Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2008 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
The anime plot advanced way too fast skipping over a couple of truly moe scenes. The plot that was in episode 2 should have been done in at least two separate episodes.

We did not even see a single tear that whole episode. The manga even had these scenes

Where was her joy after speaking to Kitamura? Where was weeping, worried, Taiga after Ryuuji caught her? Where was the drop kick to the pole? The light pole scene was also short.
Oct 10, 2008 11:57 AM

Sep 2008
This gets better and Better Yahoo!!!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 10, 2008 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
This Anime Gets Better and better Yahoo!!!!!!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 10, 2008 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Never read the manga/novel, so I can't compare the anime to either, but I am surprised it pulled the trigger on Taiga's confession so early. An interesting choice -- the next few eps are going to be really important for the series, I think, because it could either develop into something really good or really repetitive.

I am liking the series a lot so far, though, and will be sticking with it throughout the season unless something goes drastically wrong.

Back to thoughts about ep2 ... the scheming between Taiga and Ryuji was fun, and I quite enjoy how dramatic Minori is. I did not even notice the stylistic similarity between her big jumping scene and The Girl Who Leapt through Time, so thanks to AsianQuickSilver for pointing out that interesting tidbit, haha.
Oct 10, 2008 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
umm i dunno, but for all manga to anime shows, there's this huge warning in block letters that says "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." anyways, technically, the manga wasn't beyond the episode, but i do think we shouldn't keep comparing the anime to the manga since, as said, it IS an anime discussion only post :P

in any case, i've read the manga, but objectively, i DO think that this episode seems kinda rushed(never mind that they did cover a lot of the chapters in one ep) but it just doesn't show or portray the chemistry between aisaka and ryuuji that much. if i didn't read the manga, i'd be weirded out by that huge "time skip" where aisaka and ryuuji's "Relationship" were just relayed by the "witnesses".

i'd rather see a couple of eps(just a couple mind you - no fillers please) where we see them together and classmates see accidentally bump into them or something rather than 20 seconds of 4 witnesses relaying that info to us. still, it is quite good, and even if the pace is a bit fast, the show is great(for me, that is). i'd like to see more of their relationship and how they will try to win the love of their respective crushes. not to mention that extra character, ami - whose role is still unclear as of now.
Oct 10, 2008 12:28 PM

May 2007
I don't get it why people are bitching about the Anime outrunning the manga.
So what?
Belive it or not, animeted things show way faster the story then an manga.
What would you guys like? An boring and slow plot or a funny fastpaced plot?

About the pole thing....
So what they went GARR on it?
Its not like its some bad thing. Well, not for them, well... i mean, it is a bad thing, i feel bad for the pole (lol) and all, but yeah... whatever...
And don't come up with: "thats a bad infuence" or anyother bitching.
Its not like you have to do the same as them.

I was expecting really hard the "The sun is dry" part. for no good reason. lol
The only part i was missing was when Taiga hurts her feet (By beating the shit out of the pole) and Takasu has to carry her while running way from the police. lol
Oct 10, 2008 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
Faust721 said:
hmm...i enjoyed this episode but it was done so much better in the manga. I think it went a bit too fast. Not enough time to build the chemistry between Ryuuji and Taiga.

I feel exactly the same. To bad they wasted so much good material.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 10, 2008 12:54 PM

Oct 2007
aww this was a cute episode! This series seems like it'll be fun ;3
Oct 10, 2008 1:24 PM

Sep 2007
That was absolutely awesome, I love the relationship between those two

Oct 10, 2008 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
Shinmaru said:
Never read the manga/novel, so I can't compare the anime to either, but I am surprised it pulled the trigger on Taiga's confession so early. An interesting choice -- the next few eps are going to be really important for the series, I think, because it could either develop into something really good or really repetitive.

I am liking the series a lot so far, though, and will be sticking with it throughout the season unless something goes drastically wrong.

