Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 4 Discussion


Jul 28, 2012 9:12 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 366
finally some divine fighting, the reason why i initially started this show,
but as the preview reveals, next week will be your common harem comedy.
-->"stay indecisive"
after all 8/10
 
Jul 28, 2012 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
darthfanta said:
kantori said:
What was that lance from? Is it mentioned in the Light Novel or manga? I immediately thought perhaps it was the spear that pierced Lord Jesus side? My assumptions was solely based on what Godou said piercing about even her (at Athena) but I'm also thinking it's probably something Greek based mythology?
Erica's spear is the longinius spear, the one Longinius the Roman centurion pierced Jesus with. And no, it's not from Greek mythology. The mythologies from this show isn't limited to those of one religion. For example, Athena's from Greek mythology whilst Verethragna is from Zoroastrianism, a religion from Persia that's still worshiped today. Deities from Japanese,Scandinavian,Celtic Hebrew, Egyptian, Chinese,Phoenician, Hindu and Roman religions also come into play in this show.
The problem with the lance is that it was destroyed last episode by Athena so I am still WTF is up? The spear clearly vanished after it failed last episode.

Goes back to WTF is it still in one piece for?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jul 28, 2012 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 28
WHAT THE HELL WITH '' Stay Indecisive ''

Damn , I wanted a good romance/action , but another harem comedy ? Such a waste , after I really loved the gods stories :(
 
Jul 28, 2012 10:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 82
Yumekichi11 said:
darthfanta said:
kantori said:
What was that lance from? Is it mentioned in the Light Novel or manga? I immediately thought perhaps it was the spear that pierced Lord Jesus side? My assumptions was solely based on what Godou said piercing about even her (at Athena) but I'm also thinking it's probably something Greek based mythology?
Erica's spear is the longinius spear, the one Longinius the Roman centurion pierced Jesus with. And no, it's not from Greek mythology. The mythologies from this show isn't limited to those of one religion. For example, Athena's from Greek mythology whilst Verethragna is from Zoroastrianism, a religion from Persia that's still worshiped today. Deities from Japanese,Scandinavian,Celtic Hebrew, Egyptian, Chinese,Phoenician, Hindu and Roman religions also come into play in this show.
The problem with the lance is that it was destroyed last episode by Athena so I am still WTF is up? The spear clearly vanished after it failed last episode.

Goes back to WTF is it still in one piece for?


it isn't the actual spear but a spell which erica transmute into form to use, so as long she has the magical capacity she could keep transmuting it out even if it is destroyed
 
Jul 28, 2012 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2836
And that's the end of Athena. At least for now...
 
Jul 28, 2012 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2236
Really enjoyed the fighting scenes.. although it is not that epic but it is entertaining... loving this anime now..

 
Jul 28, 2012 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15757
gamerguy50 said:
adult athena hot.... too bad her voice is still child -.-


Yeah it felt like the voice was wrong after she changed form.

Kurogashi said:
Are all these mythologies in this anime correct? Or is it altered/made up?


Some made up some are truth. She was truly the goddess controlling the Gorgons(snakes) and that made Meduca. She's a goddess of wisdom and war but not like Aris. Unlike Aris who was only about combat, about creating conflict and winning by aggressiveness she was about wise war and strategy and she even prefer using politics to avoid conflicts.
All the stuff about her being the ruler of all and getting defeated by Zeus where anime bullshit though. Athena never was the ruler of all Gods. She never fought Zeus for the throne. She came out of Zeu's head after he swallowed her mother to avoid her birth but later become probably his most favorite daughter despite the fear he had of her.
Modified by Monad, Jul 28, 2012 2:07 PM
 
Jul 28, 2012 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
This was an alright episode. It was better then the last three, that's for sure. It would've been a lot better if Kusanagi had actually killed Athena. But hey, she's a loli now, they may need her later in the harem show!
 
Jul 28, 2012 4:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 75
This episode somehow reminded me of Unlimited Blade Works. The people here who watched UTW will understand what I mean.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 28, 2012 9:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Yep, Unlimited Blade works. I love how this show doesn't even hide the fact that it is a harem, it embraces it. The mix of mythology, action, comedy, and harem "romance" works pretty well. I agree with others though that there is still something it needs but I can't figure out what, maybe more epic music.

