Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2008 11:35 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Skypia arc is over!
Be prepared for ALOT of screaming...

Anyone else think Luffy could just get Wiper or one of the guys to slice/blowup that gold ball off his arm? ...its only gold right? (Of course there's a reason for him to have it just like that water barrel back in Arabasta). Starting to see a pattern

Why does the waterski thing that Nami drives sound like a motorcycle?? I always assumed they sounded like jet ski's.
...Surprised Chopper and Sanji are still 'dead' even though Wiper died about 6 times.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 9, 2008 12:06 AM

Apr 2007
Wasted_Life said:
Anyone else think Luffy could just get Wiper or one of the guys to slice/blowup that gold ball off his arm? ...its only gold right?

Blowup a solid...ball of gold? How can you do that? It seems like that would take A LOT of time and besides Luffy has a one track mind when it comes to beating villains [and food].

"I'll kick your ass Crocodile!!!"
"You're going down Eneru!!!"

Yeah~ I don't remember what he said about Eneru, but you get the idea :/
Oct 9, 2008 12:24 AM

Mar 2007
if you have messed with gold, its pretty bendable in pure form... its not harder than steel and definitely easy to melt from a super big explosion like from one of those reject shells.

how come the only time you see gold are in the forms of jewelry and bars? Its for that fact that it bends and gets dented pretty easily.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 27, 2009 8:30 PM

Feb 2009
I'm Speechless, I never thought this arc would have such a villain and an ending of these proportions...epic.

Am I the only one who thinks the Shandians are awesome? I loved the concept and the story behind them.
Oct 30, 2009 4:32 PM

May 2008
Good to see that Luffy finally won!
Dec 29, 2009 5:04 AM

Jul 2007
omfg 0_0.. this episode was so chaotic it sent explosions through out my mind. This is probably the most action packed episode i have seen in one piece.

Luffy not only defeated him but also rang the bell at the same time. That was just freaken amazing how he destroyed that entire Riagou cloud like that, i was just in utter awe when i saw that.

Damn how can one piece get any more action packed then that. I can't imagine what the later arcs will bring, wow!

Dec 29, 2009 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
link9us said:
omfg 0_0.. this episode was so chaotic it sent explosions through out my mind. This is probably the most action packed episode i have seen in one piece.

Luffy not only defeated him but also rang the bell at the same time. That was just freaken amazing how he destroyed that entire Riagou cloud like that, i was just in utter awe when i saw that.

Damn how can one piece get any more action packed then that. I can't imagine what the later arcs will bring, wow!

Sure the whole Skypiea arc wasn't the best one, but this episode is in my top 10 OP episodes. And the whole arc had amazing characters.
Dec 29, 2009 3:23 PM

Jul 2007
Veethorn said:
link9us said:

Sure the whole Skypiea arc wasn't the best one, but this episode is in my top 10 OP episodes. And the whole arc had amazing characters.

Yeah this is for sure one of my top episodes. The episode where they shown Croc's fight and where Vivi was screaming to stop the war. Then the episode where they introduced all those new characters and the world government and then the this episode are probably my 3 most favorite episodes in one piece :p

Jan 3, 2010 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
YAY he finally rang the bell. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 10, 2010 10:49 PM

May 2008
HAHA the face of Enel looks just like the face of the other ppl that Luffy beaten

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 14, 2010 9:04 PM

Apr 2008
Finally !!! Luffy ring the bell!!

Mar 24, 2010 7:42 PM

Oct 2009
Ranivus said:
...Surprised Chopper and Sanji are still 'dead' even though Wiper died about 6 times.

Sanji and Chopper woke up. Glad to see you're paying attention.

But yeah, if anybody is a God, it's Wiper. Using a reject dial 3 times and still standing when just using it once would kill most people...insane.

Veethorn said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Shandians are awesome? I loved the concept and the story behind them.
The story of the Shandians is inspiring and I loved it as well.

This was such a satisfying and explosive episode. Norland and Calgara would be proud.
Apr 16, 2010 7:55 AM

Nov 2009
I cried. Also, what is everyone talking about? You SEE the gold ball shatter when it hits the bell with Enel. Glad to see everyone's paying so much attention.
May 7, 2010 7:37 AM

Jun 2008
One of the most amazing episodes and conclusions ever, as good as the manga was. So epic, so massive, so satisfying, hit all of the right emotional points. This is One Piece at it's best.
May 23, 2010 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
FUCKING. EPIC.

