Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jul 23 - 29

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
jmal said:
Immahnoob said:
Hey Jmal, with everything that sold until now, do you think Highschool DxD, Inu x Boku SS and Kore wa Zombie desu ka might get second seasons?

DxD and Inu x Boku, almost definitely if there's enough material left. Although Inu x Boku's ending was so perfect I almost don't feel the need (...though I'd gladly watch the hell out of a sequel anyway).

KoreZom already has had a second season. The anime doesn't sell very well but Kadokawa has said it increased novel sales very significantly, so that's probably the only reason we got a second season. I don't expect a third, but I expect we'll see a couple more OADs to boost print sales as long as the novels keep getting published. In fact I think that's why the TV broadcast was only an abbreviated 10 episodes and they announced a few OADs instead to bring it up to a more normal episode count.

Also, Guilty Crown seems to sell pretty well (does it sell pretty well?), is there a possibility of anything coming in the future for GC (even with what happened in the ending)?

Dunno. I'd say odds less than 50% since it's an original anime and any sequel would probably start out closer to 6-8k than 12k and average about 5-6k - might not be worth it for the animation budget the show must have had. Sequels often pick up where the later volumes of the previous iteration sold, not back at the height of the first volume. Still, supercell's music has sold extremely well and I'm guessing Inori and friends move a decent number of figures and other merch. But my answer is still, "dunno".

Thanks, and also there is a lot of material for Inu x Boku SS and Highschool DxD. But I'm not sure if Inu x Boku SS went into a different ending or it followed the manga, if it did follow a different ending, I'm sure they won't make a second season, if they didn't and this is how the story went, well, if you say there are enough sales.

HUZZAH!

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 31, 2012 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
Hell yeah, guilty crown gintama and code geass.
Jul 31, 2012 2:10 PM

May 2008
didn't expect Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland to sell 13k :O
Jul 31, 2012 6:16 PM

Apr 2011
Nisemono dominating for the win. Too bad Accel World wasn't in the top 10 such a great anime.
Jul 31, 2012 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
Those numbers seem pretty low when you look at Japan's population size. I guess otaku culture in Japan is not a big as I thought. Are those numbers typical or are they lower than average?
Jul 31, 2012 10:02 PM
Mar 2010
Immahnoob said:
But I'm not sure if Inu x Boku SS went into a different ending or it followed the manga, if it did follow a different ending, I'm sure they won't make a second season, if they didn't and this is how the story went, well, if you say there are enough sales.

HUZZAH!

Nope. They followed and ended the anime how the manga went. In fact, I'd say the anime stopped just before a very important arc started. SO I'm sure there'll be a second season.

I don't know about DxD but I'm pretty sure that will get one too.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 31, 2012 11:05 PM

Jul 2009
Nisemonogatari on TOP!!!!!!
Aug 1, 2012 2:12 AM

Jun 2011
How is Sankarea doing so bad o_o
1487 XO
Aug 1, 2012 9:16 AM
Mar 2010
Shih said:
How is Sankarea doing so bad o_o
1487 XO

I think DEEN animated this one and Hiiro for Spring right? lololol both series are bombs...well not THAT bad but bad all the same.

Sankarea was good from all the reviews I saw on MAL though. Hiiro, I can understand. Even Crunchy reported that fans were shocked at what they did.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 1, 2012 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
Corpses aren't moe. Thats why I think Sankarea did bad.

Aug 1, 2012 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
Sad seeing Sankarea didn't do well.

Kuroko yay! Both the manga and DVD BD did well, I hope this won't affect the mangaka to change/extend the storyline. There have been some cases in the manga industry where when certain anime gets popular, its quality goes down until it's irreparable. Especially considering Kuroko's popularity with girl fans, there's a chance that it will go down the same path like Get Backers did. Hope that won't happen to Kuroko, Kuroko is fine as it is.

Surprised that Nyaruko sells well. Fanservice factor, I guess.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Aug 2, 2012 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
The overall anime sales looks great this time.

Kuroko doing well good job! I only started read the manga so I will watch the anime later.

Nise still beating the others as usual lol. I never thought that Nunally spin off have good sales.

Really impressed with P4's consistent sales, Vol 10's sales will be very interesting since there is director's cut for ep 25, true end OVA & P4 movie in it.
Gahh Atlus have good run this year with P4G & P4U sell really well there. I guess their hardwork are paid off.
Aug 2, 2012 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
arena149 said:
I never thought that Nunally spin off have good sales.

Its an OVA based off of one of the best selling late night anime series ever. I'm actually disappointed it didn't do more since Stalker projected it for significantly more.

Aug 2, 2012 11:38 AM

Oct 2010
NICE!

ACCEL WORLD AND HYOUKA!

NUFF SAID!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 5, 2012 3:21 PM
Jan 2011
Aww yeah, go Kuroko!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.