Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2008 4:24 AM

Jun 2008
Nya ; ; Hello~

My birthday was recently and I am rather indecisive. I just quit my net game which I thought was fun enough to play more for my birthday, but my computer is bad so I decided I will pick up Disgaea 3 XD.

Now, the only strategy RPG I've ever played was Final Fantasy Tactics, but it is tied as being one of my favorite games of all time ^^;. I know Disgaea 3 is a little wacky, but does anyone really think it is good =/? IGN rated it a 6.7 I think ; ; Most of the gaming sites also recommended for this one you should be a fan of the series or fan of strategy rpgs so I dunno =/.

I'll be at school when I see this before we go to the gamestop :3, so I won't be able to reply, but I'll read whatever you post with my phone.

Thanks if you can help~ byebye :3

Oct 9, 2008 4:48 AM

Jul 2008
hmm cant really help because i dont have a ps3><, but i wouldnt rely on review and ratings of others too much, because everybody have a different taste.
but i did play disgaea 1 & 2, and after reading the review i dont think it really changed a lot.
So i would buy it because these games are insane long, neither finished one or two^^;

Oct 9, 2008 5:08 AM

Oct 2007
actually disgaea games are short, its just that you can get alot of playtime out of it by upgrading your characters.

Disgaea is quite different from FFT but since you loved FFT give Disgaea 3 a try. I was in the same boat when Disgaea 2 came out, was stuck on it for a couple weeks clocked up around 200 hours, kinda somehow wished i didnt, ruined my summer holiday ='(, before i stopped but now i get bored whenever i attempt to play it. Im not sure about the changes with Disgaea 3 since i havent played it but likewise i heard its just more of the same, just polished.
Yeah so i suggest you give it a rental, and if you like it go out and buy it.
Oct 9, 2008 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
I wouldn't put faith into reviews anymore, especially for games like Disgaea. If you like the genre I know there's a high chance you'll love the game.

I haven't play this game (don't have a PS3) but I have played the first two and they are by far the most enjoyable in the genre.
Oct 9, 2008 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
Disgaea 3 is a great game. It has a cute design that covers up some rather complex gameplay. Your team is very customizable, so there's lots of different ways to play it. Short isn't the word I'd use for Disgaea 3. The story chapters will take.. maybe 30 hours? But all the fun gameplay comes after you beat the game. There's plenty of other quests/stages/characters to collect etc. The item world offers randomly generated dungeons so it doesn't feel as old (I think Academy world does get boring though.. but it's quick). You can easily put in another 100 hours after that first 30. ;)

Lots of people/reviewers love to complain about the graphics or the fact that it's on the PS3. If that's not an issue, it would be a good choice.
Oct 9, 2008 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
meow :3

I bought it and just put it in my machine. I love the old style looking games (prefer Eternal Fighter Zero/Melty Blood/any 2d fighter compared to 3d fighters) ect, so I think I'll love it :3

Oct 9, 2008 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
Great, have fun. :D I love the look of the game.. I don't know what they are complaining about. ;-p
Oct 9, 2008 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
nyuu >< it is really good. They style is cute cute ; ; And makes me happy XD

At first I was afraid that it would be a little too silly - but it is quite fun and has made me smile/laugh. I can't play until later tonight though, have to do important things now ; ;

Oct 10, 2008 6:23 PM

Jun 2008
Small update :3

The story is pretty cute, but I think the grinding is so fun ._.
I really doubt I will ever play another traditional RPG again unless I am replaying one of the Star Oceans ; ; - I heard they confirmed downloadable characters - has any been out yet? Too bad there is no vs play ; ;

Mar 4, 2021 9:45 PM
Dec 2017
Totally worth the purchase and its really fun and yep the dlc characters been out a long time ago.

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

20 by loligoth666 »»
55 minutes ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

26 by loligoth666 »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

140 by loligoth666 »»
2 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games?

Dumb - Feb 11

49 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3508 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.