I find Erica to be a complete bad ass though.
See the invisible
 
Jul 28, 2012 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
GarethXL said:
Yumekichi11 said:
darthfanta said:
kantori said:
What was that lance from? Is it mentioned in the Light Novel or manga? I immediately thought perhaps it was the spear that pierced Lord Jesus side? My assumptions was solely based on what Godou said piercing about even her (at Athena) but I'm also thinking it's probably something Greek based mythology?
Erica's spear is the longinius spear, the one Longinius the Roman centurion pierced Jesus with. And no, it's not from Greek mythology. The mythologies from this show isn't limited to those of one religion. For example, Athena's from Greek mythology whilst Verethragna is from Zoroastrianism, a religion from Persia that's still worshiped today. Deities from Japanese,Scandinavian,Celtic Hebrew, Egyptian, Chinese,Phoenician, Hindu and Roman religions also come into play in this show.
The problem with the lance is that it was destroyed last episode by Athena so I am still WTF is up? The spear clearly vanished after it failed last episode.

Goes back to WTF is it still in one piece for?


it isn't the actual spear but a spell which erica transmute into form to use, so as long she has the magical capacity she could keep transmuting it out even if it is destroyed
Ok that was totally not mentioned. Now that's not cool but thanks for explaining it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jul 28, 2012 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 998
Yumekichi11 said:
GarethXL said:
Yumekichi11 said:
darthfanta said:
kantori said:
What was that lance from? Is it mentioned in the Light Novel or manga? I immediately thought perhaps it was the spear that pierced Lord Jesus side? My assumptions was solely based on what Godou said piercing about even her (at Athena) but I'm also thinking it's probably something Greek based mythology?
Erica's spear is the longinius spear, the one Longinius the Roman centurion pierced Jesus with. And no, it's not from Greek mythology. The mythologies from this show isn't limited to those of one religion. For example, Athena's from Greek mythology whilst Verethragna is from Zoroastrianism, a religion from Persia that's still worshiped today. Deities from Japanese,Scandinavian,Celtic Hebrew, Egyptian, Chinese,Phoenician, Hindu and Roman religions also come into play in this show.
The problem with the lance is that it was destroyed last episode by Athena so I am still WTF is up? The spear clearly vanished after it failed last episode.

Goes back to WTF is it still in one piece for?


it isn't the actual spear but a spell which erica transmute into form to use, so as long she has the magical capacity she could keep transmuting it out even if it is destroyed
Ok that was totally not mentioned. Now that's not cool but thanks for explaining it.
If you paid a little attention, you would've noticed it was the same spear she summoned and sent back to turn into a beast form... She did show it off in the battle before... the shape was the same... :x
 
Jul 29, 2012 2:38 PM
Trickster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1508
Really liked the battle in this one. Godou really stuck it to her.

And man, Erika is fantastic. A perfect #1. Fine as hell.
 
Jul 29, 2012 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 998
Todd_Jensen said:
And man, Erika is fantastic. A perfect #1. Fine as hell.
I'd rather have Athena as a #1. Not only is she more powerful, she would have knowledge on every other god, including knowledge that humans would never even considered possible... :O
 
Jul 30, 2012 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 853
Interested to see what other gods they reveal this season, I can think of a few I'd love to see him face off against.
StardustNyako said:
If you had multiple anime on the screen at once it'd all be jumbled up. Kaneki Ken might become a ninja who guides souls to the afterlife Battlefront where they find peace and reincarnate to AIs.
 
Jul 30, 2012 2:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Monad said:
gamerguy50 said:
adult athena hot.... too bad her voice is still child -.-


Yeah it felt like the voice was wrong after she changed form.

Kurogashi said:
Are all these mythologies in this anime correct? Or is it altered/made up?


Some made up some are truth. She was truly the goddess controlling the Gorgons(snakes) and that made Meduca. She's a goddess of wisdom and war but not like Aris. Unlike Aris who was only about combat, about creating conflict and winning by aggressiveness she was about wise war and strategy and she even prefer using politics to avoid conflicts.
All the stuff about her being the ruler of all and getting defeated by Zeus where anime bullshit though. Athena never was the ruler of all Gods. She never fought Zeus for the throne. She came out of Zeu's head after he swallowed her mother to avoid her birth but later become probably his most favorite daughter despite the fear he had of her.


It wasn't bullshit, if you actually understood the language instead of reading subs. All Goudou said was she was originally never meant to be Zeus daughter but would have been the queen of the gods, which is what would have happened if Metis had given birthed to her. Don't forget Zeus Swallowed Metis because he fear of the prophesy that she would bear children that would be more powerful then Zeus himself.