Back to thoughts about ep2 ... the scheming between Taiga and Ryuji was fun, and I quite enjoy how dramatic Minori is. I did not even notice the stylistic similarity between her big jumping scene and The Girl Who Leapt through Time, so thanks to AsianQuickSilver for pointing out that interesting tidbit, haha.

However I might have to agree it is similar it makes NO SENSE! Why would they put something like that as reference. I mean, there is no time going back or anything to do with time. Most be a stupid reference unless you find meaning in it.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 1:49 PM

Jul 2008
i kinda thought this series was going to be mediocre after the first episode, but after watching this ep, my view definitely changed. really liked this one
Oct 10, 2008 1:59 PM
Dec 2007
Taiga's confession was so cute. :] I'm starting to love Taiga more and more.
Oct 10, 2008 2:15 PM

Mar 2008
wow, the op isnt what i was expecting. im not sure what i WAS expecting, but that wasnt it. otherwise, i'm enjoying it more than i thought when i starting watching the first episode, and it shows lots of promise.
Oct 10, 2008 2:33 PM

May 2007
Eh, I didn't like this episode as much as I liked the first.
Oct 10, 2008 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
angel999 said:
However I might have to agree it is similar it makes NO SENSE! Why would they put something like that as reference. I mean, there is no time going back or anything to do with time. Most be a stupid reference unless you find meaning in it.

Methinks they are just having a bit of fun. Why must it have some super deep meaning or relevance to it? lol
Oct 10, 2008 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
*falls in love with the OP*
well, i think i loved it too much, i think i may take some screenshots about it.. a whole bunch of them... the OP is surely win, i give JC staff that, they have never disappointed me with OPs... pure pure parado <3
well, as for the episode, i liked it a lot. if i didn't compare it to the manga, i would say that it was excellent, and that its pace is nice. but unfortunately, i have read the manga.... i really can't believe they skipped so much stuff, and shortened/changed other stuff. i mean, i expected the episodes to cover a lot of chapters compared to other anime, since the chapters for toradora were rather REALLY short sometimes. but it exceeded that.
now, this is all me stating things that they missed, so clic spoiler button only if you really want to know..... and i do know that this is an anime only discussion, but i cannot help but point out things they missed...

now onto the actual episode </stops ranting about manga differences>
Kugye is doing an amazing voice as taiga.
i loved how they started with the same two birds at the start xD
ryuuji's mom was funny, and ryuuji's pet is funny.... "timotei"... konata flashback.
Minorin was funny this episode
the gym scene was funny, but not as expected. i liked how minorin is so cute xD
the witness scene was done excellently. i loved how they did it xD
i lol'd at kitamura standing up there laughing xD
the pole beating scene is <3
it was awesome in the manga, it is awesome in the anime.
Ryuuji's mother is kinda cute.
the confession scene.... xD
poor taiga was about to cry... and finally, they covered 11 chapters in 2 episodes....
but moe overload at the very end.... "taiga... he says...."
and now, its proper tora-dora

but i really can't believe how they covered 9 chapters in one episode... i understand chapter one was longer... but still.....=/
besides, i think that's a whole light novel volume.... xD

anyways, i loved it, i would have liked it more if they had slowed down the pace a little, but it was still funny. this anime is going high!
Oct 10, 2008 3:58 PM
Oct 2007
The pace is definitely really fast, kinda feeling what I felt when I watched Lovecom but I didn't think the fast pace ruined anything. I was hooked to the manga but the anime is doing good too. Some scenes were indeed neglected or changed but I find that anime adaptations tend to rearrange things. So I hope they'll show a lunch scene later on.

From what I saw, the whole point of this episode was to show the depth of Taiga's character. She really is more than meets the eye and easily hurt but determined at the same time. Love her.
Oct 10, 2008 4:11 PM

Sep 2007
LOL This parrot is so freaking weird D:

Also a good episode but I get this feeling it went a little too fast between Taiga and Ryuuji. Also, I thought he liked Kushieda? What's up with walking away from her so easily? o_O
Oct 10, 2008 4:36 PM

Aug 2008
I loved the OP.
Oct 10, 2008 4:53 PM
Mar 2008
This is my #1 anticipated series for this season, and I'm really enjoying it right now. Love all the characters, hope it keeps up. Minori is pretty funny and the parrot is random lol.
Oct 10, 2008 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
Fa11en said:
I loved the OP.

SINCE I AM LAZY.......I SECOND THE ABOVE! OP is for sure A WIN! The music pace is nice and I KARAOKE IT SO..... :p
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 5:18 PM
Dec 2007
Iriya said:
LOL This parrot is so freaking weird D:

Also a good episode but I get this feeling it went a little too fast between Taiga and Ryuuji. Also, I thought he liked Kushieda? What's up with walking away from her so easily? o_O
I don't think he even was walking away. He's getting friendly with Taiga because he sort of finds her to be in a similar situation to him. So basically, he wants to keep being partners in crime as they attempt to win over their two targets of affection. I can understand why the "If you're a tiger I'm a dragon" conversation might have made it look like Ryuuji was throwing a confession of love at Taiga (and it might have been, in a way).

Oct 10, 2008 6:19 PM

Aug 2007
Im really enjoying the series! Ill have to read the manga after its finished :)

LOVED the OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 10, 2008 6:39 PM

Jul 2008
I just hate how people think that because a show isn't like in the manga it's bad.
The manga is the manga, the anime is the anime they have zero obligation to stick to the manga.

If you are a fan of the manga good for you, if the only bad point you say about the anime is that it don't follow the manga storyline then all your argument, all your opinion don't worth a scrap.

Oct 10, 2008 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
MMM, just wondering, how strong you have to be to incline a energy post??
XP

Oct 10, 2008 7:16 PM
Jun 2008
UWAAHHHH
i love this anime
and i nvr realised how much i liked the OP and ED songs~
its so cute :3
ahhh all the misunderstandings.
but feel sorry for taiga gettin rejected, but she cheered up in the end xD
Oct 10, 2008 7:54 PM
Sep 2008
Not having read the novels, I'm rather pleased with this episode. I think the pace keeps things interesting. I actually liked how they used the "witnesses" discussion of their relationship in order to avoid showing uneventful sitting-in-takasu's-house-eating scenes and the like. I think every viewer knows that ryuuji and taiga have a lot of chemistry, dragging out the development of their relationship doesn't seem necessary, provided they don't have to compensate with filler later on.

Minori is by far my favorite character in this series so far, hopefully we see more of her :D
Oct 10, 2008 8:08 PM

May 2008
Good episode.
Oct 10, 2008 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
I have not read the manga, but this does catch my interest. I certainly hope it's not just a 13-ep series. It looks like they could do some interesting things with it.
Oct 10, 2008 9:02 PM
Dec 2007
Spools said:
I think every viewer knows that ryuuji and taiga have a lot of chemistry, dragging out the development of their relationship doesn't seem necessary, provided they don't have to compensate with filler later on.
It's not like we know they have good chemistry (that's just an implied cliche that the tsundere girl and the easy-going guy pair like each other in some form), they could have cemented the relationship a bit more. And I have the feeling they will rush now and add the elements they took out into fillers later on.

Oct 10, 2008 9:41 PM

Sep 2008
After reading the posts, I'm glad I haven't read the manga. I enjoyed both episodes throughly and can't find any non nit-picky faults (again coming from the perspective of not having read the manga). Sure they could have "developed" the relationship more, but I feel that leaving some of that out and making it a little simpler actually strengthens the bond a little. Two misunderstood people sharing a common goal is good enough for me. Plus, I like it when anime differ from the source material a bit. It just means that if I like the series I have something to read once its done.

Overall, two thumbs from me. Could still end up sucky ala the 2nd and 3rd seasons of ZnT but I have high hopes for this one.

Oct 10, 2008 10:43 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm seems they covered the entire first volume of ToraDora in just two episodes. I guess they wanted to get the whole Dragon/Tiger part out of the way. Not exactly too keen on how they are rushing things and how they flip around some parts of the story. I seriously hope they don't turn this into ZnS and rush the main plot in a couple episodes and show basically crap for the rest of the series.

