Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2012 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
According to Hakusensha, an OVA of Sakura Taisen Kanadegumi was announced to be released on September 20th. It will be bundled with the first volume of the comic book.

Sakura Taisen Kanadegumi official website

A spin-off manga of Sakura Taisen series. As a rookie member of The Imperial Kanade Division, Miyabi Neko beats off enemies with other handsome male members.

Source: JHakusensha

Sakura Taisen: Kanadegumi on MAL
NaruleachSep 8, 2012 7:47 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 25, 2012 5:05 PM

Jun 2011
Looks meh.
Jul 25, 2012 5:06 PM

Jan 2012
>.>
Maybe I'll give it a try.
Jul 25, 2012 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
Sounds familier< but then I looked at the site, might check it out of curiosity.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 25, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
Not my cup of tea.
I watch you sleep <3
Jul 25, 2012 5:35 PM

Jan 2012
eh..
I'll give it a try I guess
Jul 25, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
"Based on the otome game."

No thanks.
Jul 25, 2012 5:49 PM

Jun 2008
The adaption of an otome game? I'm in <3
Jul 25, 2012 5:54 PM

Apr 2011
i'm a sucker for reverse harems as much as the next fan girl. I'll give it ago :3
Jul 25, 2012 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
Not interested, reminds me of an anime that made me fell asleep.
Jul 25, 2012 5:57 PM
Mar 2011
I like the games francise so ill now read the manga then wtach the anime
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 25, 2012 6:13 PM

Jan 2009
i thought a new or remake of Sakura Taisen i watch that on axn-asia back in the old days and lots of action and mecha

but this one is a spin-off shoujo and slice of life it seems
Jul 25, 2012 6:41 PM

Feb 2012
Shoujo...Reverse harem... not my type...
Jul 25, 2012 7:23 PM

Aug 2011
Reverse harem? Lol.

athlonxp said:
dtshyk said:
beats off enemies with other handsome male members.
Nice.
LOL.
Jul 25, 2012 7:27 PM

Jun 2011
Hmmm not much to be sure. "based on otome game" "reverse harem" just that and the art isn't really enough to make me sure if I should check this out or not.
Well I'll probably watch the ova and see if it's interesting enough for me to read the manga.
Jul 25, 2012 8:54 PM
Mar 2010
I don't get why people who don't like reverse harems comment on this lol. if you don't like it, don't comment on it....

well haters are gonna hate but us fans are gonna say YAY!

LunaAug 7, 2012 11:58 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 25, 2012 9:14 PM

Dec 2007
Reverse harem? In MY Sakura Taisen? *sighs, depressed* I disapprove. I'm fine with them existing but don't clutter a cool 90's universe with it.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jul 25, 2012 10:04 PM

Feb 2011
How it was meant to be read:
dtshyk said:
...Miyabi Neko beats off enemies with other handsome male members.

How I actually read it:

dtshyk said:
...Miyabi Neko beats off other handsome male members.

LunaSep 8, 2012 11:13 PM
Jul 25, 2012 10:35 PM

Feb 2012
phoenixalia said:
I don't get

Well, forums are made for people to express their opinions. I stated my opinion. You state your opinion. Period.

Now, I just expressed my opinion again. I felt like I got offended by what you said.
LunaAug 7, 2012 11:59 PM
Jul 25, 2012 10:37 PM

Nov 2007
Nice. Might try this.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 26, 2012 3:34 AM
May 2007
A reverse harem in Sakura Taisen universe? I've wished for this once!

Jul 26, 2012 6:00 AM

Dec 2007
HauntingShock said:
phoenixalia said:
I don't get

Well, forums are made for people to express their opinions. I stated my opinion. You state your opinion. Period.

Now, I just expressed my opinion again. I felt like I got offended by what you said.

For what it's worth, I agree with her. If someone came simply to go, "I hate reverse harems", then personally I don't feel it is an opinion worth expressing.

The only reason I'm upset is because I'm genuinely a fan of the Sakura Taisen universe, and I liked the fact that even though there were multiple girls and one guy, it was NEVER a harem. They didn't fall over the commander--he was just there. The girls all had their own, individual lives. That's something you can't get in anime these days, to the point that I can't even bother to watch a series that has a promo pic of multiple members of one gender and one member of the other because it's usually going to fall into a bunch of harem tropes.

To see Sakura Taisen fall to this, it upsets me.
LunaAug 7, 2012 11:59 PM
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jul 26, 2012 7:07 AM

Jan 2010
"Based on the otome game"...omg =__=
I think that the OVA will be boring :3
Jul 26, 2012 8:22 AM

Feb 2011
SageShinigami said:
HauntingShock said:
phoenixalia said:
I don't get

For what it's worth, I agree with her. If someone came simply to go, "I hate reverse harems", then personally I don't feel it is an opinion worth expressing.

The only reason I'm upset is because I'm genuinely a fan of the Sakura Taisen universe, and I liked the fact that even though there were multiple girls and one guy, it was NEVER a harem. They didn't fall over the commander--he was just there. The girls all had their own, individual lives. That's something you can't get in anime these days, to the point that I can't even bother to watch a series that has a promo pic of multiple members of one gender and one member of the other because it's usually going to fall into a bunch of harem tropes.

To see Sakura Taisen fall to this, it upsets me.

Some people come in not expecting it to be reverse harem, find out it is, and then say they don't want to watch it. They aren't typing "I hate reverse harems they suck ass", they are simply saying "I'm not going to watch this because I don't like reverse harems." That is quite obviously an opinion, not trolling.

Then SHE comes in and starts ranting on those whose opinions differ from hers, calling them trolls and saying they don't have the right to post in here. Quite obviously she is doing it to irritate those individuals. If anyone is trolling, it's her, as she is the one being the shit-disturber.

I'm not a huge reverse harem fan either, though so long as it doesn't focus entirely on the romance element (hakuouki or acana famiglia as examples) I'm okay with it. But just because I say I don't like it doesn't mean I'm trolling.
LunaAug 8, 2012 12:00 AM
Jul 26, 2012 8:29 AM

Dec 2007
What's the point in saying you don't like it? I read about tons of anime I don't like--I only posted about this one because of a prior attachment to the series itself. In general though, I try to go by the "if you don't have anything nice to say" rule.
Jul 26, 2012 9:08 AM

Jun 2011
phoenixalia said:
I don't get why people who don't like reverse harems comment on this lol. if you don't like it, don't comment on it....

well haters are gonna hate but us fans are gonna say YAY!

Well I like reverse harems but not all are good. So people commenting that they don't like reverse harems are probably saying from experience of those bad reverse harems and just expressing their opinion. Well my point is that not all people saying things about what they don't like are trolls and/or haters. Just expressing their opinion, and they don't expect EVERYONE to agree with them.

I mean NO offense. Like I said before I like reverse harems in general, it's just not all are good. This is neutral comment/statement. :3
LunaAug 8, 2012 12:01 AM
Jul 26, 2012 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
i'm not sure that i'm gonna watch it
Jul 26, 2012 10:24 PM

Feb 2011
SageShinigami said:
What's the point in saying you don't like it?

Would you say there is more of a point to say you do like reverse harems than you don't? I mean just flat out saying it, not going on a rant about it. Because that's really all anyone is doing.
Jul 26, 2012 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
''Based on Otom...- NO, THANKU.
Jul 27, 2012 5:01 AM

May 2010
Obly OVA? Wonder if there will be TV season...
Jul 27, 2012 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
No. Not interested.
Jul 27, 2012 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
RevanFanatic said:
How it was meant to be read:
dtshyk said:
...Miyabi Neko beats off enemies with other handsome male members.

How I actually read it:

dtshyk said:
...Miyabi Neko beats off other handsome male members.

hahaha, nice speed-reading you got there.

iLostReason said:
''Based on Otom...- NO, THANKU.

^ most people will react like this.
But if it turned out to be good, maybe it could reap some serious success like what happened with Ouran anime back then.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jul 27, 2012 9:51 AM
Mar 2010
SageShinigami said:
What's the point in saying you don't like it? I read about tons of anime I don't like--I only posted about this one because of a prior attachment to the series itself. In general though, I try to go by the "if you don't have anything nice to say" rule.

^this.

RevanFanatic said:

Some people come in not expecting it to be reverse harem, find out it is, and then say they don't want to watch it. They aren't typing "I hate reverse harems they suck ass", they are simply saying "I'm not going to watch this because I don't like reverse harems." That is quite obviously an opinion, not trolling.

Then SHE comes in and starts ranting on those whose opinions differ from hers, calling them trolls and saying they don't have the right to post in here. Quite obviously she is doing it to irritate those individuals. If anyone is trolling, it's her, as she is the one being the shit-disturber.

I'm not a huge reverse harem fan either, though so long as it doesn't focus entirely on the romance element (hakuouki or acana famiglia as examples) I'm okay with it. But just because I say I don't like it doesn't mean I'm trolling.

I never really thought it of it that way. Brings a new way to think about it. But like SageShinigami said, isn't it better to say nothing at all if you have nothing nice to say in a situation like this?

I didn't do it to irritate anybody btw. I am sorry if you felt that way.

phoenixaliaJul 27, 2012 10:13 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 27, 2012 12:18 PM

Mar 2010
I liked the one game that NIS America released over here and ever since I played it I tried to get into the anime franchise but I just couldn't, I don't think this will change especially with it being an otome thing, I'd prefer more from the new york timeline
LunaAug 8, 2012 12:02 AM
Jul 27, 2012 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
RevanFanatic said:
SageShinigami said:
What's the point in saying you don't like it?

Would you say there is more of a point to say you do like reverse harems than you don't? I mean just flat out saying it, not going on a rant about it. Because that's really all anyone is doing.

Positivity > negativity. That's pretty much my response to that.
Jul 28, 2012 9:37 AM

Feb 2011
jmal said:
RevanFanatic said:
If I offered you a cup of coffee and you didn't like coffee

The difference is that your scenario involves a direct one-on-one interaction in which your reaction is being directly, intentionally solicited. There is an expectation that you will make your opinion known whether you want to or not. In these announcement threads, however, to comment negatively you need to choose to proactively read the thread (completely voluntarily), and proactively offer your reaction (completely voluntarily). Without being asked, without any expectation that you will or should or must do so, without any repercussions if you just ignore it entirely. Very different situation.

I disagree. Your definitely delving too deep into it. They underlying point I was trying to get at was that posting "I don't like it" is in no way a rude thing to do. Yet, people are saying it is. The situations may obviously differ, but the meaning behind the metaphor does not.
Jul 31, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2009
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm so happy!!!! Sakura Taisen re-make would be better, but that's good too! I can't wait!
Aug 7, 2012 7:43 AM

Apr 2009
I'm looking forward to it! An anime with the "old" characters would have been great, but this looks interesting too. Either way, it's nice that this franchise gets some attention again :3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 10 hours ago

18 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 seconds ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
17 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.