Problem is they added some stuff that was not in any version of Athena's background.
Modified by zengarzanvolt, Jul 30, 2012 2:37 AM
 
Jul 30, 2012 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3368
I'm in love with Athena's seiyuu

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
 
Jul 30, 2012 3:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 39
The episode was quite nice. I, for one, actually like the explanations about the ancient gods and the facts concerning all the Greek mythology & whatnot.
But man, how grateful am I for Godou to actually USE his Golden Sword efficiently. Also, he is one of the few characters that I've seen to actually use the typical thousand-flying-blades attack correctly. I would have cried if he left them there for the sole purpose of 'decorating' the battlefield like Byakuya's 'Senkei' form of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi from Bleach. I mean, seriously, you have a thousand flying blades around you and you don't use them? Lol?

Waiting eagerly for the next episode~
 
Jul 30, 2012 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8101
The battle seemed like a card game.nice episode!
 
Jul 31, 2012 4:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 69
Ahh , Athena is so cute at first but when she change , she become a Goddess of beauty xD and I just love the way Goudo and Erica kiss. So sweet xDD
 
Jul 31, 2012 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 831
bmadfsh said:
I liked the episode, but the kissing is getting over the top for me..don't want to see toungue. But I guess that's what I get for not liking too much ecchi and watching ecchi...

Still annoyed by how Erica suddenly goes from tsundere to the way she is now with 0 development in between. Also annoyed by how well Godou can fight (even if he's a champione, you'd think he'd need to get used to his powers first). ANOTHER thing annoying to me is having kissing as the way to transfer knowledge and information; it's just for more ecchi.


I believe people say it was the time skip in between that made her turn that way and made Godou a better fighter? Either way, haven't read the LN so yes it's also bullshit to me.
 
Aug 1, 2012 2:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 693
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that Unlimited Blade Works.

And about the Lance, just think about it like Archer does in F/SN. He doesn't use the actual weapon. He just traces a copy.
 
Aug 2, 2012 11:37 PM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9794
Loli censored by smoke :[. Great episode, wish I could see a bit more action instead of the spouting words and then swords going 1 by 1.
 
Aug 3, 2012 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 52
the infinity sword is just like reality marble in fate stay night...
[/URL]
 
Aug 3, 2012 11:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4073
The sequence during which Godou recited Athena's history felt so amazing. Combined with the splendid BGM and the fluid animation it was a sight to behold (I'm kinda sounding like an infomercial but it's true :P). 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
Aug 4, 2012 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
Great improvement! Liked it alot.

To see my full review of this episode go here: http://animeordie.blogspot.com/2012/08/campione-412.html
 
Aug 4, 2012 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 105
Kurogashi said:
Are all these mythologies in this anime correct? Or is it altered/made up?


They're actually quite accurate after a fashion.

It is true that many "gods and goddesses" myths were rewritten throughout the ages and incorporated or dispensed with depending on the culture. New culture is created which means others are destroyed.

There were some historic cultures which venerated "The Goddess" above all other incarnations but eventually, most human cultures became male-dominated and it only stands to reason that myths would crop up and supercede female-dominated myths as a consequence.

The idea that the power of an icon, an ideal, can be strengthened or weakened with blasphemy (Words of Power) is a very real phenomena in society. Watching the hero recite these Words of Power to weaken Athena's Divine Power was not just a lot of fun, it's a plot-device with a real-world lesson to consider.
 
Aug 5, 2012 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2838
Great episode, this was much better than the previous 3 episodes.
I'm looking forward to some more gods and action, but I really want to see character development.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
 
Aug 6, 2012 1:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 53
good episode and timing. Made me second guess about thinking of dropping this.
hopefully the ones that follow this don't disappoint ^.~
 
Aug 14, 2012 1:25 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 846
Ok, I haven't finished the episode yet, but is this Athena? Where's her helm, spear and shield, and why is she using a bow? And is that blue stuff on her head supposed to be olive leaves?! Not only they got her aspect completely wrong, they didn't research her symbols at all.
Modified by Arashi89, Aug 14, 2012 1:28 AM
 
Sep 9, 2012 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8091
The golden space created by Godou's Divine Right reminds me of a cross between Gate of Babylon and Unlimited Blade Works from the Fate franchise... anyway, it's a visually striking attack.

I don't know whether to call the french kissing as a means to transfer knowledge a unique, unusual concept or a pretextual gimmick to allow for some fanservice. Anyway, that was a display of excellent teamwork between Godou and Erica against Athena.

I'm starting to get curious about Liliana, she and Erica seemed to know each other and it seemed that she's also a fellow knight but probably working under a different authority.
 
