Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2012 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
They are probably very different, but I see it being the most recommended anime. Just trying to get some additional feedback on this. Also in general, how are the action scenes?

Also, are there going to be more seasons? Is this season mostly just an introduction?

Other thoughts general on this?
Jul 27, 2012 8:03 PM

Dec 2007
For sure you will. The look and feel of the action scenes are great, mostly due to the superb background music and animation, but one big problem Jormungand has is that it doesn't fully establish its line between realism and over-the-topness. As a result, you don't get the same sense of danger as you would in Black Lagoon (even though Black Lagoon is probably more carefree and over-the-top). Basically, there are characters in Jormungand that can take way too many bullets, and can dodge way too many bullets. But overall, if you liked Black Lagoon, you will probably be into this as well, it's about the next closest thing I can think of to Black Lagoon.

By the way, Jormungand is mostly episodic, it follows the daily lives of arms dealers.
DunkyJul 27, 2012 8:10 PM
Sep 19, 2012 1:49 AM
Jun 2012
i have only watched the first episode and it already seems quite similar to black lagoon.
Dec 30, 2013 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
you probably will but your best be is to not try making comparisons and just watch it as a standalone show
Feb 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2014
No. This show is awful.

Just in case anyone wanders in here wondering whether or not to make the same mistake I did, and watch this mess based on that comparison.

This show is basically episodic gunfight ecchi. No attempt at even touching on any kind of real plot or thematic issues beyond that is made. The art is really bad and the characters are interchangeable. If you want boobs shooting other boobs with stilted dialogue and oddly-timed detailed verbal descriptions of weapons, have at it. Otherwise, just rewatch Black Lagoon.
Quality Queen.
Nov 6, 2015 6:37 PM
Dec 2013
RAWRfizzz said:
No. This show is awful.

Just in case anyone wanders in here wondering whether or not to make the same mistake I did, and watch this mess based on that comparison.

This show is basically episodic gunfight ecchi. No attempt at even touching on any kind of real plot or thematic issues beyond that is made. The art is really bad and the characters are interchangeable. If you want boobs shooting other boobs with stilted dialogue and oddly-timed detailed verbal descriptions of weapons, have at it. Otherwise, just rewatch Black Lagoon.

Your expectations are much too high, maam. This show is just fine. Jeez. You might be the type of person that'll count the amount of bullets shot out of a gun during a movie scene. Maybe my tune will change once I start and finished the second portion of the series, however, did you really dislike the animation, characters, and sound?

What are you trying to compare this show to, by the way?

Edit: Shit, maybe I'm wasting my breath here. You dislike quite a bit of anime that you watched. Nothing wrong with that, but your scores can be quite harsh. I'm surprised you didn't just drop the shows you rated <5 on. Instead, you watched them all the way through? Why?

あいつはM。
mibuwolf0Nov 6, 2015 6:45 PM
Mar 5, 2018 8:34 AM
Jul 2017
very different but still fun
May 3, 2020 5:01 PM

Jun 2015
mibuwolf0 said:
RAWRfizzz said:
No. This show is awful.

Your expectations are much too high, maam. This show is just fine. Jeez. You might be the type of person that'll count the amount of bullets shot out of a gun during a movie scene. Maybe my tune will change once I start and finished the second portion of the series, however, did you really dislike the animation, characters, and sound?

What are you trying to compare this show to, by the way?

Edit: Shit, maybe I'm wasting my breath here. You dislike quite a bit of anime that you watched. Nothing wrong with that, but your scores can be quite harsh. I'm surprised you didn't just drop the shows you rated <5 on. Instead, you watched them all the way through? Why?

あいつはM。
I didn't like the show either, but I guess I could've enjoyed it if I had a lot of knowledge about guns and politics crap. However this anime was too boring, just a lot of nonsense talk and action, no real story or meaning to it .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

164 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.