One Piece is now officakky my NUMBER 1 anime. Gintama as close second.

8/5
Dec 13, 2010 7:53 AM

May 2010
that episode was so intense! simply WOW!
Mar 30, 2011 12:40 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder if Luffy kept the Golden Ball because he thought it would be useful, or maybe I'm just thinking to much.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 14, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2010
Amazing end to this arc, the golden ball was useful in the end
Apr 26, 2011 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Luffy gets more and more GARRR, awesome and basadd cool every arc! _O_ Yeay for Luffy, the next Pirate King!
Jul 2, 2011 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
Man tears
Aug 28, 2011 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
This was one of that epic episodes in One Piece when you watch it speechless and breathless and then you want only one thing - give it a standing ovation. Crying like crazy, crying from delight.
THANK YOU, ONE PIECE for another great moment in my life.
Aug 31, 2011 1:58 PM

Oct 2008
Enel had the potential to be a great villain. Unfortunately, the protagonist had to ruin that.
Feb 26, 2012 12:11 PM

Jul 2011
Ranivus said:

uhh didn't you see them get up at the end?
Mar 1, 2012 1:03 AM

Aug 2011
thats was a very nice punch to the gut
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2012 6:55 PM

Mar 2012
turned out to be worth the "ordeal of dragged episodes" .. (see what i did there)
Jul 25, 2012 2:31 PM

Sep 2009
link9us said:
Luffy not only defeated him but also rang the bell at the same time.
Yes :) Their prediction came true. When the bell rang its the time when the fighting stops = Enel's Defeat.

And the Kintama on Luffy's hand is broken!
Aug 11, 2012 9:47 AM

Mar 2009
What an epic end! Gave me goosebumps lol.
Aug 16, 2012 4:37 AM

Feb 2009
GOMU GOMU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OUGON RIFFFLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE
Sep 4, 2012 7:04 PM

May 2009
Knave said:
Enel had the potential to be a great villain. Unfortunately, the protagonist had to ruin that.

Agreed. I'd have preferred a different ending to this arc than just Luffy defeating the bad guy once again.
Sep 13, 2012 12:49 PM

Aug 2012
This is one of my favourite arcs ever. I LOVE THIS ARC SO MUCH! And that was EPIC. I'm in tears.
Sep 16, 2012 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing how everything was solved..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 29, 2012 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
oh my god that was so amazing!!!
Such a fitting end to a war and an arc :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 11:51 AM

Nov 2012
I be honest the first halve of this arc i didn't really like. But then this episode ow wow that was so freaking epic. Best boss fight in one piece history i guess.
Jul 10, 2014 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
Yayyy it ended :D

Aug 4, 2014 9:29 PM
Jul 2014
awesome
Jul 29, 2015 3:50 AM

Jan 2014
This was powerful and touching :')
Noland didn't lie!!! ;___;
Sep 11, 2015 5:54 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Finally a bunch of ep and we are over this shitty arc

Oct 22, 2015 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
What a fantastic way to end a battle, One Piece knocks it out the park once again.
Feb 28, 2016 9:29 PM

May 2013
Good thinking, Luffy. Or good instincts, I mean. Lol. He's just a very lucky guy.
Apr 4, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
So amazing, damn this is what I love this show
Jul 17, 2016 1:09 AM

Mar 2015
Nice one! Luffy finally socks a real good one to God!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 15, 2017 6:16 AM