Oct 1, 2012 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1077
Monad said:
All the stuff about her being the ruler of all and getting defeated by Zeus where anime bullshit though. Athena never was the ruler of all Gods. She never fought Zeus for the throne. She came out of Zeu's head after he swallowed her mother to avoid her birth but later become probably his most favorite daughter despite the fear he had of her.
Maybe just me, but when Godou said the male gods under Zeus revolted against her, I’m interpreting it more as Zeus’ religion (stuffs we know as Greek mythology) is the one who defeated Athena (religion) and downplayed her.

One of the similar thing I remember is the Enuma Elish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enuma_Elish)
This epic is one of the most important sources for understanding the Babylonian worldview, centered on the supremacy of Marduk and the creation of humankind for the service of the gods. Its primary original purpose, however, is not an exposition of theology or theogony but the elevation of Marduk, the chief god of Babylon, above other Mesopotamian gods.
Human shaped the gods

Not so sure about how Godou called her winged serpent though. The only winged serpent god of wisdom I know is in America, not Europe
But North Africa myths are not so popular in modern times
 
Oct 5, 2012 1:11 AM
originanime

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 10413
Cant stop thinking about Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon every time Godou using his power.

Though the conclusion to the battle was pretty awesome, not gunna lie.
 
Dec 18, 2012 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2250
This was a beast episode. I liked the battle. So his name is now engraved in Athena's part. I wonder if she will meddle with the love love
 
Dec 21, 2012 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25569
Another epic episode with an amazing battle! He does seem to be gentle even for his enemies! Either way love it so far lets see what's next!
 
Jul 1, 2013 11:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3100
Athena have got to be part of Godou's harem. Also great episode.
Erica best girl.
 
Sep 26, 2013 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 320
A demon who cannot be controlled by anyone? Looks to me like he is very easily controlled by the women around him.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
 
Nov 18, 2013 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1182
Well I wanted to give this a 5/5 but it was lacking for me so i gave it a 4/5 which still isnt that bad.
 
Feb 18, 2014 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
So Godou has a Reality Marble now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 126
i do like how Erica has powered up from kiss on the cheek, kiss on the mouth and screw it... now there's gotta be tongue involved for it to work better.

Godou you lucky sob... and he doesn't even think himself lucky.

The mythologies is interesting even if like almost every religion and history it's all dependant on how you see it, rather than what it really is/was...
 
Apr 3, 2014 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2561
And the harem expands!!!!!
 
Apr 13, 2014 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 773
Great episode and some more boldness from Erica, Godou still quite unsure ^^.
So nice fight against Athena, that gold sword is so cool and Athena is back to her loli form and her leife his spared cool guess it ain't over with her. Surely people will notice that giant hole xD.
 
Oct 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1150
UNLIMITED (golden) BLADE WORKS!

Godou continues to be the worst part of this show. He's such a goddamn wet end. I never thought I'd find a main character who objects this strongly to kissing a beautiful girl. Grow a pair of balls, you worthless twit. Then use them on Erica.

Hell, she even seems willing to share, as long as she stays #1. Seriously, what more could you ask for?
 
Nov 6, 2014 11:06 AM
Worst One

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1002
Well that was a big improvement after the last episode being boring as fuck, Hope this continues as this episode was genuinely good with some nice action.
 
Jan 23, 2016 4:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 27652
Seems like the priestess became the cockblocking girl now... in a show with almost no fanservice already this seems kinda unnecessary -_-
 
Mar 21, 2016 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3106
"in a show with almost no fanservice" wut

Interesting battle. Thought it was going to end sooner that it originally was.
 
Jul 6, 2016 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
Fairly good episode, of course he couldn't kill a loli
 
Nov 9, 2016 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3274
I'm glad Godou spared Athena because I like her character for some reason(not cause she's a Loli).
 
Oct 4, 2017 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 21083
Hm, decent fight, the first half of it was kind of boring but the ending when Erica appeared was awesome :3 Of course he couldn't kill Athena lol. Now even though I took a mythology course we didn't go THAT in depth about Athena, but I'm assuming they did their research and didn't make up all that backstory. I guess even if they did it's interesting enough :P So Mariya joins the harem, and Erica seems to be OK with her being #2 as long as she's #1 XD Surprised this arc was over so quickly, but maybe there's something we're missing here (as they suggested in the episode). Either way Liliana's probably going to be the next focus/addition, then we have another sword-wielding girl, going by the ED at least :P
 
Mar 21, 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 541
Combining unlimited blade works with gate of babylon, the author must've really liked fate stay night.

 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »