Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 7, 2016 12:04 AM

Oct 2012
"I can't believe I still have some emotions"
Walk through men's bath & announcing it with a straight face, classic xD

"I'm impatient woman"
Because you're almost late for your flight? xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 7, 2016 9:00 PM

Jul 2015
I knew Descartes would be showing up sooner or later. Very enjoyable episode too
Nov 19, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2011
lol yeah, Major's just messing with the kid. I think that scene was definitely to show how much of a kid the kid is (in adult things lol) despite his wits and intellect.
Dec 7, 2016 9:13 AM
Dec 2016
"That kid had more spunk than I expected."

- Pedoko Kusanagi
Dec 19, 2016 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
That was a nice Misato Major centered episode!

But damn, who would had thought human to human conversations could instil beliefs of rising up the oppressed???? Silly Major, tricks emotions are for kids organics!

"But Major, can you see why kids love the taste words of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Kuze?"

Okay, I'm having too much fun with this, but this episode humorously (unintentionally) illustrated how out of touch the cyberized world is compared to the present ^.^

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jul 11, 2017 12:12 AM
Dec 2015
can anybody name the background music in this episode (starting at 7min, 0sec) ?
Jul 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Oct 2009
rathanabraham said:
can anybody name the background music in this episode (starting at 7min, 0sec) ?

Unfortunately that's just one of many unnamed and unreleased tracks that didn't make it onto the OST.
Jul 12, 2017 8:00 PM
Dec 2015
TopgunUK said:
rathanabraham said:

Unfortunately that's just one of many unnamed and unreleased tracks that didn't make it onto the OST.
Thanks a lot TopGun
Oct 8, 2017 12:16 AM
Mar 2017
How lucky is that child, he lay with Mayor and naked.
mexican style haha smugglers
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 10, 2017 8:34 AM

Apr 2017
Lucky and stupid kid.
--------
Jan 14, 2018 1:46 AM

May 2016
Damn lucky kid she offered you a once life time deal, anyway can we just appreciate the major bad ass ness in this episode especially when she grabbed that guy with his nose damn that was hilarious.
Mar 25, 2018 3:21 PM
Jun 2013
This was a sexy episode lol
Oct 7, 2018 6:22 AM

Feb 2014
Kusanagi looking for some shota action but the kid just wanted to cuddle.
May 25, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
Really love this episode.

Not only it's add more information about Kuze, but it also showed a little more world outside Japan, and made Major having some kind of R&R.

I've watched the major offering the kid sex at least a year prior on YouTube, but I more enjoyed it when watching an actual episode of it(even tho she's just teasing him). And that receptionist having a skeptical look on Major lol

And I love that major showed her own badassery without any help of other team members or HQ, and even her own capability as a top-tier hacker. Just simply her combat skills.
Dec 15, 2019 4:19 PM

Nov 2016
Although she was most likely just teasing him, I still would've answered with yes for the heck of it xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2020 3:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think the Major's casual attitude to her body and sex isn't just thrown in for casual fan service (even though she's so incredibly easy on the eyes). It has to do with the very essence of this show. Body and soul, cyborg and ghost, what happens to our sense of being and our attitudes around others when it becomes possible to replace our bodies? That's why she doesn't give 2 sheets about walking around like that. She probably even does it on purpose sometimes knowing she can have that effect on men.

About the offer to the kid, it was surely in jest. Had he said yes, she would have probably had come up with some excuse.

I hope Batou never finds out though, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2020 11:08 AM
Nov 2018
Roh/white hair guy has to be the paralyzed boy making all those cranes from that one episode where major was feeling nostalgia...everything feels like it’s setting up to this especially this episode.
Dec 19, 2021 4:43 AM

Sep 2021
Amazing performance by Tanaka and Takayama combi.

Major asking the kiddo if he wants to try to have sex with her. Go For It Boi!
May 5, 2022 5:40 AM
Dec 2013
Wow. Kusanagi is both a paedo and a slut. Lost all respect I had for her character.
Jul 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Apr 2020
Farabeuf said:
About the offer to the kid, it was surely in jest. Had he said yes, she would have probably had come up with some excuse.

My theory is that if the kid said he did want to find out, the Major would've just said "then the answer is no, we can't. Sorry kid." And then she'd just roll over and fall asleep.

I think the Major was just trying to see how ballsy the kid really was, but found out from that interaction that he doesn't truly have it in him to seal the deal. That giggle afterwards must've been her realizing he still has some innocence in him that he's trying to hide.
Oct 12, 2022 5:21 PM
Sep 2018
Monad said:
DarkShards said:
Major babysitting this kid was kind of annoying but the sex talk was hilarious!!!

I was laughing my ass with the way the receptionist was looking at her when she only booked a suite. She was definitely thinking the major picked-up the kid for some not so innocent intentions and i doubt the "mother" excuse convinced her but maybe it was enough for her not trying to mettle with other peoples business.

And btw people, the majors behavior wasn't about her being horny with the kid. She just has no regards on walking around with little cloths or by who she is being seen. You can also see how easily she walked in the men's baths without even flinching even for a second. She has very low shy levels and she's completely sexually liberated.
As about the proposal to the kid, she was just teasing him really.
Adramelech said:
Leibstandarte said:

Knowing the Major, she just treats her body as a tool. She was never much into appearances and decent dress codes as evidenced in season 1. Maybe, just maybe, she wanted her "groove" back even if it will only be for that night that's why she made not so subtle hints to the kid! LOL

That was just my assumption. She wanted to get lucky!

She was just kidding that's all.

I wonder if major was a man and the kid was a girl, how would you "omg major asked a kid for sex omg" people react?

this exactly. she was also putting him in his place because earlier in the episode he was stating at her breasts which wasn't needed IMO. she knew he's a kid with an ego that needed to be put in his place.
Dec 16, 2022 3:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"I think I'll pass"

Bruh I want whatever this kid's smoking

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 16, 2023 8:52 PM
Oct 2017
This kid should become a recurring character, and I'm not saying it just because the absolute massive mommy vibes Major had this episode.

Motoko having an adopted kid from the streets would bring possibilities to lots of characters development for both the kid and her, she would teach him more about how it is having a prosthetic body. Maybe I'm a massive Spy x Family fan, but the beauty of found family stories can't be denied.

Besides, who doesn't want a badass mom that kicks people's ass?

I know she was joking with the sex thing, asking such a thing feels incredibly personal, so Major did put the kid in a similar situation where he would have to dodge the question instead of her.

But really, Motoko mom is now my new obsession!
Jun 12, 2023 4:26 PM

Dec 2022
I think the writers were particularly horny in this episode, not that I'm complaining. I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that kid is either gay or an anspiring monk.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 2, 2:12 PM
Dec 2018
Mokoto's journey in helping an Asian child. The shock is that he is of the same type. I do not know whether he means that he is as perfect as Mokoto or not.

I liked the old man’s saying at the end of the episode: Know yourself and know your enemy and you will not lose even a hundred battles. This is a saying by Sun Tzu. I liked it in the context of the event because it is clear that Mokoto would have destroyed them if they had fought.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is Gouda Kazund the most underrated villain/antagonist ever?

Sasakop - Mar 21, 2023

4 by Darkfiend47 »»
Mar 30, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Oct 9, 2008

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 25 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

33 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

39 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

42 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.