Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2012 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This discussion is for episode 212-213 after 22:20
Mushrooms, Bears, and the Detective Boys, Part Two

Ah that was not who I expected the murderer to be.. I feel the same way as Haibara does, it is rather annoying when a human goes so far that they value an animal's life over another humans.. Yeah sure he was cruel and maybe he deserved some kind of punishment.. But he's dead now, DEAD. How can he ever make up for his actions if hes dead.. Can't.

That's a little extreme to take it, maybe he could've argued with the guy and it would've scared off Jubei, I don't know, but either way shooting him is going too far for a bear to die... Seems all the kids were on Jubei's side though.

/Rant
Nov 12, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2010
A sort of enjoyable case. Even though the motive was revenge, it was more recent and had some nice history. But we never even got to see the victim so the impact was greatly reduced. An interesting puzzle with the mushrooms.
Nov 21, 2013 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
A sort of enjoyable case. Even though the motive was revenge, it was more recent and had some nice history. But we never even got to see the victim so the impact was greatly reduced. An interesting puzzle with the mushrooms.

This is the kind of case that makes you wonder who is the bigger monster.

But on a lighter note, does Haibara like Mitsuhiko back? Hehe, I kinda hope so.
Feb 3, 2014 6:12 PM

May 2011
killing a human because he was about to kill an animal !? you gatta be kidding! that old man must be crazy.. even if he used such cheap trick to take that bear down,, it's not a reasonable reason to kill him :/
Oct 24, 2015 3:40 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well I am sort of happy that he died ._.
It's not like I am putting everytime the life of an animal before that of an human.
It's the same to me. And this guy was just a son of a b**ch. But big time.
Killing a little one and hanging it up a tree to get the mother out and try to kill her while she tries to save her baby.
I dont care if it happens with humans or animals. That's just having a bad bad soul inside.

Jan 19, 2016 4:18 AM

Jan 2014
Who would have guessed? :)
Feb 20, 2016 1:47 AM

Feb 2014
Yiuumii said:
Well I am sort of happy that he died ._.
It's not like I am putting everytime the life of an animal before that of an human.
It's the same to me. And this guy was just a son of a b**ch. But big time.
Killing a little one and hanging it up a tree to get the mother out and try to kill her while she tries to save her baby.
I dont care if it happens with humans or animals. That's just having a bad bad soul inside.
Yup, I sort of agree with this.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Feb 22, 2016 5:40 PM

Jan 2015
That's a strong message there. It's actually the first time ever that Conan finds a murderer and does NOT deliver him to the police. I do agree with it, hunters are scum, I cannot fathom how in this day and age this activity can still be considered as a sport.

And to the OP stating that the dead guy could have made up for his actions, guess what, the cub also died and he didn't even do anything to make amends for.

Anyway, it is a statement as to what the author considers to be really wrong, and I'm glad he issued it.
Jan 7, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty enjoyable episode. The cub was so cute, and glad that it went back to his mum.
Mitsuhiko now likes Haibara not anymore Ayumi.
Apr 2, 2020 2:24 AM
Nov 2018
جزء ثاني جميل أيضا
Apr 4, 2020 10:24 AM

Jun 2017
WolfWood37 said:
But on a lighter note, does Haibara like Mitsuhiko back? Hehe, I kinda hope so.

She doesn't. The reason Conan was smirking at her was because he understood what Haibara was doing. She was trying to make Mitsuhiko get discouraged of her. It was obvious that he is having a crush on her. So that's why Haibara was smiling when Misuhiko's attention diverted to Ayumi.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 21, 2020 5:03 AM

Dec 2007
it's not that i justify taking human lives for animals, but his motive was better than most of the culprits in the series.

and i wondered about that look in the face of haibara just like conan ;)
Oct 4, 2023 9:23 AM
Nov 2022
ok so , i was half correct. The old guy wasn't a "murderer" in the sense i was thinking, yeah he killed someone but the meaning behind it was justified (FOR ME). Killing animals for sport is soo inhumane, there's a reason why people tend to favor animals more than themselves, not that i agree with it but it's not that I don't understand what he did. The story about the bear was like a crazy reach though, not alot of wild animals do that so i'm not entirely sure how realistic that part might be. but this def was a plottwist i didn't expect

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

2 by Estoy_Gordo »»
Apr 19, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
Apr 19, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Apr 18, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.