Dec 2016
GET FUCKED ENEL YOU WEAK ELECTRICITY BITCH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 14, 2017 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
I don't get the point in taking that huge, easy to hit form when you already know lightning doesn't work on Luffy. Must've been due to pride or something since he can't accept his powerful ability being useless against a simple rubber lad.
May 17, 2018 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
Enel kept in the theme of only being entertaining when he says some brutal lines, or when he's getting his ass kicked. This episode was satisfying in that front, I loved hearing Luffy call Enel "ear lobes" as he shot up Goku style to punch the lights out of him. I loved the face he made when Luffy disproved everything he stood for as God in a minute in an earlier episode. But everything else, including his power, and this fight, it didn't sit right with me. It was cool to see Luffy beat the bad guy again, this time in a cool way. Like someone mentioned, Enel was similar to Bellamy in a way of showing an overabundance of pride making someone who otherwise is just a dude, think he is literally God, someone who couldn't stand a chance against Luffy. That was cool too, but again there is nothing particular about Enel's power, personality, or plan, or motives, or strengths, or weaknesses, or friends, or lack thereof, that was interesting to me. He was a big dumb obstacle who's only thing he brought to the anime was how satisfying it was to see him get beat up. Bellamy had that same arc in a couple episodes time, and Alabasta already did view this politics backstory to a certain degree- although I agree Skypiea was different enough and better in enough ways it wasn't really a problem. To me, this fight was cool for Luffy, but overall I'm probably going to forget it as well as forget Enel unless he gets characterized in his defeat and we learn all about him in a way that changes everything.

Everyone was praying for God to save them and Luffy was the one who saved them. I also recall Smoker claiming when D. Ragon(iirc) saved Luffy, it was like a God wanted him alive. Those may not be linked, but I wonder what the message here is. One connection that was definitely real is the parallel that the sun God and Enel were both false God's for the Skypieans and the old Shandians that were controlling by fear, and both were beaten by someone challenging that fear. That no God has the right to dictate your life and take life as he wants to... and that you have to fight back against forces to mold your fate with your own hands rather than giving up what you love out of fear or something? Or perhaps that Luffy is a reincarnation of God. Maybe on further thought or watching I'll come to a more clear conclusion.

I loved seeing Wyper scream to Luffy to ring that bell, and I can't wait to see Cricket hear the bell ring!!! Even though this fight and this arc weren't amazing for me, I do love the backstory and some of the characters and I am truly excited for both this to end, and to see the conclusion!
Apr 14, 2019 12:26 PM
Aug 2017
Ive got goosebumps the entire episode i swear. OMFG BEST EPISODE!! DAMN. No wonder One piece is still going. Ive seen almost all the shounens and I gotta say One Piece is prolly the best. 10/10
May 7, 2019 11:31 AM
Apr 2019
I would not have tought that a battle of this scale would happen just in skypia. this was wonderfull. All the battles of the crew. Realy a shame that a lot of them are still dead..
Nov 7, 2019 2:03 PM

Nov 2018
Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Skypia arc is over!
(Of course there's a reason for him to have it just like that water barrel back in Arabasta). Starting to see a pattern

Very good point...never thought about it
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Nov 7, 2019 2:06 PM

Nov 2018
Veethorn said:

No you're not the only one. I also think them very cool, much more interesting than the Angels or the people of Blue Sea. Their style, especially their looks and tents, also reminds me a lot about the american indians.

Nov 7, 2019 2:16 PM

Nov 2018
Avenger-senpai said:
I don't get the point in taking that huge, easy to hit form when you already know lightning doesn't work on Luffy. Must've been due to pride or something since he can't accept his powerful ability being useless against a simple rubber lad.

That is so well said!!! I totally agree.

Nov 7, 2019 2:44 PM

Nov 2018
Overall it was very satisfying for me. I had grown so tired of Enel's vanity!...

It was, however, very surprising to me that Luffy considered destroying Enel's raigon. I thought that poor land would suffer patiently the raigon as well...but I'm glad it wasn't so.Now that I think about it it makes sense. Probably that Raigon ball would have destroyed completely Skypea.

But this part was really unexpected for me; not only he intended to destroy the raigon, but he really did it! A real triumph and feast to me after all those episodes where I've been bored with Enel's greatness.

I also appreciated how people prayed for their salvation. It was a beautiful message to me. Those people participated to Luffy's victory as the real God (that doesn't show Himself) heard their prayers and gave strength to Luffy in his battle. It seems only understandable to me that God is giving strength to Luffy (and no other) as Luffy is not fighting for himself, but for his friends and for the people of that land. His ways are unselfish. He is caring their hopes and their faith. No wonder the saying "God works through people"...

I also tend to get even farther with this idea and say that the reason God permitted those people to suffer such a long time it was to strengthen their hearts and make their souls' light get to the surface and shine, it was to polish their inner strength and make it visible to one another.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
4 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 4 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.