Though the OP is pretty catchy and I'm glad that there is no fanservice here. Off to the next episode I guess o_O
Oct 10, 2008 10:43 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Second episode made me feel better about Taiga; the tsundere character is not completely exaggerated as with some recent series. Seeing that calms so many of my fears for this show, and helped me to really enjoy this episode :)

I thought the OP was awesome as well, and as others have said, the parrot really freaks me out.
Oct 10, 2008 10:54 PM

Aug 2007
Taiga is very tame to say someone like Louise. The only thing you have to fear about is if they plan on pushing the whole Dragon/Tiger pairing. They should stick to their original crushes T_T (Minorin doesn't look as good compared to the LN, but she is still damn cute!)

Who doesn't like Inko-chan?
Oct 11, 2008 12:44 AM

Apr 2008
After reading the manga, i pretty much skipped the whole of this episode. Hated how they rushed the important parts in the manga, but also kinda happy knowing future episodes will be unique.

In short, those who read the manga's gonna dislike this episode, but we all know we're gonna love the series here on <3
Oct 11, 2008 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
Manga purists can go die in a fire anyway. This is anime, not manga.
Oct 11, 2008 1:34 AM

Jan 2008
The relationship (not necessarily romantic) between Taiga and Ryuuji developed pretty fast (speaking with the experience of watching serial dramas here), but it's a good thing that they didn't drag it out for too long. It's been some time since I enjoyed a romcom so much. Aah, I just have a weak spot for pairings like these... >_<

<--- Has not read the novel or manga

That's it, I'm watching the rest of this. *adds to list*

<--- Usually prefers to read/watch the original work
Oct 11, 2008 1:43 AM

Mar 2008
yay, i like this show <3

i want another ep now though >< *waits*

OP is interesting
Oct 11, 2008 2:57 AM

Jun 2007
Asako said:
Manga purists can go die in a fire anyway. This is anime, not manga.

I agree. With that said I thought this episode was done great. It didn't feel that rushed and Taiga's character seems more tame which is a good thing.
Oct 11, 2008 3:39 AM

Nov 2007
Whoa, this one covered a lot of the manga. Although it did rush through things, it wasn't bad. I'm interested in seeing what happens next time.
Oct 11, 2008 4:04 AM

Sep 2007
Damn, they're moving really fast aren't they? I just finished reading this part not too long ago. . .
Oct 11, 2008 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
I loved the tokyo wa shojo reference ^_^

Well, it was quite good, it went over my expectations...
~de Arimasu
Oct 11, 2008 6:10 AM
Feb 2008
This episode was definitely better than the first, but it did seem fairly rushed.

Also, love the parrot. :]
Oct 11, 2008 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, the toki wo kakeru shoujo reference was funny !
Oh, I really like the opening ^^
This episode was a bit less funny than the first one, though i laughed during the basketball scence xD Looking forward to more !
Oct 11, 2008 7:06 AM

Jan 2008
Very good episode.
I really like Taiga. She isn't just like Louise and Shana. She called Ryuu-kun 'a dog' once or twice, but she's rather polite and not rude with him. Well, she does remind me of those two, but she's not their replicant.
Liked basketball scene, and confession was the cutiest tsundere confession I've ever seen<3 (I almost cried...). Also Kitamura was great here.

Ah, I forgot XD Inko-chan was great~

Oct 11, 2008 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
This was a damn good episode... glad I decided against preemptive dropping of the series... it's going in a nice direction and looks quite promising... I can't wait.
The pacing was perfect, the show KNEW when to be serious, and there was touching scenes delving into the character. Just what I've always wanted to see in a tsundere character.
Oct 11, 2008 8:48 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode, but im surprised on how fast they are going
Oct 11, 2008 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
Nice op! Is it a good idea to read the manga since I heard many scenes were taking out?
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Oct 11, 2008 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode.
The dog leveled up to dragon. xD
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.