Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2012 3:58 PM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
it kinda ended sadly i wonder if D-boy ever fully recover except lost memmories sincehis nerve connections been detroyed he can onl create new ones by learning for him "new things" .

Overal
Nice, with time forgotten anime. It would desereve at least better quality version then what we can get. Even some kind of remake or something to revive the story.
8/10

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 7, 2012 12:25 AM

Feb 2012
This anime had a really, really nice ending. It is so sad for Blade, forced to kill his own family and unable to escape losing his mind. But he fought and fought and never complained. By the time he reached his big brother and the Radam mothership, there was nothing left of him except his hatred and determination to kill all Radam. I also felt a bit sad for Pegas. Even though it was an automaton, it was always by his side, even when D-Boy forgot what it is and told it to leave. In the end Aki and D-Boy were finally able to get together, but there is no telling how extensive the damage to his brain is and that's not something you can just heal.

Anyway, D-Boy really is a "space knight" who gave his all and asked for nothing.
Sep 13, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
This ending was way too forced and the fact that takaya survived for pretty much no real reason as well as the fact that the entire reason he even beat omega is due to loads of plot armor and deus ex machina really took away alot of attachment i had with this

the show had a interesting and at time gripping plot that reached true greatness, but the execution was unforgivable for alot of the show, characters were all pretty shallow aside from balzak and to a certain extent freeman who seem to be the only 2 characters that had any resemblance of development or more to them than just their initial appearance. The pacing was slow for times it shouldnt have been and in general the execution made some scenes laughably bad

HOWEVER, it did still manage to tell a interesting plot and did a good job ending most of the episodes on cliffhangers that make you want to watch the next episodes. The shows flaws should have been enough to bring it down to just being a bad anime that would be forgotten after watching it, but the plot as poorly executed as it was did have resemblances of greatness and at points did actually reach greatness, even if only temporarily. I give this a mid 6/10, i enjoyed it despite all its very apparent flaws,

I second the sentiment that this deserves a remake, it'd be great to see this fix many of these execution flaws, and honestly this series would work better as a 26 ep series than this 50 ep one as too much of it was drawn out and there were a unforgivable amount of fillers that brought nothing to the show, that and it'd be good to see a animation bump cause while there were times it looked great in this show, 70% of the time the show looked like it was made in 1972 than 1992

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 26, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
loved first arc, 25 episodes but after it... meh disappointed
Jun 4, 2015 9:19 PM

Jul 2010
lakisa said:
loved first arc, 25 episodes but after it... meh disappointed

Pretty much this...I'll give it a 7/10.
Aug 14, 2016 5:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Started well, then went downhill, and had hits and misses towards the end. Many likeable characters that could have been fleshed out more and some other storytelling chances were missed as well. D-Boy losing his mind at the end was a nice touch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 24, 2017 6:04 PM

Apr 2011
there was nothing quite as satisfying as watching Blade slice through the parasite ship that mind raped him and his family for an entire year. Just... nothing better.

So, Blade lives, but he lost his memory, all of it. That's horribly sad, but still.. it does fit as an ending. Aki takes care of him, Noal is disabled, humanity survived... as guess as far as endings go, that's as much as I could've hoped for.

The first half had a better storyline, but the second half had better character development. The animation could be rather off @ times, but overall it was really quite good.
The OST was great [not including the terrible 1st op], voice acting was stellar, the main cast was likable, but Aki and D-boy were especially good.
At times I felt like I could've given this a 9, but it just lacked that extra push it needed [less recaps, more development for some characters, some plot points were a little under explained], so I'm settling w/ giving a 8 instead.

mecharobot said:
This anime had a really, really nice ending. It is so sad for Blade, forced to kill his own family and unable to escape losing his mind. But he fought and fought and never complained. By the time he reached his big brother and the Radam mothership, there was nothing left of him except his hatred and determination to kill all Radam. I also felt a bit sad for Pegas. Even though it was an automaton, it was always by his side, even when D-Boy forgot what it is and told it to leave. In the end Aki and D-Boy were finally able to get together, but there is no telling how extensive the damage to his brain is and that's not something you can just heal.

Anyway, D-Boy really is a "space knight" who gave his all and asked for nothing.

My feelings exactly. I really enjoyed his character and in turn, this show.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
May 25, 2017 8:46 AM

Jul 2008
Did they offer an explanation for sudden powerups during battle in one of the previous episodes? I don't remember. Pegas coming in for the save was a surprise.

At times I got annoyed by the dialogue, it felt like all they said were their names. How many times did they say D-boy? This is definitely an anime that would benefit from being trimmed down to 26 or less.
May 6, 2019 7:32 PM

Apr 2013
this was very nostalgic to rewatch it again from the childhood when it was on TV channel called FoxKids or something like that if I remember right.
Sep 7, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
One of the best things from this anime are definitely the openings. I always never skipped them.
Oct 29, 2019 9:06 PM

Mar 2016
Classic tragedy.

Not sure why some people have decided to split this into some first/second half division. It's the same story even with a very slight time skip....

It seems like the character designs changed every episode, and sometimes by scene, I especially noticed it with Aki.

After episode 10 some weird problems with the dialogue seemed to fade out and the only 'issue' I really had was how much the people on Earth were ignoring the Radam trees. Before they transformed they seemed like something that could have been taken care of slowly even just on a local level. Though a drinking game involving D-Boy's name would prove deadly. It could be messy at times sure, but I don't share the sentiments of some of the people ITT, each episode was uniquely structured in a way to be engaging on an individual level. No 50/50 formulaic shit from what I could tell. That's not something you often see with an anime of this length.

The whole conflict, at its center being D-Boy's dysfunctional family and Shinya's (perceived) rivalry with his brother, was very interesting. That the mind control didn't change their personalities was the best decision the writers could have made.
syncrogazerJan 5, 2021 4:47 PM
Feb 6, 2021 8:40 AM
Jan 2019
Fantastic anime. The Episode 46 made me cry at Shinya's audiomessage, Episode 47 made me feel for both Balzac and Sword, episode 48 made me cry at Shinya's death, final episode broke me once Pegas came to save D-boy... the way Pegas' voice sounded so broken and the oil tears was so clever, i simply lost it and bawled. Then the ending where Takaya is in vegetative state, now free to live the rest of his life with Aki, in peace... it was so touching.

One of the best anime i've seen.

I don't support complaints about number of episodes, i think 49 episodes is fantastic, if it would be 26 then it would be too fast... i enjoyed the filler moments, i love the episode with Noal's family and with Girl in the Castle. Those fun silly moments allow for more empathy towards characters.
Especially Rebin, i love the moments with him, one of my favorite characters here.

Freeman is one of best commanders i've ever seen in Anime, stoic, never blames anyone and always focuses on how to deal with the situation. That's why i felt broken when i saw him crying at Episode 47.

The entire Radam conflict was intriguing to me, and final confrontation was an epic finale. I have never seen this sort of final battle in other anime, it's so unlike today's shounen endings that it's fantastic. This is drama writing i love about 90's anime.
Jul 28, 2023 10:13 PM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
This ending was way too forced and the fact that takaya survived for pretty much no real reason as well as the fact that the entire reason he even beat omega is due to loads of plot armor and deus ex machina really took away alot of attachment i had with this

the show had a interesting and at time gripping plot that reached true greatness, but the execution was unforgivable for alot of the show, characters were all pretty shallow aside from balzak and to a certain extent freeman who seem to be the only 2 characters that had any resemblance of development or more to them than just their initial appearance. The pacing was slow for times it shouldnt have been and in general the execution made some scenes laughably bad

HOWEVER, it did still manage to tell a interesting plot and did a good job ending most of the episodes on cliffhangers that make you want to watch the next episodes. The shows flaws should have been enough to bring it down to just being a bad anime that would be forgotten after watching it, but the plot as poorly executed as it was did have resemblances of greatness and at points did actually reach greatness, even if only temporarily. I give this a mid 6/10, i enjoyed it despite all its very apparent flaws,

I second the sentiment that this deserves a remake, it'd be great to see this fix many of these execution flaws, and honestly this series would work better as a 26 ep series than this 50 ep one as too much of it was drawn out and there were a unforgivable amount of fillers that brought nothing to the show, that and it'd be good to see a animation bump cause while there were times it looked great in this show, 70% of the time the show looked like it was made in 1972 than 1992
I am kind of in agreement with you in alot of your points so I will just this short. I think execution and more fleshed out characters was what really bothered me over all. I understand the theme they were going with about Takaya (D-Boy) Loosing his memories, but I think honestly the writers could not come up with any more reasonable scenerio's for this story so they just went with that for the entire series. Its ironic it started out as D-bay pretending to be someone to hide his true motives, but then eventually sucombs to loosing every piece of him self until he's basically cametose by the end. The ending was very rushed I also felt. I mean we did not get hardly anything with Sword and the main villiain Omega. Also correct if im wrong but was the older brother ever forshadowed at all in the early series because I don't remember his name being mentioned back when they shown the first back story of what happened the Radam took over there spacecraft and his father sent Takaya to earth. 

The whole rivarly theme that the series explored between the twin brothers was also pretty stupid. Like they were 8 or 10 years old and fought as kids, so this justifies them wanting to kill each other later on? lol right. Anyways 5/10 for me. Going to watch Tekkaman Blade II now and see if that is any better. 
ArtimesGamerOct 11, 2023 4:49 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sub vs. Dub in Tekkaman Blade?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 5

0 by JoNuttanon1994 »»
Feb 5, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade Episode 46 Discussion

Farabeuf - Aug 14, 2016

5 by walla »»
Aug 31, 2023 8:20 AM

Poll: » Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade Episode 39 Discussion

CountZeroOr - Aug 18, 2014

5 by walla »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:55 AM

Poll: » Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade Episode 26 Discussion

Farabeuf - Jul 26, 2016

4 by walla »»
Aug 13, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade Episode 48 Discussion

AngelicTotoro - Feb 24, 2017

2 by ArtimesGamer »»
Jul 28, 2023 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.