAO completely. That one episode were Asuna took time to explain why she fell in love with Kirito was REALLY good. It explored some very very realistic and mature ideals within their situation. Unfortunately that was short lived. Honestly, I enjoy SAO for what it is, and it isn't bad. But the numerous flat characters in SAO, the injected incestual love, the fact that the bad guy from the first half is praised as a good guy/savior in the end, just doesn't do it for me. That is border line JC Staff writing.

The ONLY reason Kawahara wrote in the fact that Sugu wasn't blood-related was so that the love relationship would be acceptable. When a writer needs to write something like THAT into his stories, it is truly disappointing. Write a GOOD story, don't sell out just to add in a sexual fetish to sell more copies. Clearly he is capable of doing a good job as well, just look at Accel World.

Speaking of which, WHERE IS MY SEASON 2 ANNOUNCEMENT?! COMON. I AM DESPERATE HERE. Didn't someone say we would hear at least something at the end of SAO?
Modified by blenderben, Jan 2, 2013 12:24 PM
 
Jan 8, 2013 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2933
blenderben said:
ninjaluc79 said:
And KYH falling in love with a fat guy? That's because she's over 100 years old MENTALLY (but still 14 years old physically) thanks to Brain Burst, so she never looks at the outside appearance anymore. For all our faith in humanity, we're really still stuck on judging people based on outside appearance. First impressions last, after all.

I totally agree here. This seems to be the biggest point that people overlook from AW and tend to credit SAO more.

Along with many other things, but specifically in character development, Accel World blows Sword Art Online out of the water. The amount of thought that Reki Kawahara has given for the personalities of each character in Accel World is far greater than SAO.

The amount of thought of how a program like Brain Burst changes the behavior and maturity of an individual is fantastically portrayed in Accel World.

Just look at Yuniko. She is a perfect example. Her split-like personality exists BECAUSE in reality, people treat her like a little girl, but her mind has matured so much more because of the program Brain Burst. Therefore, when relating to the game, she is far more mature. Let us remember that one episode where she told Haru to GUESS how much time they've spent in the Accelerated World, and she made a hint that he couldn't even guess.

I don't want to discredit SAO completely. That one episode were Asuna took time to explain why she fell in love with Kirito was REALLY good. It explored some very very realistic and mature ideals within their situation. Unfortunately that was short lived. Honestly, I enjoy SAO for what it is, and it isn't bad. But the numerous flat characters in SAO, the injected incestual love, the fact that the bad guy from the first half is praised as a good guy/savior in the end, just doesn't do it for me. That is border line JC Staff writing.

The ONLY reason Kawahara wrote in the fact that Sugu wasn't blood-related was so that the love relationship would be acceptable. When a writer needs to write something like THAT into his stories, it is truly disappointing. Write a GOOD story, don't sell out just to add in a sexual fetish to sell more copies. Clearly he is capable of doing a good job as well, just look at Accel World.

Speaking of which, WHERE IS MY SEASON 2 ANNOUNCEMENT?! COMON. I AM DESPERATE HERE. Didn't someone say we would hear at least something at the end of SAO?


It's more that he actually gave personality and goals to characters in this besides the main one whereas in SAO almost everything that happens is towards showcasing how awesome Kirito is (to be fair Accel World sort of has this thing with showcasing how awesome Kuroyukihime is but she at least allows the other characters to have the spotlight a lot more often so she's not a vampire on the casts development the same way he is even if she's arguably more brokenly overpowered and nigh impossible not to stare at whenever she's in a scene) and there doesn't seem to be much of a long term goal for the cast and instead there's an objective of the arc which usually involves Kirito teaming up with a new bishoujo and going on some sort of adventure or quest with them.

As for the universe it just seems fleshed out a lot more and even has entire volumes dedicated to the back story of Brain Burst. It just seems to have more focus and the more fleshed out cast whereas SAO had the overall better idea for an arc to start off in Aincrad.
 
Jan 11, 2013 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 866
uzee said:
I'm definitely looking forward to a second season of AW. The show has great potential and the main idea was great.

But since this has turned into a comparison of SAO & AW I'd like to state my opinion as well. As much as I like AW, SAO is definitely a lot better:
Kirito is the best main character I've seen from all of the series I've watched & read; the reactions and relationships between the characters in SAO are lifelike and not forced at all + are logical (ulnike the behavior of the characters in AW sometimes); the plot line, art and environment in both anime are intriguing; although the music fits the scenes in both anime, in neither of them is it special enough to make me notice it while I watched the episodes... unlike for example the music in GC.

Overall both animes are great and deserve to continue until their actual endings (whether there is a connection between them or not).


I agree with you 100%
The real world is past the virtual world is future.



 
Jan 11, 2013 11:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
*drops head down*

I hereby accept that there really are people so shallow they only like thin and lanky MC's and automatically drop shows with fat MC's, kthxbai.

*leaves with a broken soul*
 
Jan 22, 2013 2:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
I definately think it deserves a second season, but has it been officially announced? Apparently Gun Gale Online (Season 2 of SAO) has already been approved?
 
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »